Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
To be fair Target and Toys R Us last time were as good as you could get from a store....they had limited Robins and what not but thats on Nintendo not the stores
As has been a trillion times before, no, they weren't. It was a very YMMV situation based largely on where you lived. At least Amazon is universal and delivers everywhere in the US.

Dark Pit is going to be easy to get at Best Buy too.
It'll be more easy than say getting a Greninja, Lucario and Meta Knight but you'll still have to be there an hour or two before they open and anyone who arrives by the time the store has opened or after will be out of luck. The stores I went to for those launches already had a line of a dozen people or more out and the stores only got between 4-12 figures.

Anyone going to Nintendo World today that could grab me a Villager or Splatoon amiibo 3 pack? :) :pray:

It'll be more easy than say getting a Greninja, Lucario and Meta Knight but you'll still have to be there an hour or two before they open and anyone who arrives by the time the store has opened or after will be out of luck. The stores I went to for those launches already had a line of a dozen people or more out and the stores only got between 4-12 figures.
Nope, I don't think you even have to wait in line. With those numbers you can just walk in a little after 10:00 am and get one. That's what I am planning to do and I bet online orders will be available for it on release day too.

"This is why you don't put a product like this on an online only seller."

it is still up and available for ordering. What the problem is?
No it doesn't look like it is.

Nope, I don't think you even have to wait in line. With those numbers you can just walk in a little after 10:00 am and get one. That's what I am planning to do and I bet online orders will be available for it on release day too.
There were over 50 people waiting for Greninja at the local TRU. Add in the people waiting at the various Targets there were probably around 100 waiting for amiibo in my town. If history is any indication, BB will probably have under a dozen Dark Pits. But even if they get 50 my odds still don't look good.

"This is why you don't put a product like this on an online only seller."

it is still up and available for ordering. What the problem is?
At the time I wrote that the site was crashing. I have to admit though that they have been available for a good 45 minutes, so as long as you could get to a phone or computer you had a chance to get one, as the crashing was fixed about 5 to 10 minutes in.

I retract my statement. Make all future exclusive Amiibos Amazon's.

There were over 50 people waiting for Greninja at the local TRU. Add in the people waiting at the various Targets there were probably around 100 waiting for amiibo in my town. If history is any indication, BB will probably have under a dozen Dark Pits. But even if they get 50 my odds still don't look good.
Agreed. I fully expect my BB to get a low amount of stock, as usual, and be entirely unorganized (also the norm). For the last wave they walked us to the amiibo area, then let us kill ourselves over them. I was first in line, and I was still lucky to get what I went for.

At the time I wrote that the site was crashing. I have to admit though that they have been available for a good 45 minutes, so as long as you could get to a phone or computer you had a chance to get one, as the crashing was fixed about 5 to 10 minutes in.

If we were talking about any other release I'd say it was handled horribly and was an utterly shitty experience. But yeah compared to other amiibo this was paradise.

How sad is this Nintendo?

but had she been wave 3 would she have had this good of stock? with the recent restock of jigglypuff at target both online and instore its fair to say that Nintendo could have given us this type of stock all along.

No it doesn't look like it is.

That sucks. Where I lived it was easy to get Greninja. Didn't have to really wait inline because they were still available late in the afternoon.

Agreed. I fully expect my BB to get a low amount of stock, as usual, and be entirely unorganized (also the norm). For the last wave they walked us to the amiibo area, then let us kill ourselves over them. I was first in line, and I was still lucky to get what I went for.
That's my biggest "concern". The Target I went to handled Rosalina perfectly, with the Amiibos at customer service, giving out tickets, and two per a customer.

I don't mind waiting in line, but I do not want to wait in line only to still have to fight or get knocked aside by people jumping out of their cars to race to the amiibos.

At least you guys can get Dark Pit release day...I have literally no chance unless I miss work.
They will probably have an online order available too on that day. If not I can head to a 2nd BB and pick one up but I expect Dark Pit to be fairly easy to get for most people.

That's my biggest "concern". The Target I went to handled Rosalina perfectly, with the Amiibos at customer service, giving out tickets, and two per a customer.

I don't mind waiting in line, but I do not want to wait in line only to still have to fight or get knocked aside by people jumping out of their cars to race to the amiibos.
Rosalina was the only exclusive that was super easy to get for me. I got to Target an hour before they opened and was the first person there. By the time they opened there were about 10 people waiting and we all calmly walked to the Electronics section where they had all the amiibo behind the counter. Everyone could buy one of each figure (Bowser was also released that day).

if she's going to be common, I really don't want her. I was hoping I could trade for a splatoon 3 pack, or villager.
While I don't think she'll be a common I really doubt anyone would trade you 3 amiibo for 1 when the Squid amiibo alone goes for like 40+.

Villager... just no. Unless you mean non US.

if she's going to be common, I really don't want her. I was hoping I could trade for a splatoon 3 pack, or villager.
While I don't think she'll be a common I really doubt anyone would trade you 3 amiibo for 1 when the Squid amiibo alone goes for like 40+.

The only figure so far that is common outside of the Mario/Zelda series appears to be Pacman.
i see a lot of toon link's and quite a few sonic's still wondering about. I must have saw 40 peach's at TRU today while looking for a greninja. I did find a jigglypuff and ness today instore! I was very happy to find ness!

Which is probably why there are zero bids on any of the auctions.
I wish. I jokingly went to see "sold" (not just completed) and people are literally actively buying Palutena NA New for $25-$35 despite it ACTIVELY being available at Amazon brand new for 1/2 to 1/3 less. Seriously, how stupid can you be? Open a new tab and checkout!

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_sop=10&_dmd=2&LH_ItemCondition=3&_nkw=palutena%20amiibo&LH_PrefLoc=1&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

I just meant with reprints or imports. I want them for me so I don't care about the resell or box. I heard Nintendo World was supposedly having reprints today but couldn't find anything for sure.

I wish. I jokingly went to see "sold" (not just completed) and people are literally actively buying Palutena NA New for $25-$35 despite it ACTIVELY being available at Amazon brand new for 1/2 to 1/3 less. Seriously, how stupid can you be? Open a new tab and checkout!

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_sop=10&_dmd=2&LH_ItemCondition=3&_nkw=palutena%20amiibo&LH_PrefLoc=1&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684
Oh, gotcha. My bad. Lol.

Rosalina was the only exclusive that was super easy to get for me. I got to Target an hour before they opened and was the first person there. By the time they opened there were about 10 people waiting and we all calmly walked to the Electronics section where they had all the amiibo behind the counter. Everyone could buy one of each figure (Bowser was also released that day).
Rosalina was the worse for me. I got there, 3 nice HS kids and one guy my age were in line. As opening comes, our line turned into a huddle when newly arrive people started breaking the line up. An employee comes to the door, turned us into one line again, and starts to walk us up. Then the people who turned our line into a huddle sprint madly towards the amiibo section. It became a race, and a struggle since once you got to the section the same people were wrestling the amiibo out of your hands. It was horrible. Worse than best buy, where at least people let go or didnt try to grab an amiibo already in your possession.

Wow! DEAD

Possible amazon have 2nd warehouse. Will be up for 2nd round next week same with gold flameslinger while back, lol

All gone at Amazon now. Nothing to see here. Move along.
I suppose now people can go eBay and pay the ridiculous amounts, lol.

All in all though she was probably up for about an hour? Not bad Amazon. I'm sure throwing it up at rush hour for the East coast helped a little.

Thanks CAG for the great time! Gotta admit the 500 error in the beginning made me a little nervous. But after a couple refreshes, Amazon managed to pull through. Still...I'm antsy about the shipping process. Please package her with utmost TLC, Amazon!

I just meant with reprints or imports. I want them for me so I don't care about the resell or box. I heard Nintendo World was supposedly having reprints today but couldn't find anything for sure.
They are, you can easily check their Twitter for that but I highly doubt anyone would make that trade with you for a number of reasons. One because lines at NWT only allow you to buy 2 Amiibo at a time. Depending on the associate they will either tell you to go to the back of the line for a chance to buy more or come back the next day. There's also the fact that since this is summer the lines there get big quick.

My advice? Buy foreign and move on

I think the best thing about this is that Amazon made it known ahead of time when she would be available. An hour is not a long period of time but anyone who is really into these things keeps an eye out for news on them, and had ample notice of when she would be available.

Certainly there will be those who unfortunately could not get to the website, but giving a heads up at least gives a chance to plan ahead.

Completely forgot she was being released today. Got home from work a little before six and then realized, went to Amazon and bought it without any issue. About 30 minutes later I see it's sold out, but yeah, up for at least an hour, all of them should be this way.

Hopefully Dark Pit isn't much worse. Wish they didn't close the Best Buy at West Oaks in Novi, going down to Haggerty is kind of an annoyance but plan on doing it the same way I've done everything else, swinging by on my own time and seeing a plentiful stock.

This is the second Unicornish Amiibo in a row that I've been able to get and then had buyer's remorse shortly after.  I don't resell and open every one I get, but I just don't want Palutena or Pit.  I've never played a game with either of them in it besides Smash and don't use either of them.  I ended up cancelling my Palutena order and have yet to pick up Pit from Walmart.  I should add that I am excited about a lot of Wave 6, but it just doesn't feel the same as it did in the beginning.  Anyone else not feeling the Amiibo fever as much as they were a few months ago?

Well, the best part of this Amazon exclusive (to me) had to be how easy it was to utilize my otherwise stagnant pool GS credit. I'm gonna need some CAG assistance for finding good GS to BB credit movers to prepare for Dark Pit next week haha. Those just don't pop up as often as BB to GS it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back