Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I finally missed one. Could not get out of work. Was able to hit Target before going in, but by the time I was able to get to either of the TRUs the Bowser Jr.s were gone. I guess paying $25-$30 for one of these things was bound to happen eventually. Just really wish TRU put some up online today, not sure why they didn't hold some stock for that.

Well, I finally missed one. Could not get out of work. Was able to hit Target before going in, but by the time I was able to get to either of the TRUs the Bowser Jr.s were gone. I guess paying $25-$30 for one of these things was bound to happen eventually. Just really wish TRU put some up online today, not sure why they didn't hold some stock for that.
Just buy a double and trade it for the one you need. Don't let some opinionated scab on here make you 2nd guess yourself for applying intelligence. About the only thing this thread is good for are the launch day stories.

Nothing like hearing some CAG who lives in his moms basement poke fun at amiibo collectors when he's already a rung lower then them to begin with.

I wouldn't be too quick to overpay for one. I suspect some more may pop up online over the next few days. Maybe TRU will put some Bowser Jr online too. My local TRU had a ton of Bowser Jr left at 6PM. I can't get back out there until later next week, but I'd pick one up for you if I can...

Wow didn't expect the 8-bit Mario to be this rare already. I saw a couple at Best Buy when picking up Super Mario Maker at noon. Would have picked it up for a CAG here if I would have known.

Target's around the nation have a ample amount of Dr. Marios because Target ordered enough to be produced from Nintendo so everyone can get one (and yes, they will sell out in a couple of days when people actually see a new Amiibo on the shelf), and it seems nobody wanted one. Well, once the people who don't track Amiibos on a daily basis see these Unicorns in the wild (a new Amiibo that hasn't been seen on shelves for months), they will sell. I'm glad an Amiibo lasted more then 10 minutes on the sale floor.

That sucks. Funny how folks are having better luck getting them shipped halfway around the world than halfway across the country (or less) which speaks volumes about Americans lack of pride in their work.
I don't think the issue is so much the individual, as it is the suits at the top making sure guys on the line package hundreds of orders an hour. I personally sale items on Ebay currently for my lively hood, and I can spend 10-30 minutes or more packaging certain items so they arrive safely. Most online retailers just don't take it that seriously. But I agree 100% American pride is at an all time low, and not improving anytime soon.

I just don't understand why Nintendo doesn't sell these on their website in conjunction with in store
NoA is just not capable. Years ago, they had tons of CS reps, and handled all things very well. Over the last few years once profits dried up, most things they did well have taken a HUGE hit. Running a competent online service would take resources they just don't have, or not willing to get.

I think it would more than pay for itself if ran well, as you have to spend money to make it, but once you start that downward slide of pinching pennies, as they have started to do, It becomes very hard to spend money on extra resources that aren't really necessary. Japan and EU run great shops, and considering how most brick & mortar store are a thing of the past in the US, this is just another area where "N" is behind the times.

I've a feeling they must have stocked stores better this time, or there's fewer people looking for figures.

I didn't even start looking anywhere until after a full workday, so I didn't see the inside of a store until 6PM.
Just by stopping at a Gamestop, Toys R Us and a Target, I was able to get all the figures that came out today. 
I even saw refreshers of both the Splatoon Amiibos AND the three pack. 

Toys R US had dozens of Bowser Jrs, Target had at least a dozen Dr. Marios. 
The only ones that seemed at all in short supply were the Classic Mario and Gannon- Olimar was EVERYWHERE, and in quantity, and Zero Suit Samus was in 2 of 3 places, and still in healthy numbers.

Just went to pre order FIFA at Best Buy and they had an good amount of 8 bit mario and ganondorf amiibo. Like... A box full. If I was into collecting every single one of them I'm sure I'd find success here

Forgot to mention that there were a few Olimar ones, but not as plentiful as the other 2

Last edited:
Just walked into my local Best Buy and found a ton of ZSS, Ganon, and Olimar. Only got Ganon with my 20%, but it looks like there's still a good chance of people finding these at their local stores if you've been lazy like me.

Walmart just cancelled my order that I placed at 3AM this morning. Now I have missed my chance to get them with Amazon online :whistle2:(

I did not get an email. Saw it when I checked my order status on the website.

So..I'm looking at the back of my boxes, and I noticed Olimar and Dr. Mario say Wii U/3DS.
Does anyone have an Olimar & Dr. Mario that just have the Wii U advertisement on the back?

Walmart just cancelled my order that I placed at 3AM this morning. Now I have missed my chance to get them with Amazon online :whistle2:(

I did not get an email. Saw it when I checked my order status on the website.
They cancelled mine too. One Olimar, Ganondorf, and ZSS. I didn't get an email either, I checked it when I read your post.

Man reading these stories are depressing, my place is just packed with earlier birds and scalpers. Hit up 1 TRU (sold out of all new figures), 2 GS (picked up an Olimar, other wise sold out of everything else), 1 Target (picked up a Dr Mario, sold out of everything else) and 1 Best Buy (sold out). Luckily I was able to get a Gannon, Samus, and another Olimar from Wally earlier this morning on the website. Now just hoping someone restocks on Mario and TRU puts Bowser on their website.

Sweet, I got everything I wanted.  TL;DR, after 2 trips, got Olimar, Dr. Mario, and Classic Mario.

This morning I ordered a Dr. Mario off Target.com.  At lunch, me and a friend hit up Best Buy to grab our copies Mario Maker.  While there, I was able to pick up an Olimar, they had several of all the new Amiibo (except 8-bit Mario :( ).  I really wanted 8-bit Mario, so I flagged someone and asked if any other Best Buys had some in stock.  Two other stores nearby did, but we didn't have time to go to a second store during lunch.  Headed back to work, then late in the afternoon I called up the two stores.  One had some in stock, the other was sold out.  After leaving work, I pick up my brother, and we book it to the Best Buy.

I rush back to the Amiibo area of the store, and none of the new Amiibo are there.  No space for them either.  So I wander around a bit, and see a few of the new Amiibo on display in the island in the middle of the store.  But no 8-bit Mario.  I flag someone and ask them, mentioning that I'd recently called and confirmed they had some in stock.  Ended up snagging their last 2.  One for me, one for my buddy, who is getting into the Amiibo game with this figure and Dr. Mario. :twisted:  I've been egging him on all day to buy his first Amiibo to get him hooked, muahaha.

Purchasing a product with the sole intention/for the sole purpose of reselling that same product at a higher price is not scalping. Hmmm, can't say that's the most intelligent statement I've heard today.

Perhaps we should practice intelligence by exercising some critical thinking first. How long can a guy wear multiple layers in summer heat before he starts to reek of sweat? That's right. Wouldn't be long before he'd be stinking with the worst of 'em. Not to mention, he stunk up his dress clothes simultaneously. Good for him.

If you look closely, I'm not defending anyone--just stating that this dress code idea is ludicrous on its face. I tend to favor the practical. But I realize that some prefer to relish in the grandiose that comes from dressing the part. Even if (and especially when) acting is all they have.

Down here, should folks see the guy sporting a suit jacket while standing in line under the summer sun, most would think he had absolutely no sense. To be frank, the guy may be perceived as downright stupid for his selection. Or at the very least, extremely confused.

I understand looking nice if the situation calls for it, but let's not condone the ridiculous. You do want to continue smelling nice for as long as you possibly can after your shower, am I right. But hey, if it's below 50 where you're at, why not wear the suit? 

I just skipped Classic Mario today. The 8-bit Mario does look so much nicer in person, and I grew up with the Classic color scheme, but I've always loved Modern Mario more. In the end, the red and blue Modern Mario just has a nicer color scheme. I'm fairly certain that if I wait a month, I can buy Modern Mario sans Wii U. Something similar happened with the Mario Party Bundle anyway.

Other than that, I got everything I wanted. Like others have said, it was easy.  Nice change of pace from Wave 4. Now if only Woolly Yoshi amiibo would be this plentiful. It's still hard for me to believe that I'm more excited for these non-SSB amiibo than the ZSS and Mewtwo amiibo lol.

Was at GS at open, got all the new ones. Drove to TRU got Bowser Jr, and then Target and got Dr. Mario and the cube. Picked up the game at BB w/ GCU. Now it's time to kick back and relax. All my stores were pretty picked over. I seen a lot of Dr. Mario and Bowser Jr at their respected stores, and a lot of ZSS at Best Buy, but other than that everything was picked over. Hope everyone got what they were looking for, I just hope Wooly World is this easy, and I'm praying the AC figures aren't a disaster trying to find (maybe even get a reprint for Villager) :pray:

just started picking up amiibos (not a hardcore collector) and have been going off the IGN Amiibo rarity guide. At my local gamestop they had Olimar, Ganondorf, and ZSS of the new wave. I passed on the new wave and got Charizard and the Splatoon 3-Pack.

I was torn between Charizard and ZSS but went with Charizard since it was "Rare" as opposed to uncommon. I am worried I may regret not getting ZSS since she is one of my top 3 in Smash. Are all the amiibos in the new wave hard to find?

just started picking up amiibos (not a hardcore collector) and have been going off the IGN Amiibo rarity guide. At my local gamestop they had Olimar, Ganondorf, and ZSS of the new wave. I passed on the new wave and got Charizard and the Splatoon 3-Pack.

I was torn between Charizard and ZSS but went with Charizard since it was "Rare" as opposed to uncommon. I am worried I may regret not getting ZSS since she is one of my top 3 in Smash. Are all the amiibos in the new wave hard to find?
Yeah buddy, you're screwed. You shoulda put them on credit.

Managed to pick up all 4 available from my local BBY. Was afraid they were sold out when I got there cause it was in the afternoon and the shelves were empty. Luckily I asked the associate and found out they didn't even put them out yet.

if anyone needs help getting olimar, zss, Ganon, or 8 bit Mario, I can check again tomorrow and get some for cost + shipping. They had about 2-3 boxes of each character, but not to over load myself, I can only help the first handful of people that ask pending stock, what they are missing, and whatnot. in addition to that, they have to be contributing members of cag and not known resellers, sorry lurkers and scalpers but yea..

Managed to pick up all 4 available from my local BBY. Was afraid they were sold out when I got there cause it was in the afternoon and the shelves were empty. Luckily I asked the associate and found out they didn't even put them out yet.

if anyone needs help getting olimar, zss, Ganon, or 8 bit Mario, I can check again tomorrow and get some for cost + shipping. They had about 2-3 boxes of each character, but not to over load myself, I can only help the first handful of people that ask pending stock, what they are missing, and whatnot. in addition to that, they have to be contributing members of cag and not known resellers, sorry lurkers and scalpers but yea..
I'll be interested in an 8 bit Mario. Thanks for offering.

Was pretty shocked when I got to work today and we still had 2 3 zero suit samus and 4 olimars. I did sell them by the end of the day though.

How is it? I could get a seasonal job for the holidays at my local Gamestop.
Its not to bad. Can go from dead to real busy real quick though. It helps a lot already knowing a lot about all the different sytems so its really easy to help people get whats right for them.

The hired me in as the starting leveling but told me with my experience that they want to get me going on the basics first and move up and take over a store so hopefully that happens fast.

As far as trade bans i think I can only see that you are banned. I can try and see what more I can see next time im in though.

Its not to bad. Can go from dead to real busy real quick though. It helps a lot already knowing a lot about all the different sytems so its really easy to help people get whats right for them.

The hired me in as the starting leveling but told me with my experience that they want to get me going on the basics first and move up and take over a store so hopefully that happens fast.

As far as trade bans i think I can only see that you are banned. I can try and see what more I can see next time im in though.
Thanks for the answer, hope you can move on up.

Don't end up being that GameStop employee everyone here hates.

There were 30 Bowser Jr at my TRU.  I can check tomorrow if anyone needs one to trade.  Walked in at noon expecting to find nothing, I get the last Ganondorf, last 1 of 2 8-bit marios.  They had plenty of Olimars and ZSS.

There was a video I found that shows how to remove a piece that blocks the figure from being read without removing it from the package. Any idea if this has changed on the latest wave? I haven't opened any of the figures yet but I'd like to use them.

Cag's in independence & lees summit if you looking for ganondorf, olimar, zero suit samus check out games stop in lees summit by super walmart or check gs's in the independence mall. Also, lees summit super target sill have 25 plus dr. Mario after 9:30 pm. Good luck ;)

Possible classic mario restock soon!

@#$% Walmart! I was in Fred Meyer and got classic but didn't buy anything else because Walmart had my back. Since there's no Tru within 200 miles of me: my parents got me Bowser Jr., but didn't get me anything else because Walmart had my back. My parents went to Best Buy and went through a long list of everything they had but I said, "Nope, I got everything!". Then I have to read that Walmart is cancelling in this thread because they don't even have the decency to send me an email telling me they cancelled! I was watching Netflix and chilling (for real) when I saw this thread. It was 9:15PM and Fred Meyer closes at 10:00pm but they're like the only ones who could still have anything around here. I raced over there (25 minutes away) and was able to get Ganny, Oli, and Sammi... So I'm good, but #%@! Walmart!

WM cancelled my order too. No email at all !!!!! I'm glad that I did not put all my eggs in one basket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back