Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
After the smash line of amiibos I'm quitting
Well to be honest, by then they will have pretty effectively mined their primary and secondary franchise main characters. Then we will have to get into new characters (ha, like Nintendo does this often!), minor/enemy characters (think Goombas and Koopa Troopas), less well known Pokemon and reposes for new games. The main problem is that shareholders aren't going to want Nintendo to give up that bump in profits every couple of months, when people go out and buy 4-5 new ones in massive amounts.

I think it is pretty certain that most big new games they release for the foreseeable future will have an Amiibo or two come out alongside it. But, I doubt we see the massive amount Smash Bros. has again. Like, for example, I can see a new Link/Zelda/Ganon for next year's Zelda. As long as they don't go nuts it won't be that bad.

Count me in as another one who wasnt able to land a Bowser Jr on release day. Only way I was able to get one was a random TRU visit a few weeks ago and they only had 1 behind the counter because someone returned it that morning. Havent seen another one since so the chances of finding a Villager is gonna be slim to nil here unless I luck out again.

I can;'t believe Bowser Jr. is popular (maybe cause he's new?). I always hated that character. I saw the initial stock once, randomly, but was looking for Zero Suit at the time. I really figured Bowser Jr. would shelfwarm... huh.

I'd much prefer to see the actual Koopalings as Amiibos! If only because Nintendo hasn't really bothered making figures out of them (other than those micro ones for the playsets).

EDIT: They should do NES games sets, actually. Like an entire set for Mario 3. I really liked the eCards for Mario 3 on GBA - infinite Hammer Bros. suits and whatnot! :D

So did nobody know the answer to the mii question? I know some of you already got them. Does it let you customize the look of the mii in-game? Can I equip DLC hats? If I do, will it work on the 3DS if I don't have the DLC?

Well to be honest, by then they will have pretty effectively mined their primary and secondary franchise main characters. Then we will have to get into new characters (ha, like Nintendo does this often!), minor/enemy characters (think Goombas and Koopa Troopas), less well known Pokemon and reposes for new games. The main problem is that shareholders aren't going to want Nintendo to give up that bump in profits every couple of months, when people go out and buy 4-5 new ones in massive amounts.

I think it is pretty certain that most big new games they release for the foreseeable future will have an Amiibo or two come out alongside it. But, I doubt we see the massive amount Smash Bros. has again. Like, for example, I can see a new Link/Zelda/Ganon for next year's Zelda. As long as they don't go nuts it won't be that bad.
They are putting out the llama's from Animal Crossing. I think we are now into the minor characters phase.

I just wish they'd choose other franchises for minor characters, like Metroid. I want an actual metroid.

But yeah, as far as complete sets go, I think I'm out after SSB. I'm certainly not buying into this Animal Crossing BS, not with all these cards, and a crappy looking digital boardgame specifically made to sell amiibo.

Last edited:
So did nobody know the answer to the mii question? I know some of you already got them. Does it let you customize the look of the mii in-game? Can I equip DLC hats? If I do, will it work on the 3DS if I don't have the DLC?
They are putting out the llama's from Animal Crossing. I think we are now into the minor characters phase.

I just wish they'd choose other franchises for minor characters, like Metroid. I want an actual metroid.
Reese and Cyrus are Alpacas.

[quote name="rcerboss" post="12965158" timestamp="1444678167"]

So did nobody know the answer to the mii question? I know some of you already got them. Does it let you customize the look of the mii in-game? Can I equip DLC hats? If I do, will it work on the 3DS if I don't have the
No one knows for sure, but I assume it will allow customization. There would be little point otherwise. There were rumors that the Amiibo figures themselves would have swappable parts, but that appears ro be false.

If they were smart Nintendo would do an all-Metroid or all Legend of Zelda series.  But that won't happen, at least not until the new open world Zelda Wii-U game releases.  Amiibos will become the junk that is Skylanders.  I am glad the SSB series is nearly over because this has been too much.  I really like the figures I have, don't feel the insatiable need to buy more, and every new announcement becomes less interesting and less exciting than the last one.   

It's all about game bundle tie-ins and dumb exclusivity now. You'd think it would be good enough to sell a metric crap-ton of figures for $13-15 each but Nintendo is overwhelmed with greed, making us buy systems and games we don't care about just to have the privilege of getting that $13 toy.

Nintendo was able to capture magic in a bottle for the last year.  Follow-up attempts will most likely fail to replicate that same magic.  Where will they go from here?  No place to go except downhill. 

The new Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer and Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival are examples of the direction we are headed.  Hastily designed games made for amiibos.   There is no Metroid game on the horizon and boy was their 2015 game lineup weak. We've been hearing about thew new Zelda Wii U for the past three E3s and we'll be lucky to see that in time for Christmas next year.  Big budget Japanese game development has become so far behind the curve.  We get $50 3DS and Vita games now instead.

It took them 1+ years to put out anything worthwhile for the Wii U release, then everything happened at once in one giant window, and now we are in this slump again. 

SMB series had 5 of the 6 already having Smash Amiibos. A Zelda one could include figures that we haven't seen yet, such as Impa, Midna (perhaps both imp and true forms), and many other possibilities, like darknuts, Stalfos, and fairies in a bottle.. Plus, it's a different Link and Zelda every time, so they could make them significantly different from the Twilight Princess versions from Smash Brothers (especially if the female Link speculation bears fruit), and it would work pretty well.

Yes, an entire Zelda series spanning upwards of three sets including all sorts of old bosses and characters from the back catalog of games would be the way to go.  The Donkey Kong Country world also has a solid line-up of characters that would make for a very strong amiibo release.  Metroid is the no-brainer series that tons of veteran fans would line up in droves to buy, but is also the least likeliest to happen because of the lack of humanoid characters.  Each gun, special weapon, or even trash mob could have it's own amiibo.  Probably none of these things are going to happen.

That makes no sense, Metroid has plenty of characters to work with. Metroid, space pirate, Ridley, Kraid, Meta-Ridley, Mother Brain, Samus, Dark Samus, to say nothing of the characters introduced in Hunters or Corruption, alternate suits (like the one in Fusion and the Phazon suit from 1 and that other Phazon suit from 3 lol), or even Samus's ship. That's all from the top of my head, I'm sure there's plenty of others. Most of those are humanoid enough (not that that would matter much, it didn't stop Duck Hunt, ROB, ect), it's just a question of what designs to use, detail, size, cost, ect.

The series has had some pretty amazing designs throughout it's history, it would be such a shame to not produce a line once the SSB series and reprints are done. I wouldn't even bother shoehorning any half-assed DLC onto them, just release them for the sake of the figurines themselves.

If all else fails they can always make an Adam Malkovich amiibo :applause:

[quote name="rcerboss" post="12965158" timestamp="1444678167"]

So did nobody know the answer to the mii question? I know some of you already got them. Does it let you customize the look of the mii in-game? Can I equip DLC hats? If I do, will it work on the 3DS if I don't have the
No one knows for sure, but I assume it will allow customization. There would be little point otherwise. There were rumors that the Amiibo figures themselves would have swappable parts, but that appears ro be false.
Oh somebody knows lol. A few TRU's in NA broke the street date, and they've been available to import for forever now. People here have posted pictures of them as they came in.

I figured there'd be a video or something up by now but I guess nobody cares about the Mii's lol.

Yeah but with a display stand or something. When I saw that I couldn't figure out what you were supposed to do after you took it out the box unless you just set it on it's teeth?

Last edited:
Sorry if this is old news since I've been out of the CAG loop for a while, but apparently Greninja is no longer TRU exclusive since I saw 3 of them at a local Best Buy, along with a Dark Pit restock.  Maybe NoA is finally realizing that stringing along your diehard fans for months on end with "limited" stock isn't the best long-term plan.

That makes no sense, Metroid has plenty of characters to work with. Metroid, space pirate, Ridley, Kraid, Meta-Ridley, Mother Brain, Samus, Dark Samus, to say nothing of the characters introduced in Hunters or Corruption, alternate suits (like the one in Fusion and the Phazon suit from 1 and that other Phazon suit from 3 lol), or even Samus's ship. That's all from the top of my head, I'm sure there's plenty of others. Most of those are humanoid enough (not that that would matter much, it didn't stop Duck Hunt, ROB, ect), it's just a question of what designs to use, detail, size, cost, ect.

The series has had some pretty amazing designs throughout it's history, it would be such a shame to not produce a line once the SSB series and reprints are done. I wouldn't even bother shoehorning any half-assed DLC onto them, just release them for the sake of the figurines themselves.
I would pay for a mega yarn yoshi sized Ridley or a Metroid sized Metroid.

[quote name="domoniccc" post="12966108" timestamp="1444718128"]It's 12 on b&h now, should we order?[/quote]
No... It's not like it's am store exclusives...there's gonna be stock, Nintendo hasn't made you feel confident in that

If they were smart Nintendo would do an all-Metroid or all Legend of Zelda series. But that won't happen, at least not until the new open world Zelda Wii-U game releases. Amiibos will become the junk that is Skylanders. I am glad the SSB series is nearly over because this has been too much. I really like the figures I have, don't feel the insatiable need to buy more, and every new announcement becomes less interesting and less exciting than the last one.

It's all about game bundle tie-ins and dumb exclusivity now. You'd think it would be good enough to sell a metric crap-ton of figures for $13-15 each but Nintendo is overwhelmed with greed, making us buy systems and games we don't care about just to have the privilege of getting that $13 toy.

Nintendo was able to capture magic in a bottle for the last year. Follow-up attempts will most likely fail to replicate that same magic. Where will they go from here? No place to go except downhill.
A mother brain amiibo would be an instant hit.

Falco confirmed as Best Buy exclusive.

.....At least it's not TRU.

Last edited:
Not technically up if it doesn't let you pick a store to get it from.
Somebody somewhere is able to order it. I don't like the "quantities limited" and the ability to pre-order. Looks like this, Mega Yarn Yoshi, and the Villager are going to be more "we're sold out on the floor, and we still have a bunch, but sorry, they're all reserved for pre-orders."

Why does falco have to be BB Exclusive .-.

My closest BB is like 3 hours away, plus they don't ship where i live....greaaaat..
How do they not ship to where you live?

And I wish they'd just let us ship Falco. I've been driving into town way, way too damn much because of these amiibo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back