Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Now this..... this was a stupid thing for anybody to believe. That the stores would open early but only let PUR members make a pre-order? GS has done some stupid shit but they've never refused to sell a pre-order to somebody just because they lacked PUR before.

Gamestop isn't Nintendo. They don't turn away money.

Now who's foolish?
This is a joke right? They are gonna sell out anyway, why not make an extra $15 per person? They won't refuse your money, they just won't take it an hour early if you don't pay $15.

He's also a liar who claimed his local Best Buy only received five Dark Pits and yet when I asked him to provide me with the store number so I could confirm that he wasn't just engaged in his usual anti Nintendo trolling, he refused.
Actually I pointed you to that reddit that provided you evidence of several stores that received 5 or less, even gave you the city/state of one. I did everything but post the phone number of that store for you directly. I wasn't the only one here who provided that either.

We both know you had no intention of following up on any of the information I gave you, if you had you would've spent 5 seconds on Google and got the number. So why not just back off?

Last edited:
Oh and supposedly the Pro membership getting you in an hour early isn't true. Just spoke with a bunch of gamestops in my area who said they're opening up an hour early, and that this is a chain-wide thing. The original part about the Pro membership being needed was a miscommunication from corporate and not all stores are caught up on the facts just yet.

They also said the stock is pretty sizeable and that they're not allowed to say the numbers yet (but will be posting them the night before on the store), but that you can probably walk in an hour after opening and still get one.
I certainly hope this is true!

Actually I provided you proof of several stores that recieved 5 or less, even gave you the city/state of one. I did everything but post the phone number for you directly. We both know you had no intention of following up on any of the information I gave you so why not just back off?
I actually did and still do have the intent of following up. Give me the specific store number of the store whose manager you claimed to have spoken with. Given how many CAGs are here, I can virtually guarantee that one or more of them was at that store and will prove that you made the whole thing up to support your general anti-Nintendo sentiments.

I actually did and still do have the intent of following up. Give me the specific store number of the store whose manager you claimed to have spoken with. Given how many CAGs are here, I can virtually guarantee that one or more of them was at that store and will prove that you made the whole thing up to support your general anti-Nintendo sentiments.
I already told you I'm not giving you my friend's cellphone number. I'm willing to bet if I had used "he" instead of "she" when I told my little story you wouldn't even care.

I don't know the store number, even if I did I refuse to tell you where I shop. I don't know if you know this slick but that's pretty damn creepy. I gave you another city/state though where stock was less than 5 and there were only 1 or 2 Best Buys there. Would've taken you 5 minutes tops to search for their BB if you weren't lying about following up.

I've already played more of your stupid little harassment game than I ever intended, so I'm done. Don't bug me again.

Last edited:
He's also a liar who claimed his local Best Buy only received five Dark Pits and yet when I asked him to provide me with the store number so I could confirm that he wasn't just engaged in his usual anti Nintendo trolling, he refused.

You felt the need to do all that? That's like.... Really really sad.

I can see this being an unintended benefit of pro, however I do not have time to learn the market of flipping games.
I don't have the time either, I let some other great people here do the work to tell me what games to flip. You being on the forum is the hardest amount of work you need to do lol.

dude you're insane. why would you bother fact checking a random stranger on an internet forum about amiibos to win an argument. it blows my mind it is that important to you.

Still haven't provided a source for squid amiibo being sold individually in NA...
Well, that's news to me since I have 0 interest in Splatoon Amiibo and, aside from discussing how it's nothing more than Day 1 DLC locked behind a $35 paywall, and maybe a comment or two about how well stocked they were compared to the SSB amiibo I actually wanted, I haven't mentioned them once. You sure that was me?

Edit: Nevermind lol

Last edited:
Well, that's news to me since I have 0 interest in Splatoon Amiibo and, aside from discussing how it's nothing more than Day 1 DLC locked behind a $35 paywall, and maybe a comment or two about how well stocked they were compared to the SSB amiibo I actually wanted, I haven't mentioned them once. You sure that was me?

Edit: Nevermind lol
My bad. So much arguing going on I mixed it up.

I already told you I'm not giving you my friend's cellphone number. I'm willing to bet if I had used "he" instead of "she" when I told my little story you wouldn't even care.

I don't know the store number, even if I did I refuse to tell you where I shop. I don't know if you know this slick but that's pretty damn creepy. I gave you another city/state though where stock was less than 5 and there were only 1 or 2 Best Buys there. Would've taken you 5 minutes tops to search for their BB if you weren't lying about following up.

I've already played more of your stupid little harassment game than I ever intended, so I'm done. Don't bug me again.
I never asked for your "friend's" cell phone number. All I asked for is the store number (as in the store ID number) and/or address. You claimed a specific store manager at a store told you they were only getting five and that they were expecting a near riot as a result. You also used the alleged information to rant about how terrible Nintendo is. I have no interest in where you shop. I do, however, have an interest in exposing you as a liar so we can be done with your ridiculous rants once and for all. The fact that you keep refusing to provide this information simply shows that you know you have been caught in a lie and rather than admitting it, you are using distraction tactics and false arguments about privacy to cover it up. Pretty sad for an allegedly independently wealthy retired older gentleman such as yourself.

I never asked for your "friend's" cell phone number. All I asked for is the store number (as in the store ID number) and/or address. You claimed a specific store manager at a store told you they were only getting five and that they were expecting a near riot as a result. You also used the alleged information to rant about how terrible Nintendo is. I have no interest in where you shop. I do, however, have an interest in exposing you as a liar so we can be done with your ridiculous rants once and for all. The fact that you keep refusing to provide this information simply shows that you know you have been caught in a lie and rather than admitting it, you are using distraction tactics and false arguments about privacy to cover it up. Pretty sad for an allegedly independently wealthy retired older gentleman such as yourself.
I admit, you are good. You keep luring me back in. This is it for reals though.

As I've said several times already, I've already given you a a city/state store that I know got less than 5 based on discussions on Reddit..... that is a store in addition to the one my friend runs. Said city only had 1 or 2 Best Buys in it. You chose not to look it up and call because you only seem interested in finding the exact store my friend works at, and you only started asking when I mentioned that she felt threatened after a few of the people in line started calling her c*cks*ck*r and c*nt.

And seriously, dont be an ass, I'm not that old. Insulting my age isn't going to get you what you want.

Last edited:
Not sure what everyone else store is doing but my local stores manager (who I'm good friends with) said the store will open and sell the preorders to PUR PRO members only. After the hour anyone can preorders. Different stores seem to be doing things either or.

Trakan and htz need to come into this thread and just clean house (with bans).

---

I've got two Gamestop's picked out for Saturday.  They are within five minutes of each other.  I don't have PRO membership, but it's sounding like that's not needed for the early hour.  If it is, maybe they'd just let me buy PRO on the spot.  I have always been curious to see if that magazine was any good.  (I love gaming magazines.)

As I've said several times already, I've already given you a a city/state store that I know got less than 5 based on discussions on Reddit..... that is a store in addition to the one my friend runs. Said city only had 1 or 2 Best Buys in it. You chose not to look it up and call because you only seem interested in finding the exact store my friend works at, and you only started asking when I mentioned that she felt threatened after a few of the people in line started calling her c*cks*ck*r and c*nt.

And seriously, dont be an ass, I'm not that old. Insulting my age isn't going to get you what you want.
Here's the thing. Although people were posting on Reddit about some stores only receiving 5, the subsequent posts I have seen indicated that those were either inventory errors or because of slight shipment delays. I have yet to see anyone come out and say that they actually showed up to a store and that store only had five on the release date. While anything is possible and I am happy to concede that some stores may have received five or even less than that, it does nothing to prove that the store you were ranting about actually only received five. The way to prove that is to simply provide the store information I requested and I can throw it out there to the community so someone that was actually there can confirm or deny it. I think the reality is that you know the phone call never happened and that the store you are talking about received far more than five, but rather than admit your lie, you're keeping it going to support your false narrative about Nintendo.

No mention of exclusivity on the 3-pack.
Im not 100% sure but in the official link posted, the "O" in retro says "gamestop exclusive". That doesnt mean they wont get an individual release. We will just have to wait to see but if you want these three amiibo better to be safe than sorry. Its only 5 down and if news comes out that they are selling individually you can go in and cancel it.

Im not 100% sure but in the official link posted, the "O" in retro says "gamestop exclusive". That doesnt mean they wont get an individual release. We will just have to wait to see but if you want these three amiibo better to be safe than sorry. Its only 5 down and if news comes out that they are selling individually you can go in and cancel it.
Nintendo has already said they will be exclusive to the triple pack.

I have a hard time believing a bunch of random customers would call a Best Buy manager a *bleep* just because there were more people in line than what the store had on hand to sell. Since you haven't listed which store was part of the story, it's not possible to specifically verify this. However, every store I've been to locally has used a ticket system before store opening to ensure people were not waiting in line for no reason. If anything, generally speaking Dark Pit is easier to acquire than Meta Knight was on launch day.

Nintendo has already said they will be exclusive to the triple pack.
That is what I was afraid of. The rumored Nintendo Store being the only way to get these individual by completing retro game challenges (minus the bubble pack, figures loose in plastic baggies) don't help me any so I just have to decide if I want R.O.B. bad enough to buy the triple pack. I like the other 2 but not sure I want to spend nearly $40 bones for 3 amiibo right now considering all the great games coming out soon. My wallet is squeezed enough as it is I can't let these amiibo choke it to death.

That is what I was afraid of. The rumored Nintendo Store being the only way to get these individual by completing retro game challenges (minus the bubble pack, figures loose in plastic baggies) don't help me any so I just have to decide if I want R.O.B. bad enough to buy the triple pack. I like the other 2 but not sure I want to spend nearly $40 bones for 3 amiibo right now considering all the great games coming out soon. My wallet is squeezed enough as it is I can't let these amiibo choke it to death.
Here we go again. Just need Rcerboss to rant about this to repeat the past couple of pages.

Trakan and htz need to come into this thread and just clean house (with bans).

---

I've got two Gamestop's picked out for Saturday. They are within five minutes of each other. I don't have PRO membership, but it's sounding like that's not needed for the early hour. If it is, maybe they'd just let me buy PRO on the spot. I have always been curious to see if that magazine was any good. (I love gaming magazines.)
I have PRO, and the magazine is so eh that I forget it's even a perk.

It comes in, I flip through it lightly, and recycle unless I save it for someone.

I have a hard time believing a bunch of random customers would call a Best Buy manager a *bleep* just because there were more people in line than what the store had on hand to sell. Since you haven't listed which store was part of the story, it's not possible to specifically verify this. However, every store I've been to locally has used a ticket system before store opening to ensure people were not waiting in line for no reason. If anything, generally speaking Dark Pit is easier to acquire than Meta Knight was on launch day.
All she told me was that a few were angry and calling her those words I bleeped out when she told them she only had 5, and that she was worried they might start a riot or try to hurt her. I don't know how many a few was but based on some of the people I've met and seen posting online, including on this site, I can totally believe a few people would threaten her over their $13 plastic display piece.

I know she didn't use a ticket system though I read others stores had. And there's no denying it was better stocked than Meta Knight; to this day I haven't seen a Meta Knight anywhere near me but I was able to snag Dark Pit when it was put online.

....though to be fair some asshole had set up an ad in our town on Craigslist advertising he has 8 Meta Knight to trade and asking for a whole laundry list of amiibos he wants to trade for, so it's really no mystery why I didn't get one :whistle2:?

I can't believe that I related this one story that caused so much angst and whining for certain users on here; I thought sharing our amiibo trials and tribulations with the community was part of the fun but apparently that doesn't apply if the experience wasn't a good one.

Here we go again. Just need Rcerboss to rant about this to repeat the past couple of pages.
Sure, I can do that.

This can't be fucking serious. It's not like amiibo weren't fucking hard enough to buy, but now they have the audacity to make us complete these challenges before we are allowed the privilege of giving them our money?

If this is true..... the sheer arrogance behind it..... fuck.

I guess they have enough fans worshipping them that they believe they are a deity themselves now and that their products are too good for any commoner to have.

fuck you Nintendo. That's all I can say.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back