Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
@#$% Walmart! I was in Fred Meyer and got classic but didn't buy anything else because Walmart had my back. Since there's no Tru within 200 miles of me: my parents got me Bowser Jr., but didn't get me anything else because Walmart had my back. My parents went to Best Buy and went through a long list of everything they had but I said, "Nope, I got everything!". Then I have to read that Walmart is cancelling in this thread because they don't even have the decency to send me an email telling me they cancelled! I was watching Netflix and chilling (for real) when I saw this thread. It was 9:15PM and Fred Meyer closes at 10:00pm but they're like the only ones who could still have anything around here. I raced over there (25 minutes away) and was able to get Ganny, Oli, and Sammi... So I'm good, but #%@! Walmart!
fuck walmart, shop at fred meyers.

My day ended well. I overslept and missed target/walamrt at opening. Wife went to walmart at 8:30 as i went to target. Target had dr mario, skipped as I had.

Went to bestbuy:, no one on line at first. Wife and 1 were 2nd and 3rd online as some guy ran in front out of nowhere. We get in at 10 they had them behind the counter, 1st guy asks for bowser jr. I tell him its tru exclusive and he freaks out, gets 8-bit mario and runs off for TRU.

Im up want 8-bit and zero suit (as i missed out on her from eur)...told one per a person total. Figure oh well get 8 bit as does my wife. She goes to back to walmart (she had some site to store order for ur bed to get) and i hit gamestop..they have zero,olimar etc and charizard.

I figure what the hell im off, went to 2nd bestbuy nadda left. Another 15min away figure why not and i find 2nd 8-bit and zero suit was a good day.

Hit up another target and bestbuy to check on some skylander stuff. Target by noon was out of everything and tru had tons of bowser jr, zero and olimar. They had no ganondorf thou. Didnt bother to get as i had them from EUR release. 

Overall this was an easy wave minus 8-bit being a tad hard to find but overall was great. :)

It's good to see quite a lot of people had success at getting what they wanted yesterday. Hopefully the new waves are starting to get a little bit easier at obtaining them.

@#$% Walmart! I was in Fred Meyer and got classic but didn't buy anything else because Walmart had my back. Since there's no Tru within 200 miles of me: my parents got me Bowser Jr., but didn't get me anything else because Walmart had my back. My parents went to Best Buy and went through a long list of everything they had but I said, "Nope, I got everything!". Then I have to read that Walmart is cancelling in this thread because they don't even have the decency to send me an email telling me they cancelled! I was watching Netflix and chilling (for real) when I saw this thread. It was 9:15PM and Fred Meyer closes at 10:00pm but they're like the only ones who could still have anything around here. I raced over there (25 minutes away) and was able to get Ganny, Oli, and Sammi... So I'm good, but #%@! Walmart!
Thanks for mentioning Fred Meyer. I'll have to check them out tomorrow. I had no idea there were new Amiibos out at all. But I was at Target around 8pm and got the last 8-bit Mario and nearly the last Olimar. They had tons of Dr. Mario (I'm assuming that is new - I've never seen it before) and did not, apparently, have Ganondorf or Bowser Jr, is it? So I'll look for those last two at Fred Meyer.

Edit: Ok, Bowser Jr is a TRU excliusive. So Zero Suit Samus is the other I can get at FM I guess. I think I have some rewards credit from TRU. Hopefully I can get Bowser Jr. tomorrow still.

Just made my first amiibo purchases yesterday.  I was going to hit up Toys R Us then Best buy but traffic was so bad so I went to the Gamestop on my way home and picked up Zero Suit Samus (they had plenty) and the last Anniversary Mario. Pleasant experience for me!

Just made my first amiibo purchases yesterday. I was going to hit up Toys R Us then Best buy but traffic was so bad so I went to the Gamestop on my way home and picked up Zero Suit Samus (they had plenty) and the last Anniversary Mario. Pleasant experience for me!
Welcome to the madness of amiibo :)

I can go in and Buy ANY Disney Infinity Character for the next like 9 months with NO problems

Nintendo can slove this in about 5 seconds.....put up pre orders....then make enough to supply your fans (even if I have to wait a little longer it will be worth it over this BS and buying off the secondary market)
You're not wrong, but you're comparing this to the complete opposite end of the spectrum. It's no secret that Disney WAY overproduced on the Infinity figs(especially 2.0), a mistake that Nintendo doesn't want to follow suit on. I wish this would be more like the Skylanders Gen 1 release, where for the first 6-12 months they couldn't keep up with demand and, outside of the handful of commons, everything was hard to find.

It's difficult, finding that sweet spot for production, and while they have a long way to go they actually have done better. My theory is once they finish up with the Smash set (50+ figures for your first real foray into this type of thing is massive, let alone the other lines) then things will become a bit easier to find. I still believe they should have only focused on Smash until they were done... The SMB series could have waited and everything else could have been pushed out aside from Chibi and maybe yarn yoshi(people would still buy those a year after the game releases).

They bit off way more than they could chew and severely underestimated the market for these the first few rounds of production.

Awesome. Let me start by saying that Wal-mart did not list a limit for Ganondorf on his page, and that I received no warning or alteration in making my order, as I would receive on GameStop, or even Target.com. I've purchased Amiibo from Wal-mart on multiple occasions, and even ordered Olimar, ZSS, and 8-bit mario the exact same way. I always get 2 of each Amiibo when possible, it's my goal.

They canceled my Ganondorf order, without any notification. Looking at the times, it seems if they had notified me, I could have possibly gotten one on Amazon. They didn't allow me to reduce my order, as other stores have done before, they just flat out canceled, with no notification, and I pretty much ordered the exact moment Ganondorf went up. I don't mind adhering to limits, there's other ways to get Amiibos, however they had no stated limits, and no warning of limits. Their process of cancellation without notice, prevented me from ordering from other locations. I would have been at Target for opening at a chance to get a second Ganondorf if they had at least notified me and only allowed me to order 1 Ganon.

This is very disappointing, now I'll have to find another way to get Ganon, or just not get him at all since I'm not paying scalpers. They didn't touch my other orders btw, they're even already marked as shipping.

Well, that was surprisingly easy.  Called 2 TRU's I'll be going by today and they both had 30+ Bowser Jr's left...have one on hold at each store.  Works out since my wife actually wants one too.

Well, that was surprisingly easy.  Called 2 TRU's I'll be going by today and they both had 30+ Bowser Jr's left...have one on hold at each store.  Works out since my wife actually wants one too.

Ran to TRU after work last night but they claimed to be out of Bowser Jr, no new amiibo at all. Their was a couple arguing because they had just called an hour ago and we're told they had a "ton." Also found it hard to believe because this store has told me they're out of stuff before when a manager then pulls said item out of the back. Drove a half hour to another TRU that said they had tons, easily picked it up. I also had to go out to this store to get Greninja, they had gotten 140 of them, it helps that the town is kind of out of the way. Only waiting on Dr Mario from my Target shipment, and I'm perfect on my SSB line so far.

Ended up going to TRU at 8:45 last night and they still had plenty of Bowser Jr, Ganondorf, Zero Suit Samus, and Olimar.  Only the 30th Anniversary Mario was sold out at that time.  Ended up getting Bowser Jr since I already secured the rest online.  Overall a pretty decent amount of stock among all retailers it would seem.

i really lucked out today when i went to toysrus. didnt see any bowser jrs. went to look at the star wars stuff and then started to leave the store, as i step out the aisle my friend who also happened to be looking for bowser jr  saw me and started talking to me, had toysrus check the stores in the area and they all came up negative. he told me he wanted one for his cousin since he already had gotten one yesterday for himself and as we were walking towards the front of the store he noticed a lone bowser jr sitting in a toy bin in the main aisle and gave it right to me since I hooked him up with a metaknight when the released earlier in the year. its great to have friends into amiibo cause i would have never seen it in that bin!

TLDR i got the last bowser jr at my store because my friend found one in a random bin

Just left TRU and they had ZSS, jr, Olimar. Polaris CBus Ohio. Did not realize SW 3.75 figs on sale. Want Kylo Ren. Also did not realize Superchargers comes out next week. Infinity, amiibo, SW, Superchargers. Thank God I have a good job.

F walmart -- they canceled my entire order. I was able to get the rest today with the exception of Zero Suit... and that was the one I really wanted.. :(

Just left TRU and they had ZSS, jr, Olimar. Polaris CBus Ohio. Did not realize SW 3.75 figs on sale. Want Kylo Ren. Also did not realize Superchargers comes out next week. Infinity, amiibo, SW, Superchargers. Thank God I have a good job.
Don't forget Lego Dimensions. I'm going to be all over that as soon as that Doctor Who set hits.

I hope there's LOTS of black friday promos for all of these.

My Wal-Mart order is still processing. I'm getting a little nervous hearing all this talk about cancellations.

Don't forget Lego Dimensions. I'm going to be all over that as soon as that Doctor Who set hits.
I hope there's LOTS of black friday promos for all of these.
Putting my foot down on Lego Dimensions and AC amiibo (I did pre order the AC 3DS). I just had to stop myself from buying our 11th hermit crab. Real world problems. SMH (insert f's given gif).

Was too busy to post yesterday but I stopped at Walmart on the way into work. No new Amiibo's but they had the Mario Maker Wii U bundle. Went to Best Buy at opening and there were two other people waiting. We all made a beeline to the Amiibo area but there was nothing new out. An employee told us they were all behind the customer service counter, which was pretty smart.
They had 6x Ganondorf, 6x Classic Mario, 8x Olimar and 8x Zero Suit Samus. We each asked for a classic Mario and everything else was untouched.
Gonna head to TRU at some point for Bowser Jr but from what I am reading, he is more than plentiful.

Was too busy to post yesterday but I stopped at Walmart on the way into work. No new Amiibo's but they had the Mario Maker Wii U bundle. Went to Best Buy at opening and there were two other people waiting. We all made a beeline to the Amiibo area but there was nothing new out. An employee told us they were all behind the customer service counter, which was pretty smart.
They had 6x Ganondorf, 6x Classic Mario, 8x Olimar and 8x Zero Suit Samus. We each asked for a classic Mario and everything else was untouched.
Gonna head to TRU at some point for Bowser Jr but from what I am reading, he is more than plentiful.
The TRU I went to this morning had about 20 Bowser Jrs. on display and the guy working the counter said they had three more boxes in the back. You'll be okay.

My four-stop shopping today.

1. Went to Toys R Us.  Absolutely no Wave 5 amiibo, though there were signs up about 1 per customer.  The staff in the video games section were busy working on getting the XBox One to work, so I just left.  I was surprised to see SSB Yoshi, Peach, and Donkey Kong still on the shelves.  I thought about them for a second but changed my mind.  I'll go again tomorrow to ask if there are any Bowser Jr. left that just aren't out on a shelf.

2. Went to Best Buy and grabbed the very last Wave 5 amiibo, Zero Suit Samus.

3. Went to Target.  There were still about eight Dr. Mario amiibo but no other Wave 5s, so I passed on it.

4. Went to Gamestop.  A kid right in front of me grabbed the last Ganondorf on the rack, but I got an Olimar.  As I was checking out, I saw a Ganondorf on the counter and inquired.  Guy was just letting them sit out there on the counter, so I was able to get myself that one as well.

I've really been avoiding amiibo because I like to collect at my own pace, but Wave 5 has a lot of the quirky SSB characters, so I got interested again.

My Wal-Mart order for just one Ganon, Olimar, and ZSS is still processing.  I paid via paypal and they just now charged me, so that might be a good sign.

I went out today and the Canton, OH Toys R Us has 15-20 ZSS's and Olimar's and literally over 100 Bowser Jr's.  They had six sealed boxes of Bowser's sitting behind the desk.  They didn't have any 30th Mario or Ganon.

I bought an Olimar and ZSS just in case my Wal Mart order gets cancelled.

Was too busy to post yesterday but I stopped at Walmart on the way into work. No new Amiibo's but they had the Mario Maker Wii U bundle. Went to Best Buy at opening and there were two other people waiting. We all made a beeline to the Amiibo area but there was nothing new out. An employee told us they were all behind the customer service counter, which was pretty smart.
My experience was the exact opposite. Got to best buy 2 hours early and was first in line. When the doors opened I made a bee line to customer service where they informed me, they put them all on the shelf. I ran to the other side of the store and half of everyone who was in line were already going through what was on the shelf. I was lucky and able to get all the chars I wanted but holy shit it was like "why the fuck did I just wait in line for 2 hours when I ended up being last place anyways."

Really, my only saving grace is that other stores had exclusives and this wave was stocked well comparatively. Otherwise I'm sure I would have been boned.

After seeing a bunch of people's Walmart orders getting shitcanned with no notice, I went to follow up on mine (I got all the characters at TRU so I put in a cancellation request for my Walmart order). Ironically enough I didn't get the cancellation in quickly enoughand they are now listed as having been shipped. I'll either take them back to the store or work with those of you here who are still in need.

Just think its kinda funny that they cancelled a bunch of people but forced me to take mine even though I put the request in the same day I ordered them.

After seeing a bunch of people's Walmart orders getting shitcanned with no notice, I went to follow up on mine (I got all the characters at TRU so I put in a cancellation request for my Walmart order). Ironically enough I didn't get the cancellation in quickly enoughand they are now listed as having been shipped. I'll either take them back to the store or work with those of you here who are still in need.

Just think its kinda funny that they cancelled a bunch of people but forced me to take mine even though I put the request in the same day I ordered them.
Same thing for me. Got them at Amazon so I put in a cancellation request for Walmart and they shipped it anyways.

I went to toys ru s and target not expecting to find anything and I was surprised to find Dr.Mario at Target they had about 15 of them. ToysRus had about 30 Bowser Jr and about 40 Olimars.

I ran by TRU, Gamestop, Best Buy, and Target in Florence, KY this afternoon. TRU had the new wave, as well as plenty of Bowser Jr. GS had Olimar, Ganondorf, and the new Mario. BBY didn't have any new one I could find. Target was pretty bare, except for Dr. Mario. They still had several.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back