Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up my DDD and Ness right at 10:00. there was only one other person there so we both got our King DDD!  I drove around to some other gamestops after to grab some of the used amiibos that are on sale now with the buy 3 get 50% off sale and 3 of the 4 stores had at least one DDD. They all had at least 5 Ness. This was around 12:00. There is hope if you cant get out until 4:00! 

So a few key stores in big cities were well stocked. Fantastic. We have 1 TRU in our town..... and when I say town I mean like a 50 mile radius The employee at the store told me they'd received 3 or 4 Greninja's, but when he arrived a few minutes before opening there were over 50 people in line.

Glad some people somewhere got them but that doesn't help me at all, especially if the store was letting you buy multiples like you said they were. At least Gamestop seems to be restricting all sales to 1 per person.

The really sad thing? That TRU was still better stocked than all 3 Target's in our area were with Jigglypuff.....
From my experience, most stores in big cities were well stocked on the exclusives. It's unfortunate that you live in a rural area, but my recollection is that you are retired and independently wealthy, so it seems like rather than wasting all your time posting on message boards and lamenting your situation, you could either move to somewhere more developed or pay the markup on Ebay and put an end to your suffering. Of course, I realize that people like yourself tend to exaggerate and enjoy the act of bitching and moaning constantly.

Went to two Gamestops this morning.  Picked up a Ness and Dedede at the mall one (they got a total of 4 Dedede and 12 Ness).  I was the only person there at opening.  Went to the other Gamestop down the road to check for a game they supposedly had in stock (they didn't, it was mislabeled).  They initially got 5 Ness and 4 Dedede but were down to 4 Ness and 1 Dedede by the time I got there.  Several customers came in and made purchases and a few minutes later when I left they only had 2 Ness left.  Dedede was definitely a quick seller, and it seems like Ness got a mostly healthy stocking among many stores. 

GS called me about 5 minutes ago to come pick up the King DDD I pre-ordered like 6 months ago or whenever the hell it was.
Same here. Although 6 months ago they called me and I forgot to come in the 48 hour window. They sold him to someone else. Just glad to finally have him as hes one of the best looking amiibos IMO.

Walked into GS at Noon yesterday and they had easily 10-12 NESS behind the counter just sitting there. They casually sold me one no issue at all. I guess alot of GS sold them early. Definitely was happy about that too because Ness was one of my most wanted Amiibos.

TRU was the best experience of the store exclusives for me. I did line up early to get a pre-order, but they had extra Greninjas when I went to pick up my pre-order so I got one more for trade bait. The store actually had lots of extras in stock on release day and I heard about people getting some after they got off work at more than one store in town.
Same here. I was able to find a Greninja, Splatoon 3 pack, Wario and Pac-Man at TRU in the evening of the last release day. Only down side is they sell for a dollar more than everywhere else, but I guess that is still better than ebay prices.

Same here. I was able to find a Greninja, Splatoon 3 pack, Wario and Pac-Man at TRU in the evening of the last release day. Only down side is they sell for a dollar more than everywhere else, but I guess that is still better than ebay prices.
I would rather pay $1 more per Amiibo at TRU and actually get it on release over paying $15 - $20 more on ebay or waiting months for a restock like with Ness, Dedede, Shulk and Wii Fit Trainer

Same here. Although 6 months ago they called me and I forgot to come in the 48 hour window. They sold him to someone else. Just glad to finally have him as hes one of the best looking amiibos IMO.

Walked into GS at Noon yesterday and they had easily 10-12 NESS behind the counter just sitting there. They casually sold me one no issue at all. I guess alot of GS sold them early. Definitely was happy about that too because Ness was one of my most wanted Amiibos.
Mine looks like shit honestly, as does my Charizard and Wario. I am starting to wonder if the quality control on these have gone down or if I'm just unlucky.

I have to admit I was impressed with Ness and Pit though.

I would rather pay $1 more per Amiibo at TRU and actually get it on release over paying $15 - $20 more on ebay or waiting months for a restock like with Ness, Dedede, Shulk and Wii Fit Trainer
Why not just cut the store exclusivity BS altogether? Everyone's had different experiences, and for me Gamestop has been the best by a wide margin. And that's really saying something.

Last edited:
Managed to get a Ness and DDD after open this morning. Only one other person in line. My collection is almost complete now! Just missing Villager and Gold Mario :( On a side note, everytime I see someone with a best offer on ebay I always offer 12.99 lol

The really sad thing? That TRU was still better stocked than all 3 Target's in our area were with Jigglypuff.....
This is my point. Retailer exclusives are never good, but TRU was better than Target or Best Buy or Gamestop... all in the same "large" mythical city with amiibo everywhere that you are imagining...

When ike get reprint?
Didn't that Ike already happen? Like simultaneously at GameStop with reprint Marth? There were usually 2-4 Marth to only 1-2 Ike amiibo at each GS. I wouldn't have known about it at all if the associate hadn't brought out Ike when he was getting the Marth for me.

Actually, I guess it could've just been Ike amiibo that GS "found" in their warehouse, rather than a true reprint. Not sure.

For my MN amiigos near Mankato, Raintree has (0) D3 and I didn't see how many Ness but it looked to be about 5 after I left at 10am, and Riverhills Mall Gamestop had (3) D3 and (5) Ness at opening; happy hunting!

0Ocffj1.jpg

This is my point. Retailer exclusives are never good, but TRU was better than Target or Best Buy or Gamestop... all in the same "large" mythical city with amiibo everywhere that you are imagining...

TRU stores overall had the most release day stock and were the most likely to use a structured ticketing system. Target wasn't bad either, but it depended on the location for sure. Best Buy was--and still is--the worst. Very little release day stock and no system to maintain line order. Even worse, they show no signs of improvement for the next wave either. They just don't care since they're selling out anyway. Which is a shame since I don't often have the opportunity to take advantage of my GCU discount. :(

WTF are you even talking about? You were the one who talked about how well stocked Greninja was. All I said is that that wasn't the case everywhere.

And like I JUST said, I've heard plenty of different people with different experiences as far as retail exclusives go. For me, Gamestop has been much easier to deal with than anyone else. Every other store I've seen has been completely unable to keep retail-exclusives in stock.

The only commonality I've seen in most of these stories is that nobody seems to like how Target has handled things.

Seems like GameStop is bringing Ness back in full force, which is nice since he was markedly absent on day 1.

Also didn't realize the backs of the reprinted Ness and Dedede are different, but they now have the n3DS XL on there so that's an easy way to spot the old from the new(er)

Called local GS at 10:05. Was told they have extras. Arrived 10 minutes later 2 KDD and approx 15 Ness. Easton Mall GS Columbus Oh. Associate said they had a meeting recently and Lego Dimensions, Skylanders and Infinity want buzz so they will use Nintendo business model. He said Lego Dimensions in particular will be difficult to find. This may have been a sales pitch b/ I took a list of the LD and will preorder a couple. Son is not interested b/ will keep as collectable.
It's interesting the way the market is reacting to amiibos' success. However, production figures and marketing are going to get a lot uglier because amiibos have what all the others don't: 30 years of Nintendo nostalgia. Disney can't even replicate this let alone piggy Activision.

Sounds like the guy might have been BSing you pretty hard. There was just an interview posted in the Didney Infinity thread saying they wanted to avoid Nintendo shenanigans and that everything would be stocked well. (As have the past 2 waves for them). I can't find the link, but heres a quote from the executive producer

Hanson:
Given the turbulent release of Amiibo characters, are you doing anything to prepare for the high demand for Star Wars figures?

Vignocchi: There is never an intention to create a shortage of any figures. It is irresponsible and rude to your hardcore fans. They don't want to create frustration or the hunt. So they will be stocking the shelves well!

I don't collect Skylanders, but the only thing I heard being annoyingly rare was the Kaos trap or something. And I'm not touching Lego Dimensions with a 10 foot pole.
Great job Disney guy! Now half of everyone who wants to buy the Star Wars figures will be waiting for sales.

I took the high road unlike alot of people, I'm sure. I walk into Gamestop at 10:00 and the one person in front of me picked up a Dedede and Ness. She got checked out and I say I need Amiibo as well. The cute girl immediately grabs both Ness and Dedede and I stop and tell her I only want Ness. Sure, I could have got both and flipped the Dedede, but I already have one so I figured I'd be a good guy and leave it for someone who actually needs it... I immediately drive to the Gamestop down the road and pick up a 2nd Ness for when I need decent trade fodder for the bullshit that will be wave 5-2 (Already have Dark Pit and Palutena secured)

attachicon.gif
ness amiibo.jpg
Stupid post of the week! LOL

It's interesting the way the market is reacting to amiibos' success. However, production figures and marketing are going to get a lot uglier because amiibos have what all the others don't: 30 years of Nintendo nostalgia. Disney can't even replicate this let alone piggy Activision.
Disney does this shit all the time with their movies and the vault (except those tend to be well stocked for awhile). They also are the only company I know that can consistantly charge asinine prices for ancient movies. And don't even get me started on some of their other shitty practices, like refusing to sell 3D Blu's in the USA. They may not create artificial shortages like Nintendo but their practices are just as bad.

At any rate, you can't seriously argue that the majority of Disney's properties aren't bigger than everything Nintendo has except maybe Mario. The average person isn't gonna know who Link or Samus are, but they sure as hell remember Aladdin and Simba.

And that's before you account for Marvel and Star Wars. So yeah, if Disney wanted to play Nintendo's game and create artificial shortages to increase demand, they could in an instant. Or at least they could've if Disney Infinity had been any good..... The only real difference here is that there's already a ton of merchandise for all of Disney's properties. Nintendo has put out a lot more than people give them credit for, but not nearly a fraction of what Disney/Marvel/Star Wars has, and never this heavily marketed before.

Last edited:
So excited! Walked into my Gamestop around noon and picked up a Ness, no problem. :D YAAAAY this Earthbound fan is super happy. @_@

Ness is still available on the website.  Don't search for Ness Amiibo or direct link.  Go to the bar and search "Amiibo" and he will be the first entry.  Click "Add to cart" and it will allow you to check out with one.

Yea, my Gamestop had three Ness and one DDD.  I started to pick them up for trades but just put them back so someone hopefully that needs them will get a chance.  Probably just lost them to a scalper, but at least I feel better about it.

Managed to get an extra ness, finally. Gives me something to trade for the wave 5 exclusives I have no chance of buying...

At any rate, you can't seriously argue that the majority of Disney's properties aren't bigger than everything Nintendo has except maybe Mario. The average person isn't gonna know who Link or Samus are, but they sure as hell remember Aladdin and Simba.
Who is arguing that Disney has less brand name and character recognition? Nice try with the strawman argument. Nintendo amiibos outsell the shit out of Disney Infinity and that's all there is to it.

Just did an online order for DDD, hopefully they're still in stock, i really want my DDD  :pray:

....just read there was  a code for free shipping?? damn it!

Great job Disney guy! Now half of everyone who wants to buy the Star Wars figures will be waiting for sales.
To be fair, seems like that's what most of the older collectors do. Especially with the Power Discs.

It's the kiddies who really want them day one, or as presents. But it must be a good business model for them, all of the DI stuff was selling like hotcakes during a sale TRU had around Christmas.

SAVER code didnt work for my $26 order of Dedede and Ness online.  I activated the offer, but at the final step of the checkout process it said my order was ineligible for the discount.  The only option was to pay the $3.50 value shipping.

I am in the middle of moving my game room setup, and all that goes with it into a smaller guestroom/closet. have to turn the old game room into a nursery.

anyhow I am a list/categorize kind of guy. to keep track of all the amiibo during the move from one room to another... does anyone know of a basic checklist for amiibo. what I am looking for is a list broken down by series line, then by wave. ideally with the past and future release date as well. I have seen so many all over the place, but they just have a little too much going on. I looked at a couple of the apps and the get middle of the road reviews. if anyone can steer me in the right direction I would greatly appreciiate it.

Who is arguing that Disney has less brand name and character recognition? Nice try with the strawman argument. Nintendo figures outsell the shit out of Disney figures and that's all there is to it.
You said that Nintendo has 30 years of nostalgia to work on and that Disney couldnt' match that. What are you basing that on? What makes you think Disney nostalgia is weaker than Nintendo nostalgia?

Besides the Mario franchises I can't recall ever seeing Nintendo figures outside of specialty shops like Gamestop and the internet. Certainly not like at Toys R Us or Wal-Mart.

Last edited:
I am in the middle of moving my game room setup, and all that goes with it into a smaller guestroom/closet. have to turn the old game room into a nursery.

anyhow I am a list/categorize kind of guy. to keep track of all the amiibo during the move from one room to another... does anyone know of a basic checklist for amiibo. what I am looking for is a list broken down by series line, then by wave. ideally with the past and future release date as well. I have seen so many all over the place, but they just have a little too much going on. I looked at a couple of the apps and the get middle of the road reviews. if anyone can steer me in the right direction I would greatly appreciiate it.
Wait... Are you saying you need a special Amiibo tracking app to make sure you don't drop an amiibo and lose it when you're carrying it down the hall to another room? I think you should invest in a sturdy helmet and someone to file down all the corners in your house.

I am in the middle of moving my game room setup, and all that goes with it into a smaller guestroom/closet. have to turn the old game room into a nursery.

anyhow I am a list/categorize kind of guy. to keep track of all the amiibo during the move from one room to another... does anyone know of a basic checklist for amiibo. what I am looking for is a list broken down by series line, then by wave. ideally with the past and future release date as well. I have seen so many all over the place, but they just have a little too much going on. I looked at a couple of the apps and the get middle of the road reviews. if anyone can steer me in the right direction I would greatly appreciiate it.
Yeah there's an iOS app called Collector - amiibo edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back