Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Still hoping to use GameStop credit to get Olimar and Classic Mario online later, but just in case they don't go up at the same time (zero interest in paying for shipping) I put in an order for Olimar at Walmart for in-store pickup. Easy enough to cancel / return / have them cancel it on me.

So apparently people were camped out at my local Toys R Us since 10am. My brother was still able to get me a Bowser Jr. 40 minutes after opening, no luck on the others. 

My Tru opened at 9, and they let us in early. Picked up Bowser Jr., no problem AND our Tru had a small restock of some wave 4. Picked up an extra Greninja to open. :) Really happy, as I decided too late I wanted one to open of him last wave. Gonna try to get some figures at BB, so I can save some money with GCU, but not gonna try hard.

Just ran to Toys R Us (Madison Heights, MI) to avoid the line of 30 people I saw there this morning -- They only had 2 Bowser Jrs left, But a ton of Olimar, Ganon and Samus. I grabbed Bowser Jr and Olimar, which was all I wanted.

The lady at the register said that the Classic Marios went super fast, as they only got around 13 of those.

Still hoping to use GameStop credit to get Olimar and Classic Mario online later, but just in case they don't go up at the same time (zero interest in paying for shipping) I put in an order for Olimar at Walmart for in-store pickup. Easy enough to cancel / return / have them cancel it on me.
Has Gamestop not stocked them online yet?

Got Gannon, 8-Bit Mario, Zero Suit Samus and Olimar at Target this morning. They also had a bunch of Dr. Mario and now I'm kind of mad I ordered him online because I just could have picked him up with the rest today.

Hope I have luck at my lunch hour getting Bowser Jr.

First in line at Fry's electronics an hour before they open. Last wave they had at least a few people by now. Probably had most scared off due to the insane shortage of figures available. Maybe 4 at most of anything and some old lady showed up and jumped the line and took more than a fair amount. I was just going to keep driving if there was more than a few people but first in line should be able to secure at least something, right? All I really need is classic Mario assuming Walmart comes through.

I guess what I'm asking is, are they notorious for stocking at a certain time? I'm not an Amiibo hunter, I just really want that cool 8 Bit Mario
In my limited experience, they go up at random times and not all at once. Though with this smaller wave they might put everything up. I'm hoping for the latter because I need to buy two amiibo for free shipping. Following the various amiibo-specific Twitter accounts will let you (end everyone else) know when they go live. There's also a chance they won't go live online today. Last wave, I think they went up on Monday after a Friday launch.

In my limited experience, they go up at random times and not all at once. Though with this smaller wave they might put everything up. I'm hoping for the latter because I need to buy two amiibo for free shipping. Following the various amiibo-specific Twitter accounts will let you (end everyone else) know when they go live. There's also a chance they won't go live online today. Last wave, I think they went up on Monday after a Friday launch.
What are these twitter accounts?

It's 9am and no one is in line at my Best Buy store yet. Strange when Dark Pit came out there was almost fourty people here by open. There is so much room for Wii U games that I filled two 4 ft baskets with Mario Maker though. :p
No exclusives this time. I'm hoping it's the same way at my store near Seattle. It sounds like Dr. Mario and Bowser Jr. are plentiful as exclusives, so I'm hoping to get the rest of the line with GCU.

Wow, so after handing out all the tickets to the 40 people in line at TRU, they still had another 30 Bowser Jr's left. And they had 3-5 each of all the other figures released today on the shelf. And then I went to Best Buy and they still had all the figures in stock too. Had a BB gift card so I bought them there, but now I don't know what to do with the ones I have being shipped from Walmart, since it won't let me cancel the order. I guess I just won't pick them up and let it credit me back in a couple weeks.

I walked in to TRU at opening and got 1 of each.  They had at least 100+ Bowser Jr. left and this store usually has nowhere near enough of any Amiibo.  There were 30+ people in line which surprised me given Dark Pit had almost no line.

I was thinking, the Smash Bros set isn't technically done right? They have to make all the koopa kids too :whistle2:
I'd be surprised if they made amiibos of all the koopa kids since their functionality in Smash would be very similar to Bowser Jr. Plus if they did that, then people would want Alph, male WFT, female Robin and female villager amiibos.

I was thinking, the Smash Bros set isn't technically done right? They have to make all the koopa kids too :whistle2:
Aren't they making the game and watch with all yhe poses interchangable to the base or something? Would be cool to have seen something like that with Bowser Jr. Which then just begs the question if when they run out if they with make more amiibos with alternate color schemes. This war may never end ladies and gentlemen.

Also, almost a hour after open and Best buy here still has a full peg of everything at least. Im kinda suprised, but there is a target you could probably throw a football at from here and a toys r us the same distance from the Target with a Gamestop snug in the middle, a Meijer within a mile and a Walmart within a mile in the other direction so most of those stores opened before us. When I went to TRU for Bowser JR the still had several of everything there. Target sold out of everything.

GameStop live for at least Olimar and 30th Mario! Just placed my order.

Edit: Sorry. Missed everyone else's posts. Good luck to those who got what they wanted!

Aren't they making the game and watch with all yhe poses interchangable to the base or something? Would be cool to have seen something like that with Bowser Jr. Which then just begs the question if when they run out if they with make more amiibos with alternate color schemes. This war may never end ladies and gentlemen.
That's a great idea, they should've done that!

Well picked up the bundle and an extra Mario from gamestop. Now just to hope to find a Bowser Jr. if anybody happens to pick one up let me know! :)

Hit up TRU and there was about 16 people in line. They handed out tickets for all figs and only let 5 or 6 in at a time. Felt weird standing in line outside AFTER the store was open....Lovin Bowser Jr. but, I gotta say, Classic Mario is pretty freakin snazzy and kinda hefty too

So that was easy. I live in the Cincinnati area. I was planning on hitting Toysrus at 10 but since I was early I decided to check out Target around 930.  They had at least 4 of everyone.  I already preordered Dr. Mario so I decided to wait for Best But to get my GCU discount and I happened to notice they had one original Samus on the shelf. So I bought that. Then I headed to Toysrus, saw no line and realized I messed up and they opened at 9. Walked in and they had all the characters. The lowest amount being Ganondorf at one or two. Bought Bowser Jr. and headed to Best Buy. Best Buy had around four of each so I picked up the remaining ones I needed and Mario Maker. I just started collecting and after hearing horror stories I still can't believe how easy it was and I got a Samus to boot.  Good day.  

Easiest wave so far.  TRU had all the figures with the exception of Dr. Mario.  Not sure if a ton of people hit the local Target, but they didn't have much when I stopped there.  No Ganondorf or Mario.  Just a couple ZSS and a couple Dr. Mario.  Grabbed a Dr. Mario and went home happy.    

I managed to get all the non-exclusives at Best Buy so I've continued my streak of getting every non-exclusive figure at Best Buy with GCU. Haven't paid more than $10.39 for anything outside of Rosalina, Lucario, Jigglypuff, Palutena, Gold Mario, Dr. Mario, and Bowser Jr. Not sure if I'm forgetting any here - can't believe there has been that many store exclusives!

In any case, I've got first-prints of every NA amiibo released outside of Modern Mario. I wish I wasn't so addicted to collecting these things.

As a heads up to anyone who hasn't headed out - the only reason to wait outside a store would be Classic Mario. All the other figures are in high enough supply for people to walk in at opening.

got the bundle thats awesome!  Dr mario is on the way all I need to do now is swing into toys r us on lunch and see if there's any left

Man, this was definitely the easiest wave, was in line for like an hour, after opening just went in, they had a bunch of them in the counter, they handed me one of each and i was out the door with Wave 5B 10 minutes after.

This was super easy, finally they're making it alot easier to find them  :whee:

If anyone has an extra Greninja or Robin they will trade, I will gladly head out to TRU at lunch to pick them up a Bowser Jr.
They are the only ones I am struggling to get, so please PM if you want to set up a trade.  Thanks!

I can't believe this.  I actually completed a wave.  Amazing.

As usual Toys R Us fucked up with their exclusive, I got there 15 minutes after opening and they had 2 left.  At least I got one though.

It looks like Super Mario Maker is hard to grab as well, TRU had 0 and Best Buy only had 2.  What really sucks though is that they had more of the SMM amiibo than the game itself; I grabbed the last copy of the game.

I'll see what happens with my wal-mart pre-orders, they will make an awesome gift for my friend.  

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back