Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon hasn't had an exclusive Amiibo yet, have they?

I doubt they will, given their shaky relationship with NoA.
No they haven't, and that's a good point about their relationship with Nintendo. I hadn't thought of that.

I'm not sure what else it could be though. Surely they alone aren't getting a bunch of restocks are they?

Why do I feel like people really want there to be an amazon exclusive amiibo. They're the worst for actually being able to get one(flickering). We've had two waves with exclusives. Why do people think amazon is "due" for one if they haven't had one before

Ps: why do they speculate it to be palutena? You want her to be impossible to find?

Why do I feel like people really want there to be an amazon exclusive amiibo. They're the worst for actually being able to get one(flickering). We've had two waves with exclusives. Why do people think amazon is "due" for one if they haven't had one before

Ps: why do they speculate it to be palutena? You want her to be impossible to find?
^this

Any online-exclusive Amiibo would be a nightmare for most anyone to be able to obtain one

Hoping other sites will start listing this too, don't see why that wouldn't be the case though. That game looks awesome, the online component alone had me sold.

Given the frosty relationship between Nintendo and Amazon, I find it hard to believe they'd be getting an exclusive like this, but I guess we'll see. Either way, it's still a meh announcement to me.
Incredibly unlikely that Amazon get an exclusive and they apparently already said the announcement would have nothing to do with restocks since those go up as soon as they're available. Guessing it'll be info on the Mario Maker Bundle/Wave 5 release dates.

This Amazon thing better be more than simply an announcement.  with AmazonJosh saying cryptic things like "you might not want to pull an all-nighter tonight" *wink*

Amiibos have become such a giant time-sink for me and I can't wait for the SSB line to be finished.  I'm tired of all this pimping and whoring from the retailers and the social media, and especially sick of our region getting these things last when we're 2/3 of the market.  It is just a bad habit now. 

This may be slightly off topic but how dope would an 8bit style amiibo collection of Mike Tyson's Punch-Out be? I know they removed Tyson from the game in the 80's but I think it's high time to bring him back and get rid of Mr Dream.

Amazon DE was kind enough to waive shipping on the Bowser Jr. I just ordered since they won't combine it with my previous Olimar/Dr. Mario order.  Under $20 a piece, shipping this weekend, good deal.

lol this is so stupid.  Amazon can't handle Amiibo that all stores get.  Their exclusive will flicker in and out for a few seconds and there will be a cry across the internet

Amazon DE was kind enough to waive shipping on the Bowser Jr. I just ordered since they won't combine it with my previous Olimar/Dr. Mario order. Under $20 a piece, shipping this weekend, good deal.
Just curious what you said to them and if you had to use translation services. I ordered a few extra amiibo to make the price per amiibo more cost effective, but would rather just order a solo Bowser Jr to add to the other two.

Well dark pit is supposed to get like 100 per store when it comes out. If paluteña has same amount in their inventory as dark pits that are gonna be made will it still be a flicker and gone situation? I don't know how many figures consisted in each of those flicker restocks. If this lasts atleast 30 minutes I can probably get one. Is it not gonna be the case tho? Is it gonna be another flicker n gone didn't get one again situations?

Yup, so damn glad I imported Wave 4a. Gonna do the same for B if I get the chance.

fuck all the late ass preorders,all the cryptic messages, and all the exclusives. I just want a full set of SSB figures.

The flicker situation only occur at amazon because as soon as the worker scan it in, it goes on sale right away. The stock is not released all at once.

I think Paulenta will actually be easier to get now since only one retailer is carry it.

Also some info from amazon:

Amazon Exclusive Palutena amiibo Information
Palutena is calling Amazon her home! Sign up above to be emailed with more information about how to order as we get closer to the July 24th release. Emails will go out to customers on July 22nd.

Amazon Josh posted this on reddit

Okay, cat's out of the bag, Palutena's going to be an exclusive to Amazon. She comes out July 24th, and we're not doing pre-orders, so orders will go live at some point that day. If you want info on when they'll go live, sign up to be emailed on the product page (Although just like wave 4, I'll cross-post everything to reddit).

A few things to keep in mind, that we learned before wave 4:
1) We want to avoid resellers as much as possible, so she'll be limited to 1 per customer.
2) We're going to let everyone know when she'll go on sale ahead of time.
3) That time will be during "normal business hours" (No 2:30am releases). 4) We learned from wave 4 that the time "windows" aren't much different from just announcing a time, so I think that's what we'll be doing.

Also, we have a lot more stock than we've had of any other amiibo yet. I know we'll end up selling out, but I think it'll be closer to the Splatoon 3-pack or Charizard or something rather than Lucina/Robin in terms of how long they're available (~15 mins after available). If you show up on time, you should be able to get one.

Wow.  Amazon better have a shit ton of those and their better not be any of that flickering bullshit.  Just scan them all in then put them all up for sale at once.

Well looks like the amiibo shortages are over. Once again, Nintendo executes a perfect plan to screw their most loyal fanbase lol. Just like Majoras Mask 3ds, Nintendo creates a shortage in the beginning without any promises of future restocks. Then they wait till all the scalpers already made their $$$ and sold their inventory before coming out with a massive restock to tank the market. Screwing both loyal fans whose willing to pay 3X the prices just to get one and fans who decided to collect them all only because Nintendo sent out the signal that some of these may be rare. So based on Nintendo's strategy

Scalpers = big winners
Everyone else other than fans who were patient = Big Losers

Just curious what you said to them and if you had to use translation services. I ordered a few extra amiibo to make the price per amiibo more cost effective, but would rather just order a solo Bowser Jr to add to the other two.
One of the contact options when you dive down is "Email in English" or something, and I just sent them a note asking to combine the two orders. Time from ordering to shipping refund was about an hour.

One of the contact options when you dive down is "Email in English" or something, and I just sent them a note asking to combine the two orders. Time from ordering to shipping refund was about an hour.
Yeah, I found it. Thanks so much. Hopefully they at the very least give me the 3-item shipping rate.

Amazon Josh posted this on reddit

Okay, cat's out of the bag, Palutena's going to be an exclusive to Amazon. She comes out July 24th, and we're not doing pre-orders, so orders will go live at some point that day. If you want info on when they'll go live, sign up to be emailed on the product page (Although just like wave 4, I'll cross-post everything to reddit).

A few things to keep in mind, that we learned before wave 4:
1) We want to avoid resellers as much as possible, so she'll be limited to 1 per customer.
2) We're going to let everyone know when she'll go on sale ahead of time.
3) That time will be during "normal business hours" (No 2:30am releases). 4) We learned from wave 4 that the time "windows" aren't much different from just announcing a time, so I think that's what we'll be doing.

Also, we have a lot more stock than we've had of any other amiibo yet. I know we'll end up selling out, but I think it'll be closer to the Splatoon 3-pack or Charizard or something rather than Lucina/Robin in terms of how long they're available (~15 mins after available). If you show up on time, you should be able to get one.
fuck you NoA. fuck you so goddamned much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back