Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
NO line at Best Buy, I was there about 15 minutes before opening.  Got blue, pink and picked up my green bundle preorder.  No one else came in while I was there, they had them behind Customer Service, as usual for new releases (to avoid people bum rushing for new things).  I think the recent restock has killed the idea that these can be scalped, they still had tons of Marths/Captain Falcon/etc. as well as 30th Classic Mario/ZSS/Ganondorf/etc.

Put in a cancel request for Walmart, still hasn't shipped, but it was "Processing".

They are smaller than I expected, but still very nice.

Picked up a 2x Pink and Blue this morning about 40 minutes after target opened. Glad to have a set sealed and 1 to play with! The Girl will love her pink one when she sees it.

stopped at Best Buy before work right before 9:30.  The last several launched tickets were given out at 9:30 but did not see anyone today.  Went back a bit after 10.  There was nothing at cs where all amiibo on release usually are. 

There were 5 pinks on the shelf after I did a quick check and grabbed what I think is the best condition one.  Only 2 (seasonal?) workers in the area then.  I asked one if they sold out of light blue.  He said he didn't know as "these just came in" (gestured toward the pinks and other restocks). He grabbed an amiibo shipping box (that holds 4) and opened it.  Light blue was in it!  Didn't bother to ask if I could inspect/compare as I was in a hurry.  Took a while to check out as he was unfamiliar with some things (apparently Best Buy GCs are a bit different from Store Credit).

Anyway if anyone is having trouble getting these, I might be able to check Nintendo World and pickup.

Picked up my bundle, as well as the other yarn yoshi no problem. Went smooth.

Now I just need to decide if I want the mega yarn yoshi or another green yoshi to open. Since the blue & pink ones don't seem to do anything different from the green, I decided to just get the one set this time.

Meijer in Cbus Oh had 5 left of each. Picked up extra for display (bought them from Amazon fr a while ago). If I find them at BB I will return so I can use GCU.

Oh? Please take pics!
Ha. I'm not going back to Target when I got up at 6am to be there before they opened at 7. They are probably all gone now anyway. When they opened the doors and all of us got back to the electronics, they didn't even have them put out yet. We all waited in line while they went to the back to check. They came out with a box of the bundles & a box of the game and green yoshi seperately. Then we had to wait for someone else to go back and look for the pink and blues. I know I wasn't seeing things becasue when everyone was telling them "I want one of each", they had to tell the employees "Oh, I don't need that one cuz it's already in the game bundle".

I went by target on the way to work. they had ni idea they were coming out today. they went in the back and brought them out. the bluffton/hhi sc store got 8 pink and 8 blue. so i scored those without issue.

I was unable to get a hold of my wife who was going to check at best buy. she got one of each plus the game/green yoshi. best buy only got 4 of each and 8 of the game bundle.

so I have an extra pink and blue if anyone is interested. I will sell them at the redcard discounted price plus shipping. the pink has a little damage on the top left corner. if no one bites I will return for someone else to pick up.

the most uneventful amiibo release day. this is how it should be.

Scored a blue and pink yarn yoshi at Best Buy. They had 4 of each, behind the register. The cuteness is real.

No picture would be necessary, just provide the zip code of the Target that supposedly has green Yoshis (solo)  and check it out on BrickSeek.   I've been reading all of the threads on a bunch of different web pages and no one else is reporting green Yoshis outside of the bundle at any Target.  If this one has them, it would be the only one.

No picture would be necessary, just provide the zip code of the Target that supposedly has green Yoshis (solo) and check it out on BrickSeek. I've been reading all of the threads on a bunch of different web pages and no one else is reporting green Yoshis outside of the bundle at any Target. If this one has them, it would be the only one.
no way. deadliner found one, but didn't buy it, nor actually see it, also didn't take pictures, but you're supposed to believe him! He was just there for the pink and blue ones ;)

Green is bundle exclusive. Pictures or it didn't happen.
Edit: LOL So good I quoted the quote twice.

Thanks for Mewtwo! I really hate dealing with Walmart, but I'm gonna do that for now and wait for GCU at BB.

Btw, got to Garner, NC Best Buy at 11ish this morning. They had 8 Bundles, 4 Pink and 4 Blue Yoshi at the CS counter, and 6 Pink and 3 Blue on the racks (along with Marth n' Friends restocks).

Oh, and Clayton GameStop had Bundles and both Blues and Pinks, but I wasn't paying as much attention there to numbers. It certainly wasn't a sea of Woolly goodness though. I'd say less than 5 of each.

FYI, the variation on each Yoshi amiibo is HUGE. I picked the ones with the most bulbous noses I could find haha. So frickin' adorable!

But there were several with crooked shoes and wonky faces in general. Be sure to check out the spines as well. One of the Blues looked a stegosaurus with those long spines! Wish I had a decent phone to take photos with.

no way. deadliner found one, but didn't buy it, nor actually see it, also didn't take pictures, but you're supposed to believe him! He was just there for the pink and blue ones ;)
Why would I buy it when I bought the bundle? Why would I take pictures? To please everyone here? Logic=Fail. Look. They didn't have the stuff out and they had to go to the back and grab it. When they came up both myself and the first guy in line had to tell them no, we don't need him becasue he's already in the bundle, but we want the pink and blue... which they had to have another person go look for. Like I said, believe me or not. Doesn't matter to me & that's all I had have to say about it. Zip code is 55405 at the Nicollet Mall Target. Already looked on Brickseek for you losers and naturally they list zero. You think they would still be there regardless? Of course it would say zero. Not to mention Brickseek is quite unreliable as can be seen with the Edward Scissorhands Target Exclusive Steelbook that came out on Tuesday, with Brickseek saying such and such stores had it, when they didn't - and such and such stores with 0 copies that actually had several. Call them, ask them if they had it, do whatever you want. Even if you give them the DPCI number, it doesn't mean the employee you talk to even knows wtf they are talking about. I picked up the steelbook today right after the bundle and pink/blue yoshis, right after I had just given it's DPCI to the lady and being told they had none in stock. Walked past the movie section on my way out and there it was. For all I know, they seperated some of the bundles. Who the fuck knows. All I know is what I saw. What reason, at all, would I have to make it up? None. Thank you. Goodnight.

Pre-ordered the AC 3-pack, only want KK really so I'll cancel if he's available by himself or if I can pre-ordered at BBY

With the Walmart order cancel stories I've seen, I'll take my chances waiting in line at Target again. Today and last 2 waves haven't failed me yet. I've been the 2nd/3rd person in line for each 1/2 hour before opening.

With the Walmart order cancel stories I've seen, I'll take my chances waiting in line at Target again. Today and last 2 waves haven't failed me yet. I've been the 2nd/3rd person in line for each 1/2 hour before opening.
I've cancelled online at Walmart before, no problem. Not sure what stories you're talking about.

I'm referring to people having their pre-orders cancelled by Walmart. Not of their own accord.
Yeah, I've managed to get my preorders in for the last few waves at Walmart, and all of them ended up "backordered" when if's time to ship them.. and then after ~3 weeks of absolutely no update on their end, I just cancel the order..

Got a blue Yoshi at FYE this morning around 11am. I don't think there was anyone there before me. They had 4 blue and 4 pink.

Aside from Ganondorf, I've yet to have one amiibo order come in via Wal-Mart. I've ordered at least half a dozen or so since Summer, so that's pretty shitty odds.

I'm still waiting for my pink Yarn Yoshi from them, but past experience says I'll never get it.

Last edited:
Time to give back to this thread with my first Amiibo hunting report, from NW Atlanta...

Best Buy: I arrived about 10 minutes early for the 10 AM opening, with two other hunters there.  We each got one of each single Yoshi.  They were not on the floor, so we had to ask for them.  I don't know how many they had total.  They also had quite a few Classic Color Marios, to my surprise.  (I guess these are seeing restocks?)  This store had by far the best Amiibo selection among these three stores.

Target: I heard from one of the BB hunters that two people scooped up all the single Yoshis immediately at 8 AM opening, leaving him empty-handed.  Pretty poor form.  They still had bundles left when I stopped by later.

Toys R Us: There were easily 10+ of each Yoshi color on the floor, along with a few bundles, when I stopped by at 11 AM.  I didn't see anyone else looking for them, so they should last a little while.

I preordered the Yoshi bundle from BB online, and it should be arriving today.  So I am all set for Yoshi Amiibo!

Pretty smooth getting Pink/Blue Yoshi's at a BBY I stopped at, they had about 10 of each.

The only thing that is starting to irritate me is this practice of holding the items behind a counter. I support the practice, but when I have to wait more than 1 minute to be acknowledged to hand over the product I want to bitch like a little baby. Especially when I'm running around on my lunch break trying to get these. I had to wait 5 minutes for one of the clerks to look up from their computer helping other people. Really pisses me off! These Yoshi's aren't going to be any more popular than the restocks, so just put them out on the damn floor!!

And now a random question... I was somewhat disappointed to find that the Bowser Superchargers Amiibo only comes with the Wii or 3DS version AND that the game only includes the racing component.  This second part is quite deceptive, in my opinion, since they have nearly identical packaging as the other platforms, and the same price.  (Old news for most, but I just looked into it for the first time.)

It this really the only way to get this Amiibo, besides secondary market?  I am pretty sure the answer is yes, but just making sure.  I am only interested in this one (not so much Donkey Kong), so I am inclined to get the Wii version, and try to buy the Wii U game separately.

Thanks!

Apparently the Woolly World bundle was just delivered to my house courtesy of an Amazon text message. Not concerned about the color variants but glad to see most of you have been successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back