Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, importing from Japan really is the way to go. I'm sitting here with the whole wave already in-hand while so many people are going nuts.

e339bb45d51a4f605bec6a6ba67a93233dcead8fc30dc6996ac4f8c111e1d0c5.jpg
The extra cost for that convenience is rather high. Far more importantly you don't get NA amiibos.

I doubt you'd pay any extra if you just bought from scalpers after the fact.

Last edited:
The extra cost for that convenience is rather high. Far more importantly you don't get NA amiibos.

Importing from Japan is about $15-$16 per figure so its about what you would pay here if you paid for shipping.

If you open makes no difference where they come from.

And no you'd pay a lot more to scalpers for the na versions of these.

Dr Mario with shipping from Target is barely 1-2$ less than what I paid to import. And could care less about all NA amiibos, that dream died way back when I had to import Ike.

Still need to get in on Classic/Modern Mario, but I'm sure I'll be able to snag classic on release morning (Or pre-order before), and import Modern from EU or Japan.

Importing from Japan is about $15-$16 per figure so its about what you would pay here if you paid for shipping.

I must be looking at the wrong sites because when I've looked into importing from Japan they usually go more towards $25-30 once shipping is added.

I must be looking at the wrong sites because when I've looked into importing from Japan they usually go more towards $25-30 once shipping is added.
Depends on the figures? I imported Dr Mario, Olimar, and Bowser Jr all for about 19-21$ each from Amazon. Last wave I got Dark Pit and Palutena and Ganondorf for about the same price, but ZSS was around 25-30$.

Oh yeah, I forgot some people pay for shipping lol. I honestly can't remember the last time I was charged shipping from Amazon/Gamestop/Target/Best Buy/Walmart.

But still, when I looked at importing it wasn't quite that cheap lol. Especially not after factoring in the forwarding service from Japan. I was getting over $20 apiece.... but then again I wasn't trying to order my whole collection at once either.

Last edited:
If you order 3 or more from amazon jp the cost from tenso isn't bad at all. No where near the $25-$30 that one guy said.

My last order of 6 figures was $18.76 per figure and that was with 3 yarn yoshi with a higher msrp.

If you order 3 or more from amazon jp the cost from tenso isn't bad at all. No where near the $25-$30 that one guy said.

My last order of 6 figures was $18.76 per figure and that was with 3 yarn yoshi with a higher msrp.
I think it ended up being $17 each for me on 3 standard Amiibo with a better shipping option from Tenso. The cheaper shipping option would have been about $15 each.

I think it ended up being $17 each for me on 3 standard Amiibo with a better shipping option from Tenso. The cheaper shipping option would have been about $15 each.
How? Everything I add to the cart from Amazon.jp says it cannot be shipped to my location.

How? Everything I add to the cart from Amazon.jp says it cannot be shipped to my location.
You have to pay for a forwarding service as well, have it shipped to them, then have them ship it to you.

Which is why I don't understand how people are getting these at under $20 they are claiming. I looked at buying 3 or 4 together awhile back and it came out to a bit over $20 apiece. I wasn't using a 3rd party seller or anything AFAIK so something must be missing.

Last edited:
You have to pay for a forwarding service as well, have it shipped to them, then have them ship it to you.

Which is why I don't understand how people are getting these at under $20 they are claiming. I looked at buying 3 or 4 together awhile back and it came out to a bit over $20 apiece. I wasn't using a 3rd party seller or anything AFAIK so something must be missing.
Each amiibo on Amazon JP retails for 1296 JPY, approximately $10.67.

My shipping cost through Tenso for 8 amiibo (EMS 3-5 day shipping) was 5100 JPY, approx $42, which included a fee to consolidate 4 packages.

That means the shipping per amiibo was $5.25.

So I ended up paying ~$11 + ~$5 = $16 per amiibo. It would have been about $15 each if they were all shipped from Amazon JP to Tenso in a single package instead of 4.

However, Tenso is not cost-effective when purchasing 1 or 2 amiibo.

EDIT: I should mention the $16 price is made possible by the exchange rate of 1USD = 120JPY. If the rate were 1USD = 80JPY (as was the case just a few years ago), then $16 would become $24.

I was able to get an extra Marth and Pit from Target, they are shipping now.

I can sell them to the great members on CAG. The breakdown will be; cost to buy ($13.71), shipping from me to you ($3.40), and PayPal seller fees ($0.89). I will sell one of each to CAG for $18.00

Here are the rules:

• MUST be CAGVeteran and up.
  • Regular Poster (anywhere on the site)
  • Have 100% trader feedback
First come, first serve. I can't guarantee perfect condition from Target but I will pack them very good. 

Gone!

Man, importing from Japan really is the way to go. I'm sitting here with the whole wave already in-hand while so many people are going nuts.

e339bb45d51a4f605bec6a6ba67a93233dcead8fc30dc6996ac4f8c111e1d0c5.jpg
Little known by most the Jp amiibo are a few millimeters shorter than their NA counterparts. It's hard to see unless you compare a JP and NA figure side by side then it becomes pretty apparent. Hope you're happy paying more for less, hahaha!

Little known by most the Jp amiibo are a few millimeters shorter than their NA counterparts. It's hard to see unless you compare a JP and NA figure side by side then it becomes pretty apparent. Hope you're happy paying more for less, hahaha!
You guys are literally fighting over toys.

Wow.

Got Dr. Mario...really surprised he's still up. Everything else sold out though...
I think "N" and these retailers, or maybe both, finally realized they need to make more of these exclusives. It's one thing to have a certain amount sold across 5-6 different retailers, but these exclusives have been off from the start qty wise.

I'm lucky, as I just now started getting Amiibo's, as they finally have a few I'm actually interested in, and qty's finally seem to be at least decent for certain figures. Hell, GS still has the classic 3-pack up for order, it's been a few weeks now right? That's pretty good. Also, the holidays are coming up, so I'm sure everyone involved is trying to get as much as possible. Even if they don't sale out right away, it's good to have inventory for Christmas time.

NWS in NY has in stock.

Palutena

Dark Pit

Greninja

Splatoon 3 Pack

Shulk

JigglyPuff

Edit:Ness too

I never heard that. Hope you're trolling!

I'm surprised Shovel Knight is the first non Nintendo and non Smash amiibo. Here's hoping for Rayman!

If anyone is looking for Splatoon amiibo and doesn't want to wait 2 weeks, I can most likely ship for a fair price.

also have an amiibo lowball in progress atm (check signature)

Amazonfr and amazonde do not require tenso. The only amiibo I do not have are the Marios and green Yoshi. Mii Fighters will be shipped soon.
I logged into amazon.de using my US credentials and added Marth. The shipping was 14.xx Euro while Marth was 11.xx Euro. Eff that.

You guys are literally fighting over toys.

Wow.
toys.........TOYS.....I consider toys something that little snot nosed brats beg their mommy to buy them when at the store to take home & destroy with their nasty grubby little fingers. Amiibo definitely DOES NOT fall in that category since (a) kids are too dumb to appreciate them nor do they whine for them (b) toys are generally mass produced (c) technically nothing produced by nintendo is classified as a toy.

Isn't newegg horrible with their amiibo stocks, packaging and shipping?
Not sure but to me this is my backup plan since I missed out on the pre orders this morning(Except for Dr Mario I got that one) so if all else fails at least I got this. If Walmart.com posts their pre orders I will get it through them and cancel newegg

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back