Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Cards are limited to 1 per account and are eligible for GCU. Keep in mind you're limited to 3 like SKUs per GCU account so be careful if you decide to buy more card sets there.

But that's what they do in amiibo festival. They are just background pieces to the game board as you walk the spaces.
I think there is more to the cards than just that. We will find out. The link you provided states the background thing, Nintendo's site gives a very generic "use in fun mini-games", Primagames site says they unlock mini-games, and several other sites say different things as well.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Chibi Robo bundle pre-orders have opened yet. That page is just a placeholder right now.
The in-store preorders for Chibi Robo went up online yesterday on BestBuy.com, and I ordered one.

They have not been available for shipping yet.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Chibi Robo bundle pre-orders have opened yet. That page is just a placeholder right now.
Hasn't gone live yet.
The in-store preorders for Chibi Robo went up online yesterday on BestBuy.com, and I ordered one.

They have not been available for shipping yet.
all I know is c4c had the page (along with the Yoshi bundle and AC cards) alert up when I returned from lunch. I just assumed Chibi Robo went live as the others did.

all I know is c4c had the page (along with the Yoshi bundle and AC cards) alert up when I returned from lunch. I just assumed Chibi Robo went live as the others did.
A couple things happened...the "add to cart" button was turned off, and around the same time, the Shipping: Not Available was changed to Shipping: Pre-order.

I looked at my in-store preorder, and I can still change the pickup location.

So it's basically in-stock now, but the yellow add to cart button is disabled, so you can't buy it.

Got a call from my local Gamestop this afternoon.  She said that my Retro 3 pack will be available to buy on Friday, and that the store is opening at midnight for some NBA game release on Thursday night at which time they will be able to sell the amiibo.  I'll be at work so I won't be going but it may be something to look into especially if you want to buy some Animal Crossing cards.  Just check with your local GS to make sure they are doing the same before going at 12.

Thank you. Because when I ask someone to buy me amiibos I don't have, they may buy me a pack of cards.
You're welcome. I always try to help those who can't read and starting Friday when you ask someone to buy you some amiibo, your possibility of getting amiibo cards instead increases since that's when they release.

You're welcome. I always try to help those who can't read and starting Friday when you ask someone to buy you some amiibo, then your possibility of getting amiibo cards increases to since that's when they release.
I can't read, but I can write. You should register your volunteer hours with your local A. whole chapter. Short for Angels whole chapter.

I can't read, but I can write. You register your volunteer hours with your local A. whole chapter. Short for Angels whole chapter.
And waste my gas?
TP9YSQz.png

Faster and cheaper to just do it online. People will Paypal anyone thinking they'll get something for it. Speaking of which your total comes to around $240. Pays for my N3DS on Friday
2ake3ir.gif

Target was being pretty fucking cruel just now.

I search for amiibo and see under Rosalina, Marth, and Pit "Get it by 9/25 with Express Shipping".  And yet, not available for purchase.

Preordering the cards on Amazon right now lets them be delivered on Friday. Gonna just try my luck and if they have any left then I'll pick up a few packs when I pick up the N3DS. And paying $2.99 for shipping on BBY for cards? Kills it even with GCU.

I tried ordering Yoshi Wooly World amiibo bundle via BB.com and it went through for ship to home. Just waiting for email confirmation. 

So is the market for the 3DS Amiibo reader solo going to be Gamecube adapter 2.0 or will there be no demand since there's a $50 AC/Reader bundle?

So what's the deal with the Dark Bowser skymiibo?  You can only get it by buying the Wii version?  WTF, why don't they have a dark 3DS version?

So what's the deal with the Dark Bowser skymiibo? You can only get it by buying the Wii version? WTF, why don't they have a dark 3DS version?
From my understanding:

$74.99 - Donkey Kong - Any Starter Edition except 3DS

$64.99 - Bowser - 3DS Starter Edition

$99.99 - Dark Edition Donkey Kong - Any Dark Edition Starter Pack except Wii & 3DS

$99.99 - Dark Edition Bowser - Wii Dark Edition Starter Pack via Toys R Us Only... because Activision

Total - $339.96

I asked GameStop what the trade in value for SuperChargers was last week, and he said $15.00 a game (figures didn't have prices yet) lol. Best Buy didn't have values yet. Amazon only takes the whole starter pack together.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=68545586&sku=21898106

Because of GCU, mostly only in store pickup for Dark Editions is going on. Otherwise it's in stock everywhere else.

People are complaining about quality of skymiibo. We have Bowser and DK. Quality is a step down from amiibo but they should be fine w/ reasonable play. I have heard that some people have had broken light sabers on DI. So far so good in our household. Last years Dark Editions are still available and reduced in price. This time next year current editions should be significantly reduced.[attachment=17294:image.jpg][attachment=17294:image.jpg]

Normally I'd never consider touching Skylanders, the premise disgusts me.  But apparently this new one is good.  Really, really good since it has over a 90 on Metacritic.  And apparently you don't need to buy anymore characters to unlock any of the game.

Had they bundled DK and Bowser together I admit I'd be tempted, if only to try it out for myself and see what all the fuss is about.

GG Activision, you almost had me for a second.  So close.... you just got too greedy in the end  :oops:

was just in a tru and the ski amiibo look terrible. Like a few steps below normal amiibo and previous skylanders. The dark edition ones were the worst out of them all. Pictures do not do these justice. You really have to see the bad in person.

was just in a tru and the ski amiibo look terrible. Like a few steps below normal amiibo and previous skylanders. The dark edition ones were the worst out of them all. Pictures do not do these justice. You really have to see the bad in person.
I have, and I've seen worse Amiibo (online anyways).

Besides, at least they aren't supported by columns of solidified piss.

All that said I haven't searched for the skymiibo online so if you have any photos of any duds I'd love to see them. May be good for a laugh right?

Last edited:
Normally I'd never consider touching Skylanders, the premise disgusts me. But apparently this new one is good. Really, really good since it has over a 90 on Metacritic. And apparently you don't need to buy anymore characters to unlock any of the game.

Had they bundled DK and Bowser together I admit I'd be tempted, if only to try it out for myself and see what all the fuss is about.

GG Activision, you almost had me for a second. So close.... you just got too greedy in the end :oops:

I'm sure like every year the starter packs will be half price or less on Black Friday. Except the Dark Editions, you'll have to wait till next year on those....

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back