Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
sometimes I wonder why I even bother making detailed posts
Your strategy seems like the most expensive way to me. It also seems like the most difficult route given retailers are limiting purchases. I'm not sure if you've done any card collecting before but trading is pretty much always a given.

In either case just because you made a long post wouldn't mean people have to agree with you.

Went on a wild goose chase after work since I randomly checked Ganondorf's Target page and it said that he was in stock at all of the Targets around me. Of course, the nearest one didn't have him anywhere in sight (though they did have a lone ZSS and Olimar, along with the super commons like Mario and Zelda), but I'm fairly sure someone there's hiding them or such, as I've had a lot of trouble with that store in the past, with earlier waves. Drove to the Target I used to work at afterwards and they had two Ganondorfs and a bunch of ZSS/Olimar/Dr. Mario (especially the latter - they had at least four pegs' worth of him). I bought both of them - one for me and one for my brother (huge Ganondorf fan). No classic Marios in sight, sadly, but I really don't need him. The design's just a little neat.

I have a Ganondorf and ZSS coming from Gamestop that I don't think I'll need now (only bought the latter to get free shipping because Gamestop wouldn't let me order two of the former), so if they end up being rare, I'll sell them to one of you guys for whatever it costs me to break even. I'll probably just end up returning them in store, as it looks like a lot of stores are getting restocks.

From Amazon. Looks like Digby will only be sold in this bundle at first for a limited time before being sold separately. The box also shows the three amiibo cards that come with the game which are shown to be "unique " editions of Goldie, Rosie and Stitches.

animal-crossing-amiibo-festival-boxart-bundle.jpg

I've been waiting for over two weeks for my Jigglypuff and Silver Mario to arrive. I'm going to email them about a refund. I'll post how it goes.
Target gave me a gift card for the equivalent of the price of the amiibos. I'm okay with this!

Also, at the Target by me they had a crapload of Dr Marios.

Kansas city or kansas CAG's check out your local NFM.com instore only for more classic mario amiibo restock. They have small shipment on the way, be nice to the gaming employees they hook you up 1 with free ups. You can call on the phone & ask them check they inventory. Good luck :)

Can I ask a.stupid question? I don't open my amiibos, I buy them to collect and display. I bought a second Dr mario and opened to put on my desk (I am a physician ). I am taking him to the office on monday. I already scanned him and got his costume for mario maker. What about smash bross? Do I need to scan only once or do I need to keep the amiibo around and scan every time I play the game?can I use one for both 3ds and Wii u version?

Can I ask a.stupid question? I don't open my amiibos, I buy them to collect and display. I bought a second Dr mario and opened to put on my desk (I am a physician ). I am taking him to the office on monday. I already scanned him and got his costume for mario maker. What about smash bross? Do I need to scan only once or do I need to keep the amiibo around and scan every time I play the game?
Lol, you had the same idea I had. I'm finishing up medical school and bought 4 Dr. Mario's to put on my desk at school and back at my apartment. Already got hilarious comments and people wanting to do the same from other classmates of mine.

You can only use one Dr. Mario in one game so if you want to use him in Smash you'll have delete the Mario Maker save then scan him into smash. That's part of the reason I bought so many. Scanned one into to Mario Maker and one into Smash.

Lol, you had the same idea I had. I'm finishing up medical school and bought 4 Dr. Mario's to put on my desk at school and back at my apartment. Already got hilarious comments and people wanting to do the same from other classmates of mine.

You can only use one Dr. Mario in one game so if you want to use him in Smash you'll have delete the Mario Maker save then scan him into smash. That's part of the reason I bought so many. Scanned one into to Mario Maker and one into Smash.
but it was already scanned and I got the costume. If I delete the save game do I lose the costume?

How I dod that? and do I need to keep y amiibo around for smash or just scan once?

but it was already scanned and I got the costume. If I delete the save game do I lose the costume?

How I dod that? and do I need to keep y amiibo around for smash or just scan once?
Mario Maker doesn't create a save on the amiibo, it only reads the chip. So you're fine there.

However, because of the way the Smash functionality works you'd need to have him around to constantly scan in and save.

So.. tell the mods they dont do enough and instead of rising up they do less? I wonder at what point people say screw it and go to a different deal site.

It's normal. The promo shots have it as well. That spot on the modern Mario is white based off the pics I've seen. No clue what it's purpose is having that color there.
It's where the name plate (the M) goes, but as the hardware only allowed three colors on the Mario sprite, they went with the most appropriate choice.

I will have a very happy 8 year old that had a great football game today. I told him he had to get at least 2 tackles to get games.[attachment=17157:image.jpeg]

I have a question about using amiibos. When you use a amiibo to unlock something in a game like smash bros or mario kart 8 is it always there or do you have to use the amiibo everytime you play?

Also if someone has a kirby, fox, ness, pit, donkey kong, ganondorf or shulk they want to sell at a reasonable price so I can avoid ebay send me a pm. They can be opened as I'll use and display them. I started collecting them recently and just getting the ones from games I really liked or characters I like vs getting them all.

I have a question about using amiibos. When you use a amiibo to unlock something in a game like smash bros or mario kart 8 is it always there or do you have to use the amiibo everytime you play?

Also if someone has a kirby, fox, ness, pit, donkey kong, ganondorf or shulk they want to sell at a reasonable price so I can avoid ebay send me a pm. They can be opened as I'll use and display them. I started collecting them recently and just getting the ones from games I really liked or characters I like vs getting them all.

Can their still be luck in getting bowser Jr does anyone know when they usuall receive shipments. Went to Nintendo World yesterday they had all of wave 5 but Mario and bowser jr

Depends on the game. Mario Kart no, but for games like Smash or Mario Party you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back