Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Man. I saw the 2pm at first and was a tad relieved as I wouldn't be at a funeral during that time... but then I saw it said PST which means 5pm EST... service starts at 4pm. Looks like I'll have to ask around to find someone who isn't getting one for themselves already! Obviously the funeral is much more important Though if I see a family member frantically mashing their phone screen and swearing under their breath at 5:01, I can oust them as a closet amiibo-hunter! :)

Nah. The entire amiibo population of NA all trying to access the ENTIRE stock of one retailer exclusive amiibo at the same time, on a Friday evening... last time anything even close happened like that was Ness @GS and we all remember how that went! I give Amazon a bit more leeway and credit, but even with the Lucina/Robin hunting their site was hammered and they were last to put it up (meaning the vast majority of amiibros who had already secured one didn't bother trying for another). This is not going to go well, though I'd like to remain optimistic.
Are you sure? There's a huge difference in demand between Ness and Palutena. Hell, you could go on ebay right now and find a Palutena for $21-22 shipped from Japan. Even with bunches of them just being released, you can't even find Jigglypuff or Ness for that.

I can't imagine that it blipping in and out of sale on Amazon will do much to drive it's price up any further.

Well based on their Palutena stock they have already predicted that it will last longer than Robin and Lucina. They estimated that Palutena stock will last just as long as Charizard did. When the last wave released they even warned people that Robin and Lucina were going to be tough to get and that people will have to put some effort into it if they want them. Palutena is not going to sell out as quickly as Robin or Lucina.

Out of curiosity, is this a game you actually want or are you just after the bundled amiibo?

As much as I love Animal Crossing, what we've seen so far of this game looks unbelievably boring. Like Mario Party without any minigames, just moving around the board with random consequences. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on those AC amiibo though.
Hey, yeah AC is one of my favorite series of all time! Boring is subjective, I know the backlash but honestly I love the series so much it's nice to see all the villagers in a new context, people are mad because we didn't get a mainline game, amiibo festival is not replacing AC but rather giving us different types of games in the AC universe. We are for sure getting a mainline game, so I'm excited that they are giving us more games in the series in addition to the main series tbqh!

Weren't we supposed to hear about the Amiibolanders going up for preorder this week on TRU?  I understand it's only Wednesday, but if they're also going up this week I'd have thought we'd hear about it by now...

Are you sure? There's a huge difference in demand between Ness and Palutena. Hell, you could go on ebay right now and find a Palutena for $21-22 shipped from Japan. Even with bunches of them just being released, you can't even find Jigglypuff or Ness for that.

I can't imagine that it blipping in and out of sale on Amazon will do much to drive it's price up any further.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_sop=1&LH_ItemCondition=3&_nkw=ness%20amiibo&LH_PrefLoc=3&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

Ness looks to be selling (New, shipping from NA) for ~$20. I think if you look on eBay you'll see prices are falling quite a bit.

Can anyone recommend a euro site that has shipping to the usa, that has Olimar, Dr Mario, and Bowser Jr in stock for a decent price ? Id say Japan is ok as well but the preorder prices Im seeing are more than they charged for 5a a couple weeks ago.

Add me to the Pit cancellation list. Good thing I've got a trade in the works for one. I figured cancellations were coming after I received the email that my order was delayed.

Went to my local target and found a couple wii fit trainers and bought them. Not sure if I want one for myself as i dont collect them all and am not really that interested in her but i am hoping to trade for others i do want. 

I've had a Pit waiting on me at my local Walmart for about a week now, but I just can't bring myself to pick it up.  I only bought it out of the hype of finally being up for a random unicorn in the middle of the night.  I never really wanted Pit and I just spent ~$100 importing 6 figures that I actually wanted.  Now, I feel bad because I see that a lot of you got your orders canceled.  I may just have to go pick him up!

Not amiibo related, but damn NOA for not releasing the smaller "new" 3DS here in the US. That K.K. Slider cover plate
Well, base on Reggie's hints from a few weeks back to be on the look out for a LE bundle, I always thought Animal Crossing would be the best possibility, as that was the only game coming soon from "N" that could support it's own LE bundle release. So we may see the "standard" N3DS soon, if his BS is to be believed. I'm not holding my breath though.

Which is a good thing. All of these exclusives are starting to hit sane pricepoints. My point was that even being an Amazon exclusive, I can't see Palutena being anything more than $22 shipped ever, unless people go full moron over it.

Can anyone recommend a euro site that has shipping to the usa, that has Olimar, Dr Mario, and Bowser Jr in stock for a decent price ? Id say Japan is ok as well but the preorder prices Im seeing are more than they charged for 5a a couple weeks ago.
Many of us purchased them from amazonfr. earlier this week. Price of Olimar went up but other are available. They also have placeholders with the actual amiibo of Duck Hunt, Game and Watch and ROB.

Not amiibo related, but damn NOA for not releasing the smaller "new" 3DS here in the US. That K.K. Slider cover plate
QkCVst3.png

animal-crossing-cover-plates.png
After comparing my launch 3ds screens to the niece's New 3ds XL's other day I doubt I'll ever get an XL. The XL screens looked washed out, colors not near as vibrant, and the screen door effect was terrible. I guess it's good for nintendo that lots of people that got the XL's must not have seen the 3ds beside it or else they'd never bought one. I want the regular white super famicom button colored new 3ds because I'm sure it's increase in screen size is probably not enough to make the image look too bad. I could care less about the faceplates though but I do care about image quality. I seldom use 3d & for the amount of time I do I've never had a problem holding my 3ds straight so I don't care about the 3d tracking either. I can only hope my 3ds last several more years since nintendo seems not to be going to be bringing the best version of the new 3ds over here anytime soon.

QkCVst3.png

animal-crossing-cover-plates.png
They'll bring it over. It made sense to introduce the XL to the States first but it makes even more sense to sell thousands of plates as well. Plus, that Super Famicom color scheme was gorgeous.

They'll bring it over. It made sense to introduce the XL to the States first but it makes even more sense to sell thousands of plates as well. Plus, that Super Famicom color scheme was gorgeous.
Wait what how did it make sense? From what I gathered they wanted the n3DS XL to be for man children, the regular 3DS or regular XL for children and 2DS for very young children. Sort of the Apple approach. Less options means less chances to lose interest.

I don't think it really worked for NoA specially since only 1 game requires the n3DS and its a port.

I want to be as happy as the girls in the animal crossing 3DS pictures.
If I were a doctor I would help you. Plenty of prozac for the daytime, ambien at night, and xanax for those "special moments". I can't understand why 8 years of schooling and a mountain of student loan debt are necessary to make these kinds of decisions.

After comparing my launch 3ds screens to the niece's New 3ds XL's other day I doubt I'll ever get an XL. The XL screens looked washed out, colors not near as vibrant, and the screen door effect was terrible. I guess it's good for nintendo that lots of people that got the XL's must not have seen the 3ds beside it or else they'd never bought one.
As somebody who's tried both versions of the system, I can confidently say that you don't have the foggiest idea what you are talking about.

Last edited:
This is a nice looking bundle (it has not been announced in the US yet):
wii-u-super-mario-maker.jpg

There's not much in it, (just the physical game, amiibo, art book, and standard Wii U system stuff) but it looks real nice.

If only they had more used Amiibo available for shipping :(. I would've gotten Mario and Peach, but already have the other 3 opened.
You could buy one you already have used and exchange it for one you need if the gamestops in your area have any pre owned amiibos in stock.

The 50% off applies to all preowned figures so if you want a skylanders or disney infinity you could add them to your 2 amiibos and still get the 50% off.

Has anyone tried the buy 3 preowned figures get 50% at gamestop in store recently? It was supposed to have expired 7/12 or so but it's still live online until 7/26.   

As somebody who's tried both versions of the system, I can confidently say that you don't have the foggiest idea what you are talking about.
The hell I don't, I've tried them both as stated above and even wanted to like the XL better by buying one at one point. If you can't see the difference then that's great for you I suppose. I was hoping the new XL was better but sadly no. The original has spoiled me and I doubt there will be another 3ds with that nice quality of screens since people are ok with the inferior product they are now putting out simply because they don't know any better. Had I not had the best one I might be content with the XL but no way since I tend not to like sacrificing image quality no matter how big the screen is. It's a shame too because the buttons and Dpad feel much better to me on the New XL with that spongy feel like the nes and snes buttons.

This is a nice looking bundle (it has not been announced in the US yet):
wii-u-super-mario-maker.jpg

There's not much in it, (just the physical game, amiibo, art book, and standard Wii U system stuff) but it looks real nice.
I just want the amiibo limited edition bundle (already have the Wii U) but sadly nintendo once again will probably leave the U.S. out of getting it because they seem totally stupid when it comes to marketing anything these days.

Wait what how did it make sense? From what I gathered they wanted the n3DS XL to be for man children, the regular 3DS or regular XL for children and 2DS for very young children. Sort of the Apple approach. Less options means less chances to lose interest.

I don't think it really worked for NoA specially since only 1 game requires the n3DS and its a port.
Nintendo did their research and went with the XL for North America because we like bigger things, allegedly. The smaller N3DS will definitely come here before too long though. I'm guessing just in time for the holidays.

I'm surprised they don't make one of those SNES themed N3DSXLs.  Man those would sell like hotcakes.  I know it would get me to buy one even though I don't really care about owning a N3DS yet. 

People were ravenous for those 20th anniversary Playstations.  Too bad they didn't get the NES themed 3DSxl right. Sales from that are probably deterring Nintendo from making other retro versions like SNES.

and for the record, the Monster Hunter N3DSxl looks WAAAY nicer than the majroa's mask one if you've seen and used them both in person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back