Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Got mine done already, was a breeze literally, was like 10th in line and my local store got 80.

Thank the heavens that Nintendo is actually putting up with demand.

It really kind of shocks me how many are actually available. Does anyone think there's gonna be a massive purge of preorders come September? Seems too good to be true.

Thank the heavens that Nintendo is actually putting up with demand.
Considering the holidays are right around the corner, there is no excuse not to up qty. Even if they don't sale out day 1, qty will go rather quickly one way or another. If they want to make some good money during Christmas time, they better up their game now, rather than later.

6th in line. Girl is handing out tickets as well. Kudos to GameStop for stopping flippers. Guy rolled up with his son, and said can I get a couple sets? She told him it had to be on separate accounts.

Considering the holidays are right around the corner, there is no excuse not to up qty. Even if they don't sale out day 1, qty will go rather quickly one way or another. If they want to make some good money during Christmas time, they better up their game now, rather than later.
Port strikes resolved also helps

[quote name="Vinny" post="12854690" timestamp="1439038260"]Did they give any of you a release date or release window? [/quote]

According to Nintendo, they come out 9/25.

So I got here at 7:30, and there were 2 people in line. I left and came back at 8:10 and there were still 2 people. When I went in June for Jigglypuff, there were 15 people lined up since 4am and 40+ by the time they opened. What's going on?

Clear Lake Shores store in Kemah, Texas. Number 4 in line for 47 pre-orders. Now this is how it's supposed to be done Nintendo. Just Don't fugg up stocks of ZSS and Olimar and the Mii 3 pack.

So I got here at 7:30, and there were 2 people in line. I left and came back at 8:10 and there were still 2 people. When I went in June for Jigglypuff, there were 15 people lined up since 4am and 40+ by the time they opened. What's going on?
Well, there are so many of the stock many people are probably coming at or after open, the massively increased stock has pushed away "amateur" flippers who were just in for the craze, some people just said fugg it and imported and some people bowed out of the game completely. Many answers to that question bro.

Easiest pre-order yet. I was in and out of the store in 5 minutes. Very happy.

Don't know if it's been asked or confirmed, but do we know if game & watch is going to come with the interchangeable poses? I'm worried he won't have them being in the 3-pack.

Got here at 8:05 and I'm 8th so should be good. Nothing posted on the door but looking on here looks like minimum is 30 something.

Sign says they have 48 available reservations. I'm 11th or 12th in line and I got here 45 minutes before open. Think this guy sleeping here was a little overkill.

Showed up at 8am at my gamestop. Was like fifth in line. By the time the doors were open there were maybe 15 people tops, some of which were just there with their friends and not pre-ordering. Got my pre-order in 2 minutes. My store had 48 available.  I don't think these are going to be hard to get initially.

got there 5 mins before the store opened, was something like 12th in line, they had 32 available. nice and easy. they even had dunkin doughnuts for people until someone realized there was a cockroach in the box. glad I didnt take one.

Pretty easy experience at my GS. Got there about 7:30 and there were 5 people in line, ended up being about 15 when they opened.  Manager let us preorder 2 each so I did an extra.  Out the door in 15 minutes.

Went 2 miles down the road and ordered a 2nd set. I was not disallowed although I used same account. Display of exclusives may look silly with an odd shaped box but we will see in Sept.

Just walked in at 9 am and got a pre order, guy told me they opened at 8 am since there were 30 people camping out

Please continue this flood NoA

Only bad thing is resellers won't pick theirs up if it doesn't go for money thus making Nintendo of America scared and making amiibos scarce again ;)

At least there's only two more waves and dlc left

Local store (with 64) has maybe 30(?) people in line. I intended to get here right around 9:00, but, I must've driven too fast. (I live about 40 miles from this location.)

At least it's perfect weather, and, I can grab some coffee after.

I was not disallowed although I used same account.
Yeah, GS systems can't talk to one another in that way, so you can always beat the "limits" using the same account info at separate stores. Now they may compare info after the fact, and contact you and cancel. I have had that happen in the past, but mainly for very limited system launches. They may or may not bother for something as readily available like this. I'm personally just going to use different accounts just to be safe.

It's great to hear how smoothly this is going. I skipped waking up early, but will swing by my local GS later to see if they're still taking pre-orders. Given that GS seems to be able to easily meet the morning demand, I have a feeling these will pop up online eventually at least in some stupid bundled form, but hopefully by itself.

It's great to hear how smoothly this is going. I skipped waking up early, but will swing by my local GS later to see if they're still taking pre-orders. Given that GS seems to be able to easily meet the morning demand, I have a feeling these will pop up online eventually at least in some stupid bundled form, but hopefully by itself.
They often do items like this alone, and then within bundles. So you may see both, but I'm sure qty's for either will be low, so you'll need to be at the right place at the right time.

Yeah, GS systems can't talk to one another in that way, so you can always beat the "limits" using the same account info at separate stores. Now they may compare info after the fact, and contact you and cancel. I have had that happen in the past, but mainly for very limited system launches. They may or may not bother for something as readily available like this. I'm personally just going to use different accounts just to be safe.
I asked at a second store if the 1/customer limit was per store or company wide. They said per account, so you could order with a different phone #/name. They said dupe names might be cancelled, YMMV

I rolled in 10 minutes after opening. There were two people in line in front of me. Store is receiving 30 retro bundles. I don't think these will be hard to find if you act on the pre order

Resellers got burned by reprints and Wave 4 so they aren't really bothering anymore.

Got there at 8am and was number 5.  And then there were only like 4 or 5 people behind me.  It wasn't even necessary to go out early for this stuff.  I just did it because the dude I spoke to at Gamestop yesterday told me that 6am is recommended to get there and I burst into laughter.  He gave me this look lol.  Queens Blvd. NY Gamestop at 48th st.  There were even people that weren't Gamestop members whatsoever and signing up memberships (free one).

Went to two different gamestops and hit two preorders, one store had no one waiting. Manager stated she was surprised by the lack of customers. I'm happy, got one to use and one for show. Excellent day

I got to my gamestop at 9:05. Figured I would be fine from all the reports of the ease of ordering and amount of pre-orders available. There was one person at the register and the store manager at another computer so he rang me up right away. He made a statement about how much easier this was today than last time. I agreed saying I was here for the Ness preorder. He said they have way more available and I asked how many, but he said he's not supposed to say but said quadruple the amount. I was in and out of the store in under 2 minutes. Which is exactly what I was hoping because I didn't have time to wait in line this morning. Good job learning from your mistakes gamestop!

Love my local GameStop Gateway mall! Only one other person was there waiting and on 9:00 on the dot we entered , the amazing employees helped us and went on my way in a mater of minutes! I expected much worse and was very surprised , the GameStop here is still relatively new so it may have had something to do with it but nonetheless i am very happy today!

BTW you guys should fill out the GameStop employee feedback! We should show them some appreciation for thier hard work!

tumblr_mr2llzgkWe1qd4q8ao1_500.gif

Store was getting 45. I got there at 8:45 and was 4th in line. Only 6 of us by the time it opened. Guessing their pre-order allocation may last at least a couple days. 

4th in line at 8am my GS got 42 and the one in the mall right across the street got 32. Overall, it was a very good experience; waited in line with a bunch of regulars, chatted about amiibos and games and GS employees had us in and out so quick I was home by a quarter after 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back