amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Line is 20 deep so far in Lexington KY. They are handing out numbers, think I saw a few more numbers in her hand so I'm guessing 24?

TRU in Columbus/Polaris is 20 plus deep. No numbers yet and do not know stock. Was told 24 earlier this week.

Some people ran to shelves b/c there were a couple there. Some were also behind counter. They only had 18. It was a mini cluster. Did not get one. Mgr took names and numbers. A guy is pissed b/ there are much bigger problems in the world.

Wow, back to the old ways it sounds like.  Say something is "extremely limited" and everyone shows up.  If this thing had a decent quantity it wasn't going to sell because of it's price tag.  But advertise it as limited and it sells like hotcakes.

"Insane"? Really? Is "no derpy faces, bent props, or damage/defects" being so unreasonable?

I would have been fair with compensation, but nevermind; I'll look elsewhere...
You're not being a jerk or anything. However, you have scared off most or all possible help. We know that the level of quality you are looking for, even if we THINK we've got it, may be higher. Not to mention that when shipping it something could go wrong. I bet most of us could try our super hardest in every respect and STILL be nervous about getting an email after you get it and the Amiibo not being good enough. Whichever poster said that you'd be better off doing it yourself is probably right. Unfortunately you don't have a TRU nearby, so it's worth a shot, but again most people will be scared off.

6 people outside my TRU in Hazlet NJ. They had at least 2 dozen Mega Yarns and a dozen or so Villagers.

I was finally able to grab a Bowser JR.

Good day all around.

My local TRU usually sucks with their amiibo stock. Surprised it went so smoothly.

Called my TRU about 5 minutes after they opened and they were sold out. Really don't feel like hunting them down. I have one pre-ordered from Amazon JP, but I'd rather just get it here somehow. Oh well. He's not a huge priority for me. 

Got it. They still had 11 left here.

Got a bit pissed at the asshole in the parking lot who saw me pulling in and parked in the fire lane to get in first though....

I'm more butthurt for paying $24 for a famicom ROB when it looks like he's coming to NA.
I dodged the bullet on that one. This was the first Amiibo I actually ever wanted to get, and I missed Play-Asia listings on several occasions, and was going to order one the other day. Luckily, I'll be out of town in early December, so I didn't want to order now and have it arrive while I'm away, so I decided to wait. By missing out on pre-orders, and having to wait due to a trip, it actually appears to have paid off for once.

Got atuck at work till 9am (suppose to.leave at 7am) got to Toys R Us at 9:20 all gone went to a second Toys R Us by 945 all gone. Pretty bummed I didn't get one.

Mgr at TRU mentioned a restock b/ I think he said this to appease the crowd. Only amiibo I am missing is MYY and Famicon ROB. I will just be patient.

Got here right at opening. I was the last one NOT to get one. I asked if there were anymore and the guy said he had one more box (of six). Phew!

This is the BS that happen at a Warwick, RI TRU. My brother and I was standing in line at 7:30. We was 12 & 13 in line. Comes to opening this employee told everyone they have 22 and counted people at the door as we walked in. Two lane at electronic open, I went in one and my brother the other. I got my MYY and walked out while my brother was still inside. A minute later my brother walked out empty handed. I asked what happen and he said the SAME employee who counted people at the door told him he wasn't part of the 22 people in line. My brother said he was and the employee asked other people in line if he was. Guess what they said: no. So they refuse to sell one to him.

No ticket system, clueless employee who doesn't remember my brother was in line when he counted him at the door. We're going to complain about this BS to corporate.

This is the BS that happen at a Warwick, RI TRU. My brother and I was standing in line at 7:30. We was 12 & 13 in line. Comes to opening this employee told everyone they have 22 and counted people at the door as we walked in. Two lane at electronic open, I went in one and my brother the other. I got my MYY and walked out while my brother was still inside. A minute later my brother walked out empty handed. I asked what happen and he said the SAME employee who counted people at the door told him he wasn't part of the 22 people in line. My brother said he was and the employee asked other people in line if he was. Guess what they said: no. So they refuse to sell one to him.

No ticket system, clueless employee who doesn't remember my brother was in line when he counted him at the door. We're going to complain about this BS to corporate.
Hey fellow Rhode Islander! I showed up a little after opening and the associates were talking about how it's not fair to little kids who want to open these things for Christmas that older people are buying them to sell. They seemed a pretty bitter bunch.

In other news I just paid a $20 premium through eBay to secure one. Minus taxes and fees and shipping this guy is going to come away with a $5 profit, hope he didn't waste too much of his time standing outside in the cold.

Got one nice and easy showing up 10 minutes before open. They probably have a couple left since there were about 17 of us maybe. Stoked! Got kinda worried when I woke up 30 minutes before they opened but the line seemed reasonable enough.

No luck for me at the North Dartmouth MA TRU. All gone right at open and apparently first person there lined up at 4:30am. Guess I'm waiting on either a restock or a reasonably priced import.

Hey fellow Rhode Islander! I showed up a little after opening and the associates were talking about how it's not fair to little kids who want to open these things for Christmas that older people are buying them to sell. They seemed a pretty bitter bunch.
No surprise. And how dare they to assume that. Maybe the adult are buying them for their kids/niece/nephew for Christmas and want to surprise them. Or the adult are Yoshi fan themselves like I am. Two hours pass by and I'm still PO about the experience even though it didn't directly happen to me.

20% off coupon you say? I need to find this. Any news from MN TRU stores?
Maple Grove sold out, Blaine and Minnetonka had about six but that was an hour ago.

I have the coupon saved in my photos on my phone, wish I could upload somehow.There's a post a few pages back from November 1st with the coupon scan.

Got there an hour after opening and scored a MYY with no problems.  

Shit, forgot Mega came out today...

Oh well, I'll pass. Kinda real tired of all these fucking Amiibo.
I've purchased 4 amiibo (green Yarn Yoshi and Dr. Mario as gifts, kept blue Yarn Yoshi and Classic 8-Bit Mario), and I've been sick of these things for a month, haha. The in-game support is trash, meaning the only one I really want (Charizard) is basically useless (doesn't do anything in Woolly World).

This guy's cute and all, but not $40 cute, IMO. I might swing by my TRU for a laugh, but I can't see myself throwing that much money at it. I'd get it for my sister as a gift for Christmas, but I already got her the little guy, and I don't think she'd care about the big one as well.

I've purchased 4 amiibo (green Yarn Yoshi and Dr. Mario as gifts, kept blue Yarn Yoshi and Classic 8-Bit Mario), and I've been sick of these things for a month, haha. The in-game support is trash, meaning the only one I really want (Charizard) is basically useless (doesn't do anything in Woolly World).

This guy's cute and all, but not $40 cute, IMO. I might swing by my TRU for a laugh, but I can't see myself throwing that much money at it. I'd get it for my sister as a gift for Christmas, but I already got her the little guy, and I don't think she'd care about the big one as well.
It's $32 with the coupon. That's what I paid anyways before tax.

It's $32 with the coupon. That's what I paid anyways before tax.
Yeah, but you're still talking about $35 after tax for something that is a glorified stuffed animal. Functionally, it's the same as the one I got with the game. I can't bring myself to do it. TOA's lowball is more deserving of my money.

If I was a Yoshi fan, then MYY would be an instant cop. I've had the little Yarn Yoshi's since July and those are perfect enough for me.

Yeah, but you're still talking about $35 after tax for something that is a glorified stuffed animal. Functionally, it's the same as the one I got with the game. I can't bring myself to do it. TOA's lowball is more deserving of my money.
Aside from a new skin in SMM you are right, it is the same. I just got it cause I love the design of Yarn Yoshi and the big one looks a lot better.

This is debatable. Skins mean a lot to some people (not me personally, but to others they do). I don't think anybody would argue the 8-bit Mario unlock in SMM is minor though. The mega mushroom completely changes the way the game plays when used and completely revamps the way you'll have to design your levels. The levels I've uploaded using it have by far been the most popular, probably because they allow things that simply can't be done otherwise like running through walls and breaking bricks under you. It's a huge addition because it's such a game changer, and the fact that it's locked behind amiibo is disgusting.

Then we have crap like Shovel Knight co-op and extra levels in that Megaman game and Splatoon. Nintendo and co. are becoming more and more brazen with the amiibo paywall bullshit. To this day I can't fathom why they can't just be collectible display pieces.

Last edited:
Don't know if anyone made the same mistake as I did, but I completely forgot TRU would be having extended holiday hours. Got there at 10 (normal opening time) and got 2nd to last MYY. Keep this in mind going forward through the holidays!!

Don't know if anyone made the same mistake as I did, but I completely forgot TRU would be having extended holiday hours. Got there at 10 (normal opening time) and got 2nd to last MYY. Keep this in mind going forward through the holidays!!
When I said I got there an hour after opening I meant 11 AM. I got there at 11 and got one lol. Didn't realize they opened earlier.

I love how we have so many people from Minnesota on here.
Mankato here... I typically go up to Burnsville for TRU amiibos but decided to go to Rochester instead today, got there 15 mins before store open and was surprised to see no line, got my MYY and now I can relax for the day.

Got Mega Yarn Yoshi with the coupon.  There was a line.  We showed up about 20 minutes before opening and were 16th/17th in line.

bread's done
Back