amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, I'm having second thoughts about buying any of these Animal Crossing figures.  They could make new characters ad infinitum. There could be no end to it.

Honestly, I'm having second thoughts about buying any of these Animal Crossing figures. They could make new characters ad infinitum. There could be no end to it.
Pretty sure the cards were created so they wouldn't have to make all villagers. Most of/all the NPCs will probably get a figure, and that'll be it.

I do regret getting the cards now though..I like them, but I really didn't expect a second wave for the figure line let alone a third. I would have saved that money for these had I known.

GOD DAMN IT! Roy is Gamestop exclusive. -__- 

https://twitter.com/AmiiboAlerts/status/665583044187688960?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Ugh. Gamestop is the worst for pre-orders. I really hope they do online this time around so I can avoid the in-store rush for it. I know it's exclusive, but I just have a feeling it'll be less produced since he's a FE character. 

Oh snap I didn't even notice the exclusivity. That was going to be my last one barring a Lucina reprint, but I guess I'll be getting out of the amiibo game sooner than I thought.

There's no way I'd go full set on Animal Crossing.  I just picked up Tom Nook today, and I'll get KK Slider (if he ever comes out on his own), Blathers, and maybe a few others like Gulliver.

OH GOD, TIMMY AND TOMMY NOOK CONFIRMED.  MUST HAVE.

Ugh. Gamestop is the worst for pre-orders. I really hope they do online this time around so I can avoid the in-store rush for it. I know it's exclusive, but I just have a feeling it'll be less produced since he's a FE character.
Retro 3 pack was and still is very easy to get.

GOD DAMN IT! Roy is Gamestop exclusive. -__-

https://twitter.com/AmiiboAlerts/status/665583044187688960?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet
I'm more butthurt for paying $24 for a famicom ROB when it looks like he's coming to NA.

I looked for a list of NPCs in Animal Crossing, and there's a lot more of them than I realized. More than Smash Bros... now I wish I didn't start this Amiibo series.
I'm gonna change my comment to "most of/all notable NPCs from the last generation of AC games will be amiibo".
I doubt they're going to include things like wisp, and Farly. And I highly doubt they will include "the yellow bird that sits on the message board", Lloid, the gyroid outside your house in the first game, and the snowpeople you make in the game...
Once you weed out people who haven't appeared in recent titles, people who have never appeared in game (why is your parents even listed there..), nonsense characters, the mayor pretending to be an acorn, ect...the list gets smaller.

I'm more butthurt for paying $24 for a famicom ROB when it looks like he's coming to NA.
This. Mine is still stuck in Japan customs, and now it's releasing in the US...serves me right I guess. Shoulda believed that guy at Nintendo World who told me it might come here, but be a NWS exclusive..'least it's not an exclusive.

Does that mean Wolf Link might be sold separately? I really don't feel like buying yet another version of Twilight Princess when I am still working on my regular Wii version.

Does that mean Wolf Link might be sold separately? I really don't feel like buying yet another version of Twilight Princess when I am still working on my regular Wii version.
I'm sure it will be exclusive to the bundle for a week or two and then sold separately just like the green yarn yoshi for the Wooly World bundle. I'm getting the bundle though personally.

I'm sure it will be exclusive to the bundle for a week or two and then sold separately just like the green yarn yoshi for the Wooly World bundle. I'm getting the bundle though personally.
Same. I never played the game before, so this bundle is best for me. And I'll get a amiibo too. Even better. :D

My tru has 42 mega yoshis. I don't think I am going early.
I hope my TRU has that many because I have work in the morning. I'm thinking of taking my break early to snag one. I feel like most people aren't interested in it because it's so expensive. Luckily we have that 20% off coupon.

I'm gonna change my comment to "most of/all notable NPCs from the last generation of AC games will be amiibo".
I doubt they're going to include things like wisp, and Farly. And I highly doubt they will include "the yellow bird that sits on the message board", Lloid, the gyroid outside your house in the first game, and the snowpeople you make in the game...
Once you weed out people who haven't appeared in recent titles, people who have never appeared in game (why is your parents even listed there..), nonsense characters, the mayor pretending to be an acorn, ect...the list gets smaller.

This. Mine is still stuck in Japan customs, and now it's releasing in the US...serves me right I guess. Shoulda believed that guy at Nintendo World who told me it might come here, but be a NWS exclusive..'least it's not an exclusive.
Yeah, its not actually more than smash series after removing those. But it's still way more amiibo figures than I thought there would be.

I said I was not going to get AC amiibo and bought the darn things. I googled reviews for the game and they were decent. BB associate said that she had customers satisfied with game. Son is playing Fallout so have not tried it yet.

How do we find out how many Mega Yarn Yoshi our TRU will get?  Mine is a relatively high volume store, but I want to know how early to get there.

I said I was not going to get AC amiibo and bought the darn things. I googled reviews for the game and they were decent. BB associate said that she had customers satisfied with game. Son is playing Fallout so have not tried it yet.
Fallout 4. Now THERE'S a bad game. ;)

Hoping mine has a decent amount there, they have had really good stock on exclusives even when they were still insanely popular. Not gonna be able to get there more than 15-30 minutes early, so I hope thats good enough.

Yeah, its not actually more than smash series after removing those. But it's still way more amiibo figures than I thought there would be.
I'm with you there. I'm a big animal crossing fan, but even I'm not sure I would collect them all if they made too many more. Kicks is already pushing it for me. We'll just have to wait and see what happens I guess.

Going to return this Villager I bought. Anyone can't find one and need it before I return it?
I could use it,if you could message me with what would the cost with shipping be? I don't have a Toys R Us within 3 hours of me so I always miss out on their exclusives

Got two packages from BBY, both damaged. Luckily, it sounds like Mewtwo and Nook aren't too hard to find? Gonna return them tomorrow. 

Not sure what's going on with BBY. Haven't received an undamaged package (Amiibo or otherwise) from them in months. I doubt it's UPS or USPS, nothing else arrives damaged when properly packed. 

I could use it,if you could message me with what would the cost with shipping be? I don't have a Toys R Us within 3 hours of me so I always miss out on their exclusives
I already returned it, but I'll try to stop by tomorrow and get one for you. My store had quite a few left.

Could anyone here help me obtain 2 NiB NA Villagers and 2 NiB NA Mii 3-Packs from TRU?

Those are the only amiibo I'm missing, but I don't have any TRU stores close by.

It would be better if you're closer to the East Coast; faster, cheaper shipping.

It would also be great if your TRU still has plenty to choose from, because...

I'd ask you to pick out amiibo that are flawless or very near it; no damage or defects to the figures or their boxes.

I'm picky about amiibo details like face symmetry, paint accuracy, construction quality, etc.

For these 8 amiibo, I'm looking for excellent paintjobs and face symmetry; eyes in particular should be level, positioned properly, and looking in the same direction.

The Mii Swordfighter should have a straight sword, and Villager should not have a "five head"; his eyes should be closer to his hairline, if possible.

I have plenty of amiibo to trade, or I could just buy them from you. 

Please let me know if anyone is interested in helping out an obsessive amiibo collector.

Here's a "20% Off 1 Item" TRU coupon.

Could anyone here help me obtain 2 NiB NA Villagers and 2 NiB NA Mii 3-Packs from TRU?

Those are the only amiibo I'm missing, but I don't have any TRU stores close by.

It would be better if you're closer to the East Coast; faster, cheaper shipping.

It would also be great if your TRU still has plenty to choose from, because...

I'd ask you to pick out amiibo that are flawless or very near it; no damage or defects to the figures or their boxes.

I'm picky about amiibo details like face symmetry, paint accuracy, construction quality, etc.

For these 8 amiibo, I'm looking for excellent paintjobs and face symmetry; eyes in particular should be level, positioned properly, and looking in the same direction.

The Mii Swordfighter should have a straight sword, and Villager should not have a "five head"; his eyes should be closer to his hairline.

I have plenty of amiibo to trade, or I could just buy them from you.

Please let me know if anyone is interested in helping out an obsessive amiibo collector.
Sitting here thinking "Sure, I can do this." Click spoiler tag. "Jesus fuck!"

That being said, pretty much all villagers are five heads.

[quote name="Diabhalla" post="13030614" timestamp="1447571428"]Sitting here thinking "Sure, I can do this." Click spoiler tag. "Jesus fuck!"

That being said, pretty much all villagers are five heads.[/quote]
LOL..... No wayyyy you can please them... Only way there getting those amiibo is to grab it themselves

It's not that hard, surely...? I just don't want amiibo with derpy faces, bent props, or damage/defects.

I know most of the reprint Villagers are fiveheads -- I said I prefer more of a fourhead "if possible".

More detailed amiibo, like the Fire Emblem cast, yeah... I'm glad I picked those out personally. But Villager and the Miis? There's not as many details that can go wrong.

The problem you're having is that you're being picky. I doubt anybody wants the hassle you created for yourself, I know I wouldn't help.

It's not that hard, surely...? I just don't want amiibo with derpy faces, bent props, or damage/defects.

I know most of the reprint Villagers are fiveheads -- I said I prefer more of a fourhead "if possible".

More detailed amiibo, like the Fire Emblem cast, yeah... I'm glad I picked those out personally. But Villager and the Miis? There's not as many details that can go wrong.
If it's not that hard do it yourself. I doubt that you would compensate anybody that well too if they choose to decide to help you with your insane request.

"Insane"? Really? Is "no derpy faces, bent props, or damage/defects" being so unreasonable? 

I would have been fair with compensation, but nevermind; I'll look elsewhere...

"Insane"? Really? Is "no derpy faces, bent props, or damage/defects" being so unreasonable?

I would have been fair with compensation, but nevermind; I'll look elsewhere...
You forgot about your other requirements too:

That is just a complicated way of saying "No derpy faces".

I figured it would be better to state what I was looking for clearly, rather than assume everyone knows what "no derpy faces" means.

I'm afraid I came across as being more picky than I actually am. >_>

Anyhow, I didn't mean for this to take up so much page space. I'm off to the amiibo trade thread.

Decided to get to Toys R Us early for MYY since I wasn't able to go back to NY this weekend and remembered they told me how they got 10. Two other guys were here when I arrived and were told they only had a few, but no specifics. Eesh.

This is at cherry hill nj toys r us. (I'm sure stock in probably better elsewhere, these guys just sold it early again most likely).

Do the toys r us express stores have mega yarn yoshis? Got to toys r us and they only had 12 all gone. Wondering if it is worth hitting up the express store

bread's done
Back