amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Got two with my wife today. Was first in a line that didn't exist. A bunch of parents came up 5 minutes before open and crowded around the door but I made them respect my place as first. They let us put our purchase together and totally scanned the 20% off coupon off my phone.

There was a line of around 11 people at my local TRU in NY.
The store got around 300...Boxes upon boxes behind the counter, all labeled amiibo. It was crazy. I didn't use the coupon, because I was getting the "buy the Mii Pack, get a regularly priced amiibo for $9.99" deal with a common I was missing. I'll go back tommorrow, and try a return/rebuy with the coupon then.

It's almost not a challenge anymore, walked in at open and grabbed the 3 pack. There was probably 50 packs there.

Toys R Us has been mailing their holiday catalog out. It has a 20% coupon in it works on anything, Nov 1 to Nov 21.

Scanned it for people who didn't get it. Not sure if it will work on amiibos, since it says no video games or hardware, but amiibos aren't really either of those.

FT91Vun.jpg
Thanks, asked the cashier if they take mobile coupons and just scanned the code. Grabbed the 3-pack Mii Fighters for $30.52 after tax.

How can it be dead the coupon is valid until the 21st of November.
Dead for amiibos, might still work on "normal" toys. In the thread on Reddit someone tried to get it to work with a manager but it wouldn't go through. And now there's a lot more people saying it's not working.

Edit: And now there's a lot more people saying it's working.

I used the TRU 20% off coupon successfully with the Mii Fighters 3-pack, but the cashier knew I didn't get it the usual way. She had first asked if I'm a rewards member, and I said no. Then I mentioned the coupon and showed her on my phone, and she said, "Those are usually for reward members." I don't think she was motivated enough to confront me about it, though, so she just scanned it.

Toys R Us has been mailing their holiday catalog out. It has a 20% coupon in it works on anything, Nov 1 to Nov 21.

Scanned it for people who didn't get it. Not sure if it will work on amiibos, since it says no video games or hardware, but amiibos aren't really either of those.

QcFMHMb.jpg
I wanted that Halo 5 bassinest swivel sleeper...

Just left TRU here in VA, apparently they sold out? Didn't ask how many they got, but I'm a little shocked. Guess I'll have to do some hunting.
And another store I called is sold out. I hate that amiibo can still be a pain to track down out here. Didn't stores get a minimum of 64?

Just left TRU here in VA, apparently they sold out? Didn't ask how many they got, but I'm a little shocked. Guess I'll have to do some hunting.
And another store I called is sold out. I hate that amiibo can still be a pain to track down out here. Didn't stores get a minimum of 64?
It's possible that some stores didn't enforce the 1 per customer. That's the only thing I can think of because as far as I know there's not a HUGE interest in them to begin with.

I used the TRU 20% off coupon successfully with the Mii Fighters 3-pack, but the cashier knew I didn't get it the usual way. She had first asked if I'm a rewards member, and I said no. Then I mentioned the coupon and showed her on my phone, and she said, "Those are usually for reward members." I don't think she was motivated enough to confront me about it, though, so she just scanned it.
I am not a rewards member either they just gave a ton of catalogs for the mail man to give out. So it definitely didn't come from being a rewards member lol

Looks like the in store ones don't come with coupons. Nice it still worked for you though.

My store enforced one per customer, which i like. No scalpers. I'm not sure how many my store got in, but I got there around 11 and they had about 30 on a table.

Still over 100 at 9234. Stores can do phone orders to other stores and have an item shipped to you. You just have to ask!

Dammit.. I wish I saw that coupon before. 

Oh well, it was nice to be able to walk in at 3PM, see 20 of them just sitting there, and buy one. 

I went at 10--only to find out that they opened at 9.  I didn't use the coupon like others here, but I did pick up a $9.99 Bowser Jr. as part of the morning promotion.  

Had to drive an hour out to a more secluded TRU but managed to get a 3 pack, called a ton of TRU in the DC/MD/VA metro area, all sold out. The TRU I went to is also the store I've had to go to to get Lucario, Bowser Jr aND Greninja after everyone else sold out. I think it helps they're down the road from a DC. They had over 50 left and more in the back.

:O I see Marth and dark pit restocked in large supply at bestbuy. So are all the others gonna be making a comeback?
Marth and Dark Pit were restocked around the same time as Fox Captain Falcon, Lucario, and Greninja. I've yet to see others so far, but supposedly Toys R Us is supposed to get Villager at some point, or already did, idk.

Marth and Dark Pit were restocked around the same time as Fox Captain Falcon, Lucario, and Greninja. I've yet to see others so far, but supposedly Toys R Us is supposed to get Villager at some point, or already did, idk.
Villager is supposed to be next Sunday according to the holiday catalog they sent out.

You're not a Rewards member? Why not? It costs nothing to join, and gives you a $5 coupon for every $125 you spend (and unlike BB, they round in your favor - a $5.99 item earns you six points). Anyone who shops at TRU and isn't a Rewards member is like leaving money on the counter.

Did anyone get a Smash Bros. lanyard from TRU? The guy at the counter seemed to think I was supposed to get one for buying Nintendo stuff, but he said he was out and gave me a Skylanders lanyard instead. (Definitely would love to trade with someone who'd rather have Skylanders for their kid.)

Did anyone get a Smash Bros. lanyard from TRU? The guy at the counter seemed to think I was supposed to get one for buying Nintendo stuff, but he said he was out and gave me a Skylanders lanyard instead. (Definitely would love to trade with someone who'd rather have Skylanders for their kid.)
Been kinda out, since i'm not really interested in the Mii's, but when did they start selling the Amiibo Lanyard??

I would definitely buy one.

I am not sure what it was supposed to be, but I don't think it was a Mii Amiibo lanyard. I thought it was one of the SSB lanyards that were available before at Best Buy or something. Again, the guy apologized and said he would give me a Skylanders one instead... strange.

I want the Mii 3-Pack, but I've been spending a lot of money recently on clothes and other necessities so I wasn't quite ready to drop the cash on it. I'll probably try to get to TRU close to open on this upcoming Sunday to nab a Villager, and if there are any 3-Packs left I'll probably grab one of those as well.

I want the Mii 3-Pack, but I've been spending a lot of money recently on clothes and other necessities so I wasn't quite ready to drop the cash on it. I'll probably try to get to TRU close to open on this upcoming Sunday to nab a Villager, and if there are any 3-Packs left I'll probably grab one of those as well.
Clothes is so overrated, return them and get the toys. The

Man with all these amiibos coming back. Starting to think no one is trading anymore. Only one I kinda hope doesnt make a come back is Gold Mario...

Btw if anyone was looking for Dark Pit, I still have that and a couple others in my sig for trade. Tho right now.. I think I am more into wanting more animal crossing amiibo cards.. Least that will be useful for my game when it comes in. =)

(If you dont know, the cards on "Escape" mode, let you use "x" AC char each with unique abilities, thus making it worth having some options)

Villager is supposed to be next Sunday according to the holiday catalog they sent out.
Good to know, I haven't been paying too much attention lately. I missed out on the Mii 3-packs for now because I didn't even know they were coming lol. So thank you for informing me, I knew they were coming around this time, just wasn't sure if they were already out now, or still coming up.

Good to know, I haven't been paying too much attention lately. I missed out on the Mii 3-packs for now because I didn't even know they were coming lol. So thank you for informing me, I knew they were coming around this time, just wasn't sure if they were already out now, or still coming up.
They were easy to forget, even I forgot about them yesterday. Luckily they had a few left.

BAIT AND SWITCH!!!

Walked into TRU today at lunch and they hadn't even taken them out of the box yet. Got one and the coupon scanned no problem. However they were limiting one Skylanders Elite Voodoo to one per person. Lol

Got my Mewtwo+FamiROB+G&W in today. Feels so good being so close to the end.

On a side note, I think AmiAmi forgot to charge me? They hit me with the initial charge like 5 days ago, then it just disappeared and nothing. Never had this happen before with them, the charge usually sticks after its applied.

Value of Mystery Certificate I was e-mailed last night: $5

Value of "we miss you" certificate I was sent almost a week ago: $5

Value of walking into Best Buy and buyng what used to be a $100+ amiibo for less than 50¢: Priceless.

And then I found a random Charizard at Walmart.

Today was a good day.

Do we have any idea of production numbers for the amiibo now? If you multiply 64 * 800+ TRU stores, then Mii Fighters seem to be only in the 50,000 range. And some of the older original ones that were plentiful are nowhere to be found. (Donkey Kong, where are you?!?!)

Value of Mystery Certificate I was e-mailed last night: $5

Value of "we miss you" certificate I was sent almost a week ago: $5

Value of walking into Best Buy and buyng what used to be a $100+ amiibo for less than 50¢: Priceless.

And then I found a random Charizard at Walmart.

Today was a good day.
If you don't mind, fuck you.

Charizard's basically the only amiibo I ever wanted (until Yarn Yoshi happened). I'm still disappointed he's not a skin in YWW.

If you don't mind, fuck you.

Charizard's basically the only amiibo I ever wanted (until Yarn Yoshi happened). I'm still disappointed he's not a skin in YWW.
If it makes you feel any better, I have yet to see any Yarn Yoshi at my Best Buy. They have just about everything else related to the epic restock (including ZSS/Ganondorf/Olimar...and even a few Classic Mario that just popped up today), but none of those not including the bundle. Of course, no Charizard either or else I would have just bought it there...although there was a random Link today for some reason.

Walmart had a bunch of them surrounding the Charizard, though. Both colors. I didn't get one because $17 is a bit steep without GCU to soften the blow, but...sounds like that shipment was meant for you and somebody's wires got crossed.

Meanwhile I'm still waiting for Mewtwo to show up online at BBY or Target.

If it makes you feel any better, I have yet to see any Yarn Yoshi at my Best Buy. They have just about everything else related to the epic restock (including ZSS/Ganondorf/Olimar...and even a few Classic Mario that just popped up today), but none of those not including the bundle. Of course, no Charizard either or else I would have just bought it there...although there was a random Link today for some reason.

Walmart had a bunch of them surrounding the Charizard, though. Both colors. I didn't get one because $17 is a bit steep without GCU to soften the blow, but...sounds like that shipment was meant for you and somebody's wires got crossed.

Meanwhile I'm still waiting for Mewtwo to show up online at BBY or Target.
I haven't checked Wal-Mart or Meijer, to be fair. I got my blue and green Yoshis at Best Buy first day, none left now.

bread's done
Back