amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone mention the "sale" Toys R Us is having on amiibo's? 2 for $11 each. Started on 10/25, ends 10/31. Guessing BB is the better place/price depending on what you are looking for. Chibi‑Robo! Zip Lash was also $29.99 with the amiibo. Was looking for the Hot Wheel Nintendo cars but thought I'd take a look and at least mention if it wasn't already (which it probably was, and if so my bad).

Anyone mention the "sale" Toys R Us is having on amiibo's? 2 for $11 each. Started on 10/25, ends 10/31. Guessing BB is the better place/price depending on what you are looking for. Chibi‑Robo! Zip Lash was also $29.99 with the amiibo. Was looking for the Hot Wheel Nintendo cars but thought I'd take a look and at least mention if it wasn't already (which it probably was, and if so my bad).
Not a bad deal if you're lucky enough to find one that still has a Bowser Jr. left, or some others that aren't at BB. Near me that's a lot, as all my local BB has are lots of Marths, one rack of Fox, two racks of Pink Yarn Yoshis, and the usual commons. No more Lucario, Greninja, Little Mac, Shulk, Captain Falcon, Dark Pit, Ganondorf, ZSS, or any of the other Wave 5 characters.

I posted this over on GAF and figured I'd share it here as well:

Lots of new, Euro-exclusive amiibo stuff is now up for pre-order on Amazon.it with shipping to the US! :D

Animal Crossing amiibo Card Collector's Album + 1 Pack (Limited Edition)

Animal Crossing amiibo - K.K. (Individually carded)

Animal Crossing amiibo - Reese (Individually carded)

Animal Crossing amiibo - Cyrus (Individually carded)

Chibi Robo amiibo (Limited Edition)

They're all up on Amazon.de now too, but strangely can't be shipped to the US.

Also, not sure if anyone else is interested but the Project Zero/Fatal Frame LE set for Wii U is back up on Amazon.de with US shipping (choose Amazon as a seller):

Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water LE for Wii U

I just ordered all of the stuff listed above and got an e-mail saying my Famicom Robot & Mewtwo shipped from Amazon Japan - Life is good! :D

For what's his name who said Happy Home Designer wouldn't sell 1 million copies...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHj6PLfoaBI

Lots of new, Euro-exclusive amiibo stuff is now up for pre-order on Amazon.it with shipping to the US! :D

Also, not sure if anyone else is interested but the Project Zero/Fatal Frame LE set for Wii U is back up on Amazon.de with US shipping (choose Amazon as a seller):

I just ordered all of the stuff listed above and got an e-mail saying my Famicom Robot & Mewtwo shipped from Amazon Japan - Life is good! :D
Thanks! Ordered all the AC amiibo plus the collector's album. Ends up being roughly ~15 bucks per item. In my opinion well worth the extra dollar or so per amiibo just to avoid the hassle of lines and trying to get them online around the holidays. I think some of them will be easy to find, but I really wanted an extra Isabelle and Digby. And the collector's album is so much nicer than the other one releasing here in December. Again, that thing is worth 15 bucks considering how nice it is compared to the USA one.

Think the backer cards will differ from the US versions? All of my amiibos (except 'modern' Mario) are US releases.. but I really want to preorder these AC ones!

Every one, could anybody give me a reliable shipping agent in Janpan? I want to preorder some figures from Amazon.jp. But they can only ship the item to Japan domestic address.

why can't the wiiu be region free...
Or why can't NoA be more like NoE... felt that way about them ever since NoE took the risk on localizing Xenoblade, Last Story and Pandora's Tower whereas NoA did nothing. Not only that, but NoE has been releasing cool ass CEs for years now. NoA has only started doing it recently and of them either suck (looking at you Xenoblade X) or are idiotically exclusive to the NWS.

Not a bad deal if you're lucky enough to find one that still has a Bowser Jr. left, or some others that aren't at BB. Near me that's a lot, as all my local BB has are lots of Marths, one rack of Fox, two racks of Pink Yarn Yoshis, and the usual commons. No more Lucario, Greninja, Little Mac, Shulk, Captain Falcon, Dark Pit, Ganondorf, ZSS, or any of the other Wave 5 characters.
There were a ton of everything you mentioned. Employee was setting out Bowser Jr. Didn't see the Mega Yoshi though.

Or why can't NoA be more like NoE... felt that way about them ever since NoE took the risk on localizing Xenoblade, Last Story and Pandora's Tower whereas NoA did nothing. Not only that, but NoE has been releasing cool ass CEs for years now. NoA has only started doing it recently and of them either suck (looking at you Xenoblade X) or are idiotically exclusive to the NWS.
I don't know what happened to NoA, but they have declined, while NoE has began to excel. For years EU, got games late, or often times not at all. It's amazing how both regions have completely changed rolls.

What's even worse is the current region locking, which means I can't even buy cool LE bundles from other regions. Honestly for me, Nintendo on the whole has declined in recent years, so the fact that NoA is now clearly the worst, is really no big surprise, especially considering how American businesses in general mostly SUCK!

I don't know what happened to NoA, but they have declined, while NoE has began to excel. For years EU, got games late, or often times not at all. It's amazing how both regions have completely changed rolls.

What's even worse is the current region locking, which means I can't even buy cool LE bundles from other regions. Honestly for me, Nintendo on the whole has declined in recent years, so the fact that NoA is now clearly the worst, is really no big surprise, especially considering how American businesses in general mostly SUCK!
Yeah, NoE has been starting to get pretty good. However, I'd still prefer to be in the US due to the 3rd party support there. There's plenty of fantastic LE bundles from 3rd parties that I can't buy buy here in Europe, such as for Etrian Odyssey and Zero Escape. Plus Europe often has to wait months for games, such as Yo-Kai Watch, Legend of Legacy and every Atlus game.

Edit: Removing region lock would vastly reduce these issues for everyone. I hope Nintendo will learn that before they release the NX.

Yeah, NoE has been starting to get pretty good. However, I'd still prefer to be in the US due to the 3rd party support there. There's plenty of fantastic LE bundles from 3rd parties that I can't buy buy here in Europe, such as for Etrian Odyssey and Zero Escape. Plus Europe often has to wait months for games, such as Yo-Kai Watch, Legend of Legacy and every Atlus game.

Edit: Removing region lock would vastly reduce these issues for everyone. I hope Nintendo will learn that before they release the NX.
I completely agree, as I'm not looking to move out of the states anytime soon. LOL Overall, I think we do pretty well overall among all systems and consoles, with NoA really being the only weak link. We get tons of cool 3rd party LE bundles for PS3, PS4, Vita, 360, and ONE, as western developers treat us rather well(and Japanese 3rd parties as well).

As I've stated before, if "N" even closed up shop and went out of business tomorrow, I wouldn't loose much sleep. They have a very rich history, and almost anyone who considers themselves a "gamer" can't deny their contributions to gaming's history, but in recent years, they have caused way more hurt, than help, at least for me.

It would hurt a lot more to me to loose the Vita at this point, over the 3DS or Wii U, as I have more games and cool LE bundles there, than any thing for the current gen "N" systems.

I'll be honest, while NoE has gotten better in recent years, they're still much worse than NoA, who has also gotten better. I know that must sound strange to you, however if you look at the actual facts, NoA has brought over more LE bundles than they used to as well. NoA still gets many games before NoE, it's just that the internet has become such a culture of hate in general, and currently is making it popular to hate NoA by reporting on all of the games NoA gets later, or doesn't get a LE for. You don't however hear as much about what NoE doesn't get, or gets later. Most of the people who complain about NoA are Americans, whereas Europeans tend to still be more critical of NoE. It's a "grass is greener on the other side of the fence" situation. You know, kinda like how people are currently flipping out that we got Yoshi's Wooly World late, however Europe won't get Chibi-Robo for more than another week. There are, of course, many other examples, though you won't hear people in NA talking about it as much, because it doesn't affect them.

Yes, Europe got a physical version of FF5 while we only have digital (a game very few cared about in the first place), but for the most part NoA has been pretty on point with what we're getting. I know it's easy to fall into this culture of hate when you don't get everything you want, but we really don't have to.

I'll be honest, while NoE has gotten better in recent years, they're still much worse than NoA, who has also gotten better. I know that must sound strange to you, however if you look at the actual facts, NoA has brought over more LE bundles than they used to as well. NoA still gets many games before NoE, it's just that the internet has become such a culture of hate in general, and currently is making it popular to hate NoA by reporting on all of the games NoA gets later, or doesn't get a LE for. You don't however hear as much about what NoE doesn't get, or gets later. Most of the people who complain about NoA are Americans, whereas Europeans tend to still be more critical of NoE. It's a "grass is greener on the other side of the fence" situation. You know, kinda like how people are currently flipping out that we got Yoshi's Wooly World late, however Europe won't get Chibi-Robo for more than another week. There are, of course, many other examples, though you won't hear people in NA talking about it as much, because it doesn't affect them.

Yes, Europe got a physical version of FF5 while we only have digital (a game very few cared about in the first place), but for the most part NoA has been pretty on point with what we're getting. I know it's easy to fall into this culture of hate when you don't get everything you want, but we really don't have to.
I'm not new to the NoA "dislike" train, as I've been around since their arcade days. And have seen the good decisions, as well as the bad. I've seen management at NoA change hands a few times over the years. The Howard Lincoln years where my personal favorite.

I'm sorry, but in recent years, Club N here has gotten way worse than every other region, and where we used to get almost 90% of our games before EU, those numbers have changed dramatically. I don't complain just to do it, and until recent years, I never did really, as we where easily second in overall support behind Japan.

There is no way we are still second, as the N3DS standard model shows, and the recent LE EU gets, where the US should have. The Bayonetta 2 LE set should have been released here, and the fact that NoA now only releases certain items at the N World Store is complete BS. EU and Japan have rather good online shops, and ours is terrible by comparison as well.

It is what it is. Like I said, I'm not loosing sleep over NoA current choices, but anyone saying we aren't last in regards to the regions clearly isn't seeing the whole picture.

I'm not new to the NoA "dislike" train, as I've been around since their arcade days. And have seen the good decisions, as well as the bad. I've seen management at NoA change hands a few times over the years. The Howard Lincoln years where my personal favorite.

I'm sorry, but in recent years, Club N here has gotten way worse than every other region, and where we used to get almost 90% of our games before EU, those numbers have changed dramatically. I don't complain just to do it, and until recent years, I never did really, as we where easily second in overall support behind Japan.

There is no way we are still second, as the N3DS standard model shows, and the recent LE EU gets, where the US should have. The Bayonetta 2 LE set should have been released here, and the fact that NoA now only releases certain items at the N World Store is complete BS. EU and Japan have rather good online shops, and ours is terrible by comparison as well.

It is what it is. Like I said, I'm not loosing sleep over NoA current choices, but anyone saying we aren't last in regards to the regions clearly isn't seeing the whole picture.
I get what you're saying, and NoE is definitely getting better, but two LEs and the standard New 3DS (which we now have as well) are hardly some huge advantage, especially when we still get most games far in advance of Europe. It certainly seems like we don't given how people get crazy and overdramaticize everything, but the facts do remain. NoA is still much better than NoE.

NoA is still much better than NoE.
I'll agree to disagree here. I only mentioned a few things in regards to both regions, but there have been tons of games release there before here recently, several that have gotten physical releases VS our digital only, CN items that are way better than anyone's we got, way more LE system bundles for the 3DS, etc.

If I had the choice between what NoA has offered over the last 2 years, Vs. what NoE has had to offer, I wouldn't hesitate to go with NoE. The only real downside to their offering, is the cost of said items due to the exchange rates, but if items where side by side, cost to cost, EU wins hands down for me. NoA can go fuck themselves.

Heads up the Mii fighter amiibo 3 pack comes out tomorrow, 11/1, it is a toys r us exclusive with a minimum of 64 per store.

Im not 100% on the price

Might be speaking too soon. But major peg warmer. Gosh, even some NA completionists are skipping the Mii Fighters. How is TRU going to move 64 min per store? Even accounting for the holiday season and usual scalping activity, the situation seems bleak without the full force of the amiibo craze driving sales.

It's the retro 3pack all over again! So surprised ti still see those. Figured the nostalgia factor would have been thru the roof on those..may get the Mii 3pack but hold it for an xmas gift. All amiibo craze at my house died down. Gave them Chibi Robo and they threq it straight in the bin..left me to play the game which has been pretty fun.

r/amiibo had something up that said there's a morning deal tomorrow.

Buy the Mii Fighers pack, get another $13.99 amiibo for $9.99.  Deal is supposedly only good until noon.

Ugh fuck me. I missed Power Suit Samus restock on amazon by 10 minutes. First time I've seen her pop back up in over 3 months. Why did I wait to get her? :(

Nice little nugget in the new TRU ad. Mega Yarn Yoshi is listed and says it's $40 and out on 11.15. It also says, "Minimum 18 per store!"

So, no one should be hurting to find this thing. IDK if I can convince myself it's a good move. $40 for a bigger version of an amiibo I already have is mild salsa.

Nice little nugget in the new TRU ad. Mega Yarn Yoshi is listed and says it's $40 and out on 11.15. It also says, "Minimum 18 per store!"

So, no one should be hurting to find this thing. IDK if I can convince myself it's a good move. $40 for a bigger version of an amiibo I already have is mild salsa.
This has been mentioned before and 18 seems like a really tiny number compared to potential demand. I guess we'll see on the 15th how it shakes out.

Toys R Us has been mailing their holiday catalog out.  It has a 20% coupon in it works on anything, Nov 1 to Nov 21.

Scanned it for people who didn't get it.  Not sure if it will work on amiibos, since it says no video games or hardware, but amiibos aren't really either of those.

FT91Vun.jpg

It's a giant, huggable, snuggly yarn Yoshi.

You already know damn well you'll be getting it, and so will I.
Honestly, I probably won't. I've got the blue one, my sister was given the green I got in the bundle. Maybe if amiibo were better utilized, and the Wii U weren't knocking on Death's door, I might get it. Since I've decided to get the Halo 5 console this week, I'll probably pass. If I got this, it would be as a Christmas gift to my sister, most likely for decorative purposes.

On the other hand, I get paid the day after this comes out. I'll have to see how my spending shakes out the rest of this pay period. Might be a Christmas gift, might not.

This has been mentioned before and 18 seems like a really tiny number compared to potential demand. I guess we'll see on the 15th how it shakes out.
I know it was mentioned, just nice to see a 100% verification on it. Me, I think 18's pretty big when you consider the price of it.

Toys R Us has been mailing their holiday catalog out. It has a 20% coupon in it works on anything, Nov 1 to Nov 21.

Scanned it for people who didn't get it. Not sure if it will work on amiibos, since it says no video games or hardware, but amiibos aren't really either of those.

FT91Vun.jpg
"Only original coupons accepted"

Any way to get a paper copy just in case?

Do they have these catalogues in store?

"Only original coupons accepted"

Any way to get a paper copy just in case?

Do they have these catalogues in store?
Not sure if they are in store or not since I won't be going there till villager is out. Most of the time the cashiers don't read and scan it anyway so you really don't need an original.

dang, wish there were preorders available for the giant yarn yoshi amiibos. Looks like I'll have to get in line on a Sunday at TRU , lame !

No hardcore amiibo hunters here, idk maybe some waiting in cars. Going in now

Edit well about 5 people plenty of stock

Edit 2 coupon worked fine straight from forum view. She tried to read but i kept image small she gunned it and it took. $31.17 with tax

Only 64? How will the 8 people that still care in my area even get a pack? Better get there super early!

bread's done
Back