amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Target ad is up and its sad that nintendo didnt have deals for amiibos! They should have made a killing if they put up amiibos for 6.99 or something! Sheesh! Even the wii bundle is underwhelming due to it being pre installed games!
Wow! I know this is a "deals" website, but advice for Nintendo just keeps getting worse and worse... LOL. (The level of self-interest in these posts just keeps escalating.)

[quote name="soonersfan60" post="13017455" timestamp="1447097676"]Wow! I know this is a "deals" website, but advice for Nintendo just keeps getting worse and worse... LOL. (The level of self-interest in these posts just keeps escalating.)[/quote]

Whats wrong with my post? There are tons of unsold amiibo commons out there! At this point wouldnt it be wise for nintendo to atleast clearance them out specially during this time? I may be not the collector type that buys all amiibos like you may be but i sure would snag a couple more figures at discounted prices!

Btw the ad i was refering to is the black friday one.

just wondering if can anyone check if the Villager reprints have the amibo nfc adapter on the back.  also any reports on MYY arriving in stores yet?  would like to know numbers (not reddit estimates) an actual store got

Btw the ad i was refering to is the black friday one.
Manufacturers rarely involve themselves in Black Friday deals. It's highly unlikely that Nintendo has anything to do with sales on its items over Black Friday. Most of those deals are being determined by the retailers. So claiming that Nintendo should put on a Black Friday discount is a little bit silly.

Also, if some of the surplus on store shelves isn't moving now, a bargain over Black Friday is not likely to shift product, no matter who is issuing such a deal. One of the big issues for the Wii U at the moment is install base. Expanding the install base for the Wii U is the surest way to increase the demand for products like amiibos. And as far as that's concerned, Nintendo is already doing their part by putting out a Smash-Bros/Splatoon combo pack. Both of those games feature amiibos, with Smash Bros featuring the largest selection of amiibos currently available.

Seems pretty obvious by now that the Wii U has been left for dead and Nintendo is onto full scale development for the NX. 

Splatoon and Super Mario Maker (and Yoshi's Wooly World if you can count that..) are the games that came out this year. 

Whats wrong with my post? There are tons of unsold amiibo commons out there! At this point wouldnt it be wise for nintendo to atleast clearance them out specially during this time? I may be not the collector type that buys all amiibos like you may be but i sure would snag a couple more figures at discounted prices! Btw the ad i was refering to is the black friday one.
Bottom line is that snagging a few more amiibo at discounted prices might be good in the short run (for you at least, and others wanting a few more), but that is the surest way for us not to get as much variety of amiibo from Nintendo in the long run.

Splatoon and Super Mario Maker (and Yoshi's Wooly World if you can count that..) are the games that came out this year.
Whether a person likes the game(s) or not, there's also AC:AF, Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash, Mario Party 10, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water, and Kirby and the Rainbow Curse.

just wondering if can anyone check if the Villager reprints have the amibo nfc adapter on the back. also any reports on MYY arriving in stores yet? would like to know numbers (not reddit estimates) an actual store got
My villager does not have the NFC adapter on the back.
The store I got him at apparently got their MYY stock. An employee told me they got 10 and I was like "THANK GOD, I'm going back to NY next weekend". Good luck cherry hill residents. Hopefully, the other 8 come on or by next Sunday.

Not sure if it really matters but the pre-order button is back up for Mewtwo at BB. Only problem is it won't add to cart, maybe they will have some more pre-orders go up later.

Just a heads up for Los Angeles area CAGs, the Atwater Village Toys R Us had a ton of Villagers as of about an hour ago out on the pegs, a good amount of Lucario and the MiiFighters 3 pack, as well as Captain Falcon, a few Classic Mario and a few others from the last wave all out on the pegs.  Hopefully this is a good sign for Mega Yoshi on Sunday.    

Seems pretty obvious by now that the Wii U has been left for dead and Nintendo is onto full scale development for the NX.

Your lack of Xenoblade makes me sad.

Edit: And Fatal Frame 5.

Edit 2: And Kirby & the Rainbow Curse

Edit 3: And you know what, fuck it, I'm sure you're going to say "it doesn't count" or something, but I had a lot of fun with Mario Party 10.

Edit 4: Devil's Third is probably going to be some B-Movie style hilariousness, so I'm looking forward to renting that at least.

Come on guys, I was referring to first party capstone games. :p  You know, the AAA, top notch, system movers.  Nintendo had very little to offer this year. 

I am also more excited for Xenoblade X than anything.

Is it just me or do you guys find it weird that Mega Yarn Yoshi has no special functionality in Woolly World but does get recognized as Mega/has functionality in Super Mario Maker......What's that about ???
That is kind of weird, but you obviously can't have 100% Mega Yoshi time in Woolly World, it'd be too powerful. I'm more annoyed that none of the Pokemon who are available as amiibo work in Woolly World. Also, I ended up keeping the Classic 8-bit Mario I got at Target, and it just gives you a regular Mario amiibo, while Dr. Mario is his own pattern.

If we want to full-on complain, I'm disappointed that amiibo has basically just been used for character skins. I was hoping we'd get full functionality in more than just Smash.

Come on guys, I was referring to first party capstone games. :p You know, the AAA, top notch, system movers. Nintendo had very little to offer this year.

What, you want them to churn out a Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong, Metroid, and everything else annually or something? I mean, yeah, things were light this year, but Zelda and Star Fox were close. Really, the disappointment for me comes in the lack of Mario Golf and the total crapfset of Mario Party, but rather than just say "we got nothing." what are examples of what you expected?

What, you want them to churn out a Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong, Metroid, and everything else annually or something? I mean, yeah, things were light this year, but Zelda and Star Fox were close. Really, the disappointment for me comes in the lack of Mario Golf and the total crapfset of Mario Party, but rather than just say "we got nothing." what are examples of what you expected?
Annually? How about ever? The last Mario iteration came out two years ago in 2013. Zelda, Metroid, and Starfox have not even had a main line entry on the Wii U.

2015 was a disappointment for Nintendo games no matter how you'd like to spin it.

just wondering if can anyone check if the Villager reprints have the amibo nfc adapter on the back. also any reports on MYY arriving in stores yet? would like to know numbers (not reddit estimates) an actual store got
We ready got them in at my toys r us. We have 24 of them. Well 23 minus the one for me ;)

Annually? How about ever? The last Mario iteration came out two years ago in 2013. Zelda, Metroid, and Starfox have not even had a main line entry on the Wii U.

2015 was a disappointment for Nintendo games no matter how you'd like to spin it.
Not for me. I just got a Wii U in 2015. ;)

Mewtwo pre-order is back up on Best Buy.

However, there isn't a store within 250 miles apparently taking them, and in-store was the only option available for me.

Well, we know Zelda and Star Fox are in-development, and reasonably close. And, to be fair, Star Fox didn't have a Wii release, it wasn't really a tentpole franchise. I mean, I think the lacking Fire Emblem and Pokemon availability on the home consoles is MUCH more egregious than Star Fox. If we want to be MORE honest, I care nothing for those 3 franchises you mentioned, and I'd much prefer Mario Golf to any of them.

I work at best buy in inventory and our numbers for Friday as of today are:

13 Mewtwo

11 AC Amiibo Festival bundles

12 Tom Nooks

12 Mabels

10 AC 3 packs

12 Green Yarn Yoshis

EDIT:Just added Green Yarn Yoshis I forgot

Keep in mind we'll likely get more in by Friday as there's a truck being unloaded tonight and Thursday.

Did everyone get charged shipping on Mewtwo? Kinda sucks, if it was $3, I wouldn't care but it's $5.51 seems really high, espeically since BBY seems to deliver only damaged Amiibo to me lately. 

I work at best buy in inventory and our numbers for Friday as of today are:

13 Mewtwo

11 AC Amiibo Festival bundles

12 Tom Nooks

12 Mabels

10 AC 3 packs

Keep in mind we'll likely get more in by Friday as there's a truck being unloaded tonight and Thursday.
I thought Mabel was Target exclusive?

Just gonna say, saw this little gem at Carle Place, Long Island on Sunday

A5l35IH.jpg

It's almost comical, kinda wish I had picked it up for the novelty of it.  When you have things being hand-painted I guess this will happen from time to time.

Come on guys, I was referring to first party capstone games. :p You know, the AAA, top notch, system movers. Nintendo had very little to offer this year.

Yeah, I'd love to see your list of of first party capstone, AAA top notch system mover games that drove the PS4 to it's sales. Or the Xbox One for that matter.
If you've an even half way capable PC, ALL THREE major consoles have been pretty blah the entire year. It's the nature of the market now... there are fewer, bigger games supplemented by lots of small developer or indie developer product.

Development cycles take longer, cost more and are risker on AAA products, and thus you don't see devs running to push them out the door as quickly.

Yeah, I'd love to see your list of of first party capstone, AAA top notch system mover games that drove the PS4 to it's sales. Or the Xbox One for that matter.
If you've an even half way capable PC, ALL THREE major consoles have been pretty blah the entire year. It's the nature of the market now... there are fewer, bigger games supplemented by lots of small developer or indie developer product.

Development cycles take longer, cost more and are risker on AAA products, and thus you don't see devs running to push them out the door as quickly.
The Witcher 3

Bloodborne

Destiny: The Taken King

Metal Gear Solid: The Phantom Pain

Forza Motorsport 6

Halo 5

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3

Batman: Arkham Knight

Star Wars: Battlefront

Fallout 4

Many of those games even had their own console bundles.

The Witcher 3

Bloodborne

Forza Motorsport 6

Fallout 4

Halo 5

Fallout 4

Many of those games even had their own console bundles. You were saying?
1. You had to list Fallout 4 twice lmao

2. Apparently you don't know what "first party" games are...?

Was just able to checkout on mobile for Mewtwo (local pickup) at Best Buy. Glad to have that one locked up, too.

Got Mewtwo for store pickup. Falco and Mewtwo with GCU discount helps with these things. Almost done with amiibo. Just need the remaining DLC characters and unannounced DLC characters.

1. You had to list Fallout 4 twice lmao

2. Apparently you don't know what "first party" games are...?
It's my fault really. For attempting discussion with people who are only posting to argue semantics and aren't even interested in the spirit of the discussion. Sometimes I forget which thread I'm in, and who I'm talking to.

fuck it, in store pick up now available. Cancelling my shipping orders. 

Dammit, can't cancel my shipping orders since they're preparing. Bah! 

The Witcher 3

Bloodborne

Forza Motorsport 6

Halo 5

Fallout 4

Many of those games even had their own console bundles.
I understand what you're saying, but I'd take Mario Maker and Xenoblade X over any of those you listed, just my opinion.

bread's done
Back