amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So much for Amazon saying that they have an adequate supply. Or is there a shit ton of Amiibo collectors? Sorry, I'm kind of new to this. I just recently ordered my 1st Amiibo today which was 8 bit Mario. Thinking of just getting the Mario collection (Luigi, Peach, Toad, Bowser, Yoshi. Rosalina), yarn Yoshi, and maybe the two Links (Toon Link seems rare now). 

Nope, but it's really not that high... nothing like the days of $100 for Marth and $150 for Villager.
Well, sure, prices were ridiculous in the early days (wish I had sold my Marth instead of it being one of the few I've actually used in SSB for all of one evening). But Palutena is in the $30-$40 range which is too high for me that's for sure. Most of the others that I never see in stores are down to the $20 range just because of the International versions available. I was wondering why that one is still higher.

So much for Amazon saying that they have an adequate supply. Or is there a shit ton of Amiibo collectors? Sorry, I'm kind of new to this.
If you consider what happened with Palutena you may see why that is. It has apparently never been restocked and commands a premium. So I'm sure a lot of resellers snapped these up hoping for the same. But Chibo-Robo is a bit different since it is available in the bundle still. I think with the drop in price of the game itself (which seems to be hovering around $20) and the abundance of the bundle version we'll see a ceiling on the price of the Amiibo.

In any case, I do still see it still available. It may be going in and out of stock as they release more lots for sale.

Well, sure, that is ridiculous. But Palutena is in the $30-$40 range which is too high for me that's for sure. Most of the others that I never see in stores are down to the $20 range just because of the International versions available. I was wondering why that one is still higher.
Yeah, I get where you're coming from.

I'm sure it'll be reprinted though, and likely end up going to TRU... just like Shulk (and others) did.

I don't even have a Wii U but I ordered one of these. I guess I thought it looked pretty cool.
So I'm guessing everyone is getting 2 to resell one later?

Yeah, I get where you're coming from.

I'm sure it'll be reprinted though, and likely end up going to TRU... just like Shulk (and others) did.
See I don't follow these enough to know about all the exclusives and reprint info. I stumbled upon Shulk (along with Lucario) at TRU a few weeks back and picked it up. I didn't even know it was an Amiibo at the time I found it! I guess it was exclusive to somewhere else before TRU got it?

I just saw that list of all the ones coming out early next year a few pages back in this thread. Man, they are oversaturating the market just like Skylanders and DI. It is getting overwhelming.

I don't feel the need to get them all but I like certain IPs like Chibi and Animal Crossing so I'll probably get suckered into buying all the AC ones. I just wish there was an actual use for them (beyond Amiibo Festival). Like I said before, I'm hoping a proper AC game comes out for the Wii U and makes good use of these (not just the AC ones but all of them - e.g., the Mario amiibo could unlock a Mario statue or something like that).

I don't even have a Wii U but I ordered one of these. I guess I thought it looked pretty cool.
So I'm guessing everyone is getting 2 to resell one later?
Well, it's main functionality is a 3DS game actually.

Don't know how much you're really going to get for it, unless you hang on to it for a long time or something. They are available in the 3DS game bundle, which has been on sale for $29.99 before. Imports for the amiibo are readily available too, further eroding price.

See I don't follow these enough to know about all the exclusives and reprint info. I stumbled upon Shulk (along with Lucario) at TRU a few weeks back and picked it up. I didn't even know it was an Amiibo at the time I found it! I guess it was exclusive to somewhere else before TRU got it?
Shulk was a Gamestop exclusive. It was available to pre-order for a few weeks but then amiibo fever took hold and was very hard to find. I believe Gamestop had one restock of their own this summer and then finally he came back with a widespread restock and lost the exclusivity too.

Well, it's main functionality is a 3DS game actually.

Don't know how much you're really going to get for it, unless you hang on to it for a long time or something. They are available in the 3DS game bundle, which has been on sale for $29.99 before. Imports for the amiibo are readily available too, further eroding price.
Ahh ok didn't know about the 3DS. I only got one as well, I don't do the whole resell to profit thing. If I were to order two it would be to help a member here if they got the shaft and wanted one.

I mainly got one because I thought it looked cool. I think it is compatible with Mario Marker which is why I am getting a Wii U. So I guess that helps. :)
Thanks for the info guys/gals.

I mainly got one because I thought it looked cool. I think it is compatible with Mario Marker which is why I am getting a Wii U. So I guess that helps. :)
Do all the Amiibos unlock costumes in Mario Maker?

Otherwise, yeah, I just got Chibi-Robo for my desk. I have fond memories of playing the original game with my kids on the Gamecube. I even have a big display box for the game that I got from my old Blockbuster/Gamerush before they shut it down. That's why I bought the Zip-Lash bundle even though I didn't want the game itself (though I'm kind of pissed they did that and then released him separately). Fortunately I hadn't opened it yet and I am just barely still within the Best Buy return period so I'm headed up there to return that today since I have my Amazon order secured now.

Ahh ok didn't know about the 3DS. I only got one as well, I don't do the whole resell to profit thing. If I were to order two it would be to help a member here if they got the shaft and wanted one.

He is indeed compatible with Mario Maker. And he's freaking cute too! I believe Mario Maker is a magical experience - I hope it brings you the same amount of joy.

It looks like wave...I don't know, six? Is in stock at amazon now too. Ganondorf and pikman guy and zero suit samus.

Apparently Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival and Mario Tennis are very poor games. Feels like they just kinda rushed these together to have something out this holiday.

Apparently Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival and Mario Tennis are very poor games. Feels like they just kinda rushed these together to have something out this holiday.
My wife is a huge animal crossing fan. She had no interest in amiibo festival or home designer from the very beginning trailers. I want her to like amiibo festival so we can play something together..but I gotta agree with her it's a one night rental at best.

My wife is a huge animal crossing fan. She had no interest in amiibo festival or home designer from the very beginning trailers. I want her to like amiibo festival so we can play something together..but I gotta agree with her it's a one night rental at best.
I bought the amiibo but havent gotten the game yet because i wanted to see reviews first and so far the reviews for it have been terrible. Hopefully the game goes on sale cheap at somepoint because now I just want the two amiibo from it.

I bought the amiibo but havent gotten the game yet because i wanted to see reviews first and so far the reviews for it have been terrible. Hopefully the game goes on sale cheap at somepoint because now I just want the two amiibo from it.
Agreed. I definitely want KK and that slumlord Tom Nook to display regardless if we end up getting the game.

After seeing your post, I immediately went to see if there was early reviews of Mario Tennis Ultra Smash for Wii U. There was many, and it wasn't good. That's disappointing to see. Best Mario tennis game was on GameCube..still play that to this day.

Back to amiibo talks..I walked in GameStop last week, and stumbled onto Mewtwo. Didn't realize it was out. Made my day :)

Do all the Amiibos unlock costumes in Mario Maker?

Otherwise, yeah, I just got Chibi-Robo for my desk. I have fond memories of playing the original game with my kids on the Gamecube. I even have a big display box for the game that I got from my old Blockbuster/Gamerush before they shut it down. That's why I bought the Zip-Lash bundle even though I didn't want the game itself (though I'm kind of pissed they did that and then released him separately). Fortunately I hadn't opened it yet and I am just barely still within the Best Buy return period so I'm headed up there to return that today since I have my Amazon order secured now.
They've done that with every other Amiibo so far why wouldn't you think they would do it with Chibi-Robo?

So much for Amazon saying that they have an adequate supply. Or is there a shit ton of Amiibo collectors? Sorry, I'm kind of new to this. I just recently ordered my 1st Amiibo today which was 8 bit Mario. Thinking of just getting the Mario collection (Luigi, Peach, Toad, Bowser, Yoshi. Rosalina), yarn Yoshi, and maybe the two Links (Toon Link seems rare now).
They are fun to collect. I have a near complete mint collection (need AC 3-pack) of all the non game bundled ones that are USA versions that have been produced so far. All first prints and a 2nd print Villager. I have a space reserved right next to Mewtwo for Falco tomorrow. I'll probably pick up Lottie on the 22nd, 8 bit modern Mario next Thurs, and then Chibi will arrive around the 1st. Not sure if I will pick up the AC three pack or not. Several local collectors have been drooling over the collection begging me to part with it but I honestly don't even have the time right now to deal with selling them as I've been rather immersed with Fallout 4 and Star Wars Battlefront.

I'm considering parting with the collection at a later time as production of these will continue into spring of 2016, (and beyond) and while acquiring all of these has been very easy so far (without costing me anything out of pocket due to selling multiple original copies of villager and marth for top dollar before the reprints - thanks for the free money Nintendo!) I only have so much wall space available. Decisions... decisions... *yawn* - oh well. Can't wait to hear the stories on here about the amiibo debacles that will occur on black Friday. I'm sure we will encounter some real gems. Happy collecting boys!

image%204_zpsyvgaumpf.jpeg

Wish Nintendo would release more sports games like the Mario Tennis/Golf that were on the GBA. I loved those games and the RPG features and such.
Was there also an RPG feature in the GBA Release of Mario Golf? I remember I received the Mario Tennis game as a present for my birthday and thought it must be a joke. I fell in love with the RPG side of it. It's definitely my most played GBA game.

After seeing the awful reviews of the new Wii U one a few days ago, I checked to see if the 3DS one had the same RPG style mode but it seems like they phased it out. I thought that was the best part..I even loved training in the mini-games.
I really hope they bring that back some day. Woulda been fun to go on tour with an amiibo.

They are fun to collect. I have a near complete mint collection (need AC 3-pack) of all the non game bundled ones that are USA versions that have been produced so far. All first prints and a 2nd print Villager. I have a space reserved right next to Mewtwo for Falco tomorrow. I'll probably pick up Lottie on the 22nd, 8 bit modern Mario next Thurs, and then Chibi will arrive around the 1st. Not sure if I will pick up the AC three pack or not. Several local collectors have been drooling over the collection begging me to part with it but I honestly don't even have the time right now to deal with selling them as I've been rather immersed with Fallout 4 and Star Wars Battlefront.

I'm considering parting with the collection at a later time as production of these will continue into spring of 2016, (and beyond) and while acquiring all of these has been very easy so far (without costing me anything out of pocket due to selling multiple original copies of villager and marth for top dollar before the reprints - thanks for the free money Nintendo!) I only have so much wall space available. Decisions... decisions... *yawn* - oh well. Can't wait to hear the stories on here about the amiibo debacles that will occur on black Friday. I'm sure we will encounter some real gems. Happy collecting boys!

You don't have time to have someone come to your house and give you money? I can't tell if you're always fishing for responses or if you're really just as big of a douche as you act.

Was there also an RPG feature in the GBA Release of Mario Golf? I remember I received the Mario Tennis game as a present for my birthday and thought it must be a joke. I fell in love with the RPG side of it. It's definitely my most played GBA game.

After seeing the awful reviews of the new Wii U one a few days ago, I checked to see if the 3DS one had the same RPG style mode but it seems like they phased it out. I thought that was the best part..I even loved training in the mini-games.
I really hope they bring that back some day. Woulda been fun to go on tour with an amiibo.
Yeah Golf did as well. I still enjoy the newer Mario Golf's, but the Tennis's just feel way too fast paced and frantic lately with not enough substance.

This is getting me nostalgic. I played Mario Golf on the N64 for what feels like forever. I would love to have another new full screen version.

Nice collection but I cannot fathom why anyone would get into collecting anything if they contemplate they might sell it later. To me that's not collecting, more collecteering so you can sell the set for money in the future. You have every right to do what you want and truthfully it's not in my place to question it but I'm just chiming in anyway as it just seems odd to me to put this much effort into something just to think about selling it later. In my opinion if someone is truly invested and collecting they are doing so because they intend to keep said collection so they can enjoy it for years to come --- not for a quick thrill just so they can sell a few months/years later. Not really trying to put you on the spot or anything, I'm merely making a comment as I meant what I said as it's a great collection regardless.

As someone who has the exact same collection (except I have the AC 3pk), I call total BS on collectors offering you anything near what ti's worth. Anyone who follows these on eBay knows that selling the entire collection, as a set, means a dramatic drop in value (just search ebay's completed auctions for full sets). People want the figures, sure, but no one wants to pay $700+ for them.

I even had two full sets back in March, pre-restocks, and at most could MAYBE find an offer of $800 for one of the sets.

Sick brags though, bud.

Yeah Golf did as well. I still enjoy the newer Mario Golf's, but the Tennis's just feel way too fast paced and frantic lately with not enough substance.
Huh. Interesting.
The GBA version of Mario Tennis was the only one from the series I ever owned, so I think I'm way too spoiled by it to ever want to own a full version of the new games. I have played a few doubles matches at different amiibo lines though. It was fun but not fun enough.
Mario Golf for the 3DS on the other hand, I had a lot of fun trying that out. I should look into getting it and the GBA version someday. Thanks.

You don't have time to have someone come to your house and give you money? I can't tell if you're always fishing for responses or if you're really just as big of a douche as you act.
I can't tell if you are always this miserable around the holidays to the point where you feel the need to throw out meaningless insults or if you really truly don't understand the time involved in a transaction where a collectible is involved. You assume you know the specifics of the situation at hand. You don't. In any case, allow me to educate you on the matter because after all, every little bit of knowledge helps.

These collectors will more than likely want to:

- Inspect each amiibo for bends, creases, etc

- Inspect the paint work on each

- Negotiate price

- Package them carefully for transport

- Ask questions about items they see

- Want to BS about Nintendo related things

And that's assuming that they want to come to the house rather than meet at a public place, which would add more time as I would have to prepare them for transporting. All of this takes time, and it's hardly a quick transaction thwere they "come to your house and give you money". Hope this clears it up for you and maybe next time you'll actually think before you post.

I can't tell if you are always this miserable around the holidays to the point where you feel the need to throw out meaningless insults or if you really truly don't understand the time involved in a transaction where a collectible is involved. You assume you know the specifics of the situation at hand. You don't. In any case, allow me to educate you on the matter because after all, every little bit of knowledge helps.

These collectors will more than likely want to:

- Inspect each amiibo for bends, creases, etc
- Inspect the paint work on each
- Negotiate price
- Package them carefully for transport
- Ask questions about items they see
- Want to BS about Nintendo related things

And that's assuming that they want to come to the house rather than meet at a public place, which would add more time as I would have to prepare them for transporting. All of this takes time, and it's hardly a quick transaction thwere they "come to your house and give you money". Hope this clears it up for you and maybe next time you'll actually think before you post.
Go play frogger in the street.

As someone who has the exact same collection (except I have the AC 3pk), I call total BS on collectors offering you anything near what ti's worth. Anyone who follows these on eBay knows that selling the entire collection, as a set, means a dramatic drop in value (just search ebay's completed auctions for full sets). People want the figures, sure, but no one wants to pay $700+ for them.

I even had two full sets back in March, pre-restocks, and at most could MAYBE find an offer of $800 for one of the sets.

Sick brags though, bud.
It sounds like the collectors in you area are short on funds. Might want to try and sell them locally on craigslist and break them into Waves. Also what do you consider a dramatic drop in value at this point? Under $12.99 per item? I think that cost per item is a fair price for a quick sale. As I said, there's nothing hard about putting a simple collection of these together. Also sick assumption that the original post was a brag post. It's hardly anything of the sort. Something that is so easy as purchasing amiibos as they come available is hardly anything to brag about. You may or may not think that having them all is some special magical accomplishment/difficult feat, but I can assure you I do not.

Nice collection but I cannot fathom why anyone would get into collecting anything if they contemplate they might sell it later. To me that's not collecting, more collecteering so you can sell the set for money in the future. You have every right to do what you want and truthfully it's not in my place to question it but I'm just chiming in anyway as it just seems odd to me to put this much effort into something just to think about selling it later. In my opinion if someone is truly invested and collecting they are doing so because they intend to keep said collection so they can enjoy it for years to come --- not for a quick thrill just so they can sell a few months/years later. Not really trying to put you on the spot or anything, I'm merely making a comment as I meant what I said as it's a great collection regardless.
No offense taken, but I don't know what effort you are talking about from my perspective. What may be viewed as difficult for some, is viewed as easy for others. Yes, it does take some time to get them, but nothing I would label as being a hard effort. It was more effort for me to list the dupes, package them, and sell them for well over $2k profit than it was to just press a button on the PC to pre-order these at the correct time and wait for them to arrive at my house. Sure there was some luck involved as I haven't had a single one not show up in mint condition. Plenty of sources to state what will be available and when. I'm not really invested in this and quite honestly, continuing to acquire additional ones in the future while easy does take some time.

It sounds like the collectors in you area are short on funds. Might want to try and sell them locally on craigslist and break them into Waves. Also what do you consider a dramatic drop in value at this point? Under $12.99 per item? I think that cost per item is a fair price for a quick sale. As I said, there's nothing hard about putting a simple collection of these together. Also sick assumption that the original post was a brag post. It's hardly anything of the sort. Something that is so easy as purchasing amiibos as they come available is hardly anything to brag about. You may or may not think that having them all is some special magical accomplishment/difficult feat, but I can assure you I do not.
Are you an idiot or just incapable of reading?

1) I was specifically referring to eBay, nothing local..

2) Breaking them down is the only way to get close to value, as I said.

3) If it isn't brag post, then why bother with a picture of your collection? We know what the figures look like in boxes..

4) I do think having an entire collection is pretty cool. As I said, I've had two complete collections and have your missing 3pck.

5) Go troll a different thread? No one cares about how awesome you think you are.

Are you an idiot or just incapable of reading?

1) I was specifically referring to eBay, nothing local..

2) Breaking them down is the only way to get close to value, as I said.

3) If it isn't brag post, then why bother with a picture of your collection? We know what the figures look like in boxes..

4) I do think having an entire collection is pretty cool. As I said, I've had two complete collections and have your missing 3pck.

5) Go troll a different thread? No one cares about how awesome you think you are.
Did your parents drop you on your head when you were younger or something?

1.) I don't care if you were referring to ebay. It is not the only avenue for selling these. if you want to pay ebay 10% plus 3% paypal fee, by all means keep using ebay. I never said anything about ebay in my original post.

2.) Yes, I was in agreement hence why I posted what I did.

3.) Because dkstrariob is considering collecting these and may not be aware of all of them so I posted a picture of my collection and my thoughts.

4. You seem to be rather proud of the fact that you have the 3pck. I was just in best buy earlier today and they have 10 of them sitting on the rack. Would me purchasing the 3pck tomorrow and posting a picture of it along with the rest of my collection make you feel better about it?

5. LOL so now a post about a collection is a troll post? Wow, please get a clue. No one cares if you've had two collections of these or that you are having trouble selling them or if you have a common AC 3pk that someone else has decided to not yet purchase. Go troll someone else. You're not fooling anyone. My ignore list keeps growing and you've just been recently added. Pretty soon it will be at the point where I no longer get baited into replying to nonsense remarks about my posts.

Mods, please delete all the nonsense responses to my constructive posts.  I was answering a question for a fellow CAG and some other members caught feelings over the truth being spoken simply because they have a difference of opinion and have yet to learn how to distinguish opinion from fact.  I should have simply added those who made false accusations and insults to my posts on my ignore list rather than even bother replying.   You would think that they would know how to form a proper constructive opinion like Navex did (take notes boys), but unfortunately they have much yet to still learn.  Like little guppies trying to swim with the big fish per say.  The wrong do'ers have since been added to my ignore list so that any attempt to bait me will be futile.

Happy collecting boys!

Came back from work and see that Amiibo thread was active for while. I didn't realize that Chibi-Robo pre-order was up. Hopefully, everyone in here got what they want. 

They've done that with every other Amiibo so far why wouldn't you think they would do it with Chibi-Robo?
I wasn't aware there were that many bundles. The only one I can think of that might have been exclusive but turned out not to be besides this one was the green yarn Yoshi. So that wasn't a big enough sample size to make that conclusion. And that was nearly as recent as Chibi-Robo anyway (plus I didn't even know the green Yarn Yoshi was coming out separately until I saw it in the store the other day). The only older example I can think of is the Mario Party bundle and in that case the Mario Amiibo had already been out prior. What other bundles are there? Does this mean the Zelda Twilight Princess bundle is not worth buying since that Amiibo will come out separately? Do you know that for sure based on the limited history here? I had just figured Chibi-Robo was so niche and of little to no use outside of his own game that it didn't make sense for them to sell it separately rather than to force people into buying the $40 bundle. Credit to Nintendo for providing it independently when they most certainly didn't have to.

In any case, thanks to Best Buy Elite Plus return period I was able to return the bundle tonight and get my $31.99 back. I have the game already from the Dell gift card deal so now I don't have to try to trade/sell that and can just keep it along with the standalone Amiibo.

FYI - it appears the Chibi-Robo Amiibo is still available for preorder so everyone should be able to get in on it who wants to.

And also, I cleaned up the thread...

I wasn't aware there were that many bundles. The only one I can think of that might have been exclusive but turned out not to be besides this one was the green yarn Yoshi. So that wasn't a big enough sample size to make that conclusion. And that was nearly as recent as Chibi-Robo anyway (plus I didn't even know the green Yarn Yoshi was coming out separately until I saw it in the store the other day). The only older example I can think of is the Mario Party bundle and in that case the Mario Amiibo had already been out prior. What other bundles are there? Does this mean the Zelda Twilight Princess bundle is not worth buying since that Amiibo will come out separately? Do you know that for sure based on the limited history here? I had just figured Chibi-Robo was so niche and of little to no use outside of his own game that it didn't make sense for them to sell it separately rather than to force people into buying the $40 bundle. Credit to Nintendo for providing it independently when they most certainly didn't have to.

In any case, thanks to Best Buy Elite Plus return period I was able to return the bundle tonight and get my $31.99 back. I have the game already from the Dell gift card deal so now I don't have to try to trade/sell that and can just keep it along with the standalone Amiibo.

FYI - it appears the Chibi-Robo Amiibo is still available for preorder so everyone should be able to get in on it who wants to.

And also, I cleaned up the thread...
The Super Mario Series Mario Amiibo was not available prior to the bundle, for some time it was the only way to get the figure.

Bundles:

Mario Party: Mario amiibo available later elsewhere separately

Yoshi's Wooly World: Green Yarn Yoshi available later separately

Chibi-Robo Zip Lash: Chibi Robo available later separately

Twilight Princess HD: Wolf Link/Midna already announced by NoE to be available separately later

Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival: ????

Mega Man Legacy Collection: ????

Seems like there's a pretty solid precedence give that literally every bundle to date has gone this way. We just don't know about the AC:AF cards and Digby yet

bread's done
Back