Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
I have received 3 packages from target and all of them ca me perfect. Bestbuy is horrible and I've had bad luck with amazon at times
Best Buy is the best, boxes with air packets and fast shipping. Maybe it's because I'm an Elite Plus member but I have had no problems with Best Buy.

And yet you keep responding.

Just pointing out what a whiny turd you're acting like.
If you want to resort to name calling.

Are you done yet?
Pot calling the kettle black much? Take a really good look in the mirror lately? If there's one thing I can't stand it's a resounding hypocrite. Responds with a whiny response about someone else responding, then asks if they are done yet. Lmao! Really? I'm finished with you, nothing left to say. If you wish to continue on further and make yourself look even more of a fool... be my guest. Night night. Sweet dreams sweetheart.

damn. prior Dark Editions didn't hang around months later right? guess I'll have to get the Wii one from TRU. I wonder if I can hold off getting the Wii U one from BB with gcu for at least a month.
They did last year, and some versions did the year before. The Wii one will likely be in shorter supply given only TRU will have it. However, the dark editions really don't go on sale until the year after at clearance time. When a Skylanders game goes on sale (like for Black Friday) it is always the regular version so no use waiting for a deal on the Dark one.

If you want the Dark edition, you are probably best off getting it then trading/selling the extra stuff while the value is still high. You also might be able to get some deal at TRU for their midnight release and get other Skylanders as part of the deal you can sell if you don't play that. Last year you got a free Adventure Pack ($26.99) with it, but only during the midnight event.

You can, however, hold out on the regular versions until next year for clearance prices to save some money. Black Friday is usually decent for Skylanders, but unless you need Christmas gifts, you can do much better early in the new year.

Just got back from my local Target and they still have a dozen Dr. Mario. I guess they made alot of them or is it just not that many people like it.

Just got back from my local Target and they still have a dozen Dr. Mario. I guess they made alot of them or is it just not that many people like it.
Still a ton at my Target also. I personally didn't get him because I don't like the game or figure. I did change my mind on the classic 8-bit Mario though. It looked way better in person so I couldn't pass him up. :)

They are numerous (they never went out of stock online as far as I know), and non-collectors (people that, you know, actually want to use them) are probably a bit hesitant to buy yet another Mario. This happens with Skylanders with their reposes, they finally came to the conclusion that simply reposing the figures with no real additional functionality eventually makes players become wise to the game.

In addition to that, rarity causes even more rarity. If a figure is perceived to be common, people don't go out of their way to get it (or multiple to sell/trade). Being hard to find makes people want it even more, and in turn harder to find.

They did last year, and some versions did the year before. The Wii one will likely be in shorter supply given only TRU will have it. However, the dark editions really don't go on sale until the year after at clearance time. When a Skylanders game goes on sale (like for Black Friday) it is always the regular version so no use waiting for a deal on the Dark one.

If you want the Dark edition, you are probably best off getting it then trading/selling the extra stuff while the value is still high. You also might be able to get some deal at TRU for their midnight release and get other Skylanders as part of the deal you can sell if you don't play that. Last year you got a free Adventure Pack ($26.99) with it, but only during the midnight event.

You can, however, hold out on the regular versions until next year for clearance prices to save some money. Black Friday is usually decent for Skylanders, but unless you need Christmas gifts, you can do much better early in the new year.
thanks for the input. I'll likely preorder Wii at TRU online and Wii U at Best Buy instore. I never played Skylanders even though I collected a few from wave 1/2 from the first series. I can get the non dark edition versions when the clearance sales start

Best Buy is the best, boxes with air packets and fast shipping. Maybe it's because I'm an Elite Plus member but I have had no problems with Best Buy.
I am elite plus also, lol. Bestbuy is hit or miss, I've received good packages, but lately they are sending amiibos on envelope!!!!. The last 3 shipments were like that, I just retured my 4th amiibo today

I am elite plus also, lol. Bestbuy is hit or miss, I've received good packages, but lately they are sending amiibos on envelope!!!!. The last 3 shipments were like that, I just retured my 4th amiibo today
That probably means they are shipping from a store, they have limited shipping supplies.

If they can make tons and tons of the store-exclusive amiibo I wonder why the rest aren't readily available? Maybe the stores order more, I honestly have no idea !

If they can make tons and tons of the store-exclusive amiibo I wonder why the rest aren't readily available? Maybe the stores order more, I honestly have no idea !
I'm sure part of it is the stores committing to a larger production run (meaning they pay for it, maybe even up front some), and also the amiibo don't have to be split up over so many locations that are necessary for multiple chains getting a figure.

I'm seeing couple version of Chibi Robo, a 29.99 which appear to be the game only, and a 39.99 which it's the official bundle.

I thought they were only going to release the bundle only in the US? or did they changed it?

I'm seeing couple version of Chibi Robo, a 29.99 which appear to be the game only, and a 39.99 which it's the official bundle.
I thought they were only going to release the bundle only in the US? or did they changed it?
The amiibo is only available in the bundle. The game can be purchased on it's own.

I believe it's always been the two choices of standalone game or the amiibo bundle. They did mention that the amiibo will only be avilable with the game bundle and not as a standalone amiibo like other regions. (Which is a shame because the amiibo box looks GREAT)

Hello there! Any insight as to why your company tends to wait a very healthy amount of time on updating online listings for stuff like special editions, amiibo bundles and such? Thnx
Hi domoniccc,

We like to make sure that the stock numbers are correct before we put up pre-orders. This results in less complaints and happier customers.

Hubert Joly

Best Buy CEO

Hi domoniccc,

We like to make sure that the stock numbers are correct before we put up pre-orders. This results in less complaints and happier customers.

Hubert Joly

Best Buy CEO
Look at that eloquence and class. 3 more years 3 more years!

I went to two Walmarts today for various reasons and checked on the Amiibos - one had an Olimar, four Ganondorfs and eight Zero Suit Samuses.  Wow.  

The other had six Olimars and four Ganondorfs.  And these were just kinda found in the afternoon.  It's so nice to just not have to try to find these, because I'm not camping for any more ever again.  I'm glad to have my effort-free Dr. Mario and Olimar.  It'd be kinda nice to find a Bowser Jr., too.

I went to two Walmarts today for various reasons and checked on the Amiibos - one had an Olimar, four Ganondorfs and eight Zero Suit Samuses. Wow.

The other had six Olimars and four Ganondorfs. And these were just kinda found in the afternoon. It's so nice to just not have to try to find these, because I'm not camping for any more ever again. I'm glad to have my effort-free Dr. Mario and Olimar. It'd be kinda nice to find a Bowser Jr., too.
BJ's everywhere dude. Have a TRU near you?

But what stage was it in when you tried to cancel, is the vital tid bit I think.
That seems to be the least important detail. I just added that in for some additional context. It wasn't related to what they asked.

I have no idea what stage it was in then. It's beyond "Processing" now (which is what they asked about)...

That seems to be the least important detail. I just added that in for some additional context. It wasn't related to what they asked.

I have no idea what stage it was in then. It's beyond "Processing" now (which is what they asked about)...
Oh with that added on it looked like you had assumed he was trying to cancel, ha. Hate that moment right after you complete an order, only to realize you forgot to add something to it, got the wrong thing, changed your mind, etc. and it gets pushed through too fast to cancel >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back