amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Woohoo! TY Bestbuy Preorders. Got my Tom Nook preordered for in store Pickup! Sorry Mabel.. I just dont feel like you.. So now Ill have the 2 from the game. The 3-pack from walmart.. and now Tom nook! Enough for MPing with!

I can't order Mabel without Sable... it's too sad :(
You mean you aren't ABLE :cool: ... but seriously I wonder how Nintendo decided which AC characters to put out.

I stopped playing NL and have yet to get HHD. Lottie seems to be a new character in HHD do kinda weird she is an exclusive. IMO Cyrus/Reese should have been exclusives (or not) instead with Isabelle, Tom Nook, and K.K. in a 3pk and Lottie/Digsby in thenbundle. Mable should have been held until there's a Sable.

[quote name="GizmoGC" post="13022102" timestamp="1447254853"]Whats wrong? That's just stupid. Why should they have a sale and mark down items 50% off just because they are "unsold commons"? This is not a Skylander/Disney Infinity situation where they get new game versions that make the older figures essentially useless. Stay in school.[/quote]

Ever heard of overstock and inventory management? Probably not. These things occupy space in stores and warehouses and what better way to get more space than try and sell things that are old and overproduced to make way for new inventory to be displayed and entice more customers to buy the line in the long run. Smash may not be skylanders or DI that gets a new release every year but i think activision and disney has improved and have a better grasp of managing inventory than nintendo.

No problems getting the shipping charge refunded on Mewtwo, just send an email to customer service.  It took them like 2 hours and they refunded it and apologized for the problem - no questions asked and no waiting on hold on the phone.

Woohoo! TY Bestbuy Preorders. Got my Tom Nook preordered for in store Pickup! Sorry Mabel.. I just dont feel like you.. So now Ill have the 2 from the game. The 3-pack from walmart.. and now Tom nook! Enough for MPing with!
Why not get Mabel she's the only you'll be missing from the first wave!

Went to TRU intending to buy the Mii Trilogy, but saw they had got in two Splatoon Triple Packs, so picked one of those up instead, even though I already own a single Inkling Girl.

thanks for the stock count. any chance you recall how many Lucina/Robins 5bs, Classic 8bit mario, or Yarn Yoshi's at launch?

store by me got 2 each of Lucina/Robin. probably 16 each for 5B and under a dozen for classic. maybe 16-24 for the Yarn Yoshis
No problem but I doubt we're getting in Robin or Lucina. For launch day we received only 2 of each. Luckily I snagged one by being first in line because no one thought to go to best buy. (I have to wait in line like everyone else) I forgot to mention we also got 12 green yarn yoshi's in. I'm unloading the truck tomorrow night so I'll be able to see what the official count is. It's definitely possible we'll get reprints but I have no idea.

I managed to get a pre order all of the amiibo at best buy with my discount at my store except for mewtwo where I had to do pick up at a store 25 minutes away. I'll be in the area anyway.

No problem but I doubt we're getting in Robin or Lucina. For launch day we received only 2 of each. Luckily I snagged one by being first in line because no one thought to go to best buy. (I have to wait in line like everyone else) I forgot to mention we also got 12 green yarn yoshi's in. I'm unloading the truck tomorrow night so I'll be able to see what the official count is. It's definitely possible we'll get reprints but I have no idea.

I managed to get a pre order all of the amiibo at best buy with my discount at my store except for mewtwo where I had to do pick up at a store 25 minutes away. I'll be in the area anyway.
Thanks for the info. I think the person wasn't expecting Robin/Lucina restocks, just wanted to know how many you got originally to get an idea on how new releases go (which you answered, great!).

Thanks for the info. I think the person wasn't expecting Robin/Lucina restocks, just wanted to know how many you got originally to get an idea on how new releases go (which you answered, great!).
Our stock is usually very poor compared to somewhere like Toys R Us. That insane restock of rares like Marth, Greninja, Little Mac, Shulk, and Lucario were the only time we got a hefty quantity of them. It's been at least a month and we still have around 25-30 Marths when we had 90.

No problems getting the shipping charge refunded on Mewtwo, just send an email to customer service. It took them like 2 hours and they refunded it and apologized for the problem - no questions asked and no waiting on hold on the phone.
I had to call them to get the refund. I tried emailing them and this was the response i got

This is what i emailed to them

I was charged $5.51 when shipping is supposed to be free for the holidays and on top of that i am an elite member so shipping should have been free regardless.There is no way for me to correct it on the site myself either.

Please let me know what needs to be done to correct this issue.

This is the reply i got

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for choosing Best Buy.

I'm sorry to hear you were not made aware of the possible interest charges you might incur with your bank. I understand that can be quite disconcerting. I'll be happy to take note of your concern.

In most cases, banks thrive in charging interest as compensation for the use of their assets. It is one of the many known facets or aspects of their business. Consequently, we suggest you contact your bank directly as they are the financial institution responsible for the charges you have incurred.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please call us at 1-800-931-3713.

We appreciate your loyalty for being a My Best Buy member.

Sincerely,
Joeriza
Best Buy Customer Care

I had to call them to get the refund. I tried emailing them and this was the response i got

I was charged $5.51 when shipping is supposed to be free for the holidays and on top of that i am an elite member so shipping should have been free regardless.There is no way for me to correct it on the site myself either.

This is the reply i got

Hi Matthew,

I'm sorry to hear you were not made aware of the possible interest charges you might incur with your bank. I understand that can be quite disconcerting. I'll be happy to take note of your concern.

In most cases, banks thrive in charging interest as compensation for the use of their assets. It is one of the many known facets or aspects of their business. Consequently, we suggest you contact your bank directly as they are the financial institution responsible for the charges you have incurred.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please call us at 1-800-931-3713.

We appreciate your loyalty for being a My Best Buy member.

Sincerely,
Joeriza
Best Buy Customer Care
Stupid on two levels:

1) That they think you were complaining about something else and gave you this form letter.

2) That people complain about this in the first place and they need a form letter for it.

You can negate your sales tax and TRU tax and then some with this coupon though. Hopefully there's still some in-store so you can use it!
Felt like a dirtbag but used this coupon again today to grab a villager. Also I dont remember if anyone posted where this came from but it was on the back of their holiday toy guide, the person who put this on imgur scanned the front and back of the coupon and posted it. Its a universal barcode so it seems you can use it as many times as they allow you to. May help a few parents get some cheaper toys for their children. Both times i used the coupon was on amiibo so its up to the cashier to accept it.

Felt like a dirtbag but used this coupon again today to grab a villager. Also I dont remember if anyone posted where this came from but it was on the back of their holiday toy guide, the person who put this on imgur scanned the front and back of the coupon and posted it. Its a universal barcode so it seems you can use it as many times as they allow you to. May help a few parents get some cheaper toys for their children. Both times i used the coupon was on amiibo so its up to the cashier to accept it.
Yup, used mine for Mii Fighters, skipping Villager since I got mine on Day [Two], and will use it again on Mega Yoshi. This is nice as it's like GCU pricing for a TRU exclusive.

Actually, it's a sticker on the front of it, so it's only the people who got it mailed to them that had it. (Rather than being in the copy that's in the store)

Ever heard of overstock and inventory management? Probably not. These things occupy space in stores and warehouses and what better way to get more space than try and sell things that are old and overproduced to make way for new inventory to be displayed and entice more customers to buy the line in the long run. Smash may not be skylanders or DI that gets a new release every year but i think activision and disney has improved and have a better grasp of managing inventory than nintendo.
Most stores only have commons.no reason to clear inventory of that's all they have

Anyone know why only some people get the 20% off coupon? Is it just random? I got two of those guides in the mail and neither came with it (we're also rewards member).
I've honestly been afraid to use it yet, because I want to make sure I get away with it when I buy MYY lol.

(I'm going to go back and try to get the percentage off the Mii Fighters after this Suday, but I'm just curious)

This is the reply i got

Hi Matthew,

I don't know why you are complaining. Clearly you should have know about the interest charges =).

Central Florida was tough on the Mewtwo preorder/pick up.  Altamonte, Sanford were gone on original order and I had to settle for East Colonial.  Checked today to see if I could get any closer to home and closest is now Winter Garden (I'm in Lake Mary).  Wow!

Wanted to draw attention to thorbahn's post/thread for those who might be dropping $100 on Friday with AC amiibos and Mewtwo. Between the game and amiibos you'd be pretty close to that, netting a $10 savings code:

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/350815-my-best-buy-deal-spend-100-nov-11-14-get-10-savings-code-for-dec-6-19/

Well looks like a fail for me. The game and the amiibos are all pre-ordered for store pick-up on Friday.

SAVINGS CODE OFFER:
*Offer valid 11/11/15–11/14/15 for select My Best Buy® Members only. Savings code will be delivered via e-mail between 12/6/15–12/8/15 after purchasing qualifying items at BestBuy.com or in Best Buy retail stores. Offer excludes pre-orders, Best Buy gift card purchases and is not valid if order is canceled or returned. Purchases totaling $100 or more after coupon(s), My Best Buy Rewards Certificates, coupons or discounts and before shipping and tax will get a $10 savings code. Savings code is valid for use toward a future purchase online or in store between 12/6/15–12/19/15. Limit $10 in savings codes per customer.

I don't know why you are complaining. Clearly you should have know about the interest charges =).
I read that reply and was like wtf did they even read what i wrote. I know that anytime in the future i have any issue i will just call as its proven in that reply email that they have no clue

I believe that verbiage only means you can't go in on Friday and pre-order stuff that comes out in December and have it count. Pre-ordered items that release in the window should definitely count.

Mewtwo "in progress" for shipping. Looks like it's not going to be here in time for release. I chose shipping to avoid the dreaded sticker. I guess I'll just have to stop by BB and see if there's any left on the shelf Fri, and return the extra if there are.

Mewtwo "in progress" for shipping. Looks like it's not going to be here in time for release. I chose shipping to avoid the dreaded sticker. I guess I'll just have to stop by BB and see if there's any left on the shelf Fri, and return the extra if there are.
You never know. I've had free shipping pre-orders that didn't ship until the day before release and still arrived on release day.

But probably not.

Wow. No thank you.
Every year people either die or get seriously injured at my Walmart back home. People literally trampled a worker, who was opening the door, to death a few years ago.

I'll just spend the $20 in train fees to go to NWS. I'll call it a "preservation of life" fee.

Anyone know why only some people get the 20% off coupon? Is it just random? I got two of those guides in the mail and neither came with it (we're also rewards member).
I've honestly been afraid to use it yet, because I want to make sure I get away with it when I buy MYY lol.

(I'm going to go back and try to get the percentage off the Mii Fighters after this Suday, but I'm just curious)
I didn't get it either. I feel like it might be region based. I'm in DC/MD

Central Florida was tough on the Mewtwo preorder/pick up. Altamonte, Sanford were gone on original order and I had to settle for East Colonial. Checked today to see if I could get any closer to home and closest is now Winter Garden (I'm in Lake Mary). Wow!
Seems only Daytona Beach is available now. I'm right just on the edge where Lake Mary officially leads into Sanford near the Wal-mart. I tried ordering before, but without my own reliable ride, going further than Rinehart would be difficult anyway.

Got shipping notification from Best Buy for Mabel and Animal Crossing: amiibo
Festival. They were shipped by UPS. Tom Nook is in the preparing your item for shipping stage.

Got my email saying mewtwo is ready for pickup tomorrow
Gonna try and buy one when I go in then pick up the one I ordered online

Well looks like a fail for me. The game and the amiibos are all pre-ordered for store pick-up on Friday.

SAVINGS CODE OFFER:
*Offer valid 11/11/15–11/14/15 for select My Best Buy® Members only. Savings code will be delivered via e-mail between 12/6/15–12/8/15 after purchasing qualifying items at BestBuy.com or in Best Buy retail stores. Offer excludes pre-orders, Best Buy gift card purchases and is not valid if order is canceled or returned. Purchases totaling $100 or more after coupon(s), My Best Buy Rewards Certificates, coupons or discounts and before shipping and tax will get a $10 savings code. Savings code is valid for use toward a future purchase online or in store between 12/6/15–12/19/15. Limit $10 in savings codes per customer.
Looks like I'm gonna have to attempt a modified return-rebuy tomorrow. Anyone else gonna try to get the savings code using tomorrow's amiibo?

^If you look at the thread about that Promo, the Best Buy Forums said that as long as you pick up the items on those 4 days its fine....it means you can't preorder something NOW (like Star Wars Battlefront) and get it after those dates

With that 100 dollar promo, kind of wishing I had kept my Amiibo festival order with BBY. Switched to Amazon because of gift card credit. Oh well, probably better to get the game at no cost then to spend 100 just for the sake of a 10 dollar coupon.

bread's done
Back