Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
So, will the retro 3 pack be available everywhere, or just GS? Well I figured the classics would only be offered together, so no surprise there.

So, will the retro 3 pack be available everywhere, or just GS? Well I figured the classics would only be offered together, so no surprise there.
Looks like only GS....which sucks since I'm missing it. Yay for paying 30-40$ extra for those 3 because NOA is stupid.

Really hoping its like Best Buy and Dark Pit and ends up on the site for a bit.

Ugh, I wish the retro 3 pack wasn't getting released on a seperate day. I wasn't too worried about my relative securing a pre-order or not since I figured it was better to wait at NWS & get it with the rest of the exclusives anyway. Now I really need to secure that damn pre-order because I'll be on vacation when it releases. Damn it.

I hope GS confirms a set number of stock allocation for pre-order otherwise I'm screwed. My stores didn't put up their stock numbers until an hour before they opened the day of that ness restock.

so it is only 15 bucks a year for the gamestop pro rewards? not bad, but I rarely shop at gamestop, so not sure if it is worth it just for the amiibo preorder thing

Man F... Nintendo. Why onlu a three pack? Marth, Wii Fit trainer and the Villager are just as out there as these character but they're only making a three pack, I can not wait for the Super Smash Amiibo's to be done

I think what I hate most about this decision is that ugly box. Why did they slap the 3 back cards together like this lol?
I really like the Splatoon one, how hard would it have been to just put the three characters together in a color that matched...who the hell designed this lol.

I think what I hate most about this decision is that ugly box. Why did they slap the 3 back cards together like this lol?
I really like the Splatoon one, how hard would it have been to just put the three characters together in a color that matched...who the hell designed this lol.
I don't see a picture of the actual 3-pack box anywhere, what exactly are you referring to?

Low-Res Official Box-Art incoming!!
[attachment=16293:image.jpg][attachment=16293:image.jpg][attachment=16294:image.jpg]

I like the mii fighter box. Not bad at all. Those colors don't clash too much.
Also: I'm actually happy they're releasing those in a 3 pack. I was really hoping for that, otherwise I didn't want them.
I wonder if they'll have a special function to help sell them since I doubt non-collectors will be vying for them..

That's really unfortunate that they chose not to manufacture these amiibos as singles for the NA market.  Not a fan of the aesthetics of the 3-packs in a NiB collection.  I'm really glad I decided to build the EU collection now.

As an out of the box collector, I'm hoping this mean more will go to import these so that way I'll be able to grab one without having to get there insanely early. Right now, plan on getting there 45 minutes early.

Pro or no pro, an hour early is not early enough to get these things. You would know this if you went to preorder last time Gamestop had open preorders. There were lines for preorders.
Always depends on location. I was 2nd in line for Ness and I got there 15 minutes early. Best thing to do is gauge what time to arrive is to talk to the employees of your local store.

Pro or no pro, an hour early is not early enough to get these things. You would know this if you went to preorder last time Gamestop had open preorders. There were lines for preorders.
Sorry if I touched a nerve. Just asking a simple question. When I went to preorder Ness, no line whatsoever. Depended on the area. I'm asking because some reports said pro members could preorder an hour early, and everything has been conflicting.

Why in hells bell are people so uppity in the thread? Or do I just have a target on my head? Last couple times I said anything I've been jumped on. Grow up people.

Always depends on location. I was 2nd in line for Ness and I got there 15 minutes early. Best thing to do is gauge what time to arrive is to talk to the employees of your local store.
Same here. First in line at 15 minutes early.

Silly people always keep making the mistake of going to the busy high traffic stores. I think they do it because they want to see all the other people and then complain about it afterwards.

Sorry if I touched a nerve. Just asking a simple question. When I went to preorder Ness, no line whatsoever. Depended on the area. I'm asking because some reports said pro members could preorder an hour early, and everything has been conflicting.

Why in hells bell are people so uppity in the thread? Or do I just have a target on my head? Last couple times I said anything I've been jumped on. Grow up people.
Welcome to the world of forums.... and humanity in general I guess.

If you have a different experience/opinion from someone else expect to be ridiculed. Today's generation has no respect for others.

But we do have women's rights and no slavery

Last edited:
I avoid the high traffic stores, but there is always a huge line anyway. I just live in a big amiibo hunting area.
Doesn't surprise me, since I also live in a big scalping/collecting area.
I have trouble finding a lot of things around here, scarcity or not..I need to move back home where it's infinitely easier to hunt lol.

Same here. First in line at 15 minutes early.

Silly people always keep making the mistake of going to the busy high traffic stores. I think they do it because they want to see all the other people and then complain about it afterwards.
I went to a fairly out of the way, smallish store. Got there at least a half-hour early and there were already 3 people there I believe. Which doesn't sound like a lot, but when only the first two are able to get an order through after an hour and a half, it's not enough xD

Now this time will be completely different, but it's still a total toss-up; never know how many people have joined the game in your area and will decide to show.

I'm also going to be out of town on Saturday. I called a GameStop in the area I'll be visiting and was told the pre-orders are for in-store pickup only. He specifically said no ship to home will be offered. Well, poop...

You guys think Best Buy will get a Mario Maker Amiibo bundle?
Man, I really hope so. And if not BB, then at least SOMEONE! Just when NOA starts to get on my good side again they go and do something like NOT get us a bundle/CE/etc. like all the other major retailer markets... hate getting the big middle finger from them!

I understand the desire for something more stylish, but I appreciate that they'll match the rest of the SSB series.
Well, all except for the fact that ITS A 3 PACK when every other SSB is a single character box.

I'm really hoping that the single boxes become available in the US later. Watch them see these sell out and say "oh look, they must really like those 3 packs" and then start randomly packaging older amiibo back into 3 packs (pit/dark pit/palutena, pikachu/jiggly/greninja etc. etc.) to really stick it to us NIB collectors!

UPDATE:

I just went by a Gamestop where my good friend is a manager, and he said a few days ago they told him he was getting 64 of the 3 pack for Saturday(his store is decent to high volume), but as of this morning, they said it would be a lot lower, and the 64 ain't happening.

He said it will probably be about 20-30, and it will probably run like the last time they did this by posting the numbers in the window before opening. I'll try and get another update tomorrow and Friday, as I'm sure his info will change several times between now and Saturday. He did say they would open at 9am and that was open to everyone, but that may change to, but doubtful.

He said whatever qty they are allowed, the store staff gets first crack, and whatever is left, is what they post in the window. So I was able to give him my $5 today, and he'll include me before the store opens, so now I don't have to deal with this headache, but I still may try a closer store on Saturday, just in case my son may want this bundle at some point as well.

For any that is interested shulk its available at amiami. 

I cant post a link cause im a newbie sorry xD

UPDATE:

I just went by a Gamestop where my good friend is a manager, and he said a few days ago they told him he was getting 64 of the 3 pack for Saturday(his store is decent to high volume), but as of this morning, they said it would be a lot lower, and the 64 ain't happening.

He said it will probably be about 20-30, and it will probably run like the last time they did this by posting the numbers in the window before opening. I'll try and get another update tomorrow and Friday, as I'm sure his info will change several times between now and Saturday. He did say they would open at 9am and that was open to everyone, but that may change to, but doubtful.

He said whatever qty they are allowed, the store staff gets first crack, and whatever is left, is what they post in the window. So I was able to give him my $5 today, and he'll include me before the store opens, so now I don't have to deal with this headache, but I still may try a closer store on Saturday, just in case my son may want this bundle at some point as well.
So, not only is the manager breaching policy by allowing his employees to preorder before the public, but he has allowed you and who knows how many other "friends" to do so. That's pretty crappy.

So, not only is the manager breaching policy by allowing his employees to preorder before the public, but he has allowed you and who knows how many other "friends" to do so. That's pretty crappy.
First off, he's not breaching anything. They are allowed by company policy to order before they open to the public. Secondly, it's doubtful he will have less qty, then he has customers in line on Saturday, so all he is doing is saving me gas and time.

Which as a "friend", I would do for him as well. I'm sorry you have no one to help you out, but I'm not sorry for getting a benefit from someone I've known for years. He is the only reason I still even deal with GS, as he has always treated me well, and I have done the same for him by shopping at his store when I need stuff from GS(and I have 10 shops closer than his), and I also always do the customer surveys on the receipt, which is also a big deal for his store.

Actually it is against gamestop policy. Employees dont get special treatment and are suppose to wait inline on their day off like any other customer.

Oh well, he told me whomever was working that morning was allowed to place an order. He is the manager, so I guess at the end of the day, it's within his discretion to do what he wants. That's what he told me, and I have no reason to say he's lying, and if it's company policy, and he want to go against that, for his staff, good for him.

Oh well, he told me whomever was working that morning was allowed to place an order. He is the manager, so I guess at the end of the day, it's within his discretion to do what he wants. That's what he told me, and I have no reason to say he's lying, and if it's company policy, and he want to go against that, for his staff, good for him.
You're from Vegas right? Can you pm me the store so I can avoid it?

My nephew and I were in gamestop yesterday as well as walmart and the amiibo thing truly is a joke. Same old figures nothing new (except pac-man at gamestop which has been there last couple of times I went) We were talking about how ridiculous nintendo has become with the marketing of these things. I was showing him how the gamecube smash controllers were there but still no 4 player adapters which is really stupid if you think about it. Nintendo is pulling the same stunts they did back in the late 80's early 90's to try to drive demand by shortening supply. I guess it's working pretty decent for them overall because I'd imagine most people would not want amiibo if they were abundant. It's just human nature to want what is hard to get especially when it's something that others want as well. Kudos to nintendo for this strategy working for them from a financial standpoint but 2 big thumbs down to them for screwing so many out of being able to get a product they really want. I guess it's a delicate balancing act to keep enough of these out to have the awareness up but not enough to supply the demand. 

You're from Vegas right? Can you pm me the store so I can avoid it?
Damn, are you guys serious? Boy, there's a bunch of butt hurt around here over nothing. I got a favor from a friend, and all hell breaks loose. Maybe instead of sitting around being negative on the internet, you should actually make some friends, someone who may actually help you out in life at some point, but I doubt that would ever happen, as no one want's to be friends with negative trolls. LOL

Damn, are you guys serious? Boy, there's a bunch of butt hurt around here over nothing. I got a favor from a friend, and all hell breaks loose. Maybe instead of sitting around being negative on the internet, you should actually make some friends, someone who may actually help you out in life at some point, but I doubt that would ever happen, as no one want's to be friends with negative trolls. LOL
I won't be able to make it till around 9. Thats actually really nice of him. I'm just curious so I won't miss out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back