Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
My green Yoshi looks to be a bit of a fatass compared to some of the pics I've seen, but anyway, no biggie. Extra goomba in the diet I guess.

Time to crank up the game and see how it plays.
He just ate a shy guy and hasn't pooped out the egg yet ... :)

I hear ya. Especially the ones that don't know when to f'ing leave things alone after everything has already calmed down.
Lmfao. For starters, I am well aware of the incorrect DPCI for the steelbook on the site you dorkhole. I gave them the effing correct number and both Brickseek and Target employees were wrong with the correct one. Way to assume I'm an idiot, idiot. Secondly, and last of all. I don't give a rats ass what you or anyone else believes or doesn't believe. I was there, you weren't, but there's very little chance I could ever track down anyone that purchased the ones that were sitting there which in my best guess was 5 of them. YEah, you spoke to an employee. Just like all of the employees who told me they had zero stock of the steelbook with THE CORRECT DPCI - the same as all of the other people who had issues with Brickseek and Target with the correct DPCI. You know, becasue the employee is always right, right?

Here's one for you. Prove I was wrong. Pics or video that they weren't sitting there on the counter, or it happened. I have absolutely ZERO reason to just make it up. What purpose would it even serve? Maybe you have an issue with talking shit for no reason so you find it natural for others? Who knows. At this point, does it even effing matter if I made it up or not? Why would you be so upset about it? It's as easy as thinking to yourself - this guy is lying and/or hallucinating and doesn't realize it - then leave it as that. Why the need to be all "OMGZOMGOGOMGOMGOMG!!!! YOU"RE LYINGZZIZIMF(##R#!!!!! HOLY CREKRF#()RKF(@#$)T(#!!!!!"

Christ people. Settle down. Don't believe it? Who gives a crap? Are you going to let it ruin your entire day? Get over it.
I got "owned" on absolutely nothing. Nor did I cet "called" on any bullshit. Glad it's upsetting you guys so much, lmfao. If it didn't happen, it didn't happen. Plain and simple. Why does it bother you so much? Move on guys, unless it really means that much to you. I just can't figure out why it would even matter if I was lying or not. You're just being pricks for pricks sake, which was already clarified in my previous post.
And? I'll ask one last time. Why does it bother you so much? Why does it even matter? Either get over it & not let someone else's possible lie not bother you so effing much, or go cry about it for a while & feel better later.

Fact. It really doesn't matter at all if I saw seperate green Yoshi or not.
Lmao. Mr. High and Mighty "you have no place posting here". Add you to my prick just to be a prick list. Blaming someone else for a poor buying decision or driving long distances without first calling the store is on the idiot who does these things themselves, not on someone else. Give me a break. Don't be stupid. I have plenty of useful, productive, and helpful posts here. Not to mention a perfect seller/trader rating. Further, evn if I DID imagine seeing a green yoshi, or if I WAS in fact color blind... that doesn't mean I was lying. Go piss in your own pot, buddy. You nor anyone else here is going to hurt my feelings.
Not really. Those DPCI numbers have been around for quite a while.
Eh. Pay no mind. He and a few others just need something to feel angry about. I bet they get picked on a lot in real life.
LoLz. Thanks, but I'm finished with it all. I've said all I need to & already tried to get the others to be done with it as well. :)

As far as the Steelbook goes, don't be surprised if they don't have it even if Brickseek says they do. There are two threads over at Bluray.com with plenty of testimony that both Brickseek and Target employees have been wrong even with the correct number. Best thing is to just go and look for yourself. Myself and others have found it on an endcap, not to say you should look all over for it. Hope you get one! :)

OMFGORZ! You're so talented at quoting my posts, but leaving out all the rest that I was responding to. Congrats. You've won both the 'I Completely Failed' & 'You're Doing it Wrong, Dumbass' awards. I'm happy to have been such a large part of your day and how it's been, as you've put quite a bit of effort into all of this. You know, with all that quoting only specific posts and the likes. I hope your day is better tomorrow.

That's from when they went online not in store. That's coming November 8th for in store restock. 

Had a preorder for light blue Yoshi with Walmart for almost a month now. Grabbed one from Amazon when they went up earlier. Not taking my chances, especially consider the cancellations that other have experienced with Walmart ... PLUS the fact that my preorder was when they screwed the price up at $12.96. That's just a cancellation waiting to happen. So once I snagged mine from Amazon, I deep six'd the Walmart preorder.

One place has a blue Yoshi, but I can't go until tomorrow. Missed them going up on Amazon. Dang it, completely forgot about this while at work. 

[quote name="Rychy" post="12972938" timestamp="1445039718"]One place has a blue Yoshi, but I can't go until tomorrow. Missed them going up on Amazon. Dang it, completely forgot about this while at work. [/quote]
WeChat is your answer. Never again miss when an Amiibo goes up online.

Just scanned all Amiibo except Robin and Lucina (as I still need to track those down) into Yoshi's Woolly World, and the costumes are adorable. 

Chibi Robo just unlocks a generic "Amiibo" costume with the Amiibo "a" on Yoshi's stomach.

Strangely though, none of the Pokemon unlock a costume.  WTF?  Megaman, Sonic, PacMan, all three Splatoon amiibos, all unlock a costume.  But all 5 pokemon just trigger the same generic Amiibo costume as Chibi Robo.  Very odd.

[quote name="ElvisTheGreat" post="12972952" timestamp="1445040394"]They'll suck your dick for free.[/quote]
Someone should have said something earlier. In for all three.

I walked to target (liberty, mo) after 2pm no yoshi amiibos to be found on pegs. They have 5 each on the counter look so cute. I end up picked up 1 each. Stopped at bestbuy picked 2 cheap used xbox 1 & ps4 games and saw 3 each yoshi amiibos. Picked 2 more will return 2 back to target tomorrow. Can't beat guc 20% ;)

Got my Pink & Blue Yoshi amiibo from Target & Yoshi's Wooly World w/ Green Yoshi from BB today. Nice surprise having them all arrive at once.

W/ Falco ordered, I just need Mewtwo & the Mii Fighters and I'm all done.

Argh, Tom Nook is available for pre-order at Walmart, but between the fact that Best Buy has been so good with amiibo stock lately and the reports of Wal-Mart orders being stuck in purgatory, I just don't know if I can pull the trigger on him.

BUT I WANT HIM SO MUCH

(Also nabbed both a blue and pink Yarn Yoshi today at my local Best Buy.  Last blue one too.)

Target's in store available feature on their website, doesn't seem to be very good or slow to update. I've called a few store that were "in stock" or "low stock" and they didn't have any. 

Local Target had a few Pink and 2 Blue Yoshi in stock.  Decided to pass and wait for my Walmart orders to ship.  Bundle came in from BB today though so that's good.

I went by Best Buy to get my bundle today. I was going to hit up Target for a blue Yoshi before work, but got sidetracked. Started by going to the amiibo at Best Buy, and they had 2 each of blue and pink on the shelves. Opted to just get blue, no pink, as no one I knew wanted it, and I'm not a hoarder. They also had a rather hefty restock of other amiibo chilling on the display. Lots of Greninjas, Zeldas, a few Dark Pits, and I don't know what else. Sadly, no Charizard. Played the first 3 levels with my brother-in-law, unsure of my affection for the game. It's definitely enough of a platformer twist to provide some challenge with the mechanics adjustments, and the game's quite adorable. After the mention of a difficult-to-100% game, I was kind of disappointed in how easy the game ACTUALLY was. It's solid, nothing amazing, but something adorable.

Gonna probably take the 8-bit Classic I got from Target back to the store, I just can't muster up any excitement for it. If I change my mind, Best Buy had a swarm, and I'd get the GCU discount on it.

Now, two mini-rants:

1. Best Buy, who the hell trains employees to ruin stuff so thoroughly? Those idiots threw an order pick-up sticker on my ACTUAL game box. That thing won't come out with damaging the box, so it's stuck there, and I'm annoyed. More importantly, there was noticeable damage to said box. In the aisle, the two copies on the shelf (it seems they just didn't have enough shelf space for these, same with the yarn amiibo) were given those cable locks that were DESTROYING the boxes. It's so stupid to be so reckless and destructive with your company's products.

2. Who made these amiibo functionality decisions? I'm glad the Dr. Mario I got my brother-in-law works with the game, Dr. Yoshi's pretty pimp. However, NONE of the Pokemon work with it? How the hell did they pass up a chance at Pikachu Yoshi? My sister (to whom I gave the green yarn Yoshi in the bundle) would have totally gotten the Pikachu amiibo just for this game and that functionality. Instead, there's no reason to. I wanted to get Charizard, but the lack of integration with this game disappointed me as well.

/rants

I went by Best Buy to get my bundle today. I was going to hit up Target for a blue Yoshi before work, but got sidetracked. Started by going to the amiibo at Best Buy, and they had 2 each of blue and pink on the shelves. Opted to just get blue, no pink, as no one I knew wanted it, and I'm not a hoarder. They also had a rather hefty restock of other amiibo chilling on the display. Lots of Greninjas, Zeldas, a few Dark Pits, and I don't know what else. Sadly, no Charizard. Played the first 3 levels with my brother-in-law, unsure of my affection for the game. It's definitely enough of a platformer twist to provide some challenge with the mechanics adjustments, and the game's quite adorable. After the mention of a difficult-to-100% game, I was kind of disappointed in how easy the game ACTUALLY was. It's solid, nothing amazing, but something adorable.

Gonna probably take the 8-bit Classic I got from Target back to the store, I just can't muster up any excitement for it. If I change my mind, Best Buy had a swarm, and I'd get the GCU discount on it.

Now, two mini-rants:

1. Best Buy, who the hell trains employees to ruin stuff so thoroughly? Those idiots threw an order pick-up sticker on my ACTUAL game box. That thing won't come out with damaging the box, so it's stuck there, and I'm annoyed. More importantly, there was noticeable damage to said box. In the aisle, the two copies on the shelf (it seems they just didn't have enough shelf space for these, same with the yarn amiibo) were given those cable locks that were DESTROYING the boxes. It's so stupid to be so reckless and destructive with your company's products.

2. Who made these amiibo functionality decisions? I'm glad the Dr. Mario I got my brother-in-law works with the game, Dr. Yoshi's pretty pimp. However, NONE of the Pokemon work with it? How the hell did they pass up a chance at Pikachu Yoshi? My sister (to whom I gave the green yarn Yoshi in the bundle) would have totally gotten the Pikachu amiibo just for this game and that functionality. Instead, there's no reason to. I wanted to get Charizard, but the lack of integration with this game disappointed me as well.

/rants
A really helpful pro-tip: use a blowdryer on a hot setting and aim at the sticker for a good amount of time, it will peel offer like there never was a sticker. It's serisoily Magic.

I was able to pull the sticker off very easily. Just gotta do it slow. Don't be like the employee that decided to do it for me on my chibi-Robo bundle (he was trying to be nice, so I didn't have the heart to tell him, "please don't..."). He ripped it off quick. That messed up the box of the amiibo itself, but I can get it off so no big deal. Slow and steady, it'll come right off.

Worse care scenario, if you mess it up and are able to find a perfect bundle at another best buy it's easy enough to exchange. I exchanged mario maker with the sticker still on, since the box they gave me was cut into and was missing most of the cover.

I just peeled it off no blow dryer or anything and didn't harm the box at all. Best Buy pick up stickers have never done damage to any product I've bought.

Just scanned all Amiibo except Robin and Lucina (as I still need to track those down) into Yoshi's Woolly World, and the costumes are adorable.

Chibi Robo just unlocks a generic "Amiibo" costume with the Amiibo "a" on Yoshi's stomach.

Strangely though, none of the Pokemon unlock a costume. WTF? Megaman, Sonic, PacMan, all three Splatoon amiibos, all unlock a costume. But all 5 pokemon just trigger the same generic Amiibo costume as Chibi Robo. Very odd.
The pokemon amiibo also just do generic coins in chubi robo, odd

/rants
The Pokemon Company is the reason the Pokemon Amiibo functions lack anything for most Nintendo games since they're pretty restrictive and a pain an ass to deal with.

As had already been said, the stickers put on items for pick up from BBY come off clean easily. The only way it would have left residue is if you fucked it up.

Sorry for being so crass, but you have to know that part is your fault and no one else's.

The rest of your complaints though I agree with though. Spider wire is like the anti Christ for game/collectors.

Best Buy stickers come off ridiculously easy on all my products. I haven't had an issue with any of them. Definitely not the same as GameStop or Amazon

Oh, maybe I'll give it a try at my next opportunity. As I've mention here before, my Wii U stays at my sister's, so the box is there. Anytime there's a sticker on something, I just assume all hope is lost. I don't want to screw up a box.

The hair dryer thing, I considered before. I've watched that witchcraft firsthand before. I bought a used golf club and watched the dude heat up the sticker and basically pick it up off of the shaft of the club, which is what had that thought in my head to begin with (though I wasn't sure how the box would react to it)

The Pokemon Company is the reason the Pokemon Amiibo functions lack anything for most Nintendo games since they're pretty restrictive and a pain an ass to deal with.
I don't get how that happens. I mean, Nintendo owns them, right? Can't they just tell them to suck it up and enjoy the cash cow that is Pokemon amiibo? I'm waiting for the day they throw out 1,000 of them between all of the Pokermans and their shinies and mega evolutions and made-up crap ideas people will gobble up with the fury of a thousand suns.

Agreed, and I'm actually a bit confused by the size complaints. How big did people expect it to be? I assumed it was just going to be in the general ballpark of other amiibo. When I saw folks saying it was smaller than they expected, I thought it'd be maybe a bit smaller than a standard amiibo. Once I got to Best Buy and saw it, I was surprised to see that it was fairly sizable. It's maybe a little larger than I thought it would be from the start, and a good bit bigger than I was expecting when people said it seemed on the small side. I'm quite happy with the size and quality of these things, and I'll probably be looking like a creep in front of Toys R Us for that exclusive Giant Yarn Yoshi on 11/15.

Pick up stickers come off with little effort and no damage. They did to mine and I got it off just fine.
USUALLY I've had the same result. My PS4 Disney Infinity bundle and 1 Amiibo (forget which because I open them) would disagree. Not good for collectors but also not good for people looking to provide a gift.

I was one that mentioned the size being smaller than expected, but that wasn't a complaint, just an observation.  I think they look great and am very happy with them.  The higher price led me to believe they would be a bit larger than they are.  A stuffed knit toy isn't exactly expensive to make, I just hope they hold together well, I can see my youngest wanting to play with them a lot )they are a Christmas gift).  Still on the fence on the big boy Yoshi, but probably will do for it.

Hey guys...quick question.
I placed a pre order yesterday morning with go Hastings for the animal crossing Amiibos...but still don't see any type of charge or hold on my credit card. I read a few pages back that they charge your card immediately...so I'm just curious if anyone else is in the same situation...in other words...is my order about to get canceled. Still waiting to hear back from customer service...but since Ive never ordered from these guys...thought maybe one of you would have some input

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back