Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope this isn't out of line but I can't post in the trade section yet.

If someone has these and willing to sell them for a reasonable price I'd love to have them and pay with paypal. An unexpected water heater replacement drained almost all my fun money so ebay is out. I don't care if they are open since I will display and use them, just as long as they are north American versions in good shape.

Shulk.

Robin.

Kirby.

Ike.

Just shoot me a PM

I am in Fishers, Indiana 46037.

There are a few Best Buys in my area, any idea which will have the most stock?

Also I see you said most stores don't get stock until later in the day.. so I should not go first thing in the morning on Tuesday to Best Buy but rather wait?
I mean it sort of depends, at my store we usually put the whole shipment away the same day but other stores might take a day or some of the next day in the morning before open or during hours the next day.

Youd be best off asking what days their trucks come and ask in store on that day to check their manifest for the SKUs. Try to ask someone walking out of the back warehouse, other sales employees might not know wtf a manifest is

I'm anxious to see how this amiibo thing plays out. Seems like stock is increasing since yesterday my gamestop had at least 5 or 6 retro 3 packs hanging way up high above the amiibo display. I dream of the day when I can walk in gamestop or walmart and find any amiibo just hanging out chilling on the peg. 

thereefernander, on 04 Oct 2015 - 09:36 AM, said:
If you have multiple bby stores in your area I can let you know which would be the best to go to. My store is getting about 10 more of each than a neighbor best buy store and about 20 more than the second neighbor best buy store.
Can you please let me know of store 555? There are always scalpers here. You should see the lines before the store opens. Worse still, employees have come in before the store opens and get to the amiibos before even the people in line. I had to do an all day run around for wave 5.

Since the chibi robo amiibo bundle showed up on amazon i went to go pre-order it and just now rememebered I had a Gamestop.com pre-order I go on there and don't see a cancel option even though the "status" says open I can't cancel it so I send an email about it with my order number is that all I have I can do right now?

Can you please let me know of store 555? There are always scalpers here. You should see the lines before the store opens. Worse still, employees have come in before the store opens and get to the amiibos before even the people in line. I had to do an all day run around for wave 5.
Damn that sucks. Our inventory manager here at my store would fire an employee for buying something before a customer has a fair chance to get one.

Also fyi any CA cags we apparently got thosunds of amiibos in being distributed among best buys in the state. About 13000 little Macs for example and my store is getting like 30 I think along with others like ike and captain falcon. Marth is apparently in huge supply as my store alone has 144 inbound Wich is insane.

Rohman, on 04 Oct 2015 - 3:59 PM, said:Rohman, on 04 Oct 2015 - 3:59 PM, said:
Damn that sucks. Our inventory manager here at my store would fire an employee for buying something before a customer has a fair chance to get one.

Also fyi any CA cags we apparently got thosunds of amiibos in being distributed among best buys in the state. About 13000 little Macs for example and my store is getting like 30 I think along with others like ike and captain falcon. Marth is apparently in huge supply as my store alone has 144 inbound Wich is insane.
I complianed about it, wrote an email to the store manager, and nothing was done. In fact, I didn't even get a reply back. lol

Wouldn't be surprised if it was a friend of the manager's or the manager himself. Guy wore civilian clothing. He pressed the ring button on the side of the building, shook the security guy's hand, and got in 15-20 mins before anyone. When everyone was let in, he was checking out with all the wave 5 figures.

I just left work but will be back Tuesday morning for your guys other updates and possibily when you should show up to your stores. If their truck shipments are anything like my store they usually show up by 2pm. But takes a long time to unload and sort the small boxes and totes they would be in from all the other product.
Store 393..the Best buy in West Hollywood is the closest one to me, any info I would really appreciate

Stopped by the same TRU I went to on Friday (last time they had Lucario, Fox, and Zero Suit Samus) and again they had nothing out on the shelves except the usual pegwarmers. Asked the clerk if they had any restocks and he said all they have is Fox, ZS Samus, and a Bowser Jr. Picked up the Bowser Jr and he said I was lucky cause it was a return from this morning. As I was leaving another clerk was talking to the guy ringing me up and was surprised someone actually returned one (my store is usually hit hard by early birds or scalpers).

So.. there are probably like 15 Best Buys in the Las Vegas area (North Las Vegas, South Las Vegas, Henderson, and Summerlin etc, every part of vegas is within a 20 minute drive... Any chance you can check which one we vegas CAGs would have the best luck at?

If Marth is makin' a reappearance, I wonder if Wii Fit Trainer has a chance? :pray: The restock sounds like it's all over the place... are they looking at actual demand??? :shock: Is this still Nintendo we're talking about? :lol:

If Marth is makin' a reappearance, I wonder if Wii Fit Trainer has a chance? :pray: The restock sounds like it's all over the place... are they looking at actual demand??? :shock: Is this still Nintendo we're talking about? :lol:
If the rumors are true, Marth will be overflowing at Best Buy later this week.

Im doing the default since it looks like the trophy in game
I actually like the way they are displayed in the clear plastic holder. I only wish it had a spot for the default one as well so all four could fit. I have them on my bedroom mirror and I really like the 3D effect it creates. :)

Is anyone here also collecting the Famicom color (red/white) R.O.B.? I'd really like to get one, but I can't tell if they are actually out yet or not. The eBay listings of them say they are reserved purchases, but they are showing on Amazon (JPN listings). Any advice on where to buy safely/cheaply? Thanks!

See you say this, but I still haven't seen any of this supposed restock in person.
I have been fortunate and gotten Lucario, Greninja, Mac, Fox, and Falcon from this TRU restock, but I've been forced to stay on top of it. Make phonecalls, have friends willing to run to a store on a moment's notice, that sort of thing. I suppose this is a step in the right direction, but it's still near-impossible for people to get their hands on restocks. And while some TRU in my area got them, others got absolutely nothing.

I've just recently begun an attempt to accumulate a full set, and it didn't take long for frustration to set in. I got a text notification of Pit coming back in stock early this morning, and by the time I jumped out of bed and got to the computer it was sold out. All part of it, I know. But there's no good reason why I can't walk into a store and purchase every Amiibo that's been released. Nintendo's gonna Nintendo, I suppose.

I was at the Toys R Us in Schaumburg, IL yesterday to pick up an order unrelated to amiibo, but I did wander by that isle just to see what they had. There were a couple Olimar and maybe 6 Fox left out of anything that would be considered rare. But there was also an older couple trying to check out with 8-10 Fox amiibo at Customer Service. I think they were allowed to buy at least 8 of them.

You could tell the employee wanted to just tell them no, but didn't for some reason.

I was at the Toys R Us in Schaumburg, IL yesterday to pick up an order unrelated to amiibo, but I did wander by that isle just to see what they had. There were a couple Olimar and maybe 6 Fox left out of anything that would be considered rare. But there was also an older couple trying to check out with 8-10 Fox amiibo at Customer Service. I think they were allowed to buy at least 8 of them.

You could tell the employee wanted to just tell them no, but didn't for some reason.
Many employees would like to prevent obvious resellers, but it isn't worth the effort if they won't get the backing from the store management, particularly if there aren't other people there that are missing out because of it. It isn't worth the argument, and the resellers are often prepared to make a fuss and won't just walk away.

At least take solace in the fact those Foxes will probably be returned in a week or so for others to buy, this restock seems to have tanked the EBay value of several Amiibo. Fox was once really common, so most collectors already have him. I was at mine Saturday several hours after open and they had a bunch of Fox and Captain Falcon (and others) just sitting there. Add in the TRU markup and I don't see how you could profit from it.

That store is nuts for scalpers. I was there at opening one day and a couple of guys literally sprinted to the Star Wars aisle, grabbed every figure they could, and went to checkout. Luckily the manager there that day would have none of it and told them they could each buy one of each and that was it. People are nuts.

Ironically, it seems like this is the only TRU within 50 miles that still has Foxes! How the heck...? Do they just get larger stock than other stores?

But man is it sad to hear your anecdote. These people need to get a job. And if their job pays so badly that scalping is necessary... they need to get a BETTER job! :nottalking:

They were probably just buying early Christmas presents (lol, sure they were). All this limiting the number you can buy of something is rather foolish anyways. It's nintendo's fault for not making enough of the damn things to supply the demand. It's their poor marketing decisions that really lay at the heart of someone not being able to find that one amiibo they really want. The stores have these items to sell & selling several at once is easier for the store anyways. It is up to the store though to know it's product & decide when limiting something is going to benefit it's customers the most so I see both sides of the issue. At the end of the day though nintendo created these so called "scalpers" so lay the blame at the proper feet. Having said this I do believe nintendo is starting to get the amiibo situation gauged properly to have an idea of how many to produce.

Is it possible for lighting to change the color on some parts of amiibos?  My Captain Falcon's shoulder looks a little pink instead of white.  I know sunlight can cause colors to fade. Or maybe I'm just going crazy.

Restock came in today, I got 1 of everything.  I've never seen Little Mac/Greninja/Lucario/Captain Falcon in person before so I'm pretty happy lol.  As it happens a friend of mine also grabbed 1 of everything for me so I have an extra of each lol.  Will TRU do a refund without a receipt... I mean Greninja and Lucario are store exclusives so they can't argue I bought from somewhere else right?

Last edited:
Is it possible for lighting to change the color on some parts of amiibos? My Captain Falcon's shoulder looks a little pink instead of white. I know sunlight can cause colors to fade. Or maybe I'm just going crazy.
Sunlight can fade colors. But the paint jobs on Amiibo are suspect to begin with.

Restock came in today, I got 1 of everything. I've never seen Little Mac/Greninja/Lucario/Captain Falcon in person before so I'm pretty happy lol. As it happens a friend of mine also grabbed 1 of everything for me so I have an extra of each lol. Will TRU do a refund without a receipt... I mean Greninja and Lucario are store exclusives so they can't argue I bought from somewhere else right?
Return them with your receipt?

They were probably just buying early Christmas presents (lol, sure they were). All this limiting the number you can buy of something is rather foolish anyways. It's nintendo's fault for not making enough of the damn things to supply the demand. It's their poor marketing decisions that really lay at the heart of someone not being able to find that one amiibo they really want. The stores have these items to sell & selling several at once is easier for the store anyways. It is up to the store though to know it's product & decide when limiting something is going to benefit it's customers the most so I see both sides of the issue. At the end of the day though nintendo created these so called "scalpers" so lay the blame at the proper feet. Having said this I do believe nintendo is starting to get the amiibo situation gauged properly to have an idea of how many to produce.
Nintendo might have created the soil conducive to the growth of assholes, they can't be blamed for the phenomenon. Judging by the amounts of Lexuses and Mercedes on the road, there are a lot of assholes out there, and it seems their numbers are ever-growing. Anything that a store manager or, well, anyone does to make life a little less convenient for them is doing the world a great service.

Is it possible for lighting to change the color on some parts of amiibos? My Captain Falcon's shoulder looks a little pink instead of white. I know sunlight can cause colors to fade. Or maybe I'm just going crazy.
Lots of stuff fades by being left in direct sunlight. I've never left an Amiibo in sunlight, but I've had posters, DVD covers, stuffed animals, and a bobblehead on my dashboard (probably made from similar materials to Amiibos) all fade, in some cases quite badly. Seems the only stuff that doesn't fade are certain types of metallic paint, like on cars, both real and Hotwheels/Matchbox toy versions.

Restock came in today, I got 1 of everything. I've never seen Little Mac/Greninja/Lucario/Captain Falcon in person before so I'm pretty happy lol. As it happens a friend of mine also grabbed 1 of everything for me so I have an extra of each lol. Will TRU do a refund without a receipt... I mean Greninja and Lucario are store exclusives so they can't argue I bought from somewhere else right?
Restock where? Could the BB frenzy be starting already?

I stopped at work to return something and took a quick peek at RSS and there is indeed a street date for the 6th for the new figures. Hard to aay they'll be to most stores before then either.

Return them with your receipt?
If I can find it but I'm pretty certain I threw it away with the bag lol. I mean these are unicorns, it never occurred to me I'd need to return them.... and besides who saves the receipt anyways?

If I can find it but I'm pretty certain I threw it away with the bag lol. I mean these are unicorns, it never occurred to me I'd need to return them.... and besides who saves the receipt anyways?
If you have a toysrus account they probably emailed it to you. Really though it seems like you should just let your friend keep/return the $60+ in amiibos he bought you

If you have a toysrus account they probably emailed it to you. Really though it seems like you should just let your friend keep/return the $60+ in amiibos he bought you
I offered and he said no. I mean I used the term gift loosely, I mean they are a gift but he did owe me $50 so there's that too lol.

I didn't think to check my email. I don't remember giving them an email when I bought mine but I'll look and see, thanks for the advice.

well they could, i just got back from their, was able to get a fox and walking around at the bottom of the locked glass games were about 50 amiibos, most were the ones anybody can get, then i see 2 shulks, was able to snag a backup one, guess the exclusives might be coming in the wild soon

well they could, i just got back from their, was able to get a fox and walking around at the bottom of the locked glass games were about 50 amiibos, most were the ones anybody can get, then i see 2 shulks, was able to snag a backup one, guess the exclusives might be coming in the wild soon
Awesome. I need Villager, the early store exclusives, and the Fire Emblems, then I'll have a full NA set.

If I could get an indication on the stock at Best Buy store 1064 (Mt. Juliet, TN)  I'd be real grateful.

So is this the whole list?

Captain Falcon
Greninja
Lucario
Little Mac
Shulk
Marth
Dark Pit

I'm lining up for opening tomorrow but if they are not getting them til the afternoon I will have to send the wife as I will be at the dentist.

Edit: thought I saw ike listed cant find the post. Maybe it was an error and the post edited.

So is this the whole list?

Captain Falcon
Greninja
Lucario
Little Mac
Shulk
Marth
Ike

I'm lining up for opening tomorrow but if they are not getting them til the afternoon I will have to send the wife as I will be at the dentist.
Street dated for tomorrow no guarantee they'll have received them yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back