Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure rcerboss was the best dressed, most handsome, well-mannered, high-power six figure salaried, dapper gentleman customer that just happened to be there on his day off.

Post a picture of what you look like today. I'd love to see it.
I'm basically retired hoss, just consulting and an odd job here and there. So I don't really have a salary anymore lol. But I do have a meeting today so I was wearing an orange/blue/black polo and khakis and loafers lol. I really was the nicest dressed amiibo shopper I saw today :applause:

Last edited:
Not defending those type of people, but not everyone has a day job. As far as I can tell, only people with kids I every see what mornings / afternoons. All my friends and I work nights (4 - 6 to close). Gives me enough free time, apart from classes, to deal hunt and line up for launches.
Not able to speak for others, but I work from home and had a good part of the morning off due to changing my ISP anyways. Also, my hours are very flexible (and they always get more than 40 a week anyways). The only thing unmovable is when I have a meeting.

Surprised rcer even buys amiibo as much as he bitches about locked content on disc.
If I didn't buy amiibo you'd be bitching that I was bitching about them without having tried them.

I buy the SSB lines and the ones I think look cool. I haven't touched Splatoon amiibo and won't be getting most of these new ones. The 30 yr Mario and Yarn Yoshi's will probably be it for me after SSB is done, at least until something else worthwhile is announced.

The disc locked content for SMM doesn't look like it's an issue anymore which is awesome:

http://nintendoeverything.com/unlock-super-mario-makers-crt-mode-with-a-code/

Last edited:
Yeah I guess but seriously a shower before going anywhere in public would be nice. I didn't mean to sound so elitist, I have a few gaming shirts/hats myself that I'll wear out every now and then. But I don't suddenly developed a BO problem or a grimy film whenever I put them on.

All that said though I wouldn't dress up for an amiibo release either, and several of these people did. If it's not Halloween or some major party dressing up is just too much.
Trust me, I know. Going to anime conventions, nerdy school, etc. We have those people. But that's definitely the minority though people lump a small instance with a whole group of people.

I don't "dress up" but I wear my gaming clothes for things like that. What better reason to wear a Portal, Doctor Who, DBZ shirt than a videogame event (no matter how small). Makes it easy to break the ice and meet some new people.

But yeah, people, take a shower and don't act like an entitled dick. I've seen more than my share at these events. Not as grand as most stories here but it still amazes me.

I'm sure rcerboss was the best dressed, most handsome, well-mannered, high-power six figure salaried, dapper gentleman customer that just happened to be there on his day off.

Are you a smelly video game shirt wearing neckbeard or do you just have a soft in your heart for them? Do you understand the difference between how someone dressed like this:

man-in-suit.jpg

as oppossed to your typical "im going to wait in line for amiibos!!!" dressed like this is:

maxresdefault.jpg

Having been to many of these store openings on amiibo release day, and as someone with a full time job that has a very flexible schedule- trust me, most of these shady looking folks are not employeed. It doesn't take much to spot someone that is not gainfully employed. They don't move with any sense of urgency, nor conduct themselves like someone who needs to be responsible. I know I am stereotyping here, but until I see an eBay-scalping douchbag that doesn't look shady as fuk ... the steortype stands.
I'm pretty sure we've all seen actual employees at these stores that act like that, too, so that's not exactly foolproof.

[quote name="abbabaab" post="12914519" timestamp="1441995740"]I'm pretty sure we've all seen actual employees at these stores that act like that, too, so that's not exactly foolproof.[/quote]
True that. My rage is reserved for "eBay guy" - there at store opening to clear out as much merch as possible.

Just got my amiibo from target.com. Everything was folded and bent to shit. What are the odds they can replace it all.
Dr. Mario was the only one they had in stock when I stopped by. That sounds like the general consensus around the web.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure we've all seen actual employees at these stores that act like that, too, so that's not exactly foolproof.
It's not full proof but he's not that far off from what he is saying. These people who he is describing that look shady, unemployed, and smell like shit are full blown losers man. There is absolutely ZERO reason for anyone to make an excuse for these types or defend them. They need to be educated on how to properly live life and how to conduct themselves, or they will continue to just be a f'ing loser. More to life than buying 100's of amiibos and selling them on ebay instead of taking a shower.

Just got my amiibo from target.com. Everything was folded and bent to shit. What are the odds they can replace it all.
Exactly why I went in store and got my Dr. Mario instead of relying on some stock boy who makes 15x less money than me per hour to properly do his job.

Took today off work for separate reasons but since I was off decided to do the amiibo hunt.

1st stop BB: Walked in at 10:01, they had received 4 Classic Mario and I got the last one. Had plenty of the others so I got all the non exclusives there. Really nobody there besides a couple teenagers and it was easy.

2nd stop TRU: Got in there about 5 minutes later, holy shit. So many disgusting smelly fat nerdy freaks. They did tickets apparently and must have had a long line at the speed they were moving people through. I cannot stress how repugnant some of these guys were, the odor was emanating off of them from a distance of probably ten feet.

3rd stop Target: Got to Target about 15 minutes after TRU, walked over to electronics they had all the amiibos on a cart behind the island. Asked the girl for a Dr Mario and was out in less than 5.

Easiest wave so far by far. Really surprised how many 40 ish women I saw buying amiibos today, must actually be catching on with kids because they all had lists with names on them they were reading off of.

Took today off work for separate reasons but since I was off decided to do the amiibo hunt.

1st stop BB: Walked in at 10:01, they had received 4 Classic Mario and I got the last one. Had plenty of the others so I got all the non exclusives there. Really nobody there besides a couple teenagers and it was easy.

2nd stop TRU: Got in there about 5 minutes later, holy shit. So many disgusting smelly fat nerdy freaks. They did tickets apparently and must have had a long line at the speed they were moving people through. I cannot stress how repugnant some of these guys were, the odor was emanating off of them from a distance of probably ten feet.

3rd stop Target: Got to Target about 15 minutes after TRU, walked over to electronics they had all the amiibos on a cart behind the island. Asked the girl for a Dr Mario and was out in less than 5.

Easiest wave so far by far. Really surprised how many 40 ish women I saw buying amiibos today, must actually be catching on with kids because they all had lists with names on them they were reading off of.
In before some smelly CAG that was probably one of them starts trying to defend them and justify their pathetic lives LOL! I hear you man, we can't even go shopping without running into these types.

Update:

1st BestBuy:  only me and the other adult guy went in to buy. The put all amiibo on the tower and they have ton of each characters. I believe at least 12 qty per each characters.

2st TRU: At least 25+ people in line waiting for payment. I just wait about 10-15 mins to get my BJ.

3rd Target: Less than 5 mins I got out with Dr. Mario

4th ONLINE Retailers: I ordered few of each from each retailers online from last night and today. Just in case I can't get any today. So now I have to cancel them or else I need to return them once they are here.

Now I am dying to know what you two look like.   I'm picturing something like Walter White in pleated khakis with a gingham shirt tucked in.  Possibly gripping the handle of a concealed weapon, just waiting for one of the uncultured plebeian rubes to step to you. 

Now I am dying to know what you two look like. I'm picturing something like Walter White in pleated khakis with a gingham shirt tucked in. Possibly gripping the handle of a concealed weapon, just waiting for one of the uncultured plebeian rubes to step to you.
I was wearing a video game themed t shirt man. I go to cons, I'm used to the people who live in their parents basements and quite frankly I don't care. I've been around the video game/comic/toy/movie scene since the 80s so none of this is new to me. That's how bad these guys at TRU smelled today, it was on a whole different level of disgusting.

Now that it's sunk in I got to admit it's hilarious that they patched the game to allow you to enter a simple code to unlock that amiibo's content.
I must have missed it, was this recently announced? I get it though, it was either leave out levels that use 'exclusive' content or find another way to make it work. With an Amiibo like this maybe they could have just given it a different function =/

The preorder bonus poster is far nicer quality than I'd expected with raised 3 d effect on parts.
Is it really a separate item? I guess I was getting it confused with the "Book" that's included with the game. It's a cool poster..I just wish they didn't mash what would've been a cool celebration of the series history with what's actually an advertisement for a game.

Exactly why I went in store and got my Dr. Mario instead of relying on some stock boy who makes 15x less money than me per hour to properly do his job.
The splatoon ones have me pissed off the hardest. Couldnt buy those in the store. My target limited to 2 amiibo so I could only get dr mario and ganondorf.

I had a rather successful morning. Woke up early, and headed out just before 7 AM. Went straight to my Target of choice, arrived shortly after 7, and I was the first one there. By the time 8 o'clock rolled around, there were maybe twelve people in line behind me. I got first call on what to buy, and they had a healthy allocation of stock. I got one of each, Olimar, Zero Suite Samus, Ganondorf, Anniversary Mario, and Dr. Mario.

Immediately afterward, I started driving toward my place of business, but stopped off at another Target that was near my destination. Despite it only being about 15 minutes after opening, they were cleaned out of all their new amiibos except for Dr. Mario. This Target always seems to get very little stock, the first Target I was at had enough for everyone in line to get at least one of each, maybe more. I picked up a second Dr. Mario to have a NIB. Stopped by Taco Bell to pick up some breakfast, and then it was off to work. At this point it was about 8:30.

I ate my breakfast and worked for about an hour. Around 9:30, I took a break, hopped in the car, and drove over to the nearest likely Toys R Us. The line here was huge, easily 30+ people. Thankfully, they had gotten a sizable shipment of Bowser Jr. in, and were confident they had enough to accommodate everyone waiting. The store opened at 10:00 and the line started to move. Around 10:15 I was able to get my hands on a Bowser Jr.

The Toys R Us I had chosen was partially selected because it is right next to a Best Buy. Upon leaving Toys R Us, I strolled the hundred or so feet to the Best Buy, and stopped by their customer service desk. There I was able to pick up NIB figures for ZS Samus, Olimar, Ganondorf, and two extra Anniversary Marios. (I gave the extra Mario to a co-worker who I knew had already ordered Mario Maker) Back at work between 10:30-10:45.

This run went a lot smoother than last time, and I was able to cover pretty much everything.

I'll have to wait until I get off work to go to TRU for Bowser Jr but not too worried, I did stop in Target after my BB run to try to get Dr Mario, only one Oliver and ZSS on the shelf, went to ask the electronics guy if they had anymore, some huffy lady just finished arguing with him, I asked and she interrupted saying "They have none, he doesn't know anything." Apparently he was covering for someone's lunc, wasn't waiting around so just ordered it online with something else for free shipping. No rush to get it.

Any chance Bowser Jr might show up on TRU's website, cant go to my local store until after work and not sure if they'll have any left (my store is usually pretty crappy with the Amiibo selection).

I grabbed Dr Mario at Target while getting groceries this morning. I got there about 10 minutes after opening, and they had already gone through everything except Doc.

I left for work (hour commute, to another state, actually), and went by Best Buy to grab Mario Maker on my way out of town. They had already sold through their new stock as well.

So I got toward the state line, and remembered there is a small GameStop just across the state border. I pulled up the number to call about availability, and the very nice girl working there said she had ONE of each of the new ones left. (This was 2 hours after opening). She even offered to hold the ones I wanted. Left with the 8-Bit Mario and ZSS. I might actually do the GS survey this time and leave a really nice comment for her.

Only thing that sucks is that I'll be gone for a week for work before I can play SMM :whistle2:/

Considering I was the only person in slacks and a button up at TRU, I actually fit pretty much that whole statement (minus high power...im not that important) from what I saw. Most of them definitely needed a shower.

Yep snagged Ganondorf, zero suit, olimar, and splatoon 3 pack at GS shortly after opening. Best buy had nothing. Snagged dr mario nad jigglypuff off the targets website. just need classic mario

[quote name="Diabhalla" post="12914640" timestamp="1441998747"]Target.com gave me 25% off my damaged orders. I guess I'm never using them again.[/quote]
My target.com order arrived flawless. Guess it depends on the region it is shipping out of and the individual who packs it. Disgruntled employee = fuk it, throw it in however.

Downloaded the update for Mario Maker. Just got an on-screen pop up saying that new items will be delivered on Saturday 9/12 ... so maybe it is not patched out

Anyone have an extra Robin they can trade? Its the only one I need to complete my set. 
I'll try and score you something from wave 5b if you need it.  Please PM me if you want to try and trade.

Thanks!

Got 4 from Best Buy and Mario Maker this morning. Rolled in around 10:30. They had around 25 olimar, 7 ZSS, 3-4 of Ganon/8 Bit left after I got mine.

Got Dr. Mario from Target.com, so just waiting for that in the mail.

So right now I'm missing Dark Pit, Platuena, Villager and Bowser JR. Going to hit up the trade forum and check TRU later.

Got my first Amiibos around 2:00PM today. Best Buy had 4 each (all that fits on each rack) of Gan, Olimar, classic Mario, and ZSS. The guy at the register said these have been popular all day so these places probably have more in the back. I got classic Mario and Olimar only- love those 2 games.

Went over to the Target on the way home and they had a ton of Dr Mario and strangely none of the other new ones.

That sucks. Funny how folks are having better luck getting them shipped halfway around the world than halfway across the country (or less) which speaks volumes about Americans lack of pride in their work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back