Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Or maybe they're mad b/c they couldn't get one... since they were too busy packing them?

I finally got mine yesterday. Management used the security cameras to check what happened (based on when it was marked delivered) and saw that USPS left it outside (not even in the vestibule) and then it was picked up by a neighbor (they wouldn't tell me know). Management notified said neighbor and the guy returned it to the office.
Wow, was your packaged open up though?

It is really shocking to me with Splatoons sales that those amiibos aren't readily available. I mean have they ever even recieved a restock.

Well my amazon Palutena USA amiibo just came in. Picked this up more for CAGers on the hunt since I have my JP one. If anyone is interested, link is in sig. =)

Well there is a bonus now that your neighbor knows they can and will find him if he picks up packages that aren't his through video. Not to mention he probably realizes he will be the first one suspected if a package disappears. Wonder if he opened the package and he realizes that he risked arrest and eviction over a toy - if it wasn't opened he might have just picked it up to be helpful and hadn't dropped it off yet.
Wow, was your packaged open up though?
He did open it. When he returned it, the manager asked him why he took something that clearly wasn't his and also why he opened it. He apparently responded with something along the lines of he thought it was suspicious and was going to return it to me once he checked it.

I'd really like to see this video and know who it was, but the manager seems adamant on not letting me see it. I got a little suspicious, thinking maybe it was someone on staff who did it but the manager showed me a printed off a screen cap and covered up the face with a marker- the guy was definitely not someone who worked there, based on his build.

He did open it. When he returned it, the manager asked him why he took something that clearly wasn't his and also why he opened it. He apparently responded with something along the lines of he thought it was suspicious and was going to return it to me once he checked it.

I'd really like to see this video and know who it was, but the manager seems adamant on not letting me see it. I got a little suspicious, thinking maybe it was someone on staff who did it but the manager showed me a printed off a screen cap and covered up the face with a marker- the guy was definitely not someone who worked there, based on his build.
I would report the incident to USPS. They will open an investigation and that neighbor could be liable for civil and criminal penalties as he admitted that it wasn't a mistake and tampered with your mail.

Lol.. He opened it because it seemed suspicious. Sure.

I'd definitely report him/her for opening your mail. And your landlord should evict him.

It is really shocking to me with Splatoons sales that those amiibos aren't readily available. I mean have they ever even recieved a restock.
"N" doesn't work that fast. They are probably just coming to the conclusion that Splatoon has sold well enough, and they are just now likely upping production for the holidays. Just based on Amiibo sales from the holidays of 2014 should have been enough info for them to up this run, but it was a new IP, and "N" can't tell "left" from "right", or "up" from "down", so expecting them to "anticipate" sales and make more of anything is NEVER going to happen.

okay apparently Palutena on Amazon is back ordered. I contacted CS as there was still no eta - my order including a preorder.  I guess those that did a preorder with Palutena might get screwed. 

glad I decided to head to NW last Friday to at least get one there.

EDIT: Amazon CS via chat was actually able to help and split shipment.

I would report the incident to USPS. They will open an investigation and that neighbor could be liable for civil and criminal penalties as he admitted that it wasn't a mistake and tampered with your mail.
Lol.. He opened it because it seemed suspicious. Sure.

I'd definitely report him/her for opening your mail. And your landlord should evict him.
I was gonna let this go but the more I think about, I should probably do something. Odds are, he's gonna try something like this again. I also didn't think about any potential actions management could take against him. I'm gonna bring that up with the manager when I see him.

"N" doesn't work that fast. They are probably just coming to the conclusion that Splatoon has sold well enough, and they are just now likely upping production for the holidays. Just based on Amiibo sales from the holidays of 2014 should have been enough info for them to up this run, but it was a new IP, and "N" can't tell "left" from "right", or "up" from "down", so expecting them to "anticipate" sales and make more of anything is NEVER going to happen.
For some reason in my head splatoon has been out since wave 3 in February. When I read your comment I remembered it came out the last day of may not even two months ago. I'm sure more will come eventually but it is too soon as of now.

Some of you really need to get jobs in production for companies. if you can correctly predict how many units of something to make so that there is no shortage and no overstock you can make a ton of money,

I was gonna let this go but the more I think about, I should probably do something. Odds are, he's gonna try something like this again. I also didn't think about any potential actions management could take against him. I'm gonna bring that up with the manager when I see him.
I would file a complaint with the USPS. He probably has stole other people mail in the past before too. You have evidence and the Postal Service will want to see that video whether the manager likes it or not, he's going to have to turn it over because a federal offensive has occurred.

But I would probably ask to see the video first to see if it is a kid or not. If it is an adult go right ahead and go after him or she.

My Palutena finally came in and it was packed perfectly.  Bravo Amazon.  Sucks that a lot of others are having trouble with theirs.

Dude you have to deal with it. Ain't no such thing as privacy anymore, if they gotta open than you're SOL.

Received dos Palutena Amiibo in excellent condition a day earlier than expected, someone at Amazon was in a good mood when mine got packaged apparently.

Isn't it a federal offense to open someones mail?

Cool, where do you live? I'll come open your mail for you and talk the good shit.
I'm all for privacy but nowadays a lot of agencies are spying everywhere all in the name of "security". The news media Exaggerates so much so they can keep selling Commercials. They figure if people keep watching them they make more money.

Anyone know if Amazon have extras to "refund" because mine has damaged plastic and is pretty badly creased -.-
From my interaction with them, the short answer is No.

Long answer, I was told to return it and receive a refund after they got it. Or return it and put the money towards something on my wishlist rather than have it back on my card. I was essentially told I couldn't get a replacement.

My Palutena came in from Amazon in great condition. Packed in a box with those air packets, but no songs on the packaging or anything.

Then I opened it up and threw the amiibo box out.

Bro the country is becoming communist , if they wanna open up your mail ain't nothing you can do it cause they can list a thousand reasons on why they can open the mail all in the name of " national security ".
I read national wanting the next word to be treasure. Goverment opening mail all in the name of Nicholas Cage.

It was weird today at my target we got a real restock on amiibos for the first time since 5/29.
Of course it was only 4 wario, 4 pacman, 4 bowser(smash), and 4 Mario (super mario series).
I was about to post this, feels like Target hasn't restocked Amiibo since Sheik and Toon Link. Snagged a Wario today.

I would file a complaint with the USPS. He probably has stole other people mail in the past before too. You have evidence and the Postal Service will want to see that video whether the manager likes it or not, he's going to have to turn it over because a federal offensive has occurred.

But I would probably ask to see the video first to see if it is a kid or not. If it is an adult go right ahead and go after him or she.
Nope, it was an adult. Manager showed me the video when I told him I wanted to file a report with the USPS, which after some Googling, he was ok with. He gave me the name and apartment the guy lives in, but would not provide any visual evidence. His reasoning was that he wants to find out what he can do legally. Apparently, there has been quite a few packages missing lately and he thinks this guy is doing it and the video is enough to get the tenant evicted, but he doesn't wanna do anything that could result in a lawsuit. I'll be filing a report tomorrow morning.

Isn't it a federal offense to open someones mail?
I think so but... I really don't wanna make a Federal case out of this.

For some reason in my head splatoon has been out since wave 3 in February. When I read your comment I remembered it came out the last day of may not even two months ago. I'm sure more will come eventually but it is too soon as of now.
Maybe someone can confirm this, but I believe I've read that "N" doesn't have any plans to produce any more of the Splatoon 3 packs. Which that doesn't seem to make much sense, but anytime "N" is involved, nothing can surprise me.

Some of you really need to get jobs in production for companies. if you can correctly predict how many units of something to make so that there is no shortage and no overstock you can make a ton of money,
It's not so much about prediction, but hedging your bets, and making solid production choices based on pre-order information. NoA doesn't sale most thing on their online store, but EU and Japan does. If you get "x" amount of orders, for figure "Y", you produce "z".

Nothing is ever going to be perfect, but it's no surprise to anyone why there are tons of Mario, Luigi, and Princess Peach EVERYWHERE. "N" looks at something like Wii Fit Trainer, and they say, no one is going to want this, and there is the problem. They only looked at these Amiibos as what use they would have in games. It never crossed their minds that there would be a collector's market. This is where market info is key.

I've said it before, but I don't think Iwata, or Nintendo of Japan has internet service, as they constantly state how they didn't know this, or didn't understand that. A quick search of CAG, GameFaqs, or NeoGaf shows all there is to know. Now all of these sites are a small amount of any particular market, but it's easy to get a good idea of who and what is popular and what is selling.

This is where communication is key with retailers. BB, Amazon, GS, or any online retailer can tell "N" any day of the week, what's trending, and what's not. This is why "N" fails constantly, as they seem to NEVER do any do any leg work on products, and just hope and pray for the best. I really don't understand how these guys are still in business, as they seem to communicate by smoke signals in a digital age.

The ONLY reason things like Wii Fit trainer became rare or collectable is because we made it that way. The scalpers started to buy them up because they realized there went a lot of them made so they took advantage of the market.

Nintendo would have been stupid to print any where near as many Wii Fit Trainers as there are Marios Links or other actually popular figures.

I mean before these actually released a lot of people on this very site figured they would just be like skylanders and infinity and were just going to wait for sales or for them to hit clearance which is why the first 3 waves were up for MONTHS.

Ofc its always easy to sit there and say what a company should have done after the fact. Hindsight is always 20/20.

It's not about printing as many uncommon as common, but when preorders first opened for wave 1, there was already 3 figures that where rare before they ever shipped. Yes, hindsight is 20/20, but when you look at "N", this happens to them more often than any other company, anywhere. Why is that?

We are not the ones making them anyway. It's 100 OBVIOUS that Nintendo is printing different amounts if each one. 

That is what is making them common/uncommon/rare/unicorn. Not us at all. 

So you think they should have made as many Wii Fit Trainers as Mario?
That is for them to gauge. They obviously took the most popular characters, and made the most of them. Then thought it best to make production numbers based off popularity/recognition.

Once again that is not us making them fall into any category. Nintendo chose the print amounts.

Do you really think the numbers would be different if some people didn't multiple ones. No it would still be the same, and they would still be rare. Not everyone will get the lesser printed ones.

That is for them to gauge. They obviously took the most popular characters, and made the most of them. Then thought it best to make production numbers based off popularity/recognition.

Once again that is not us making them fall into any category. Nintendo chose the print amounts.

Do you really think the numbers would be different if some people didn't multiple ones. No it would still be the same, and they would still be rare. Not everyone will get the lesser printed ones.
Thats the thing though, most of us that are trying to get a full sit just want them because they are rare. If there was equal number of every one of them im sure there are a lot most of us wouldnt even bother getting and just collect the ones we really like.

And if people bought these things because they wanted to use them instead of what most people are doing we wouldn't have this problem. I remember a tonnnn of people were talking trash on amiibo right before SSB came out, I was unsure about them myself until the game came out where I went all in. Hell, I bet a good amount of people who buy these things don't even have a WiiU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back