Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
How many Pink/Blue yarn yoshi's are everyone see at their respective stores? I am hoping to get one at Best Buy around 12pm est but Idk if that will be too late.
For anyone wondering about going later in the day, my store had plenty a little after 1pm and no one else in that section. This is in the Fort Lauderdale store.

[attachment=17767:20151016_131836.jpg]

Pretty smooth getting Pink/Blue Yoshi's at a BBY I stopped at, they had about 10 of each.

The only thing that is starting to irritate me is this practice of holding the items behind a counter. I support the practice, but when I have to wait more than 1 minute to be acknowledged to hand over the product I want to bitch like a little baby. Especially when I'm running around on my lunch break trying to get these. I had to wait 5 minutes for one of the clerks to look up from their computer helping other people. Really pisses me off! These Yoshi's aren't going to be any more popular than the restocks, so just put them out on the damn floor!!
I got a story to contribute to this, but after the last shitstorm my BB story caused I really don't think it's a good idea to share it.

At any rate it is an annoyance but it's better than not getting one because some asshat orders the whole stock in one sitting.

And now a random question... I was somewhat disappointed to find that the Bowser Superchargers Amiibo only comes with the Wii or 3DS version AND that the game only includes the racing component. This second part is quite deceptive, in my opinion, since they have nearly identical packaging as the other platforms, and the same price. (Old news for most, but I just looked into it for the first time.)

It this really the only way to get this Amiibo, besides secondary market? I am pretty sure the answer is yes, but just making sure. I am only interested in this one (not so much Donkey Kong), so I am inclined to get the Wii version, and try to buy the Wii U game separately.

Thanks!
Sure is. I was intrigued by these myself..... as much as Skylanders disgusts me, this game is getting ridiculously high reviews and apparently only requires 2 extra vehicle purchases to see everything. I made a post here saying had they not been so overpriced, or had both come bundled into one package, then I probably would've bit just to see what the fuss is all about.

Anyways since then I've been told by several people here Skylanders are notorious for plummeting in price, so hopefully these Wii/WiiU bundles will be no different. Before you go into the 2nd hand market or settle for the Wii version it may be worthwhile to wait until Black Friday..... it's just a month away and a couple guys here have said that Skylanders starter kits drop by as much as half on BF. The skymiibo's certainly aren't anything I have to have, but with how great this game is supposed to be I will consider buying the WiiU + 3DS version if they really do drop that much that quickly. That may be something you want to consider as well?

Last edited:
Drove to Cleveland for a meeting. Stopped at BB in Strongville and they had several pink and blue at CS. This was at 1:18. I will return the ones I purchased from Meijer when I return to Cbus.

FYI, the variation on each Yoshi amiibo is HUGE. I picked the ones with the most bulbous noses I could find haha. So frickin' adorable!
But there were several with crooked shoes and wonky faces in general. Be sure to check out the spines as well. One of the Blues looked a stegosaurus with those long spines! Wish I had a decent phone to take photos with.
I thought I was a little nutty when I noticed my pink & blue yoshi are super fat lol. If not for the eyes and nose, you could mistake them for baby yoshi (they're so cute). Then my green yoshi is quite skinny, haha. I love it, each one is just a little unique.
These are definitely my favorite amiibo yet.

I sure hate GameStop but.....

Just got back from GameStop in Middletown NJ. They had a ton of blue yoshi- maybe 15 or 20, maybe more. Only wanted a blue so didn't ask or look for the pink.

Great success.

I also must say this is the only GameStop I've ever been to where every employee isn't a straight up ass hat. They never bother me when I do go in there (rarely) and are always friendly. Solidly run store.

Pre-ordered the Animal Crossing Amiibo from Walmart. Will gladly cancel when Amazon or BBY has them up for order. I've had issues with security at Walmart.com, so I was hesitant to order from there. 

EDIT: And they were cancelled. Oh well. Probably better to get from Amazon/GS/BBY anyway.

My boss gave to go ahead for me to show up early today, then duck out to hit up BB when they opened.  When I showed up, there were maybe 3-5 cars with people waiting in them.  15 mins before the store opened, a group left their car to stand in the cold by the store.  At 10 til I joined them.  Ended up with about 6-8 Amiibo buyers, with a few other shoppers not doing Amiibo buying.

The Amiibo section had none of the Yoshi.  We wandered back to the middle-store island and asked them about it.  They did a search and confirmed that the store had 14 blue ones, so they sent someone in back.  In the meantime, someone noticed that a couple of them were on the shelves next to Wooly World.  They took them and left, leaving most of us wandering around aimlessly while waiting for the people in back to deliver.  5-10 minutes later 2 BB employees come out with their arms overflowing with yarn Yoshi Amiibo.

I snagged one of each and went up front to get my in store pickup preorder of the Wooly World bundle.  So happy it was easy to get everything today, although it'd be nice if BB would properly stock the shelves on release day.

edit: MINNESOTA REPRESENT!

Why would I buy it when I bought the bundle? Why would I take pictures? To please everyone here? Logic=Fail. Look. They didn't have the stuff out and they had to go to the back and grab it. When they came up both myself and the first guy in line had to tell them no, we don't need him becasue he's already in the bundle, but we want the pink and blue... which they had to have another person go look for. Like I said, believe me or not. Doesn't matter to me & that's all I had have to say about it. Zip code is 55405 at the Nicollet Mall Target. Already looked on Brickseek for you losers and naturally they list zero. You think they would still be there regardless? Of course it would say zero. Not to mention Brickseek is quite unreliable as can be seen with the Edward Scissorhands Target Exclusive Steelbook that came out on Tuesday, with Brickseek saying such and such stores had it, when they didn't - and such and such stores with 0 copies that actually had several. Call them, ask them if they had it, do whatever you want. Even if you give them the DPCI number, it doesn't mean the employee you talk to even knows wtf they are talking about. I picked up the steelbook today right after the bundle and pink/blue yoshis, right after I had just given it's DPCI to the lady and being told they had none in stock. Walked past the movie section on my way out and there it was. For all I know, they seperated some of the bundles. Who the fuck knows. All I know is what I saw. What reason, at all, would I have to make it up? None. Thank you. Goodnight.
Oh hey I live in Minneapolis too. Just got off the phone with the Nicollet Mall Target. The worker was completely informed, knew exactly what I was talking about, confirmed they never had and singles of Green Yoshi at opening this morning, and also confirmed that green Yoshi is exclusive to the bundle, as also confirmed by the Nintendo rep that was at their store this morning.

Like I said, you never saw it. You were wrong. You also can't check brickseek for green yarn yoshi because it's an item that doesn't yet exist.

As far as the steelbook goes, that's because the DPCI for the Edward Scissorhands steelbook sold in stores for $9.99 is 058-32-0623. That's the one they actually have. Which is completely different from the wrong listing on the website which is 058-40-0451 for $24.99 and not active in the system. You'd know this if you followed the steelbook thread here on CAG. Brickseek is very reliable. It also updates within 15 minutes usually.

Stop posting false information. and when you do, don't be surprised nor argumentative when people are obviously going to point out that your info is incorrect.

basically, PEBKAC. AND A GOOD DAY TO YOU, SIR.

The skymiibo's certainly aren't anything I have to have, but with how great this game is supposed to be I will consider buying the WiiU + 3DS version if they really do drop that much that quickly. That may be something you want to consider as well?
Thanks for the feedback. Regarding your last point, I have already set up an Amazon price watch with that in mind. O:) I can certainly wait a month or so to see what happens to the price.

First time I go to the store for an amiibo before the store opened. Went to Best Buy 5 minutes before they opened and there was a crowd of people that I could tell was mostly not there for amiibos. When they opened most of the crowd went to the geek squad and a handful of us went to the amino. Plenty of yarn Yoshi for everyone and a sea of Marth, lol.

Got all three pre orders in this morning at walmart.com(Amiibo 3 pack, Tom Nook, and Mewtwo) hope they dont get canceled. If they show up at best buy.com I will order from them since I have GCU otherwise I will be satisfied with walmart as long as they deliver the order. My Pink and Blue Yoshi are arriving Monday from Target, hope they dont come damaged..my Yoshi Bundle from Best Buy  delivery got delayed due to the weather situation here in SoCal, which sucks since here in LA we didnt get any rain but in the high desert they had torrential rain which I guess affected UPS drivers delivering packages

so how is wooly world by the way? I cant wait to get home and play it tonight. my oldest daughter has enjoyed playing the yoshi titles with me. just curious to hear about it from those who have played it.

Oh hey I live in Minneapolis too. Just got off the phone with the Nicollet Mall Target. The worker was completely informed, knew exactly what I was talking about, confirmed they never had and singles of Green Yoshi at opening this morning, and also confirmed that green Yoshi is exclusive to the bundle, as also confirmed by the Nintendo rep that was at their store this morning.

Like I said, you never saw it. You were wrong. You also can't check brickseek for green yarn yoshi because it's an item that doesn't yet exist.

As far as the steelbook goes, that's because the DPCI for the Edward Scissorhands steelbook sold in stores for $9.99 is 058-32-0623. That's the one they actually have. Which is completely different from the wrong listing on the website which is 058-40-0451 for $24.99 and not active in the system. You'd know this if you followed the steelbook thread here on CAG. Brickseek is very reliable. It also updates within 15 minutes usually.

Stop posting false information. and when you do, don't be surprised nor argumentative when people are obviously going to point out that your info is incorrect.

basically, PEBKAC. AND A GOOD DAY TO YOU, SIR.
Lmfao. For starters, I am well aware of the incorrect DPCI for the steelbook on the site you dorkhole. I gave them the effing correct number and both Brickseek and Target employees were wrong with the correct one. Way to assume I'm an idiot, idiot. Secondly, and last of all. I don't give a rats ass what you or anyone else believes or doesn't believe. I was there, you weren't, but there's very little chance I could ever track down anyone that purchased the ones that were sitting there which in my best guess was 5 of them. YEah, you spoke to an employee. Just like all of the employees who told me they had zero stock of the steelbook with THE CORRECT DPCI - the same as all of the other people who had issues with Brickseek and Target with the correct DPCI. You know, becasue the employee is always right, right?

Here's one for you. Prove I was wrong. Pics or video that they weren't sitting there on the counter, or it happened. I have absolutely ZERO reason to just make it up. What purpose would it even serve? Maybe you have an issue with talking shit for no reason so you find it natural for others? Who knows. At this point, does it even effing matter if I made it up or not? Why would you be so upset about it? It's as easy as thinking to yourself - this guy is lying and/or hallucinating and doesn't realize it - then leave it as that. Why the need to be all "OMGZOMGOGOMGOMGOMG!!!! YOU"RE LYINGZZIZIMF(##R#!!!!! HOLY CREKRF#()RKF(@#$)T(#!!!!!"

Christ people. Settle down. Don't believe it? Who gives a crap? Are you going to let it ruin your entire day? Get over it.

Lol, love when dipshits get owned, especially when it's local.

Nah, just trying to spread lies and got called on his bullshit.
I got "owned" on absolutely nothing. Nor did I cet "called" on any bullshit. Glad it's upsetting you guys so much, lmfao. If it didn't happen, it didn't happen. Plain and simple. Why does it bother you so much? Move on guys, unless it really means that much to you. I just can't figure out why it would even matter if I was lying or not. You're just being pricks for pricks sake, which was already clarified in my previous post.

With people saying bad things about Walmart I'm VERY close to just running out and getting the Pink & Blue ones just in case... mine haven't shipped yet, but they're in "processing" stage still.  Walmart hasn't failed me yet with the others, so here's to hoping!  Gonna swing by a GS later and get my Yoshi bundle too!

Prove you're wrong? You're the only fucking person on all the internet claiming to have seen Green Yoshi by itself.
And? I'll ask one last time. Why does it bother you so much? Why does it even matter? Either get over it & not let someone else's possible lie not bother you so effing much, or go cry about it for a while & feel better later.

Fact. It really doesn't matter at all if I saw seperate green Yoshi or not.

And? I'll ask one last time. Why does it bother you so much? Why does it even matter? Either get over it & not let someone else's possible lie not bother you so effing much, or go cry about it for a while & feel better later.

Fact. It really doesn't matter at all if I saw seperate green Yoshi or not.
You sure you're not an alternate account of Rcerboss? This is exactly the same kind of convoluted logic he uses to distract from his lies and misinformation when people call him out. CAG is based on people providing accurate information. Whether that's about stock levels or pricing or whatever else. Misinformation can cause people to make poor buying decisions or drive long distances at the expense of time and money. So, yes, your lies do have an impact and if you can't be honest and truthful, you have no place posting here.

With people saying bad things about Walmart I'm VERY close to just running out and getting the Pink & Blue ones just in case... mine haven't shipped yet, but they're in "processing" stage still. Walmart hasn't failed me yet with the others, so here's to hoping! Gonna swing by a GS later and get my Yoshi bundle too!
Considering how they fucked up the price, I think it's downright naive to think they will ship. Mine certainly hasn't yet.

Forget the fact that I've only had one fucking amiibo ever ship for a moment. Pricing error's on Wal-Mart.com aren't THAT uncommon. I've jumped on several before. Unless you do site-to-store and get it in like a couple of hours, those have ALWAYS been cancelled to.

I hope I'm wrong, these Yoshi's have been a big hit to everyone I've shown them to, I know an extra to save as an X-Mas gift will make somebody's day. But history, both in terms of amiibo and trying to jump on WM price errors, tell me I'll never see it.

Last edited:
You sure you're not an alternate account of Rcerboss? This is exactly the same kind of convoluted logic he uses to distract from his lies and misinformation when people call him out. CAG is based on people providing accurate information. Whether that's about stock levels or pricing or whatever else. Misinformation can cause people to make poor buying decisions or drive long distances at the expense of time and money. So, yes, your lies do have an impact and if you can't be honest and truthful, you have no place posting here.
Lmao. Mr. High and Mighty "you have no place posting here". Add you to my prick just to be a prick list. Blaming someone else for a poor buying decision or driving long distances without first calling the store is on the idiot who does these things themselves, not on someone else. Give me a break. Don't be stupid. I have plenty of useful, productive, and helpful posts here. Not to mention a perfect seller/trader rating. Further, evn if I DID imagine seeing a green yoshi, or if I WAS in fact color blind... that doesn't mean I was lying. Go piss in your own pot, buddy. You nor anyone else here is going to hurt my feelings.

I've never spread a single piece of misinformation you colossal lying asshat.

How many times have you been told to mind your fucking business and leave me alone? That means don't have any contact with me, don't reply to me, don't even mention my name.

god, I've had an easier time training broken dogs than getting through to you :wall: They certainly learn faster.

Last edited:
I've never spread a single piece of misinformation you colossal lying asshat.

How many times have you been told to mind your fucking business and leave me alone? That means don't have any contact with me, don't reply to me, don't even mention my name.

god, I've had a harder time trying broken dogs than getting through to you :wall:
Eh. Pay no mind. He and a few others just need something to feel angry about. I bet they get picked on a lot in real life.

Didnt know that the DCPI was wrong when i looked it up on their website yesterday, thanks found out some local stores have copies.

You guys can carry on now with what you were talking about

Didnt know that the DCPI was wrong when i looked it up on their website yesterday, thanks found out some local stores have copies.

You guys can carry on now with what you were talking about
LoLz. Thanks, but I'm finished with it all. I've said all I need to & already tried to get the others to be done with it as well. :)

As far as the Steelbook goes, don't be surprised if they don't have it even if Brickseek says they do. There are two threads over at Bluray.com with plenty of testimony that both Brickseek and Target employees have been wrong even with the correct number. Best thing is to just go and look for yourself. Myself and others have found it on an endcap, not to say you should look all over for it. Hope you get one! :)

The guy talking is in Spanish, but its the best vid I could find showing the unboxing and using other Amiibo's in the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFoPCECeON8

I haven't cancelled my Walmart Yoshi but I did order them from Target. Target order I will give to my nieces for xmas and if Walmart ships i'll just keep them sealed. but if Walmart does cancel then i'm just hoping they give me a $10 gift card for my trouble

My green Yoshi looks to be a bit of a fatass compared to some of the pics I've seen, but anyway, no biggie. Extra goomba in the diet I guess.

Time to crank up the game and see how it plays.

I haven't cancelled my Walmart Yoshi but I did order them from Target. Target order I will give to my nieces for xmas and if Walmart ships i'll just keep them sealed. but if Walmart does cancel then i'm just hoping they give me a $10 gift card for my trouble
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I wouldn't hold your breath. The only time they ever gave me a GC for cancelling my shit was a couple years ago when they screwed up a ton of prices and cancelled everybody's orders, making national news. Even then it was just a $5 GC IIRC.

They FINALLY cancelled my Zero Suit Samus/Olimar pre-order after sitting on it since launch earlier this week, and I didn't get shit.

Besides, they'd probably take less of a hit just sending you the amiibo at $13 than they would at giving you $10 for free.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back