Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't get why people have it out for those who want to keep their stuff sealed. Lots of people buy toys and keep them sealed so its not exactly an odd concept.
Right? Wanting things in good shape isn't worthy of belittling. Basically anything collectible works like that: cars, antiques, cards, toys, even money. I would much rather have _______ in better condition than worse. It's just common sense. His post adds nothing to this thread.

Also, a store like Target operates such a large online shopping presence that they should have more than enough packing supplies. It's not like they're going to bankrupt themselves on bubble wrap or crumpled paper. They get bulk so much so often that it basically costs nothing to them except an extra 12 seconds during packing.

I think complaining that Target isn't spending money on additional packaging materials for something meant too be open is silly.

If your A NIB collector you should buy in store.
Yes, it's simply ridiculous that people expect the items that they purchase online to reach them undamaged. How dare they!

Whose to say its meant to be open then? That's just your opinion and not a fact.

As far as buying in store its a little hard to do if they don't stock it in store.
No, it's a fact. They come up in a box and are meant to be opened and played with. Cars are meant to be driven. String cheese is meant to be eaten.

The purpose is to use them for games. That's the advertisement on the back of the box.

Right? Wanting things in good shape isn't worthy of belittling. Basically anything collectible works like that: cars, antiques, cards, toys, even money. I would much rather have _______ in better condition than worse. It's just common sense. His post adds nothing to this thread.
Aside from toys none of what you mentioned comes in a clamshell box. Do you keep the shipping paper/wrap on a car when it's delivered a dealership?

$13 toy. Expecting anyone to package it to arrive mint is laughable.

No, it's a fact. They come up in a box and are meant to be opened and played with. Cars are meant to be driven. String cheese is meant to be eaten.

The purpose is to use them for games. That's the advertisement on the back of the box.
That doesnt really mean anything. Just because you like to open them up and use them doesnt mean everyone likes to do the same. If thats the case why bother packaging them? Why doesnt Nintendo just throw them in plastic bags and call it a day?

Better to throw out all the original artwork and just place your all game disks in a CD case. It'll save you tons of space, and as long as you can still play the games, why bother keeping the clutter? 

This is CAG, where you strive to get the most for your money. Even if a certain PS3 game is only $2.50, I know we're going after the best looking, complete product we can get, even knowing the disks will play regardless of the case it comes with. No true CAG is above that tendency. Prescribe introspection for blindness. smh 

Pretty much any item collected is an item to be displayed. A "display" is every bit about personal preference and opinion. I like both my open-box display and my NiB display (although, admittedly, displaying the latter is becoming more cumbersome with every new figure released). Each box is simply a wonderful part of the full presentation--a part lost when you tear the box by opening the figure.

I still haven't found a perfect way to preserve the box while opening. :(  

If I can find a way to open without damage, that would be the best of both worlds and require only one set.

Better to throw out all the original artwork and just place your all game disks in a CD case. It'll save you tons of space, and as long as you can still play the games, why bother keeping the clutter?
This is CAG, where you strive to get the most for your money. Even if a certain PS3 game is only $2.50, I know we're going after the best looking, complete product we can get, even knowing the disks will play regardless of the case it comes with. No true CAG is above that tendency. Prescribe introspection for blindness. smh

Pretty much any item collected is an item to be displayed. A "display" is every bit about personal preference and opinion. I like both my open-box display and my NiB display (although, admittedly, displaying the latter is becoming more cumbersome with every new figure released). Each box is simply a wonderful part of the full presentation--a part lost when you tear the box by opening the figure.

I still haven't found a perfect way to preserve the box while opening. :(
If I can find a way to open without damage, that would be the best of both worlds and require only one set.
I haven't done it myself, but pretty sure I've seen someone in this thread mention about cutting open the bottom of the package. I'm sure someone who's done it will chime in with more details for you.

I dunno why everyone is getting mad at the guy who bought two of each... He said one was for keeps one for trades. Not like he made 6 target accounts and bought 12 of each.

I bought an extra ness frim Gamestop and rosalina from target for trades in case I dont get some from upcoming waves.

I dunno why everyone is getting mad at the guy who bought two of each... He said one was for keeps one for trades. Not like he made 6 target accounts and bought 12 of each.

I bought an extra ness frim Gamestop and rosalina from target for trades in case I dont get some from upcoming waves.
Pretty sure the majority of us were just messing around. Can't speak for everyone, just saying.

If you're a collector, you want your boxes in good shape. If you're just gaming, you don't care.  Each person has their preference. Personally, I open my Amiibo and use them.  If i get an extra, I keep them in the box because some people find that more desirable.  No need to clog up the forum with people shit-talking each other because they have different preferences. 

I don't think he was saying people who want their boxes in good shape are wrong. I think he was trying to say that Target isn't going to alter their shipping routines and spend more money on packing materials to cater to a small minority(collectors).

They will pack them like any other toy figurine.

I don't think he was saying people who want their boxes in good shape are wrong. I think he was trying to say that Target isn't going to alter their shipping routines and spend more money on packing materials to cater to a small minority(collectors).

They could rip the Amiibos out of the packaging and throw it loose in a refrigerator box full of brambles and salt and I'd still be happy as long as it came in good shape and looked good wif my over loosies

picked up my pit order at walmart. Imagine if your worst enemy worked at the packaging facility and knew it was your pit, thats how bad this thing was packaged...

They could rip the Amiibos out of the packaging and throw it loose in a refrigerator box full of brambles and salt and I'd still be happy as long as it came in good shape and looked good wif my over loosies
Lol if you got it like that you'd be pissed. If they send anyone an open item they have they right to complain.

I originally was just curious if they used packing material at all. I open my amiibo so its no big deal but I havent bought much from targets website and I wanted to know if it was a common practice. It made me wonder if I bought a movie, CD, video games, small electronic etc. If it would be packed in a manner where it wouldnt be destroyed? No need for any arguing.

I am just trying to help others. Sorry if I don't constantly troll and have nothing better to do but comment on people trying to help out the rest of the community.

Aside from toys none of what you mentioned comes in a clamshell box. Do you keep the shipping paper/wrap on a car when it's delivered a dealership?

$13 toy. Expecting anyone to package it to arrive mint is laughable.
That depends on how much you're paying for shipping and handling.
If I'm paying normal flat rate USPS, yeah, I may not expect it to be perfect. If I'm paying $7+ shipping on a $13 toy? I expect that toy to be pretty well protected.

Went on Amazon.de yesterday after asking how to translate it on here. I ended up buying Shulk, Little Mac, Lucina, Ganondorf, and Captain Falcon for $87 all together. About $17 each. Not bad at all, and they have almost all amiibo available. Makes me wonder why doesn't everyone just go on there to get the ones they're missing.

Went on Amazon.de yesterday after asking how to translate it on here. I ended up buying Shulk, Little Mac, Lucina, Ganondorf, and Captain Falcon for $87 all together. About $17 each. Not bad at all, and they have almost all amiibo available. Makes me wonder why doesn't everyone just go on there to get the ones they're missing.
It's crazy to see these prices for imports, it cost me $17.50 to get Dedede from GS with the shipping. I really should just import the rest that I want and be done with it.

Yes, exactly. Amiibo's are no different from Minecraft toys or Transformers.

They are toys. They will not spend extra packing mater and time for a small group of fans.

If fans want them in perfect condition, buy at retail OR pay a markup from a seller who will pack them perfectly.

For what it's worth, I've ordered from Target, Best Buy, Wal-Mart etc and all my Amiibos came in pretty tight boxes. Not much room to wiggle around.

I did the same thing from amazon.it for zero suit samus,ganondorf,dark pit and paulenta and it came out to a little under $18 each.I've been checking the site since then to get Dr. Mario,Bowser Jr and Olimar but haven't seen them yet,but i did just get Dr. Mario and Bowser Jr. from amazon.de along with Little Mac and Captain Falcon that I've been needing.Came out to just under $18 each again.

That's what the argument turned into after he realized how dumb it was to criticize collecting habits.

My two arrived today and they were pretty beaten. The plastic was dented pretty bad and corners are folded and dinged up. Luckily I got them for friends that I think open them, so no harm no foul.

I just went and smashed Zero Suit Samus, Marth, Lucina, Dr. Mario, Bowser Jr. And Little Mac for about $17/each. Missed out on some others I wanted though.

Whoa, I just saw people posting pics of some wave 5 amiibo (dr.mario etc.). Are they already out in other regions? Why do we have to wait until September, lol?

Maybe I ain't wit' it, nor am I a trendy, but old fashioned me believes if you have something shipped, it should arrive in the same condition as it would be if you bought it in a store.

I feel like the world's biggest idiot! Jigglypuff was up for hours, and I didn't buy one because I had no interest in the figure, and thought that Nintendo finally made good on the promise of it no longer being rare.

Whoa, I just saw people posting pics of some wave 5 amiibo (dr.mario etc.). Are they already out in other regions? Why do we have to wait until September, lol?
I asked a Nintendo rep about this during both the TRU Greninja release day and then again at the Nintendo World Championships. His response was "Well the US market is such a large market that we have to wait longer for them all to be manufactured and build up a large amount of stock before we can release them. That's why the US gets them later." (He was one of the legit corporate reps, one of the ones running the tournament, not one of the guys that comes into best buy to fix the DS display.)

Which I don't believe. I believe it's entirely a 4-6 week cushion to give Nintendo enough time to generate large amounts of revenue from NA retailer exclusivity distribution agreements.

my jigglypuff and rosalina both arrived today and like many others have said the packaging was awful as they were both crammed together in a tiny box that just barely fit them but I open them anyways so it wasn't a big deal but target definitely needs to start packaging them better.

i ordered a few times from target. never had a problem where they messed it up by squeezing 2 amiibos in a small box until now. its ridiculous. they always sent it in a bigger or longer box. my friend also received his on the same day and we both live in the same city. he got a longer box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back