Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. Those target numbers are awful. Less than 8 of nearly everything all over the city with just a couple exceptions. A lot are getting zero. Absurd. Guess I won't be going there in the morning.. Hopefully Best Buy's numbers are better..
Fridays are shipment days as well expect those stores to get them in that morning.

Heck my store doesn't show any amiibos or mario maker games on hand yet (all the others stores show on hand stock). That or theyre sitting in the metal cage in receiving and haven't been checked into the system yet.

I wonder who is still holding on to the notion that "Nintendo didn't know that Amibos were going to be so popular" but yet here we are at wave 4 and still small prints on all characters while Disney and Activision clean up by using a simple philosophy. Print enough to meet demand. Even Lego knows how to do it as my Target started receiving shipments of their new game and characters over a month ago. I guess Nintendo doesn't realize that by printing such a small number of these, they narrow their market to a tiny percent as the only ones who really even know about any Amibos other than the few from that continue to sit on shelves from the first wave are hardcore fans. Only having enough for 1 hour on the day of release is crazy. Children and "regular" consumers can't buy what they never see on shelves. If people think about it, Amibos aren't as a big of success as they could be cause consumers can't buy them or even know what characters exist because unless they are there on the day of release, they won't get or see them.

Being on a lot of multi-platform also helped too.
That's definitely true but if you divide the 4 platforms (Wii, 360, PS3, and tablet), u still come up with 25 million. I can almost guarantee that the high percentage of that 100 million were Wii owners buying the characters.

If you took the time to think about anything but yourself, you would realize exactly why people adopt/raise other people's children. But I guess you spend your time being angry at Nintendo instead of going to an ethics class. I never took the time to call you out in the conversation about DLC, but I really hope you can keep your opinions about child bearing out of this thread.
Glad the Dr. Mario amiibo comes out tomorrow because it looks like someone is having trouble swallowing the red pill.

lol that pun was too good to pass up

Last edited:
Apparently the one I'm going to did it for one of the waves. But most of the time they sold them as they came in.
I am still going to try the one near me. Hopefully I luck out. I found the Splatoon 3 pack the morning of release their but they have been pretty sparse since then.

I am still going to try the one near me. Hopefully I luck out. I found the Splatoon 3 pack the morning of release their but they have been pretty sparse since then.
Yeah, only time I managed to luck out was when Diddy and Little Mac came out, and a guy grabbed them out of the stock room for me. Every other time they randomly come in and somehow sell out within the hour or two.

I'd really like to see a breakdown of those numbers out of sheer curiosity... at least rough estimates. But of course, we'll never know since it would probably be next to impossible to get any useful numbers.

Yeah, NoA fails on a regular basis. Not releasing those Bayonetta 2 LE sets here was their biggest FAIL of recent memories, but they have to many to mention at the end of the day.
Completely agree.

If would be nice if the consoles were region free but nope, not even that. What's worse is when they do make a CE but it's exclusive to NWS.

Yeah! My Walmart is getting NO new amiibo at all. This is a VERY odd wave. I was expecting improvement after all the recent exclusives being stocked better.

Meijer at Midnight previous wave and I was the only customer there for amiibo. Arrived at same Meijer approximately 10 minutes ago and I am 5th in line. 2 couples are in front of me.

Called Meijer and they said they had 4 of each and 1 per customer. Currently the only one standing here

1 other guy showed up lol. Didnt seem happy to see me here

What's worse is when they do make a CE but it's exclusive to NWS.
Honestly, this is the biggest **** move they pull on a regular basis. Why they sale LE & exclusive items at the NWS is beyond BS. All they have to do is operate a decent online store like the other regions do, and they could sale LE items, system bundles, and everything in between.

Can you imagine how much more money they could make in the US, if they offered such items to a greater amount of consumers and fans? I swear NoA is allergic to money. LOL

Looking at Gamestop.com right now, looks like they have Splatoon Boy and Girl available online again. They also have the 3-pack in stock at a lot of my local ones listed as low stock with no pick up at store tab. They do have pick up at store available on the boy and girl. I guess I'm going to try for a 3 pack tomorrow while I'm picking up 8 Bit Mario. I don't even play Splatoon anymore... the temptation is real.

Looking at Gamestop.com right now, looks like they have Splatoon Boy and Girl available online again. They also have the 3-pack in stock at a lot of my local ones listed as low stock with no pick up at store tab. They do have pick up at store available on the boy and girl. I guess I'm going to try for a 3 pack tomorrow while I'm picking up 8 Bit Mario. I don't even play Splatoon anymore... the temptation is real.
Yeah Inkling Boy and Girl were at my store today but the 3-pack was held till tomorrow.

At the nearest Target:

12 Olimar

12 Ganondorf

12 Classic Mario

8 ZSS

80 Dr Mario

So definitely good news if you're in need of an exclusive. I think last time there were only 24 Jigglypuffs. Rest of the numbers seemed about the same, although I think they were closer to 8s and 4s instead of 12s and 8s.

Already got my classic mario on its way but signed into my Target account just in case Olimar comes back in stock tonight. C'mon Target.

This is odd. Went to my closest 24 hour walmart. They said they received none. Called the other 9 stores in the county while waiting. Not a single store in the county got any. This is a huge super Wal-Mart. They have always gotten every other wave. No idea why none of the stores not them now.

I don't really buy amiibos, but wanted to get my hands on a Zero Suit Samus. What's the best way/place of going about getting one online? I don't want one enough to go in-store

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back