Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never been ripped off trading on CAG before but I have been bitched at and annoyed because it literally took more than a day or two to be delivered. Obviously YMMV depending on who you trade with but I've found CAG to be far less pleasant than say ebay or Amazon.... of course scammers on ebay are rampant, I'm sick of buying "new" just to get something that's obviously been opened the package half-assed repaired with tape....

Have you tried meeting people locally, like Craigslist or so? That's probably your best option.

Why do you have a bunch of duplicates from one store anyways?
I went to Target first and then BB ended up having them so I got them all from Best Buy with GCU.

And then I remembered I pre-ordered them all from Target.com :headache:. I need these things out of my house and the money back on my credit card. Figured I'd see if I could help anyone out but I am apprehensive since stories about stuff showing up late and then being bitched at is not appealing when I have zero incentive to make profit.

I went to Target first and then BB ended up having them so I got them all from Best Buy with GCU.

And then I remembered I pre-ordered them all from Target.com :headache:. I need these things out of my house and the money back on my credit card. Figured I'd see if I could help anyone out but I am apprehensive since stories about stuff showing up late and then being bitched at is not appealing when I have zero incentive to make profit.
Put them up in craigslist. I got my wave 5B back ups from GS yesterday and put them up for sale on the same day. Selling all of them today for like $80

Put them up in craigslist. I got my wave 5B back ups from GS yesterday and put them up for sale on the same day. Selling all of them today for like $80
4 amiibo for $80? You are probably going to get stabbed then robbed.

Nothing was late. People here seem to think that because they can get "free" 2 day shipping with Amazon that I should do the same, and get pissed when I don't. I've only ever sold commons I got as a gift, I'm already taking a loss, why the fuck should I pay out of pocket for faster shipping?

Last edited:
4 amiibo for $80? You are probably going to get stabbed then robbed.

Nothing was late. People here seem to think that because they can get "free" 2 day shipping with Amazon that I should do the same, and get pissed when I don't. I've only ever sold commons I got as a gift, I'm already taking a loss, why the fuck should I pay out of pocket for faster shipping?
That's why you meet in public places................

I've found my CAG transactions to be pleasant so far. I try to avoid eBay if at all possible because shipping and fees are just a hassle unless you're making an obscene profit from something. Other than flakey ass people I've never had an issue on Craigslist

Ok back to Amiibo, the Splatoon 3 pk I ordered from Target arrived yesterday and good thing it's a gift for my son who will use them because the card was crushed.
Still need to find a Bowser Jr. I've hit two TRU's within the past few days and didn't see him. Anyone know his RWeb number?

Just finally able to get in to the amiibo craze. Got all of 5b except classic mario. Really hoping they make more. Escpecially with Super Mario Maker as the big release you would think they'd make more.

I see that the retro 3 pack is still available to preorder online. So I will be heading in tom to preorder. Is it not going to be rare? It does seem like they are making more of these things which is good for people like me who actually want to collect not resell.

Is best buy not getting the yoshi and chibi robo versions that include their respective amiibo?

Did anyone receive their classic 8 bit Mario from groupin? I ordered ZSS, Olimar,and the 8bit Mario, and only ZSS and Olimar arrived. The tracking they have me for the 8bit Mario is stuck at shipping information received

I'm assuming you've never sold anything using craigslist
Probably more than you.

Ive sold several amiibo, a ps4 and 2 xbox ones through Craigs list and have had no issues at all.
OMFG the pill was a joke from AD. I'm the one who recommended CL over CAG in the first place.

That said, when somebody says they are willing to pay nearly double MSRP for something it almost always becomes a waste of time at best. Not that I'd know, I don't sell anything that high, but I've heard tons of stories both in person and online (a couple in this very thread) discussing it.

Last edited:
Bleh. I ordered the 3 Mii Fighters and 2 Woolly Yoshi amiibo from importers that use Prime on Amazon. Came to be around 18 bucks each. I don't know why I did it, but I just wanted them now and didn't want to wait. 

Bleh. I ordered the 3 Mii Fighters and 2 Woolly Yoshi amiibo from importers that use Prime on Amazon. Came to be around 18 bucks each. I don't know why I did it, but I just wanted them now and didn't want to wait.
Welcome to the laziness club. I'll be importing the Mii's along with Modern Mario sometime soon too.

Welcome to the laziness club. I'll be importing the Mii's along with Modern Mario sometime soon too.
I've been lazy. I usually import my stuff from Amazon JP and have them shipped to a friend who lives there. He then sends me all the stuff I order once every couple months. He's been holding the 3 Yoshi's, the two 8-bit Mario, the Mii Fighters, and some nendorid/figma figures for me for awhile, but he can't ship them out until late October now. I don't wanna wait that long, so I said screw it.

Does Nintendo World Store keep a pretty good stock now of uncommon and up amiibos. Also would they sell Modern Mario? I'll be visiting the city this weekend and www just curious. In May they didn't have much besides the usual you find at a store. The

the Yarn Yoshi have msrp of $16.99 or something like that. $18 per net is actually cheaper. It's definately a better option if you don't care about nib and/or the cardboard.

Probably more than you.

OMFG the pill was a joke from AD. I'm the one who recommended CL over CAG in the first place.

That said, when somebody says they are willing to pay nearly double MSRP for something it almost always becomes a waste of time at best. Not that I'd know, I don't sell anything that high, but I've heard tons of stories both in person and online (a couple in this very thread) discussing it.
Either way, I sold those 4 amiibo today for $80

My Gamestop orders of Wave 5B finally came in today and look mint so I went ahead and cancelled the Walmart orders that were stuck at processing.  Now to figure out what I'm actualy returning, lol

I really only wanted 8 Bit Mario, but impulse bought everything lol. I now have to take everything back except 8 Bit Mario, I even bought the Splatoon 3 pack. I don't even play Splatoon anymore.

I really only wanted 8 Bit Mario, but impulse bought everything lol. I now have to take everything back except 8 Bit Mario, I even bought the Splatoon 3 pack. I don't even play Splatoon anymore.
Anymore? What happened, did it get boring already? I bought it for my son, but I haven't given it to him yet(acting up at school), but he loves it every time they have the "test fire" demo running. I'm curious if I might like it to?

Its a pretty fun game, and they update it a lot for free. It can get boring at times because they rotate 2 maps every 2 hours i think so if you start right when the maps rotate you can get bored after awhile.

Anymore? What happened, did it get boring already? I bought it for my son, but I haven't given it to him yet(acting up at school), but he loves it every time they have the "test fire" demo running. I'm curious if I might like it to?
It was fun. I powered through to level 20 and beat the game so I could unlock the gun I wanted. I then had to beat it for my wife so she could have the gun that she wanted lol. I played it a lot up through the 2nd splatfest then I just lost interest. It's a really fun game, but now the cap is raised and the last two splatfest haven't intrigued me at all and the new content hasn't been enough to bring me back. My wife still plays it on occasion, but I have only touched it maybe 1-2 times in the last 2 months.

Just got my zero suit from target, it was my first damaged one I've received, rest were fine, should i riot now or later??
Im in the same boat, except my Dr. Mario came open in the back(Have to go back on Friday and get another one) and my Zero Suit from amazon came a little open on the top and bended on the top..I already got a 5 dollar refund from amazon but still contemplating whether or not to just return it, hope I can get another one I hate damaged amiibo boxes

Im in the same boat, except my Dr. Mario came open in the back(Have to go back on Friday and get another one) and my Zero Suit from amazon came a little open on the top and bended on the top..I already got a 5 dollar refund from amazon but still contemplating whether or not to just return it, hope I can get another one I hate damaged amiibo boxes
Been flirting with the idea of opening my 40+ amiibo, and the damaged zss box is tipping me over. Mostly wanting to open due to space, I have them all showcased but still need rest of smash, Chibi, yarn yoshi's, modern mario, all the animal crossing it would literally take my entire wall and that's a bit ridiculous! So I'm stopping myself at two vertical floating ikea shelves! I'll keep a couple of my faves boxed though.

Been flirting with the idea of opening my 40+ amiibo, and the damaged zss box is tipping me over. Mostly wanting to open due to space, I have them all showcased but still need rest of smash, Chibi, yarn yoshi's, modern mario, all the animal crossing it would literally take my entire wall and that's a bit ridiculous! So I'm stopping myself at two vertical floating ikea shelves! I'll keep a couple of my faves boxed though.
Whats funny is that I have all these amiibos yet I have opened NONE OF THEM..never even tried them, heck I dont even know how to use them LOL I just keep them all nice and aligned because to me they are more like collectors items..but I just cant stand looking at an amiibo box that is bended and opened even if just a little bit, if I can get another zero suit great, if not I will just ask amazon if there is anyway to reimburse me the entire amount because that is ridiculous that they would even send me one already damaged

Whats funny is that I have all these amiibos yet I have opened NONE OF THEM..never even tried them, heck I dont even know how to use them LOL I just keep them all nice and aligned because to me they are more like collectors items..but I just cant stand looking at an amiibo box that is bended and opened even if just a little bit, if I can get another zero suit great, if not I will just ask amazon if there is anyway to reimburse me the entire amount because that is ridiculous that they would even send me one already damaged
Yup, I feel u. The shipping box was in great condition and the packaging was great. Seems like it was busted before they even shipped it.

Was able to finally find Bowser Jr today. Putting it away for my youngest for Christmas. Glad to be taking care of some early Christmas shopping and not scrambling closer to the holidays.

I feel your dilemma. On the one hand the figures opened look far better on display & require less space (hot wheels come to mind) but once they are opened the value immediately drops at least $5 a figure for commons and far more for rares. This is when the mind goes to "Well, if I'm going to keep them anyway's what difference does it make?" but still it's really difficult to open something like this knowing it drops the value even if it might be more logical to open them from every other aspect. If I were you and did open them I'd take care to keep packages in good shape (youtube shows how to open amiibo without harming package much) and sell all the packages on ebay since I'm sure someone would give you a decent price for them. Even if it averages out a buck a package that's that much more reason to open them. Just my 2 cents worth.

It's an awesome game. Ive had it since launch and still love playing it. Have yet to get bored with it & am only at level 19. Just don't play it 24/7 and you will be fine. They rotate maps every 4 hours, but there are two each for ranked and non ranked matches for a total of 4 in rotation. Plus you can choose from any map you want in private battles. Single player mode, splatfests, free dlc, amiibo challenge modes, buying and upgrading new gear and guns.... There's plenty to do.

I feel your dilemma. On the one hand the figures opened look far better on display & require less space (hot wheels come to mind) but once they are opened the value immediately drops at least $5 a figure for commons and far more for rares. This is when the mind goes to "Well, if I'm going to keep them anyway's what difference does it make?" but still it's really difficult to open something like this knowing it drops the value even if it might be more logical to open them from every other aspect. If I were you and did open them I'd take care to keep packages in good shape (youtube shows how to open amiibo without harming package much) and sell all the packages on ebay since I'm sure someone would give you a decent price for them. Even if it averages out a buck a package that's that much more reason to open them. Just my 2 cents worth.
Don't over estimate the value of these. They are catching up with demand and have shown no sign of stopping. I think we will keep seeing reprints, especially once the smash series is done. I bet 10 years from now maybe one or two will be worth more than $20, but for the most part there will be plenty around for cheap. It's a lot like Star Wars figures. The original figures in mint condition are rare and worth a lot because no one thought to keep them mint. In the 90's, tons of collectors kept theirs mint and now you can have your choice of pretty much any figure for $5. People have been collecting Amiibos since they started, and I think it would almost be fair to say that more people have them sealed than opened...there will be people cleaning these out of their closets for years to come.

It's an awesome game. Ive had it since launch and still love playing it. Have yet to get bored with it & am only at level 19. Just don't play it 24/7 and you will be fine. They rotate maps every 4 hours, but there are two each for ranked and non ranked matches for a total of 4 in rotation. Plus you can choose from any map you want in private battles. Single player mode, splatfests, free dlc, amiibo challenge modes, buying and upgrading new gear and guns.... There's plenty to do.
Thanks for the info, I'm always happy to see a quality new IP from "N". Sadly, they don't happen enough.

Don't over estimate the value of these. They are catching up with demand and have shown no sign of stopping. I think we will keep seeing reprints, especially once the smash series is done. I bet 10 years from now maybe one or two will be worth more than $20, but for the most part there will be plenty around for cheap. It's a lot like Star Wars figures. The original figures in mint condition are rare and worth a lot because no one thought to keep them mint. In the 90's, tons of collectors kept theirs mint and now you can have your choice of pretty much any figure for $5. People have been collecting Amiibos since they started, and I think it would almost be fair to say that more people have them sealed than opened...there will be people cleaning these out of their closets for years to come.
This is so true. Even for comic books, what made the old ones valuable is parents throwing out their kids old Action Comics #1. These days too many people buy and seal in a polybag right away. No one did that back then, therefore getting a close to mint one is ridiculously rare. Skylanders, Amiibos, Infinity - none will have long term value because enough people recognize them as "potentially valuable" and many keep them in box. If you like displaying them like that, then cool - but don't expect your packaged Amiibo collection to have much collectible value. The only potentially valuable ones are the ones made intentionally rare - examples: the chase variant Skylanders, E3 editions, employee special editions, etc. And if it is a normal, non-special edition, you always have the threat that the manufacturer will simply re-issue them down the line - if something is in demand it makes sense for them to make more, they don't profit from people making loads on EBay.

I decided when I started I was going to open everything, then I found a Marth at a store, and decided to keep a sealed one.  Then, I traded for a sealed Villager...and before long I had a sealed set and an open set.  I have to bring a friend to every new wave to get 2 figures.  Then those friends want to keep them for themselves, and I then need to make new friends.

If you have any tendency towards OCD, don't mix and match open and sealed.  Trust me.

If you have any tendency towards OCD, don't mix and match open and sealed. Trust me.
This is my problem lol. It was bothering the crap out of me having some opened, now I just buy two of each.

Unlike others in this thread though, I don't keep mine sealed because of value. I just think they look better in the box, and I love the artwork on the box in general. I still keep the boxes of the ones I open 'cuz I like them so much. I'll probably cut the plastic off so I can save the backcards eventually.

This is my problem lol. It was bothering the crap out of me having some opened, now I just buy two of each.

Unlike others in this thread though, I don't keep mine sealed because of value. I just think they look better in the box, and I love the artwork on the box in general. I still keep the boxes of the ones I open 'cuz I like them so much. I'll probably cut the plastic off so I can save the backcards eventually.
I was doing the same but sealed ones take so much space, wave 5 and on has only been one, except for classic Mario.

This is how I feel. I like the way they look in the original packaging, regardless of value. I like being able to pick one up and look at the back of the box, in fact that's probably my favorite thing to do with the few older action figures that I actually have CIB. Losing 20 or 30 dollars or whatever because I opened it isn't that impactful to me, it's more about losing the ability to display the item in that manner.

I basically just bought two of the ones I wanted to open and use...and I've gotten extremely lucky that those have been mainly commons. Mario, Luigi, DK, Wario, Mega Man, and now 8-bit Mario. If I had to seek out a 2nd Villager or Little Mac just to open one, my wallet would be feeling the pain.

Yup, I feel u. The shipping box was in great condition and the packaging was great. Seems like it was busted before they even shipped it.
Exactly and why ship an item that is already damaged before it even enters the box..the shipment didnt cause the box to open up a little bit on the top, it didnt cause the amiibo to bend, it occured BEFORE shipment, geez if these people would just look before they ship we wouldnt have to deal with having to find another one..and ZSS is a hard one to find, if I cant find one tomorrow I will just see what amazon can do for me

Weird toys increase in value. There have been Ben 10 characters that I bought my son and the value increased. I started buying duplicates to keep in box and do the same with some Marvel Infinite characters. He has so many that I leave them in the basement and he has to do something special to earn the toy. Problem is that so many new toys are released he forgets what is down there. I have Masters of the Universe figures from 2 years ago. Pre ordered Wii U Skylanders yesterday for the Skymibo. I will have to get the 3ds version which is a racing game to get the Bowser Skymibo. We have all the previous versions of Skylanders b/ this will be the first Wii U version. Today I noticed that he has not opened all of the Trap Team characters. I will remind him of this when I just pick up the game, a character and a vehicle or two on Sunday.

Weird toys increase in value. There have been Ben 10 characters that I bought my son and the value increased. I started buying duplicates to keep in box and do the same with some Marvel Infinite characters. He has so many that I leave them in the basement and he has to do something special to earn the toy. Problem is that so many new toys are released he forgets what is down there. I have Masters of the Universe figures from 2 years ago. Pre ordered Wii U Skylanders yesterday for the Skymibo. I will have to get the 3ds version which is a racing game to get the Bowser Skymibo. We have all the previous versions of Skylanders b/ this will be the first Wii U version. Today I noticed that he has not opened all of the Trap Team characters. I will remind him of this when I just pick up the game, a character and a vehicle or two on Sunday.
I've done pretty much the same with some of my son. I tend to buy them all at launch and then he earns them over time. Sometimes i forget thou they are in the closet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back