Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a Costco member so would order this but need confirmation that this is for the bundle..I know it says bundle on the link but it doesnt mention anything about what amiibo it comes with makes me concerned that this is just the game itself

I ordered Costco bundle .. it seem like they charged my VISA card ... and FYI: there is no CANCEL option button on the order edit page.

Just ordered pink and blue yarn yoshi via Amazon 44.80 for both. Costco bundle last night so have all of the amiibo except Mii Fighters. I assume since yarn is so well made they will be a little more expensive than traditional amiibo.

Just ordered pink and blue yarn yoshi via Amazon 44.80 for both. Costco bundle last night so have all of the amiibo except Mii Fighters. I assume since yarn is so well made they will be a little more expensive than traditional amiibo.
Do you have the link from where you bought it? I'm finding the pink one from 40 bucks :(

I ordered Costco bundle .. it seem like they charged my VISA card ... and FYI: there is no CANCEL option button on the order edit page.
It seems, like they charged my card too (didn't see the charge yesterday). Whatever, I guess I'll call customer service, whenever I want to cancel the order. *edit: Don't trip I just got a Costco cancellation email

Anyone read the rumor (as of now) about nintendo possibly going to be make a sort of treasure hunt (think hot wheels) variation of certain amiibo's with a unique colored base plate? I can just see the scalpers taking this thing to a whole other level. 

I just couldn't resist & ordered that pink yarn Yoshi from Amazon for just under $20, but now I'm wondering if I should cancel. American ones might not be that hard to find by the time they're released, and they could well be at $20 or below anyway. Then I could use GCU or PUR points rather than real Amazon money...

Anyone read the rumor (as of now) about nintendo possibly going to be make a sort of treasure hunt (think hot wheels) variation of certain amiibo's with a unique colored base plate? I can just see the scalpers taking this thing to a whole other level.
Sounds awesome. Love discussing rumors origination from 4chan.

Speculation. It hasn't been confirmed, and it was mentioned during E3 treehouse live that we would be getting the bundle.
EDIT: Although, if we don't see it by the end of this week I guess that would pretty much confirm it. Shoulda been up by now.
Ninttndo almost literally waits until the last minute for everything though!
Yeah, this all but makes me think that its going to be a NWS exclusive. That's EXACTLY what they've done the last few times. They wait until the last minute, then announce that its going to be a NWS exclusive and you have to make plans within the week or so to get down there and wait in lines for hours... I'm really tired of that practice, so hopefully I'm wrong here.

Yeah, this all but makes me think that its going to be a NWS exclusive. That's EXACTLY what they've done the last few times. They wait until the last minute, then announce that its going to be a NWS exclusive and you have to make plans within the week or so to get down there and wait in lines for hours... I'm really tired of that practice, so hopefully I'm wrong here.
This is exactly what I'm thinking. While my plans are already to go there that day, I still find it completely unfair to fans.
To be honest though, this bundle wouldn't be nearly as unfair as their other NWS exclusive bundles. All you would be missing is the box (which sucks, but it's way better than having a NWS exclusive amiibo).

Time will tell I guess. Here's hoping they're just bidding their time for no real reason.

Probably rumor ....Mario Themed Hot Wheels are coming out , Guess some people want skylanders amiibo type things but don't want to support Activation

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/07/28/mario-themed-hot-wheels-coming-later-this-year

Nintendo is gonna patch that thing into oblivion
I don't really see how they can, but they apparently already released a statement to Polygon or somewhere about taking legal action. But it may be too little too late as it looks like pre-orders are shipping out at the end of this week.

They really don't want us to play the content we bought.

If you ask me, this is coming out just in time..... this amiibo shit is beyond ridiculous now. 400 AC amiibo cards, and now even Picross "supports" amiibo? What will Nintendo block out think of next?

Last edited:
Love all the comments agreeing with piracy and blaming Nintendo.
I love how it's piracy when all I'm doing is accessing the content I already paid for. If you don't pay for your content at least twice, it's not really yours!

And I really love blind fanboys defending Nintendo's obvious anti-consumer practices.

Guess we all get what we came for when we visit Destructoid, no?

Last edited:
I guess we should never pay for any DLC again and steal it. Your mentality is pathetic. Stealing is stealing don't try and justify it.
If by DLC you mean disc locked content, you are right, we should never pay for that shit. It's on the disc that I bought. I bought the content on that disc. What's not to get?

How is that mentality pathetic? And, more importantly, how is trying to justify a giant corporation screwing you over not?

I haven't stolen shit. Even if I buy this device (and they are gonna have to do a little better than $50 + shipping for me to do so), I am using it to access content I already have.

I don't know what is so hard for you to get..... if the content is already on my disc, and I bought the disc, I bought the content. How is this even a debate?

Last edited:
It's a tired and old argument. Disc-locked content or intentionally leaving content out and making it available for purchase shortly after release. Both are crappy practices by publishers to squeeze out extra cash but I still don't agree with trying to justify these shady practices with a cheap workaround and childish logic =/

There's just no reasoning with theives.
Do you go around calling everybody who hacks their own Pokemon a thief? Because if I am reading this right it's a similar deal..... all this device does iis send something to the WiiU/3DS to modify your save file. Then, in the case of SSB, it receives the data back again.

Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss, I'm done talking about it here. But it kinda looks like you are out of argument lol.

Last edited:
So, when you update Smash, it downloads that content to your drive, but you have to purchase a key to access the content. Are you entitled to that content because the ones and zeroes are on your system?

So, when you update Smash, it downloads that content to your drive, but you have to purchase a key to access the content. Are you entitled to that content because the ones and zeroes are on your system?
I'd argue yes, if it's forcefully taking up the memory in your system the content should be yours. That's one of the main reasons I play so few fighters; I get really annoyed when I am forced to patch in tons of data for content I'll never see. Mortal Kombat 9 had it right; you can entice someone to dl a patch with free skins, and then if they choose to buy the new fighter then great, but you shouldn't force them to eat up more of their precious memory if you are gonna charge them anyways.

That's more of a grey area than what comes on a disc but that's my opinion anyways.

Last edited:
Chances of snagging a classic Mario amiibo I feel pretty good about since they are going to be stocked friday 9-11 & that eliminates school kids (as if any kids collect these, kids have no $$$) but the timing is good for me either way. 10 per store not so sure I think if I'm at my gamestop when it opens I'll be able to get one as long as they stock them when they are suppose to. I'd like zero suit samus and Olimar too but the mission priority is classic Mario since he actually adds a pretty big function of Mario Maker.

Chances of snagging a classic Mario amiibo I feel pretty good about since they are going to be stocked friday 9-11 & that eliminates school kids (as if any kids collect these, kids have no $$$) but the timing is good for me either way. 10 per store not so sure I think if I'm at my gamestop when it opens I'll be able to get one as long as they stock them when they are suppose to. I'd like zero suit samus and Olimar too but the mission priority is classic Mario since he actually adds a pretty big function of Mario Maker.
I dont know whether this was confirmed but last I heard the SSB/SMB Mario workes the came as the classic Mario for SMM. Any update on that? If not exactly what does the SSB Mario do, I mean it was listed as a compatible amiibo for the game right?

I wouldn't feel as annoyed at the Mega Mushroom and extra filter being locked behind the amiibo paywall if it was at least an easy to obtain amiibo.

Last edited:
LOL.

No. Just like if it's present on the disc and "unlocked" when you pay the DLC price.

I really wish nintendo would give as an option to use the amiibo without opening. I don;t open my amiibo for now, so I will be buying the amiiqo for sure. 

And no, I will not open my amiibos for now because " they are just 12.99 toys". And yes, you might think it is silly and amiibo should be opened, but it is my call for now, let's not go back on that discussion again

Back to something more important, I NEED MORE AMIIBOOOOOsssssss
I feel obligated to make a joke about the new *All in 1* Amiibo but I don't want to upset more people who will go on about pirating figures.

Shit, I wish I could pirate myself up a Meta Knight. But I guess my Kirby and 3D will always be alone :cry:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back