Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe people wouldn't "otherwise have trouble finding it" if you and other resellers left them behind instead of scooping them up to scalp. That justification never makes any sense, even if it's the only way you can sleep at night with a clear conscience... but you're only fooling yourself.
Actually, more people should be looking in the mirror. Buying 3+ of everything (One to open, one to keep sealed, one to trade) is going to jam up the market every bit as much as a person buying a couple to try to shift them at a profit. (Probably moreso, as those are probably going to sit outside of the active market longer than ones bought just to resell) Just because your motives might be different doesn't mean you're not buggering up supply every bit as much as someone with only profit motives.

Actually, more people should be looking in the mirror. Buying 3+ of everything (One to open, one to keep sealed, one to trade) is going to jam up the market every bit as much as a person buying a couple to try to shift them at a profit. (Probably moreso, as those are probably going to sit outside of the active market longer than ones bought just to resell) Just because your motives might be different doesn't mean you're not buggering up supply every bit as much as someone with only profit motives.
I buy one of each that I'm interested in and open all of them... that's all. When I could not find a Pit, I did trade a Captain Falcon for one, but ONLY AFTER I knew what to search for to make the trade. I did not hoard in advance hoping to trade (or sell). And before you say that my actions confirm your argument about making the market more efficient, we'll never know since we have no point of reference. Furthermore, the market efficiency you claim these scalpers are providing would only be beneficial if it was taking place after the fact when people could not find what they needed, not scooping up extras beforehand since there's no way to predict which markets are "inefficient" in which locations.

You guys are mad at me because sometimes I cost you a few extra bucks, when in reality all of you are supporting child labor. So call me scum if it helps you feel better, but instead of being mad at the player, why not be mad at the game? #Capitalism 

Already made good money off the amiibos. Everyone gets upset at resellers I've noticed. Like, I'm just trying to make a quick buck, and in doing so I give something to someone who'd otherwise have trouble finding it. The distributors were the ones who didnt make enough, and reselling isnt really much worse than regular selling? I mean they make these toys for a few cents a pop from child labor in china but no IM THE BAD GUY not the company you're trying to support who breaks ethical standards smh
I can't say I like scalpers or scalping, and I'm one of the few who'll say it's basically part of how capitalism works but yikes, you need to just stop and walk away. It literally hurts to think there's someone who can justifying things like the way you're doing now...

You guys are mad at me because sometimes I cost you a few extra bucks, when in reality all of you are supporting child labor. So call me scum if it helps you feel better, but instead of being mad at the player, why not be mad at the game? #Capitalism
Calm down there buddy. You might cut yourself with that edginess

Before I go into these points, please understand that scalping in this sense is selling items for above MSRP and reselling is selling items below. And this is in the sense of online reselling (not corporate reselling which has similar but different meanings).

Already made good money off the amiibos. Everyone gets upset at resellers I've noticed. Like, I'm just trying to make a quick buck, and in doing so I give something to someone who'd otherwise have trouble finding it. The distributors were the ones who didnt make enough, and reselling isnt really much worse than regular selling? I mean they make these toys for a few cents a pop from child labor in china but no IM THE BAD GUY not the company you're trying to support who breaks ethical standards smh
Well, to be completely honest, resellers do add some efficiency to the market, as even in the United States there are some chains that don't allocate their stock as efficiently as possible- many do an even distribution to stores despite difference in sales and the size of population centers. You'll see people mention about having lots of highly demanded figures in their stores way out in the boonies, far away from most of the major population centers. People in these areas that resell do actually correct a market inefficiency and thus DO add some value.
Mind you that I agree with others that scalpers add little when it comes to stock control since they take stock from others in the area (rightfully so since it's first come first serve. All have a chance to get an item, some just work harder to get what they want). Now when it comes to resellers it's a bit different. Usually someone reselling has bought clearance items that have been in stores for months to years. We sell those online / in person to someone who most likely couldn't find it in their area / state. Even at that, we sell it cheaper than MSRP. This does help the customer in a more effective way.

Reselling isn't much different from the "regular" guy actually. If you know about market selling you know that it's a business that buys low and sells high. Yes the logistics differ but the core of it is the same.

If someone can make a quick buck, good for them. Though, I'll also be the first one to point and laugh when they can't find a limited quantity item they want. Because karma is a bitch, and hilarious.
I won't laugh but for me, you just move own. There are many items out there worth selling. Can't bitch and moan about something when the next sale could be happening.

Lmao its funny you all think I'm somehow a twisted individual for making a few dollars? Please explain to me how trying to make money is all that diffrent from trying to save it? The only diffrence is my endgame is better than yours. And I just got 100 villager amiibos for $5 a pop so I'll see all you guys at the bank 

Lmao its funny you all think I'm somehow a twisted individual for making a few dollars? Please explain to me how trying to make money is all that diffrent from trying to save it? The only diffrence is my endgame is better than yours. And I just got 100 villager amiibos for $5 a pop so I'll see all you guys at the bank
I don't think you're wrong for trying to make a few bucks, but you are scalping items and than justifying it by saying you're helping people. You are helping in the sense that someone gets an item but they would probably not have to go thru you (and other scalpers) if you didn't buy the item.

It's one thing to buy an item that's been sitting for years and selling it to Joe Smith 10+ states away for a discounted store price, it's another to buy a bucket load of items day one, sell them for 3x the worth and than parade around as if you are "helping" them. :booty:

:rofl:

OMG pleez stahp! My sides are splitting from the lethal injection of stupid in this thread.

Yeah, someone excited about a $7 profit per ebay sale probably doesn't have the available cash to buy 9 amiibo simultaneously.

I like the part about claiming to have a moral high ground when scalpers have to buy their stock from the exact same "child labor" companies as everybody else. Gotta love fail troll logic.

Is the Wooly World bundle exclusive to certain retailers? I'm hoping to pick up at Best Buy so I can use my GCU discount, but there's been no sign that they're getting it... unless I missed out already.

So after wave 5b and the retro 3 pack...that's the whole main roster for SSB right? All thats left after that are the mii fighters and the DLC characters correct?

People actually want those ugly as sin Mii Fighter's? And what's the latest news on the modern 8-bit Mario? I don't want the classic, only modern.

Got my shipping notice for the Splatoon 3 pk I ordered from Target yesterday. Really tempted to go grab the classic Mario and Bowser Jr on Friday

Amazon Italy, has the individual packs (Miis, the 3 retro characters and The 30th anniversary Mareio) up for sale. I managed to get all the individual packaged amiibo (6) for $16.45 each. $2 more and some change, than USA MSRP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back