Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't hear people discuss the s platoon amiibos very much. I've been looking for an Inkgirl for a while now, maybe over a month and can't find her anywhere. Any suggestions?

I don't hear people discuss the s platoon amiibos very much. I've been looking for an Inkgirl for a while now, maybe over a month and can't find her anywhere. Any suggestions?
The Splatoon Amiibos, which, along with Charizzard and Wario, everyone was sure they'd be common. I saw some triple packs on launch day, and a few singles available for a few days following launch, but since then, nothing. I'm glad I preordered an Inkling Girl now - I guess with Amiibos, you never know.

Yeah, Splatoon seems to have gone the way of the scalpers. I'm routinely seeing the 3-pack in the vicinity of $80 on Craigslist and such. Shame.

Yeah there is no way they were legit bids. The first couple of hundred are plausible but after that i don't believe it for a second.
I'm not saying anything nefarious happened with those bids, but the mafia uses shit like that to help clean their money all the time. Or so I hear. I remember some outrageous bid for a melted DS like 5 or 6 years ago that apparently ended up being some gangster paying himself.

Of course if it was something like that it'd be moronic as hell to use items that would draw attention like that.

Last edited:
I'm not saying anything nefarious happened with those bids, but the mafia uses shit like that to help clean their money all the time. Or so I hear. I remember some outrageous bid for a melted DS like 5 or 6 years ago that apparently ended up being some gangster paying himself.

Of course if it was something like that it'd be moronic as hell to use items that would draw attention like that.
You mean money laundering? Sure. Spending tons of money for an Amiibo is just what the mob is doing.

Only at CAG folks.

Yeah, Splatoon seems to have gone the way of the scalpers. I'm routinely seeing the 3-pack in the vicinity of $80 on Craigslist and such. Shame.
I'd been asking about Splatoon for awhile and felt like I was being ignored because no one seemed to know anything. Apparently there was a restock of Inkling boy and girl (but not the three pack) at the NWS this past weekend. A fellow CAG grabbed me the two of them so now I just need to figure out how to get a squid without paying $45 for one on ebay.

There's no better deal than that sweet, sweet MSRP

Isn't there supposed to be a bundle with the game + all 3 amiibo?

Last edited:
I'd been asking about Splatoon for awhile and felt like I was being ignored because no one seemed to know anything. Apparently there was a restock of Inkling boy and girl (but not the three pack) at the NWS this past weekend. A fellow CAG grabbed me the two of them so now I just need to figure out how to get a squid without paying $45 for one on ebay.
Isn't the squid supposed to get a standalone release?

Kinda wish I didn't sleep on Splatoon. I figured it would be like the SM series... overstocked to all hell. I remember seeing the 3 pack on TRU's shelves late on release day.

Why does everyone suddenly give a damn about the Splatoon amiibo?  To me, they represent the absolute worst case scenario for amiibo:  Day 1 DLC locked behind an impossible to find $35 (or more now I guess) paywall.

Why does everyone suddenly give a damn about the Splatoon amiibo? To me, they represent the absolute worst case scenario for amiibo: Day 1 DLC locked behind an impossible to find $35 (or more now I guess) paywall.
Because they don't play the game and simply collect the figures....that's why. It doesn't matter what paywall they have, collectors want them because they are toys.

Because they don't play the game and simply collect the figures....that's why. It doesn't matter what paywall they have, collectors want them because they are toys.
Eh, I guess it's all in how you define toy. To me amiibo feel more like display pieces than toys. Which appeal to me a lot more than toys would anyways.

Either way though I'd be a lot more willing to buy that argument is Splatoon was an established IP. It seems like everyone interested in these particular Amiibo are suffering from the "Gotta have them all" mindset. That goes double for someone interested in the figures who hasn't played the game..... what possible appeal could they really have then.

I mean I guess I get it to a point, I'd like to have all the SSB amiibo myself. But I do use them to play against when nobody is over/online and even to practice with. The Splatoon amiibo just irritate me with the very fact that they exist because they offer none of that.

Last edited:
Eh, I guess it's all in how you define toy. To me amiibo feel more like display pieces than toys. Which appeal to me a lot more than toys would anyways.

Either way though I'd be a lot more willing to buy that argument is Splatoon was an established IP. It seems like everyone interested in these particular Amiibo are suffering from the "Gotta have them all" mindset. That goes double for someone interested in the figures who hasn't played the game..... what possible appeal could they really have then.

I mean I guess I get it to a point, I'd like to have all the SSB amiibo myself. But I do use them to play against when nobody is over/online and even to practice with. The Splatoon amiibo just irritate me with the very fact that they exist because they offer none of that.
The Splatoon amiibo unlock extra content in the game that you cannot get any other way. Each Amiibo unlocks challenges that give you extra gear and a mini arcade game once you complete the challenges. It is part of the single player mode so I do not think a lot of people realize what they actually do because Splatoon is largely a multiplayer mode game (and much more fun this way).

Isn't the squid supposed to get a standalone release?

Kinda wish I didn't sleep on Splatoon. I figured it would be like the SM series... overstocked to all hell. I remember seeing the 3 pack on TRU's shelves late on release day.
No, you must buy the three pack to get it. However, overseas it is sold separately.

Why does everyone suddenly give a damn about the Splatoon amiibo? To me, they represent the absolute worst case scenario for amiibo: Day 1 DLC locked behind an impossible to find $35 (or more now I guess) paywall.
I didn't give a damn about them or the game itself really, but took the chance on the game a few weeks after release because I had a coupon, and ended up really liking it. After I decided I liked the game so much, that was when I decided I wanted the amiibo for it.

So yeah, it might be locked on disc content, but I do want to play the challenges and unlock the additional weapons just because I like the game that much. I guess I'm a sucker.

The Splatoon amiibo unlock extra content in the game that you cannot get any other way. Each Amiibo unlocks challenges that give you extra gear and a mini arcade game once you complete the challenges. It is part of the single player mode so I do not think a lot of people realize what they actually do because Splatoon is largely a multiplayer mode game (and much more fun this way).
I know exactly what they do. It's Day 1 DLC locked behind an amiibo paywall. They don't transfer data back and forth between the amiibo at all, it simply unlocks content already on the disc.

I didn't give a damn about them or the game itself really, but took the chance on the game a few weeks after release because I had a coupon, and ended up really liking it. After I decided I liked the game so much, that was when I decided I wanted the amiibo for it.

So yeah, it might be locked on disc content, but I do want to play the challenges and unlock the additional weapons just because I like the game that much. I guess I'm a sucker.
I am kinda in the same boat, I wasn't really interested in the game especially after that abysmal testfire demo but I got it on a whim at a discounted price and found it oddly addictive. It is a lot more fun than it seems like it should be, but I like the multiplayer a lot more than the single player.

Last edited:
Thanks! Canceled my backorder of Bowser Jr. from Germany and placed an order for him and Olimar from France. $21 each isn't bad, but not as good as the $15/each I got off my order from Germany last week. I'll take the hit so that all I need to find is Ganondorf when these come out over here.

That's the smartest thing you've said all year.

and people want them now because they can't have them. The 3 pack was widely available the weekend it released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back