Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
The thing with that is you're not just unlocking some content, regardless of how insignificant that contnent may be - you're still getting the Amiibo itself. I believe very few people buy them for what they may or may not unlock.

As far as topping any DLC. Have a look at the pricing for Dead or Alive 5: Last Round costumes. Several hundred dollars to get all costumes available.
Train Simulator, now that game has some expensive DLC. I'm not sure anything tops that.

I just bought 9 Dark Pit amiibos for $8 each. Do I win?
Nope. Those things don't resell for much, so shipping will eat any potential profit. I've got 10 pre-orders from wave 5 and I'll probably drop them all. The profit is too small, and these things don't go up in price, they just drop immediately after the hype is gone then stagnate.

just a heads up. BB is doing worse with shipping amiibos. I bought some commons during the sale, and they shipped the freaking amiibos on a padded envelope!!!!! WTF?? I called and complained since it came destroyed, and they sent me replacements. just got them, and again shipped in the same freaking padded envelope. fuck
Guess it depends on the warehouse? Every amiibo I have ordered from BB have always come in a well protected and padded box.

I just bought 9 Dark Pit amiibos for $8 each. Do I win?
Nope. Those things don't resell for much, so shipping will eat any potential profit. I've got 10 pre-orders from wave 5 and I'll probably drop them all. The profit is too small, and these things don't go up in price, they just drop immediately after the hype is gone then stagnate.
Reselling + scalping Pieces of Shitt, lol!

Total selling price on ebay:                           $23.00 

Less ebay 10% final value fee 

and paypal 2.9% + $0.30 transaction fee:    - 3.29

Less cost of shipping service:                        - 3.99

Take away:                                                       15.72

Initial cost:                                                       - 8.00 

Final earnings:                                                   7.72

And you'd have less to show for your trouble if for some reason you aren't able to teleport to a post office or psychically materialize packing supplies. Your time isn't worth much at this rate...and that's still assuming your buyer doesn't complain or try to cheat you. Not worth it, bro.

I thought the scalpers were smart enough to sit out after the reprint craze lol.

Wait Nurse so you're saying I could easily make 7.72x9 and somehow thats a bad thing?? You guys encourage buying and selling games back to the companies, and somehow what Im doing is bad? Now you guys are hoping I lose my membership? Give me a break lol we're just trying to get deals here and all yall wanna start animocity 

No, I'm saying you could easily make more doing any one of literally hundreds of other activites with your time. YOLO, bro.

If you truly desire to work for less than minimum wage, that's one of your freedoms as an American, I suppose. It's also within my privileges as a citizen to express that such actions are low on common sense. 

Hello nurse do you REALLY think im going to spend 8 hours of labor selling these things? It's really not that difficult I got them all in less than a hour and I can sell each of them in less than an hour the whole time with very minimal effort and make more than a minimum wage job. I still have a job this is just a nice way to make a cool profit and if any of you had the opportunity to buy them all like I did I know you all wouldve as well 

Total selling price on ebay: $23.00

Less ebay 10% final value fee

and paypal 2.9% + $0.30 transaction fee: - 3.29

Less cost of shipping service: - 3.99

Take away: 15.72

Initial cost: - 8.00

Final earnings: 7.72

And you'd have less to show for your trouble if for some reason you aren't able to teleport to a post office or psychically materialize packing supplies. Your time isn't worth much at this rate...and that's still assuming your buyer doesn't complain or try to cheat you. Not worth it, bro.

I thought the scalpers were smart enough to sit out after the reprint craze lol.
I don't know where you're getting $3.99 for shipping, when I sold one before it costed more than that. Luckily that one was worth $60+. Shipping will range, but I'm certain it will be more than $4 to most places. Anyway, even if he were to get $7 profit per after all is said and done and made $63, I don't see 9 online sales in the tax year being worth it at only $63. The time is irrelevant to me. It takes minutes to repack and ship something. However stacking your online sales with such small profits is problematic, especially if you do it often. I don't want to reach 200 sales in the tax year and make an average of $7 profit per...

That's good for you but what's the point of bragging that you got 9? Clearly you are looking for attention or some kind of conflict with the members here.

Hello nurse do you REALLY think im going to spend 8 hours of labor selling these things? It's really not that difficult I got them all in less than a hour and I can sell each of them in less than an hour the whole time with very minimal effort and make more than a minimum wage job. I still have a job this is just a nice way to make a cool profit and if any of you had the opportunity to buy them all like I did I know you all wouldve as well
Edit. Nevermind. I'm extremely tired, lmao.

I'm not even making $7 per I'm making closer to $10-12 I get shipping credit and anyways I really don't regret it at all I'm making a good profit margin. There are some of you who bust all over buying a game and selling it to another store for a few bucks maybe in CREDIT and this is $$$ so yeah 

Why scalpers assume that everyone else on the planet would make the financial same decisions I simply can't begin to comprehend. Those of us weighing in on your case also won't flip games for such a low return. There are some users on the site who would flip for $2, but we value our time more highly. 

rashida-jones-the-office-shrug-gif.gif

Even at $10-12, that's an impotent profit margin for the time you claim you're putting in. Couple that with the risk of salty/dishonest buyers and your actual costs being higher than reported (tax, gas, supplies), and it's just not a great decision. Your time isn't as valuable to you, and that's cool. But would anyone claim your time investment was wise? Not likely.

So to change the pace of the discussion, did anyone ever order or use one of those amiiqo devices that allegedly support up to 200 Amiibo saves or whatever. I'm kind of shocked that the thing is still being sold.

So to change the pace of the discussion, did anyone ever order or use one of those amiiqo devices that allegedly support up to 200 Amiibo saves or whatever. I'm kind of shocked that the thing is still being sold.
No, I have not. I'm to lazy too download it and try it, lol.

I kinda want to, but it seems a little pricey when you already have the amiibo. That rcerboss may have though.

I feel like buying one and it will work with all the amiibo cards too lol

HelloNurse actually I think most people would agree its a good use of time. You make it sounds like $10+ profit is bad...but the reality is I'm making over 100% profit margin which is insanely good so to say its a waste of time when you're wasting your time arguing dumb shit over the internet is hilarious. And I'm doing it with little effort too. And to the guy who wants to report me for trolling, I'm not trolling I'm talking about amiibo I bought in an amiibo thread

I feel like buying one and it will work with all the amiibo cards too lol
At this point I'm actually thinking of buying one too. I expected nintendo to crack down on this thing hard and fast whether it be by legal means or just by patching it too oblivion, but for some reason these things are still being shipped. I haven't heard anyone say that they have been patched out either.

At this point I'm actually thinking of buying one too. I expected nintendo to crack down on this thing hard and fast whether it be by legal means or just by patching it too oblivion, but for some reason these things are still being shipped. I haven't heard anyone say that they have been patched out either.
Where are you guys picking these up? Direct from them?

HelloNurse actually I think most people would agree its a good use of time. You make it sounds like $10+ profit is bad...but the reality is I'm making over 100% profit margin which is insanely good so to say its a waste of time when you're wasting your time arguing dumb shit over the internet is hilarious. And I'm doing it with little effort too. And to the guy who wants to report me for trolling, I'm not trolling I'm talking about amiibo I bought in an amiibo thread
10+ dollar profit doesn't mean much to people who have real jobs (tired argument but it's still valid). The concept of 100% profit isn't objectively fabulous (say I invest 1 penny and end up with 2 pennies hooray chump change- in a relative sense). Even if you aren't trolling you are making statements that are drawing ire and argument from the community (man I'm a sucker), and generally contributing in a negative sense. While I can't stop you from posting I can tell you it's not constructive (who am I kidding though- this thread is a dark place on CAG).

I said that I personally wouldn't be taking on hefty risk for small, insecure profits.

I'm exercising a favorite passtime which is discussion of amiibo. You could argue that several passtimes (including gaming OMG!) are a waste of time haha. Each post has taken less than a minute to compose, and I had a few laughs. Then there's the fact I didn't have to put words in your mouth to concoct some semblance of an argument. It's all win from where I'm sitting.

I already covered the false assumption that all/most others agree with your decisions. It is okay that not everyone shares your exact opinion on the matter, y'know. I believe firmly that the term cheapassgamer does not refer to how cheap one's own time is. 

130.gif

And Nurse, maybe my pastime is selling amiibo? You're the one who argued about good use of time and making money or whatever. And from my perspective, it's all a win as well ;) I'm making a ridiculously good profit margin on a few products with minimal effort, if that's a waste of time compared to posting on a forum then you need to recheck your priorities. 

It's being reported that those who have ordered 1 of these "amiibo devices" will face stiff penalties once the Big N drops the hammer on them. There's even word that through an update for the 3ds and wii u systems they will recognize when the device is in use & instantly disable the use of the amiibo feature on those systems for good. Seems with this illegal device nintendo is not only going after those who are manufacturing and selling the device but those who purchase it are being held responsible as well. This is nothing new though if you remember back when all the napster illegal music downloading was going on and those who were stealing music were held responsibly some paying hefty fees. When it comes right down to it stealing is stealing no matter if it's physical or digital. I for one will not be as much as touching this device or even searching for information online about it. Seems nintendo is fed up with piracy no matter what the form & in order for them to remain competitive they have to protect their intellectual property at any cost.

And Nurse, maybe my pastime is selling amiibo? You're the one who argued about good use of time and making money or whatever. And from my perspective, it's all a win as well ;) I'm making a ridiculously good profit margin on a few products with minimal effort, if that's a waste of time compared to posting on a forum then you need to recheck your priorities.
I resell but I don't disrespect Best Buy by going over there limits.

I didnt even realize the over 3 limit applied to amiibos(nothing ive read shows it does), nor that the system would even allow the >3 limit to be broken in the first place, but regardless whats done is done its not my fault if bestbuy doesnt protect it's limits BUT at the same time many of you will buy and resell games back to them which I'd argue is almost worse 

Except I'm not arguing that I'm making good money by posting. Profits aren't why I game, play piano, or discuss and customize my amiibo. I do it for the enjoyment while relaxing.

If you're at scalping for the good times, you should've said something from the beginning. Would've been the end all, be all of your argument. Who cares what you make after all the taxes, costs, and fees if it's just for kicks? But this is where your turn-around falls apart. You have chosen to argue that reselling is a good use of your time by virture of the profits. Profits that none (other than yourself so far) have confirmed as justifiable. You can continue to call the profits "good," but at the end of the day they're simply "good to you." 

And yet Bowser Jr. still isn't up for preorders :(
Didn't TRU tweet that Bowser Jr is in store only? I think it was posted sometime before the argument started, but I'm at work and don't have time to search right now.

Didn't TRU tweet that Bowser Jr is in store only? I think it was posted sometime before the argument started, but I'm at work and don't have time to search right now.
Yep, no preorders, in store only. Unlike BB who said that with Dark Pit then put him up online, I don't think TRU put Greninja up online on release day.

My... Erm... "amiibo device" arrived earlier this week. The only instructions are in pdf, and they're woefully incomplete. The on screen prompts are the same. There are points where you can't tell if you're supposed to hold down a button or hold down the device... Thank you Engrish.

Also,the device literally ARRIVED scratched up. I removed it from the package and debated whether I wanted to tough it to my Wii U gamepad for a few minutes.

Getting it to switch between thethe preloaded 10 amiibo took a little experimentation... I still can't scan my own amiibo into it for back up though, which was kind of the point. I also tried downloading a couple amiibo bin files, and it doesn't seem to take them either. Very frustrating.

I'm surprised CAG allows discussion of this Amiibo device when it is essentially piracy like flash cart. You are stealing content.

Just how far would Nintendo be willing to go?
VQNPhey.png
Personally I would love to have one of each color. Then I could do something like this.
woolly-yoshi-amiibo-release-date.png
It'd be the best Easter basket ever!

Any more word on Woolly Yoshi availability? I'd heard that one color might be exclusive (blue at Walmart I think), but I don't think that rumor's been confirmed yet.

Did anyone receive a shipment confirmation for the Dr. Mario amiibo? I just got an e-mail saying it was shipped, yet I ordered it along with the rest of the amiibo pre-orders and those didn't get shipped out.

arent amiibos no different than a memory card? havent people been messing with save data on memory cards for decades now? arent they using standard NFC technology? nintendo will have a tough case

it seems to be just another classic corporate security issue and them making large threats right away from the butthurt

Just that green is exclusive to the bundle.
I've been waiting forever for the Yoshi+game bundle at Best Buy (I skipped it at TRU because GCU). I was also hoping for a Mario Maker bundle, but that never seem to have materialized so I went ahead and pre-ordered yesterday along with StarFox to qualify for the pin set. I figure that's pretty safe and won't get any discounts, bundles or pre-order offers prior to Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back