Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
(The game is boring, IMO, not that most people here care.)
I haven't tried a chibi-robo title before. It's like a 2D platformer isn't it?

I've heard good things and the premise sounds interesting so I have been mulling it over.

(The game is boring, IMO, not that most people here care.)
Chibi-Robo games, much like AC games, aren't really for everyone. They're simple, and a different kind of a fun.
I like all the chibi-Robo games I've played so far (which is all except the GC one) so I'm excited for this one personally, but I completely understand when others find them boring.

Chibi-Robo games, much like AC games, aren't really for everyone. They're simple, and a different kind of a fun.
I like all the chibi-Robo games I've played so far (which is all except the GC one) so I'm excited for this one personally, but I completely understand when others find them boring.
This isn't anything like the other Chibi-Robo games. It reminds me of a game I've played before that was very similar, but I can't place what. Not Castlevania, even though some people are calling it Castlevania-lite.

Yes, but this Chibi Robo appears to be a different formula than the others...
This isn't anything like the other Chibi-Robo games. It reminds me of a game I've played before that was very similar, but I can't place what. Not Castlevania, even though some people are calling it Castlevania-lite.
Every chibi-robo is quite different from each other. Sure this is platformer, but it looks like a very basic platformer with chibi-robo qualities. Which again, probably doesn't appeal to everyone: like more hardcore platformers.
I'm not even sure I'll like it, but at least I'll get chibi-robo himself with the game. Since it's the only way to get him in the US.

I'm just saying, I understand why people think it looks boring.

I just called a local GS.  According to them, they are limiting 2 Animal Crossing amiibo card packs per customer.

Will other retailers, like BB and Target, also limit the in-store purchase number of card packs per customer?

I just called a local GS. According to them, they are limiting 2 Animal Crossing amiibo card packs per customer.

Will other retailers, like BB and Target, also limit the in-store purchase number of card packs per customer?
You'll have to call and find out. No official word yet.

I just called a local GS. According to them, they are limiting 2 Animal Crossing amiibo card packs per customer.

Thats silly. I'm guessing stock must be really shit. Seems like every retailer has it limited between 1-4 that have been posted online as well.

So glad I'm not on this ride

Thats silly. I'm guessing stock must be really shit. Seems like every retailer has it limited between 1-4 that have been posted online as well.

So glad I'm not on this ride
Word. Not going to be fighting over scraps on this one when it's 100 cards to a set and four sets. I think a lot of people will only be buying these because of the perceived rarity, and to get a quick fix. They're going to spend twenty bucks to open a few packs of cards, get it out of their system, and eventually forget all about it.

Not that any one cares, but just an FYI: My amiibo card pack from BBY shipped out to me with an expected arrival date of Saturday. Just giving everybody a heads up who ordered from BBY.

I would love to have all of the Amiibo cards in every series, but in reality there's not a chance in hell that I'm going to spend $1,000 +/- for all complete sets. I'm going to get an Amiiqo for the cards alone.

I would love to have all of the Amiibo cards in every series, but in reality there's not a chance in hell that I'm going to spend $1,000 +/- for all complete sets. I'm going to get an Amiiqo for the cards alone.
Buy a complete set from someone online for a lot less?

I preordered the retro 3 pack that comes out tomorrow and still never received a call about picking it up tomorrow.

Do they not call anymore or have they not called because they didn't get enough?

It was mentioned somewhere that Nintendo could kill the ability to use the amiiqo on its game systems. Honestly shouldn't be mentioned here.

I preordered the retro 3 pack that comes out tomorrow and still never received a call about picking it up tomorrow.

Do they not call anymore or have they not called because they didn't get enough?
Now that you bring it up, I haven't gotten a call in ages. I don't preorder all that much at GS anymore, but I do from time to time and no calls or text in a very long time(at least that I remember).

I stopped getting calls and texts probably three months ago for GS preorders. Maybe they just found it wasn't worth the time and expense.

The reason i asked was because back when mario party 10 came out i pre ordered the toad amiibo online for store pickup. Never got a call saying it was ever ready for pickup and i still haven't. It's still listed as open in my order history when i know for  fact the store still has some to this day. Doesn't matter though since i got it from bestbuy. Also i pre ordered the new frightful fiesta skylander that came out last week. Once again no call or anything but if i check online it tells me its available at the store that i pre ordered it from.

My wife will be going tomorrow to pickup the retro pack and ask about the skylander so well see what they say.

The reason i asked was because back when mario party 10 came out i pre ordered the toad amiibo online for store pickup. Never got a call saying it was ever ready for pickup and i still haven't. It's still listed as open in my order history when i know for fact the store still has some to this day. Doesn't matter though since i got it from bestbuy. Also i pre ordered the new frightful fiesta skylander that came out last week. Once again no call or anything but if i check online it tells me its available at the store that i pre ordered it from.

My wife will be going tomorrow to pickup the retro pack and ask about the skylander so well see what they say.
What are you trying to say or point out? They only hold your preorders for two days and I never knew you can do a online preorder with a instore pickup at Gamestop.

What are you trying to say or point out? They only hold your preorders for two days and I never knew you can do a online preorder with a instore pickup at Gamestop.
You've been able to do that for years. The only thing they don't usually have for in store pick-up are limited collector's editions. They usually make you go in to the store for that. The best part about doing online for in-store pick-up is no money down.

Has anyone had any luck with gamestop and Amiibo cards? Just called my local one and they aren't going to let people buy Animal Crossing when they do their NBA event at 9 p.m. (West Coast) :/

Has anyone had any luck with gamestop and Amiibo cards? Just called my local one and they aren't going to let people buy Animal Crossing when they do their NBA event at 9 p.m. (West Coast) :/
That's because Nintendo won't let Gamestop sell their shit until midnight local time.

Just saying that they have never called or anything.

So am I to assume the pre order will be there just because i placed the order or do i assume that they never got it in and I am not getting the pre order.

Why would someone sell a complete set for a lot less, when they went through the trouble of buying them all them self? That's like saying you could buy complete Amiibo waves from scalpers for a lot less.
If you buy $1000 worth of packs something tells me you will have more then 1 complete set.

I didn't realize that the cards were having 4 sets. I haven't kept up with them at all because I don't have much interest in them. Holy shit. Nintendo is milking the hell out of this amiibo thing.
Yeah, their for sure creating a "Bubble" that will pop at some point. I guess their making up for the time they lost out on by getting in to the skylander and Infinity craze a little late.

Why would someone sell a complete set for a lot less, when they went through the trouble of buying them all them self? That's like saying you could buy complete Amiibo waves from scalpers for a lot less.
Complete sets are bought for much cheaper than buying up all the singles. When buying random packs of whatever it is almost always cheaper to buy a complete set than it is to buy, trade, and build your own set. There is always a substantial discount given when a seller is selling large lots. It is convenient to the seller to sell everything in one transaction. Welcome to collecting just about anything, ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back