Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Berry one of the bears or cats in the game? I've never been able to cycle through all the characters in the game.
I'd hate to meet the person who has. Aren't there like over 300, and that's just in New Leaf. The previous games had some that were cut.

I'd hate to meet the person who has. Aren't there like over 300, and that's just in New Leaf. The previous games had some that were cut.
From what I've read, around 333 in New leaf with 128 left out from previous games. And Berry is a bear (in Germany), Stitches in NA

Berry.png

Did Best Buy ever carry the splatoon 3 pack?  I don't see it listed on the website.

I'm constantly refreshing for woolly world pack preorder.  Would love the GCU discount so I can cancel my Toys R Us preorder.

Did Best Buy ever carry the splatoon 3 pack? I don't see it listed on the website.

I'm constantly refreshing for woolly world pack preorder. Would love the GCU discount so I can cancel my Toys R Us preorder.
3 pack only had preorders on the website the listing has been pulled.
Best Buy had the 3-pack in-store on Wave 4 launch day, and an in-store restock of the 3-pack (along with Pit) about 4 weeks ago.

Ok, is there any way to check if the store has it in stock via sku? Or do I actually have to speak to a breathing humanoid?
Unfortunately, you have to call the store and ask. You can try asking them to look up all nearby stores as well. But it's been roughly 4 weeks since the restock, so I wouldn't expect much...

To be fair, a lot of Japanese blind boxes come with an entire set when you buy a case. Not always.

But since when did 18x6=100?
Yep. People here don't get that this is much more akin to blind box buying than it is to cards. All the snide remarks like "oh looks some someone has never collected cards before" shows they don't get it. This isn't like baseball, magic, or pokemon cards. People were pulling complete sets, and 3 cards away, from 150 card JP boxes. The aforementioned cards sets obviously don't work like that.

Sucks for those who were trying to buy one complete box from the get go
urpq.png
108 cards in a box has been confirmed now, even closer to the stated goal of many people here which was to not buy extras and begin trading, and people still think buying individual packs is the way to go. ROFL

So many of you don't have a clue about blind box collecting. It makes all the condescending remarks even funnier.

VxKmT3d.jpg

Animal Crossing display case of all the new stuff at Nintendo World.  Note that I didn't get the actual n3ds in the pic .  The card pack itself looks a lot bigger than I had expected.  I think it was mentioned before, but Lottie and Digby are holos/foils.  These are probably the "special" rarity.

Now I wonder if buying a whole box in the first place would even let you complete the set

https://twitter.com/AmiiboAlerts/status/646414777116442625
Probably not. NA booster box will have 108 cards, as opposed to the 150 in the JP cartons. It's probably not going to get you a set. But it's going to get you the closest you can get to full set when buying 108 cards.

Yep. People here don't get that this is much more akin to blind box buying than it is to cards. All the snide remarks like "oh looks some someone has never collected cards before" shows they don't get it. This isn't like baseball, magic, or pokemon cards. People were pulling complete sets, or 3 cards away, from 150 card JP boxes. The aforementioned cards sets obviously don't work like that.

108 cards in a box has been confirmed now, even closer to the stated goal of many people here which was to not buy extras and begin trading, and people still think buying individual packs is the way to go. ROFL

So many of you don't have a clue about blind box collecting. It makes all the condescending remarks even funnier.
124uf02.png

But in all seriousness, I'll buy a few packs and see where it gets me. I'd like to get all the cards, but at a hopeful total of $400, I'll just get the animals I like.

Yeah the fact that you're spending $400 min. to try to get a complete set is a huge turnoff.  -_-   In reality you'll be spending much more than that.

how do the cards work anyway? Once I have scanned a card in, is it permanently part of my game cart? Could I simply toss/trade the card away once I have scanned it in?

Four hundred dollars. Minimum.   Go treat yourself to a new LE PS4 or XB1 instead. 

Can't believe these children's cards with cartoon animals smiling at me, almost got me.  I bet the game is still pretty fun without any of the cards. 

Four hundred dollars, minimum. Go treat yourself to a new LE PS4 or XB1 instead.

Can't believe these children's cards with cartoon animals smiling at me, almost got me. I bet the game is still pretty fun without any of the cards.
For RemasterDelayBrokenDayOneGen? I only got the PS4 because it was a really good price. Otherwise, "NextGen" has been a bust. Better off just saving $400 if that was the case.

Do we know if these cards are gonna have GCU support? if so it would be like $90 for a full box. I'm such a whore for tradin cards I'm actually considering this. I even have $40 in certs I'm considering on using with this....what the hell is wrong with me?

No one still has been able to confirm if GCU will work when buying these packs or not.
Maybe Hubert Joly would know? He seems to be in the know.

I was thinking in regards to the disney Infinity disc how you can use GCU on them and it is not limited to just three. Im not sure if best buy will put these in the same category.

Maybe Hubert Joly would know? He seems to be in the know.

I was thinking in regards to the disney Infinity disc how you can use GCU on them and it is not limited to just three. Im not sure if best buy will put these in the same category.
Now we know what those tweets were about saying some stores would have 36 per store. So just two boxes of 18 then... Should we all bet money on how quickly these things sell out Friday? Might be cheaper then buying a full set.

What about it? I know more about the original Pretty Cure, but that was a decade ago. It's actually aimed at little girls though, so most adults wouldn't enjoy it even if they watch stuff like Sailor Moon and Card Captor Sakura.
I caught myself posting on the wrong thread again :p My friend is a big fan of the series and he was talking about a possible localization though I haven't heard of anything.

I caught myself posting on the wrong thread again :p My friend is a big fan of the series and he was talking about a possible localization though I haven't heard of anything.
lol, I thought there was going to be PreCure amiibos or something (there are 3DS games).

I doubt there would be, but Doraemon got localized, so who knows.

So.... I sort of regret not buying the Pink Yarn Yoshi amiibo.... Hmmm...

Anyone ever have any issues preordering online at Best Buy for in store pick up? Like they don't hold the game for you or something? I always just use shipping.

Gamestop got in more amiibo's, including the 8 bit classic mario. The first store I went to sold out but had the others from the recent wave, 2nd store had one left. The first store also had a big stack of posters for Super Mario Maker.

Awesome, successfully placed an order for a game nobody wanted and the Yoshi bundle. Justified by getting the game for $20 if the NFC reader is $20 (one of my kids has a 2DS, so we may actually use it) 

Now, I'm stuck in a huge dilemma, I pre-ordered the standard Yoshi game disc and Mario Maker a the same time in order to get the anniversary pin set. I don't want to mess up that order. So I guess I trade one copy of the game in for hopefully $40?

Awesome, successfully placed an order for a game nobody wanted and the Yoshi bundle. Justified by getting the game for $20 if the NFC reader is $20 (one of my kids has a 2DS, so we may actually use it)

Now, I'm stuck in a huge dilemma, I pre-ordered the standard Yoshi game disc and Mario Maker a the same time in order to get the anniversary pin set. I don't want to mess up that order. So I guess I trade one copy of the game in for hopefully $40?
Keep the order,and get the pin. Then return a game?

Weird. The Best Buy app said no stores had the Yoshi bundle in stock. But the website let me put in an order at my local store. So try a full web browser if you get no stores in stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back