amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
There was 8% ebay bucks for sellers and buyers these past few days. That gives you a little more wiggle room to make money at $40 if you count ebay bucks as cash.

8% back in Ebay bucks essentially makes the fees $2. Possibly you could get away with $4 shipping if the Metroid Amiibo in a box is 16 ounces or under so it can be shipped via 1st class Package USPS.

That's $34. If you bought at Best Buy with GCU it would have probably cost you a little under $26 after tax or a $8 profit which is good profit. I mean if you're always buying sht and making $8 off every $26 you put then that's good.

Don't get me wrong though I wouldn't go out of my way to make $8 and wouldn't list it at $40 either. IT's too low. That's barely about list price plus tax. Maybe the reseller got it a deal on it. Or wants to convert gift cards to cash.

Now add in the paypal fee and packaging materials. I don't know about you lot, but my time is worth a hell of a lot more than all that.

They're listed individually on the BestBuy website, but pre-orders haven't opened for them yet.

The way the listing on Gamestop is worded, I believe you're buying all 4 individual figures and NOT a set of 4 in one package.

Final Edit: Here's the listing on Amazon.DE for the 4 pack: https://www.amazon.de/dp/B075MND5D2/ref=sr_1_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1505701693&sr=1-2&keywords=zelda+amiibo
What are you talking about? Best Buy has opened preorders multiple times for these amiibos.

Metroid 2 pack can easily become as plentiful as splatoon pack was and there isn't even a game to drive sales yet. All depends..

Oh wait there is that 3ds game...

It unlocks fusion mode, a difficulty setting in Samus Returns. A pretty big thing to have locked behind an amiibo paywall if you ask me.

Metroid 2 pack can easily become as plentiful as splatoon pack was and there isn't even a game to drive sales yet. All depends..

Anything is possible, but I will tell you that every Best Buy, Gamestop and Toys R Us in San Diego was sold out of the two pack by Saturday afternoon and none of them had any indication that restock would be coming. I had to call around for a replacement because Best Buy somehow managed to crush mine despite shipping it in a box that was more than big enough.

I doubt that, unless they up production (I have a feeling they will make more, particularly around MP4 release). People have wanted a Metroid Amiibo for a very long time, even without considering the really great new 3DS game. Of all the new Amiibo announced at E3, this sold out the absolute fastest - even faster than the new Zelda four. Add in that we all know Metroid Prime 4 will almost certainly use them in some manner. This is going to be a really popular pack and I doubt it heads to clearance.

What are you talking about? Best Buy has opened preorders multiple times for these amiibos.
Per the question I quote and the link I placed there, I was talking about a 4 pack. BB has opened preorders for the 4 individual packs.

I doubt that, unless they up production (I have a feeling they will make more, particularly around MP4 release). People have wanted a Metroid Amiibo for a very long time, even without considering the really great new 3DS game. Of all the new Amiibo announced at E3, this sold out the absolute fastest - even faster than the new Zelda four. Add in that we all know Metroid Prime 4 will almost certainly use them in some manner. This is going to be a really popular pack and I doubt it heads to clearance.
Plus the Metroid amiibo is squishy. How cool is that?

Went into 3 TRU today for Amiibo hunting. All had multiple Samus (expected) but two had no Zero Suit. At the one that had Samus Zero Suit, the cashier said people have been buying a lot of the zero suit these days. He said he had 20+ more in the back. I think the problem is TRU took Zero Suit off their web site (at least I can't find it), so hard to tell where they are.

After some chatting, the cashier told me that Zelda BotW amiibos reprints should be available in a couple weeks; but, I'd take that with a grain of salt, because I asked him about the Champions release date and he never heard of them. He said TRU's inventory goes out to October 2nd right now, so that's how he knows about incoming Zelda BotW stock.

Great cashier. I'm going back to that TRU (if they're still around).

Went into 3 TRU today for Amiibo hunting. All had multiple Samus (expected) but two had no Zero Suit. At the one that had Samus Zero Suit, the cashier said people have been buying a lot of the zero suit these days. He said he had 20+ more in the back. I think the problem is TRU took Zero Suit off their web site (at least I can't find it), so hard to tell where they are.

After some chatting, the cashier told me that Zelda BotW amiibos reprints should be available in a couple weeks; but, I'd take that with a grain of salt, because I asked him about the Champions release date and he never heard of them. He said TRU's inventory goes out to October 2nd right now, so that's how he knows about incoming Zelda BotW stock.

Great cashier. I'm going back to that TRU (if they're still around).

I usually don't take much consideration of what anyone says at the store level of any corporation - usually the managers are the only ones who get the full picture, and even sometimes that generous. This cashier might be onto something though and just might be generall more informed on their own accord. Looks like some BotW reprints coming and a store exclusive Link as well.

NO doubt BotW reprints are coming.   Zelda is biggest game on Switch and Xmas is coming.   Lots of new Switch owners will appear and copies of BotW will fly out the door.  AT least half Nintendo's business is traditionally xmas quarter.  No doubt Nintendo will have BotW Amiibo for that occasion.   

However this doesn't mean every one of them gets a reprint.  I wouldn't be suprised if they hold back on one and certainly the one that hasn't sold as well so far would be reprinted in lesser numbers.

I mean, the proof is right their on their CPSIA of what's already being reprinted right now. They will undoubtedly be doing at least another 1-3 batches of BotW amiibo into the holiday season. I wouldn't expect Bokoblin to get any reprint, whereas most of the rest will, just possibly not multiple times.

Even exclusives and smash Link are getting reprints, the only thing I wouldn't hold my breath for is the three 30th Anniversary amiibo that released last holiday. If they do, awesome, but I think the likelihood is about 0%.

NO doubt BotW reprints are coming. Zelda is biggest game on Switch and Xmas is coming. Lots of new Switch owners will appear and copies of BotW will fly out the door. AT least half Nintendo's business is traditionally xmas quarter. No doubt Nintendo will have BotW Amiibo for that occasion.

However this doesn't mean every one of them gets a reprint. I wouldn't be suprised if they hold back on one and certainly the one that hasn't sold as well so far would be reprinted in lesser numbers.
All the reprints are already confirmed dude...

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11021/~/cpsia-certificates-of-compliance

BotW Zelda, Guardian, Link Archer, Link Rider, Wolf Link, Smash Link, Majora's Mask Link, and another Link (likely the 8-bit one) will all be reprinted. No more, no less

I have to resist the urge to squish it so I don't break it one day.
The innards of the Metroid are also soft (I figured they would be firm), so squishing (within reason) should not be a problem. What would have been really cool is if the fill it with gel and glitter of some kind instead of empty space to give it some depth and support.

They really need to come out with a Metroid executive desk toy/squishy. That would rock.

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11021/~/cpsia-certificates-of-compliance

BotW Zelda, Guardian, Link Archer, Link Rider, Wolf Link, Smash Link, Majora's Mask Link, and another Link (likely the 8-bit one) will all be reprinted. No more, no less
Was not aware of the reporting requirements. You are correct about 8-bit link if you download the PDFs. Manufactured in August 2017; I'm estimating October 2017 through November deliver to store (May 2017 manufactured amiibos were delivered as late as July and early August).

I wish they'd rerelease the Windwaker 2 pack. I already got Smah Link/8 bit link, wolf link etc. I guess the ones I got will tank in the value while the two I didn't will continue to skyrocket. :(

I mean, the proof is right their on their CPSIA of what's already being reprinted right now. They will undoubtedly be doing at least another 1-3 batches of BotW amiibo into the holiday season. I wouldn't expect Bokoblin to get any reprint, whereas most of the rest will, just possibly not multiple times.
Why not? There's been at least 1 Bokoblin reprint.

When was that? I thought bokoblin sold the worst at release, was the only one to linger on shelves until everyone started going amiibo crazy again, and has not been seen since. At least that is the only one I have never been able to find after passing at release. Seen all the others multiple times at tru, target, best buy, gamestop... but no bokoblin in months.

I put in an order with Gamestop. If something happens, and I miss a 4th order for these bloody amiibo, I am going to be a very angry face. 

When was that? I thought bokoblin sold the worst at release, was the only one to linger on shelves until everyone started going amiibo crazy again, and has not been seen since. At least that is the only one I have never been able to find after passing at release. Seen all the others multiple times at tru, target, best buy, gamestop... but no bokoblin in months.
There was a small release of them around late July or early August, I think. At least, I saw a couple pop up in stores.

Edit: Looking on Reddit, I wasn't the only one to find it. But it could have been a Target warehouse thing and not an actual reprint.

Nope, just the one run from Feb. 8, 2017 - I'm guessing a warehouse may have found an alottment at some point at that would explain any small restock that may have seemingly happened.

Nintendo's CPSIA sheet has all of the info to keep track of what's going on.

Will we ever get a reprint of the 4 exclusive Link amiibo? 3 of the 4 sold out way to fast for me and I could never find them for sale afterwards.
FWIW, the Twilight Princess exclusive got reprinted in July, but I'm pretty sure those were slowly trickled into stores because I was able to pick one up for a buddy in mid-August.

Yep - confirmed in the screenshot I posted above.

On the topic of 2packs. BB canceling orders not picked up yet so I picked today. Doesn't look like they're putting them online but maybe walk into a store if you're nearby.

Wow thanks for the news on the official reprints! I've been wanting to get SSB Link and Zelda for a while now but had no luck. I have the three link exclusives for trade but it didn't work out. Maybe now I'll be able to successfully trade them or just go out and buy them myself! Thanks again for the news!

NIce. I've said many times over that BotW would get reprinted. IT was obvious. The others I had no clue. Although in hindsight I think Nintendo has reprinted every store exclusive eventually right? And the 30th anniversary ones were store exclusives.

I guess I should sell mine now as well lol.

Man website suddenly started crashing all over the place for some reason. Did manage to get an order in for the Metroid 2 pack. Sucks I didn't get it when I saw it at BB with my GCU so I could save the 20% but at least I got the Majora Link at that time.

Man website suddenly started crashing all over the place for some reason. Did manage to get an order in for the Metroid 2 pack. Sucks I didn't get it when I saw it at BB with my GCU so I could save the 20% but at least I got the Majora Link at that time.
Hmm, where did you find Majora's Mask. Waiting for new shipment to arrive...

Hmm, where did you find Majora's Mask. Waiting for new shipment to arrive...
That was a while back. Probably wrong since these Metroid ones released last week around the time the hurricane hit us down here from the looks of it and I got the Majora one like a month or 2 ago. Got 1 on 2 different trips. Either I must've seen the Metroid 2-pack early on shelves or I got confused with me wanting to order the 2-pack from the website at the time I found the Majora Link. Either way those Majora Mask amiibo are long gone now I think, though they did restock in store at some point I believe since that was when I got the 2nd one.

That was a while back. Probably wrong since these Metroid ones released last week around the time the hurricane hit us down here from the looks of it and I got the Majora one like a month or 2 ago. Got 1 on 2 different trips. Either I must've seen the Metroid 2-pack early on shelves or I got confused with me wanting to order the 2-pack from the website at the time I found the Majora Link. Either way those Majora Mask amiibo are long gone now I think, though they did restock in store at some point I believe since that was when I got the 2nd one.
Gotcha! Thanks

I'm still hoping Twilight Princess Link comes back as a non-GS exclusive, like what happened with some of the exclusives from gen 1 a year later.

Not a spare :|

You mean TP Link, not the wolf? Doh!
No it was wolf link. He was even available in store.

I reread your op and realize your referring to the other TP link. Oops. Lol. This one came bundled with the WiiU TP rerelease initially, so technically they are both TP links.

Sold 2 Majora's Masks for $58 per.    Selling the TP LInk too.  Also sold a new (smash) Zelda that I had found for cheap a few months back.  

bread's done
Back