amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The Best Buy kiosks still have the Twilight Princess bundle available for preorder, but it won't ring up at the registers. Here's hoping they open up preorders again, because I am suddenly really regretting missing out.
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the in-store tickets are stilled tied to the online system. If it's out of stock online, the printouts won't work, ever. I know the kiosk can provide false hope sometimes.

It's because they don't have the discipline to just enjoy the product in it's sealed form. They had to open in and play with it and since the value is lessened, they are sore about it and rather insecure about it as well.
Dafuq? "Discipline to enjoy to just enjoy the product in it's sealed form." What does that even mean?

Realize that your weird and out of the norm. Go and say that line to people in the real world and they are going to think you're a weirdo.

God, I pity some of the poor souls on this thread.

Dafuq? "Discipline to enjoy to just enjoy the product in it's sealed form." What does that even mean?

Realize that your weird and out of the norm. Go and say that line to people in the real world and they are going to think you're a weirdo.

God, I pity some of the poor souls on this thread.
The entire concept is over your head.

Adults collect amiibo
Kids take them out and play with them

Now go tell everyone in the real world that you are an adult that takes amiibo's out of the packaging so that you can play with them. I'm sure your story will make a lovely sequal to the movie "40 year old virgin"

So you honestly believe within 2 weeks Toys R Us will discount mega yarn yoshi? I always knew you were a moron but wow.
I'd say after Black Friday it will be discounted just like the first wave was discounted with buy one get one 1/2 off back when amiibo's first launched.

Now go cry some more about how I was making fun of your smelly neckbeard friends that I came across at TRU today and how it's not their fault that they are they way they are.

Adults collect amiibo

Now go tell everyone in the real world that you are an adult that takes amiibo's out of the packaging so that you can play with them. I'm sure your story will make a lovely sequal to the movie "40 year old version".
Everyone please just report this guy please. He does this every time amiibo release. He comes in here and just starts talking down to everyone and goes on about how great he is. We has a community really do not need people like this nor do we deserve this kinda garbage. If enough people report him and show the mods we have had enough of this hopefully action will be taken.

Everyone please just report this guy please. He does this every time amiibo release. He comes in here and just starts talking down to everyone and goes on about how great he is. We has a community really do not need people like this nor do we deserve this kinda garbage. If enough people report him and show the mods we have had enough of this hopefully action will be taken.
^
The guy who does nothing but insult everyone constantly on this board is crying now because someone decided to call him out. Just check Deader's past posts in the old amiibo thread. He's the reason why that one got closed down and now he's starting up again in this one. Just ignore this guy.

It's because they don't have the discipline to just enjoy the product in it's sealed form. They had to open in and play with it and since the value is lessened, they are sore about it and rather insecure about it as well.
Except these are toys meant to be opened.

Poor investment and I feel sorry for anyone who tries to resell these. Look how quickly the magic three or whatever silly name kids came up with dropped after a reprint. But hey, they are the same people with sealed cases of Episode 1 toys in their basement.

Went to TRU after work and they were all sold out of MYY. Ah well. Hopefully I can pick it up on a restock. In other news, has a Chibi-Robo amiibo without the game been announced?

You say PO-TAY-TO, I say PO-TAH-TO.

You say TO-MAY-TO, I say TO-MAH-TO.

Some collect amiibos to display, some open them up.

Some collect a few, some the whole collection.

Some buy to play, some hoard to resell.

Let's call the whole thing off?

Except these are toys meant to be opened.

Poor investment and I feel sorry for anyone who tries to resell these. Look how quickly the magic three or whatever silly name kids came up with dropped after a reprint. But hey, they are the same people with sealed cases of Episode 1 toys in their basement.
Who said anything about hanging onto them for investment? Again, I have a full set of every USA issued amiibo still in the packaging that was PAID for by other amiibo that I sold. Basically I have ZERO $$ of my own money invested in this collection, so any additional $$ I get when I sell them is just icing on the cake. Im not planning on hanging onto these. They were just fun to collect and look at for a short time. It's very easy to buy multiples of 1st print villager and marth and have the foresight to dump for profit before the reprint hits.

I always wonder why open box collectors feel the need to condescend other people who collect differently. You don't see NiB collectors doing it.

Grown ass men patronizing other people for not opening their own toys. It's some sort of inferiority complex.
Coming from you, that means absolutely nothing. Hypocrite. Not sure who's more of an idiot. You or wargod. Hell, it's even possible you're the same person so you can have yourself to stick up for you when no one else will.

I went more than an hour after opening and picked one up. I was just curious, which is why I went. The 20% off coupon was what pushed me over.

I was thinking of getting the missus to crochet eggs to hold the little yoshis to display with MYY, but then I realized I didn't really have room for such a display, and dropped the idea.

Now I'm not sure I will keep it, since I've pretty much decided to get rid of all but Yarn, Pokemon, Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, and a couple others (Toon Link, Fox, Shulk, Megaman, and Kirby).

Adults collect amiibo

Now go tell everyone in the real world that you are an adult that takes amiibo's out of the packaging so that you can play with them. I'm sure your story will make a lovely sequal to the movie "40 year old virgin"
Might want to rewatch the movie, dude in 40 year old virgin had a lot of stuff boxed on his wall. It's a little more crazy to keep your toys in a box to just look at them than it is to actually use them for their intended purpose.

wonder what the lottie numbers are going to look like next sunday

she's probably my least favorite of the first AC wave but I want them all

I love the look of these Animal Crossing amiibo, I just wish we had a traditional AC game coming to Wii U, because I would then pick up more of them.  As it is, I'm sticking to Tom Nook, and Timmy & Tommy when they come out.  If they ever sell KK solo here, I'll get that too.

Good luck to you AC and MYY folks. I hope everyone finds what they want by Christmas.

After casually snagging a Mewtwo from Amazon, I'm incredibly thankful for the ease in finding the recent SSB collection and overjoyed to be almost finished. I guess I will need to add Cloud Strife to the list, but to be down to 4 DLC amiibo...well, the light at the end of the tunnel is finally visible. It's been a long time since series 1, and this guy is ready to hang it up on the amiibo purchases.

GizmoGC said:
Look how quickly the magic three or whatever silly name kids came up with dropped after a reprint.
You know damn well what people were calling the "magic three", don't try to act all disinterested. Let me guess, you were never really an amoeba fan in the first place?

All y'all just need to be more civil. I don't see how anything wargod said is more offensive then what has been posted by others. He has a difference of opinion and whether you agree or not, just respect each other.

All y'all just need to be more civil. I don't see how anything wargod said is more offensive then what has been posted by others. He has a difference of opinion and whether you agree or not, just respect each other.
I have no problem respecting a difference of opinion but no one is going to respect someone that mouths off to collectors, especially collectors that have put in ZERO $$ of their own money into their collection through selling of dupes.

There's a big difference between

1. An adult that opens up the amiibo to use them with the game system

2. An adult who leaves them unopened to collect

3. An adult who opens them, doesn't even own a wii U, and plays with them like they are action figures

I think based on the responses, we've clearly identified who the #3 type posters are.....

and whether you agree or not, just respect each other.
Middle aged men saying that if you aren't opening up your amiibo and having make believe battles with them in your parents basement, then you are "doing it wrong". I feel really sad for these types. No wonder why they can't find their own way in the world and still live in their parents basement... their biggest priority is telling others to unbox amiibo on CAG and they live their lives based on buying up whatever the next toy is so that they can open them up and show collectors "how it's done!" These types have been coddled by their parents all their lives and they are just now reading for the first time on a CAG message board that they need to get their lives back together.

There's a big difference between

1. An adult that opens up the amiibo to use them with the game system

2. An adult who leaves them unopened to collect

3. An adult who opens them, doesn't even own a wii U, and plays with them like they are action figures

I think based on the responses, we've clearly identified who the #3 type posters are.....
I'm sorry, I don't find the posts that wargod makes as respectful, whatsoever. Generalizing every one in line for amiibo as "neckbeards" and "smelly", generalizing all amiibo collectors who open theirs as "middle aged men" who have "make believe battles with them in their parents basement".

This is on top of all the other mindless posts this person has made in the past. Respect goes both ways. I make efforts to be a community member, to share deals when I find them, to answer people's questions, to be a part of community. This user DOES NOT, ever. I don't think I've seen anything helpful or encouraging from this person once.

The best thing you can do if you don't like someone is ignore them (ignore me if you'd like even). Click on your profile page, then click "edit my profile". From their find your Ignore Preferences, and you can type in the people you don't want to see anymore. Enjoy!

You know damn well what people were calling the "magic three", don't try to act all disinterested. Let me guess, you were never really an amoeba fan in the first place?
No, I really don't remember the silly name the kids came up with for some toys they couldn't find.

I have a complete collection of OPENED Amiibos. I also like to go to stores and crease all the cards on the pegs just to piss off NIB Amiibo fans who buy and return when their $13 toy doesn't come in perfect condition with free shipping. I love how Best Buy now puts a sticker on the actual toy who you do instore pickup. I also park in handicap spaces.

No, really, what was the silly name? All I ever see now are terrible customs, crappy gold painted 'custom DONKEY KONG' and stupid things where they put the amino next to whatever and make funny sayings.

No, I really don't remember the silly name the kids came up with for some toys they couldn't find.

I have a complete collection of OPENED Amiibos. I also like to go to stores and crease all the cards on the pegs just to piss off NIB Amiibo fans who buy and return when their $13 toy doesn't come in perfect condition with free shipping. I love how Best Buy now puts a sticker on the actual toy who you do inshore pickup.
Are you just a miserable person or what? I've never seen you say something respectful or helpful either. Every single one of your posts looks to demean other people.

You don't have to answer that though, I'll just be ignoring you too.

It's ok lite. These people only pop up during a new amiibo release then go right back to lurking. I just don't understand why these people are allowed to be disruptive.

Are you just a miserable person or what? I've never seen you say something respectful or helpful either. Every single one of your posts looks to demean other people.

You don't have to answer that though, I'll just be ignoring you too.
I rarely post so you must have a really good memory of me.

I'm sorry, I don't find the posts that wargod makes as respectful, whatsoever. Generalizing every one in line for amiibo as "neckbeards" and "smelly", generalizing all amiibo collectors who open theirs as "middle aged men" who have "make believe battles with them in their parents basement".

This is on top of all the other mindless posts this person has made in the past. Respect goes both ways. I make efforts to be a community member, to share deals when I find them, to answer people's questions, to be a part of community. This user DOES NOT, ever. I don't think I've seen anything helpful or encouraging from this person once.

The best thing you can do if you don't like someone is ignore them (ignore me if you'd like even). Click on your profile page, then click "edit my profile". From their find your Ignore Preferences, and you can type in the people you don't want to see anymore. Enjoy!
I never said that I generalize. I said that every new release that I've been at has some of the people standing in line that are neckbeards and smell like they haven't bathed in ages. There are also people in line that are perfectly normal.

There are numerous postings about this problem from multiple posters. Also I don't have the time to quote all my helpful posts on this message board so I'm afraid you just need to be added to my ignore list.

In other news, has a Chibi-Robo amiibo without the game been announced?
Nothing on a North American version, and they did say in the Nintendo Direct announcing it that it would be exclusive to the bundle. Things can change though. If you don't mind a Japanese import there's some good prices for him and others:

Chibi Robo - $12.96 Third Party Fulfilled by Amazon - Free shipping over $35
Modern Mario - $18.50 Third Party Fulfilled by Amazon - Free shipping over $35 (other options for a few $ cheaper)
Robin - $18.90 Third Party Fulfilled by Amazon - Free shipping over $35 (other options for a few $ cheaper)
Robot (R.O.B.) - $13.20 Third Party Fulfilled by Amazon - Free shipping over $35 (Other sellers)

Game & Watch - $11.96 Third Party Fulfilled by Amazon - Free shipping over $35

So just wondering. Are the gold marios still the rare gems to sit on?
It is being released in Japan on December 17th. This could potentially erode the value of a North American Gold Mario, as open box collectors or those willing to settle will pay less for an import. If I had one, I'd probably trade or sell it now, but that's just me.

...Seriously? Consistently trolling about "smelly neckbeards" is a-ok but the minute somebody so much as mentions politics or posts a wrestling gif it's suddenly time to shut the thread down?

I'm so impatient. I really want to get a hold of Toon Link and Sheik, but as someone mentioned earlier, maybe a restock near TPHD isn't so unlikely.

I'm not going to scroll through the forum to see what he said, but if you expect civility, decency, and unbiased thoughts and opinions, you came to the wrong place. Trust me, even implying that Nintendo isn't a perfect god worthy of our devout worship and you'll have several people here jump down your throat.

I remember responding to someone asking for opinions saying the online part of Triforce Heroes was abysmal (which it is.... according to Metacritic scores this is a new low for Zelda), and in return a fanboy who actually confessed to having never played it tried to shit all over me and my opinion. That's a perfect example of what this thread, and the community at large, has devolved too. I think it's funny to see the length the children will go to to defend and worship their favorite billion dollar corporation, but if you don't get any value out of that you may be better served in the reddit or elsewhere.

Oh, but if you go to the reddit, don't talk shit about any of the apps they put out. Even the paid ones that don't work, because apparently the admins are behind that scam? IDK lol, I find the idea of paying for an amiibo app ridiculous, but I've seen 2 or 3 threads cause a stink about how broken they were followed by a ton of bans lol.

Good luck to you AC and MYY folks. I hope everyone finds what they want by Christmas.

After casually snagging a Mewtwo from Amazon, I'm incredibly thankful for the ease in finding the recent SSB collection and overjoyed to be almost finished. I guess I will need to add Cloud Strife to the list, but to be down to 4 DLC amiibo...well, the light at the end of the tunnel is finally visible. It's been a long time since series 1, and this guy is ready to hang it up on the amiibo purchases.
We still need a restock on the Fire Emblem characters, and I've had to go online to nab some of the store exclusives, but yeah things are much better. For the first time since this debacle started I actually think I have a chance at a whole collection without going over MSRP.

Last edited:
I remember responding to someone asking for opinions saying the online part of Triforce Heroes was abysmal (which it is.... according to Metacritic scores this is a new low for Zelda), and in return a fanboy who actually confessed to having never played it tried to shit all over me and my opinion. That's a perfect example of what this thread, and the community at large, has devolved too. I think it's funny to see the length the children will go to to defend and worship their favorite billion dollar corporation, but if you don't get any value out of that you may be better served in the reddit or elsewhere.
I've talked down about Chibi Robo Zip Lash and Triforce Heroes and didn't get that kind of treatment. Maybe it's the pattern of bashing from certain people that gets people more riled up than the actual opinion.

How has there not been a single review for Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival?

The company must not have sent a single copy of the game to any media review publications.   The cynical part of me also wonders if there isn't more at play here. 

I've talked down about Chibi Robo Zip Lash and Triforce Heroes and didn't get that kind of treatment. Maybe it's the pattern of bashing from certain people that gets people more riled up than the actual opinion.
And yet, I don't even remember your Triforce comments. They couldn't have been that inflammatory. Thank you for weighing in on Chibi Robo though. I happen to love game reviews from those who've actually tried the game.

By now, everyone (except the walrus apparently) knows who the regular fire starters are here.

http://kotaku.com/you-finally-got-me-amiibo-but-your-animal-crossing-boa-1742663394

Not a real review, but has his thoughts on the new Animal Crossing, sounds kind of meh. Only purpose of this game is to sell AC amiibo.
This has been known for some time. The real news is that Nintendo lets their employee be honest about it without firing him or having him executed or something.

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/honestly-we-just-wanted-animal-crossing-amiibo-aya-kyogoku-on-the-genesis-of-amiibo-festival-and-happy-home-designer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtUD4zI4Tvw&feature=youtu.be

The game certainly looks like shit to me, nothing more than an excuse to crank out amiibo for the holidays, but you know we'll have certain worshippers here defend the hell out of it.

Last edited:
bread's done
Back