amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Do I trust Target with any preorders? Pretty salty they never fulfilled by Wind Waker 2 pack preorder...
Target is very hit or miss. They never shipped out the Isabelle Smash reprint for me. I think that was when I stopped trusting them with Amiibo orders unless they were the only place with a figure.

Gamestop has got them online or in store so I’d go with a GameStop in store preorder before I’d trust Target.

I was able to get orders in at target and amazon for Zelda and ganon. I don't trust target so I'll just use that as a backup if Amazon doesn't work out for whatever reason.

Guessing the preorders on amazon for both are gone then? Can't seem to find them. Would like to have a backup to.

Best Buy updated and they both shipped.

I had an order for that xenoblade 2 pack but cancelled it. I don't care to pay $40 for something just because it's tough to get for people that want it.

Ganon and Zelda both shipped for me from Target. Had forgotten about them and was wondering why I was getting a shipping notification.

I bought Zelda and Ganon from Best Buy. Order gets delivered and it's two Ganondorfs in the box. Ffs
I saw somebody on Reddit get two Zeldas instead of one of each, you should trade!

My Ganondorf from Best buy arrived today and it was beat to hell. Came in a box but no padding.

FYI on anyone with orders for the upcoming Splatoon Amiibo at Best Buy they may want to cancel. 

Since the Zelda Amiibo greyed out cancelation a week out I decided to cancel my Splatoon Amiibo today.  I had the 3 in one order.  All had a cancel button. Chose one to cancel.  It did not give me an option to cancel all 3 at once.  Canceled the 1 and then the option to cancel the other 2 greyed out!  I had to contact CS to cancel them.  

I don’t know what is going on with their cancellation process but it is definitely wonky so watch out.  

With the GS deal today for $5 off $15+ store pick up orders, ordered the three TotK amiibo in separate orders. Now to return the ones coming from BB.

With the GS deal today for $5 off $15+ store pick up orders, ordered the three TotK amiibo in separate orders. Now to return the ones coming from BB.
Yeah, I got Zelda and Ganondorf from Best Buy last night (in store pickup), so I'm just going to get them at Gamestop, peel the stickers off, and then return them at BB across the parking lot. Can't beat $10 off.

Some amiibo came out today
That is true, and Gamestop is still doing the $5 off an in-store pickup order of $15 or more, meaning if you make one order each for Shiver, Frye, and Big Man, you'll save $15. I had already pre-ordered them at Best Buy, but did the pickup at Gamestop to save the money. I chose the ones with the best paint jobs and will be returning the duplicates tomorrow. Just like I did for Zelda and Ganondorf lol

I chose the ones with the best paint jobs and will be returning the duplicates tomorrow. Just like I did for Zelda and Ganondorf lol
These more recent Amiibo are surprisingly poor production quality when you have duplicates to compare, can see the variations in quality control. I did the same. If they have a sword, it’s most likely a sad looking curve that can’t stand up straight, and the paint details go over a lot of borderlines they aren’t supposed to. Zelda’s earrings look like bulbous goiters attached to her head, and the details on the Xenoblade 2 pack figures look terrible. They are cheaping out on production at the same they are raising prices. Seems to affect the female figures more now that I think about it, TOTK Ganon and Link looked fine I thought.

These more recent Amiibo are surprisingly poor production quality when you have duplicates to compare, can see the variations in quality control. I did the same. If they have a sword, it’s most likely a sad looking curve that can’t stand up straight, and the paint details go over a lot of borderlines they aren’t supposed to. Zelda’s earrings look like bulbous goiters attached to her head, and the details on the Xenoblade 2 pack figures look terrible. They are cheaping out on production at the same they are raising prices. Seems to affect the female figures more now that I think about it, TOTK Ganon and Link looked fine I thought.
Yeah, both of my Shiver amiibo were kind of iffy. One had what looked like medically-worrying chapped lips, while the other's face was good but had imperfections all over. I kept the latter since the face is the most important part, but it was pretty disappointing. Still, at least it's easier to get these things than when they first came out. I still have war flashbacks of waiting in line at the crack of dawn and staying up all night based on the rumor of pre-orders dropping.

Having said that though, the Pyra/Mythra and Noah/Mio stock is atrocious. I get Xenoblade is finally really popular now, but they shouldn't be selling out instantly. But that's just Nintendo and their artificial scarcity/weeb tax.

That is true, and Gamestop is still doing the $5 off an in-store pickup order of $15 or more, meaning if you make one order each for Shiver, Frye, and Big Man, you'll save $15. I had already pre-ordered them at Best Buy, but did the pickup at Gamestop to save the money. I chose the ones with the best paint jobs and will be returning the duplicates tomorrow. Just like I did for Zelda and Ganondorf lol
I had preordered at GameStop, but did the pickup instead. I had to go to 2 stores though since my close store didn’t get Shiver in. My store is cool though, they understood doing online to save some money. In fact the employee says they do that themselves.

Ugh, I keep missing the Sora pre-orders. Hopefully this isn't another Pyra/Mythra scenario.

Hope not as well, though I did secure a Sora preorder at Target. Can't say I'm 100% confident that will ship though.

I missed out on Pyra/Mythra, just wasn't fast enough I guess. Will try again on its official release date.

Hope not as well, though I did secure a Sora preorder at Target. Can't say I'm 100% confident that will ship though.
Yeah, I managed to get Sora pre-ordered with Gamestop, though that $7.99 shipping charge really hurt. Did you know they just raised it to $10.99? Glad I got in at the lower rate.

I had the opportunity to go with Target, but they've been really bad for me with pre-ordering limited items and I didn't want to risk Sora getting infinitely delayed. I keep crossing my fingers Best Buy restocks, so I can do in-store pickup.

Yeah, I managed to get Sora pre-ordered with Gamestop, though that $7.99 shipping charge really hurt. Did you know they just raised it to $10.99? Glad I got in at the lower rate.

I had the opportunity to go with Target, but they've been really bad for me with pre-ordering limited items and I didn't want to risk Sora getting infinitely delayed. I keep crossing my fingers Best Buy restocks, so I can do in-store pickup.
You can preorder Sora in store at GameStop to avoid the shipping fee.

You can preorder Sora in store at GameStop to avoid the shipping fee.
I heard about that, but thought it was just one of their web in-store orders, where you'd still have to pay shipping. If it's for in-store pickup, I'll absolutely go with that. Guess I better go down there before they run out.

I heard about that, but thought it was just one of their web in-store orders, where you'd still have to pay shipping. If it's for in-store pickup, I'll absolutely go with that. Guess I better go down there before they run out.
No, all the recent Amiibo have been preorderable in store (Zelda, Splatoon, Noah& Mio) for pickup. I have Noah & Mio preordered in store.

$10.99 shipping? Good lord, that's ridiculous!

Does anyone know if Noah and Mio can still be prerordered at Gamestop in store? If so, I may actually venture into Gamestop for the first time in well over a year.

$10.99 shipping? Good lord, that's ridiculous!

Does anyone know if Noah and Mio can still be prerordered at Gamestop in store? If so, I may actually venture into Gamestop for the first time in well over a year.
Yes! I got Sora and Noah/Mio pre-ordered at Gamestop today for in-store pickup, so it's definitely worth a look to see if your store still has them available.

I'll probably keep my Noah/Mio Best Buy pre-order so I can get the best paint on them (and in case either store cancels on me). Might as well have the prettiest Xenoblade amiibo collection lol

Yes! I got Sora and Noah/Mio pre-ordered at Gamestop today for in-store pickup, so it's definitely worth a look to see if your store still has them available.

I'll probably keep my Noah/Mio Best Buy pre-order so I can get the best paint on them (and in case either store cancels on me). Might as well have the prettiest Xenoblade amiibo collection lol
You can also use your $5 Pro coupon at pickup. Especially good since you have to use it on a physical item now.

My phone alerts me of every Wario 64 and Cheap Ass Gamer tweet, except for when Sora is in stock at Best Buy. It's so specific, I'm almost impressed. Luckily, I got him pre-ordered at Gamestop in-store, but it'd be nice to have a backup.

My phone alerts me of every Wario 64 and Cheap Ass Gamer tweet, except for when Sora is in stock at Best Buy. It's so specific, I'm almost impressed. Luckily, I got him pre-ordered at Gamestop in-store, but it'd be nice to have a backup.
I got one at Target, but not confident in Target's ability to send it to me after they screwed me on the wind waker 2 pack

bread's done
Back