Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
G&W actually comes with 3 interchangeable figures I believe. So they can be swapped out given the users likes, there won't be separate figures, just the one.
Just to clarify, are you saying you don't believe the G&W amiibo will be sold as a single amigo package, only as part of this 3 pack?

Just to clarify, are you saying you don't believe the G&W amiibo will be sold as a single amigo package, only as part of this 3 pack?
They were saying that the G&W's multiple poses all come with the G&W amiibo. You won't need to buy multiple G&W figures to get all the poses.

They were saying that the G&W's multiple poses all come with the G&W amiibo. You won't need to buy multiple G&W figures to get all the poses.
Actually, my comment was only to say the separate figures are indeed included with the G&W that will be in the 3 pack.

As for the G&W being sold on it's own at retail, I wouldn't be surprised if "N" only offers all 3 of these in this pack(ROB, DH, and G&W), and this pack ONLY! These are probably the 3 least known Amiibos offered, and while older fans know these characters, the masses probably don't. This bundle and the classic Mario are the only ones I'm really interested in actually due to my long history with "N".

I wouldn't be surprised if "N" only offers all 3 of these in this pack(ROB, DH, and G&W), and this pack ONLY! These are probably the 3 least known Amiibos offered, and while older fans know these characters, the masses probably don't.
Everyone knows Duck Hunt! It was a pack in for the home console that started it all! G&W is known as well for being that shitty character from Smash Bros that nobody likes.

Actually, my comment was only to say the separate figures are indeed included with the G&W that will be in the 3 pack.

As for the G&W being sold on it's own at retail, I wouldn't be surprised if "N" only offers all 3 of these in this pack(ROB, DH, and G&W), and this pack ONLY! These are probably the 3 least known Amiibos offered, and while older fans know these characters, the masses probably don't. This bundle and the classic Mario are the only ones I'm really interested in actually due to my long history with "N".
I would buy that for ROB and G&W, but isn't Duck Hunt something of a cultural icon?

I mean I know people who don't know who Link or Samus are who remember Duck Hunt.

Last edited:
Yeah, there are tons of people who know these characters for sure, but I'm trying to think like "N", and I could see them thinking that these characters aren't super popular in regards to merchandising. My son is 9, and is the current "N" player in my house, and he only knows of these characters through SSB sightings. He has no idea where these games and characters originally started. I may be wrong, but I could really see this 3 pack being the only place these 3 characters are sold(at least here in the states).

I believe they will be available elsewhere but will not be in a triple pack like these. That will make the triple pack highly collectible and a ust have.

I think you guys are overthinking this. I don't think popularity has anything to do with it. They could release an amiibo of pretty much any obscure character and it will sell at this point.

I think you guys are overthinking this. I don't think popularity has anything to do with it. They could release an amiibo of pretty much any obscure character and it will sell at this point.
Very true, but just because something will sale, doesn't mean Nintendo will release it in a way the makes sense. Even if some of these figures are sold separately, I can't see all three being available. I'm sure at least one of these will be unique to this bundle, but time will tell. At least with this bundle coming through GS, there is a good chance it will be reprinted at a later date for those who miss out.

Everyone knows Duck Hunt! It was a pack in for the home console that started it all! G&W is known as well for being that shitty character from Smash Bros that nobody likes.
If that's what you think of G&W I feel sorry for you, I guess you never were graced with the quirky handhelds he starred in. By today's standards its crap but it had many imitators in the 80s and early 90s.

Web in store requires full payment. $5 down is for pick up in store preorders. So I doubt these are web in store.
Vinny, everything that has been said so far points to it not being web in-store. Like it was already said, web in-store requires full payment up front and these are just $5 deposits. They want to avoid the situation from last time.
I wouldn't be sure. Since stores are getting inventory on how many to sell it seems like its in store order. After the mess of the system going down last time I doubt they would do online orders again.
hopes_deleted_futurama.gif

Is there any confirmation how many of the retro 3-pack gamestop will be having per store for the 8/8 event?
Nope. We thought it was 32 per store from the initial announcement. But apparently now each store is going to know their allocation and post it on a flyer in the front window on Friday the night before.

http://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/3fquhf/88_gamestop_event_update_yes_again/

That's the current thread with info surrounding the release. The information is in flux every day.

There are five other SKUs in the system that are currently unavailable which might also be amiibo pre-orders on the same day. They might be Zero Suit Samus, Ganondorf, Dr Mario, Olimar, 8bit mario, Bowser JR.

Has anyone else ordered Dark Pit from Bestbuy.com on 8/31 and has not had it shipped yet?

The only email I've received was from five days ago and just said it's being processed, but I've received nothing else and my cc has not been charged.

I feel a cancellation coming on. :(

Has anyone else ordered Dark Pit from Bestbuy.com on 8/31 and has not had it shipped yet?
The only email I've received was from five days ago and just said it's being processed, but I've received nothing else and my cc has not been charged.
I feel a cancellation coming on. :(
. I am in the same situation. Order has been placed but no shipping. Given the way re stocks have been going, I'm hoping for a cancellation and gift card and pick up up during a restock

I'll camp out this sat & get all pre order as much as possible and i'll pay off full amount. Will deal with other store exclusives freely on release date. Get this ssb out of my way and done with it. At this rate i'll be at the store 2+ hour early. Suck for my weekend

No idea who that is but no way they're as good as Katy Perry though.
Sigh. You failed. There's a joke about Kayne and how he turned you on this Paul McCartney guy.
You'll never write for a late night talk show or a comedic current-events based talk show (even one on NPR!)
Booo Hisss!

Sigh. You failed. There's a joke about Kayne and how he turned you on this Paul McCartney guy.
You'll never write for a late night talk show or a comedic current-events based talk show (even one on NPR!)
Booo Hisss!
Don't know who these people are but no way are they on the same godly level as Justin Bieber.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back