Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
I need to call my store tomorrow since they don't know if they are opening at 9. I assume they will, so I'm going to show up around a little before 8. This crap is too stressful honestly. I'd much rather import and be done with it.
If they are anything like Best Buy they will also go on sale on bestbuy.com around the same time they sell out at retail locations.

At least I'm hoping for that to happen since that's my only shot at an NA set.

If they are anything like Best Buy they will also go on sale on bestbuy.com around the same time they sell out at retail locations.

At least I'm hoping for that to happen since that's my only shot at an NA set.
I don't remember but I dont think they went up on gamestop.com the day they releases. I could be wrong though.

Making sure Friday night my 3DS is fully charged.  Getting up early and grabbing some unhealthy McDonald's or Taco Bell breakfast.  Going to be at my local GameStop before they open.  Will eat food and play Smash 3DS while I wait.  If I somehow miss out I'll just import like I always do.

Making sure Friday night my 3DS is fully charged. Getting up early and grabbing some unhealthy McDonald's or Taco Bell breakfast. Going to be at my local GameStop before they open. Will eat food and play Smash 3DS while I wait. If I somehow miss out I'll just import like I always do.
Lmao

I don't remember but I dont think they went up on gamestop.com the day they releases. I could be wrong though.
Yeah, they were up on bestbuy.com later that Friday afternoon.

A friend of mine was driving an hour away to get one, he failed as they sold out right before he got there. At the very same time I was paying for it online.

You know spoonman does!!!
Do I discriminate against disabled people by refusing to sell certain items online as they normally do and forcing them to wait in line for hours?

No.

I'm changing my stance to "they are discriminating against evolution".
It's backasswards to refuse to sell products via the internet in 2015 just because they have no idea how to do exactly what Amazon is doing; Announce the selling time ahead of time to those who signed up, Limit 1 per account, have enough stock to sell for more than an hour = everyone is happy and there was no need to wait in a line for hours...

Is anyone out there still waiting for their Best Buy Dark Pit order to ship? Mine is STILL stuck processing.
I contacted them today and they said It's being processed and is on schedule to ship out on the 12th. They couldn't tell me why it's taking so long. I was just happy they didn't tell me it was canceled. Now I only have to worry about it showing up damage since Best Buy has a bad track record with getting my merchandise here in decent shape.

Yeah, they were up on bestbuy.com later that Friday afternoon.

A friend of mine was driving an hour away to get one, he failed as they sold out right before he got there. At the very same time I was paying for it online.

Do I discriminate against disabled people by refusing to sell certain items online as they normally do and forcing them to wait in line for hours?

No.

It's backasswards to refuse to sell products via the internet in 2015 just because they have no idea how to do exactly what Amazon is doing; Announce the selling time ahead of time to those who signed up, Limit 1 per account, have enough stock to sell for more than an hour = everyone is happy and there was no need to wait in a line for hours...
I was talking about Wave 4 at gamestop not Dark Pit at best buy.

As far as Amazon goes, Amazon doesn't have any retail stores to worry about sending product too nor do they have to care about getting foot traffic by sending product to stores.

Please we saw what happened last time Gamestop did Amiibo as online only. It wasnt pretty.

I was talking about Wave 4 at gamestop not Dark Pit at best buy.

As far as Amazon goes, Amazon doesn't have any retail stores to worry about sending product too nor do they have to care about getting foot traffic by sending product to stores.

Please we saw what happened last time Gamestop did Amiibo as online only. It wasnt pretty.
Sorry, my bad. I was thinking of Best Buy's Dark Pit launch.

I wonder how many people waiting to buy Amiibos will actually cruise around the store after getting their prized Amiibo. Most people just seem to hit the register then off to their car.

Amiibo purchases don't really seem to relate to MSTs. Most online stores bump up their MSTs by offering "Free Shipping with purchase of $35 or more".

Exactly, it wasn't pretty because GameStop didn't handle it with intelligence. Amazon's Palutena release was very smooth, except for a few server time outs. Everyone I know who wanted one was able to buy them during that time period.

My online order for Dark Pit from Bestbuy has still not shipped yet either for what its worth.

However, on a better note, my japan import order for all 3 yarn yoshi's as well as bowser jr, dr mario, and olimar have shipped today and should be in my hands mid to late next week. Will post pics when they arrive !

If my local Gamestop is anything like the Wave 4 pre-orders, I should get a retro pack just fine. Even when the servers had been down for over 30 minutes there were at most 20 people in line. I probably don't need to get there super early, but still going to show up and wait for an hour. 

No.

You can just shut the fuck up RIGHT NOW about your discrimination stance. As a white woman in this country, I have barely anything to worry about in terms of discrimination but we all know the challenges woman face in terms of promotions, raises, pay, perception from others etc. I'm 32 weeks pregnant and I have to pee - a lot. I was walking out of the bathroom the other day and two people were complaining about me behind my back about how much I pee (why they chose the bathroom to discuss this, I don't know...I really do go a lot so they should know I'd likely be there). I've never done anything to harm another soul and they felt the need to point out an embarrassing thing I struggled with even before pregnancy, which has gotten way worse. I don't want to pee...do they think they like the fact that pee slips out when I sneeze, or for no reason at all? It's uncomfortable.

Do I tell on them at this point? I have a male supervisor and I know he really won't understand. I also run the stance of looking like a 'bitch' for saying something. My job posts the amount of "courtesy time" we use for everyone to see (which is strictly for the bathroom for me). It's embarrassing to always be on the top of this list and I feel pressured to hold it or even pee my pants on occasion.

You can turn on the news and find that there's way worse discrimination versus my dilemma though. The fact that a work injury prevented you from obtaining a collectable toy at retail price is NOT discrimination. Best Buy doesn't think "hey, let's sell these in-stores so disabled people can't get them." Their motives for selling Dark Pit in-store (or announcing that they would only be in-store) may or may not be best business practices, but it sure as hell is not discrimination and it's "A HUGE MIDDLE FINGER" to those who actually face real discrimination for you to say that it is.

I'm 32 weeks pregnant and I have to pee - a lot. I was walking out of the bathroom the other day and two people were complaining about me behind my back about how much I pee (why they chose the bathroom to discuss this, I don't know...I really do go a lot so they should know I'd likely be there). I've never done anything to harm another soul and they felt the need to point out an embarrassing thing I struggled with even before pregnancy, which has gotten way worse. I don't want to pee...do they think they like the fact that pee slips out when I sneeze, or for no reason at all? It's uncomfortable.

Do I tell on them at this point? I have a male supervisor and I know he really won't understand. I also run the stance of looking like a 'bitch' for saying something. My job posts the amount of "courtesy time" we use for everyone to see (which is strictly for the bathroom for me). It's embarrassing to always be on the top of this list and I feel pressured to hold it or even pee my pants on occasion.
My stars, I can't even imagine being pregnant on top of overactive bladder problems. Blood pressure meds are bad enough. At least you have the stuffing to admit your drawback. It's already an embarrassing condition to have at work, and they feel the need to post personal restroom time on the wall?!

It ticked me off when people used the restroom excuse to take 10-15 minute smoke breaks at the deli where I worked. I mean, really? I can smell ya, you know. Use your 15 for that or call it what it is, fools. Or at least have the decency to wash your hands since we are working with food. As embarrassing as it is to admit, if I'm heading to the restroom, you can bet I'm actually using it. *facepalm*

I may visit the restroom more than most, but I am more than productive enough to make up for my deficiency. And my coworkers know it well. They better stop goofing off during their shift, before they'd have room to complain about my restroom needs.

Called my GS, my buddy there said he would ask his manager later if they could do a preorder swap for me since I'm melting at Didney Worl.

Hope its possible, I get the feeling this wave will be stupidly expensive via Amazon.

You can just shut the fuck up RIGHT NOW about your discrimination stance. As a white woman in this country, I have barely anything to worry about in terms of discrimination but we all know the challenges woman face in terms of promotions, raises, pay, perception from others etc. I'm 32 weeks pregnant and I have to pee - a lot. I was walking out of the bathroom the other day and two people were complaining about me behind my back about how much I pee (why they chose the bathroom to discuss this, I don't know...I really do go a lot so they should know I'd likely be there). I've never done anything to harm another soul and they felt the need to point out an embarrassing thing I struggled with even before pregnancy, which has gotten way worse. I don't want to pee...do they think they like the fact that pee slips out when I sneeze, or for no reason at all? It's uncomfortable.
You can turn on the news and find that there's way worse discrimination versus my dilemma though. The fact that a work injury prevented you from obtaining a collectable toy at retail price is NOT discrimination. Best Buy doesn't think "hey, let's sell these in-stores so disabled people can't get them." Their motives for selling Dark Pit in-store (or announcing that they would only be in-store) may or may not be best business practices, but it sure as hell is not discrimination and it's "A HUGE MIDDLE FINGER" to those who actually face real discrimination for you to say that it is.
Wow!!! I'm a Regional HR Manager and I have my JD. You are being discriminated against I would argue you are in a hostile work environment. Pregnancy discrimination is illegal. Sorry that you are dealing with that and I hope that you have a easy delivery and an amiibo loving baby.

Wow!!! I'm a Regional HR Manager and I have my JD. You are being discriminated against I would argue you are in a hostile work environment. Pregnancy discrimination is illegal. Sorry that you are dealing with that and I hope that you have a easy delivery and an amiibo loving baby.
litepink, I feel your pain as well. My wife went through similar issues years ago when she was pregnant with our son. As stated above, I thought she was being discriminated against as well. What made it even worse, was that many of her supervisor where woman. Ultimately people are scum at times, and can't or won't sympathize with their fellow man/woman.

At the end of the day, it wasn't worth a law suit or filling a formal complaint, and she just toughed it out and dealt with the BS. Cases like this are very open to interpretation, and depending on who's viewing the facts, it can be perceived either way. This among other reason I won't go in to here, was why we opted to have no more kids, as the possibilities of dealing with this again was more than either of us wanted to deal with.

Sadly, we can't control others, but we can control how we look at situations and how we treat other people, and things like this just make us better humans in the end.

My stars, I can't even imagine being pregnant on top of overactive bladder problems. Blood pressure meds are bad enough. At least you have the stuffing to admit your drawback. It's already an embarrassing condition to have at work, and they feel the need to post personal restroom time on the wall?!
It's pretty common to have issues like that, my wife had to go very frequently for both of ours. The OB just said there isn't much room in there for everything with the baby, so the bladder gets pushed into a smaller space. The problem is people really don't understand what is involved. Not to mention at 32 weeks, she is just getting ready to go into the "miserable" part of pregnancy, and at a pretty bad time of year (August heat sucks for very pregnant women). I hate that she has to go through that crap, but take solace in the fact that when it is their turn to have a kid they will be completely aware of their insensitivity (I know it made me much more aware of the challenges).

I don't know that I'd turn it into a big issue at work unless you really don't care about the job (in which case I'd stay till birth anyways and collect any paid leave you can get). But, I would make them aware in some subtle way that you heard them and don't appreciate it. Maybe in front of them announce you have to go to the bathroom because that little one is pushing on your bladder again and don't want to leave a puddle.

Talk to your HR rep and file a compliant. No reason to put up with clowns talking shit.

It's pretty common to have issues like that, my wife had to go very frequently for both of ours. The OB just said there isn't much room in there for everything with the baby, so the bladder gets pushed into a smaller space. The problem is people really don't understand what is involved. Not to mention at 32 weeks, she is just getting ready to go into the "miserable" part of pregnancy, and at a pretty bad time of year (August heat sucks for very pregnant women). I hate that she has to go through that crap, but take solace in the fact that when it is their turn to have a kid they will be completely aware of their insensitivity (I know it made me much more aware of the challenges).
I freely admit I don't have what it takes to deal with pregnancy or child rearing. So I'm in no hurry to get pregnant, trust me. But from all those who have been once upon a time, I've heard the trials are worth it.

Still...I'm not looking forward to exacerbating my current conditions lol. Definitely more power to those who struggle to create the next generation.

I'm thinking we need to hold a CAG contest for this event.

Essentially everyone submits their best photo of neck beards standing in line waiting for amiibo on 8/8 and who's ever photo shows the highest concentration of neck beard losers wins a free wooly yohsi courtesy of cheap ass gamer.  Kind of like CAG's way of saying we are truly sorry that you must deal with that type of riff raff in your neck of the woods.   Thoughts?  If there is high enough interest I can run the idea by cheapyD and we can go from there.

Will the 3 pack pre order be for am in store pick up, or can it be shipped? I'll be out of town Saturday so if I can get it shipped I might goto a GameStop where I'll be at.

Why are you so upset? Lol it's the internet...

You can just shut the fu ck up RIGHT NOW about your discrimination stance. As a white woman in this country, I have barely anything to worry about in terms of discrimination but we all know the challenges woman face in terms of promotions, raises, pay, perception from others etc. I'm 32 weeks pregnant and I have to pee - a lot. I was walking out of the bathroom the other day and two people were complaining about me behind my back about how much I pee (why they chose the bathroom to discuss this, I don't know...I really do go a lot so they should know I'd likely be there). I've never done anything to harm another soul and they felt the need to point out an embarrassing thing I struggled with even before pregnancy, which has gotten way worse. I don't want to pee...do they think they like the fact that pee slips out when I sneeze, or for no reason at all? It's uncomfortable.

Wow...really? I have to s-p-e-l-l this out yet again?
What I am saying is that it's silly for these stores to sell IN STORE ONLY AND NOT ONLINE TO MAKE it easier for disabled people (and baby mama's) to buy them. Waiting in line to buy something is unnecessary when they could just as easily sell online, as most stores do.

Discrimination because they (Best Buy) said "We are making it easier for everyone to buy Amiibos by selling them only at retail locations". Well that of course is not true for people who are unable to make it to a retail location.

I'm done explaining myself here.

I'm sorry you have to deal with assholes, but can you please not tell me to shut the fuc k up? Thank you kindly.

And for the record I have had 5 spinal surgeries over the past 15 years due to an accident and its left me with chronic back/leg/neck pain that even morphine can't touch.

"Why don't you wait in line in a wheelchair like the rest of the disableds?!"
Because my worker's comp insurance deemed me capable of walking, sitting, and standing for at least 10 minutes so they won't cover this.
I have fought them for basic medical care for 15 years. So please don't tell me I don't know discrimination.

I don't expect anyone to understand how hard it is to even get out of bed or even care for that matter. I've been trying to enjoy the things I used to such as video games and other related hobbies and I do what I can from my home.

I really don't understand why everyone keeps attacking fellow gamers who are passionate about collecting and have similar interests here. It's rather immature.

This will likely be my last post here.

Yeah i never took spoon as ranting levels of discrimination. It's that certain processes can indirectly discriminate even though that was not the intention. So uh yeah.

I'm really disappointed on the charting of "personal" time, but I guess for some industries every second counts.  I do think it's a really bitchy, passive-aggressive way of doing things. It makes the Konami method they employed of public shaming after lengthy restroom breaks seem better.

I would prefer either positive recognition for people who keep time to a minimum, or a sarcastic fanfare and a little plastic toilet trophy every time I spend 15 minutes grinding out a stink biscuit.

Eh, right.  On topic...how about a Loggo amiibo, from Banjo-Kazooie?  Maybe Nintendo played their cards right and could license back one or two key characters.

I really love Toys R Us.  Multiple exclusive amiibos and they don't open early.  They release some non exclusive/limited Star Wars figures, every store in the country opens at midnight. 

I really love Toys R Us. Multiple exclusive amiibos and they don't open early. They release some non exclusive/limited Star Wars figures, every store in the country opens at midnight.
I hate them because of the $13.99 amiibo price. I know it's only a buck but it is insulting to me to sell above MSRP.

I called my Gamestop a little while ago to check if they were participating in the Retro 3 Pack.  Was told that yes they were and the store was opening an hour early for Pro members.  WTF?  I thought it had been confirmed that the early opening was for all customers.  I really want Rob and Duck Hunt dog, but I just don't see myself using that Pro card enough even to justify the 15 bucks.  Does it still come with the magazine?

I called my Gamestop a little while ago to check if they were participating in the Retro 3 Pack. Was told that yes they were and the store was opening an hour early for Pro members. WTF? I thought it had been confirmed that the early opening was for all customers. I really want Rob and Duck Hunt dog, but I just don't see myself using that Pro card enough even to justify the 15 bucks. Does it still come with the magazine?
It does still come with the magazine. Also, it appears that stores are being given discretion to extend the hour early to non-PUR members, but at least for my local GS, they are going to let PUR members go to the front of the line and take everyone who isn't a PUR member after.

Come to this thread for the amiibos...stay for the rants about personal awkward social situations affecting particular individuals.

Thanks, CAG! :D/
And people give me shit for my off-topic "rants" about Day 1 DLC and some Nintendo/NOA anti-consumer practices :wall:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back