amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Falco is coming out today. I saw bestbuy team member put up all pre-ordered stickers for instore pick up yesterday. Still have few more left to go :)

The Super Mario Series Mario Amiibo was not available prior to the bundle, for some time it was the only way to get the figure.

Bundles:
Mario Party: Mario amiibo available later elsewhere separately
Yoshi's Wooly World: Green Yarn Yoshi available later separately
Chibi-Robo Zip Lash: Chibi Robo available later separately
Twilight Princess HD: Wolf Link/Midna already announced by NoE to be available separately later
Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival: ????
Mega Man Legacy Collection: ????

Seems like there's a pretty solid precedence give that literally every bundle to date has gone this way. We just don't know about the AC:AF cards and Digby yet
Yep. Also....
Super Mario Maker Wii U Bundle: Super Mario 30th Anniversary Amiibo (Modern Color)
Will be available at Wal-Mart.
( http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mario-Modern-Color-30th-Anniversary-Series-amiibo-Universal/46487295 )

attachicon.gif
awKryk3.jpeg

I think it came out last Christmas. I need to get the buddy Christ edition don't like classic version.
Everyone laughs about this, but Skylanders have had holiday figures for a few years. This will be the third year for a Christmas variant, they have also done Easter, Halloween, Valentines Day and Summer. It would not be such a stretch for Nintendo to come out with holiday themed Amiibo.

I still think the next Mario game will start having enemies as Amiibo. Goomba, koopas, shy guys, the list is huge of where they could go with this. Who wouldn't buy a dry bones Amiibo?

Everyone laughs about this, but Skylanders have had holiday figures for a few years. This will be the third year for a Christmas variant, they have also done Easter, Halloween, Valentines Day and Summer. It would not be such a stretch for Nintendo to come out with holiday themed Amiibo.

I still think the next Mario game will start having enemies as Amiibo. Goomba, koopas, shy guys, the list is huge of where they could go with this. Who wouldn't buy a dry bones Amiibo?
Sign me up for Birdo and a wiggler!

Count me out. Now if there were Legend of Zelda enemies, I'd jump on that bandwagon.
Oh heck yeah. Tektites and Octoroks for the win. Stalfos would be amazing.

And can you imagine Metroid? Ridley, Kraid and Metroid Amiibos? Damn.

Mario Kart Amiibos that are karts with wheels that roll and could be played with like Hot Wheels?

People think the other 700+ Pokemon is Nintendo's next path, but they have loads of other well defined characters. One of the hallmarks of Miyamoto's best efforts is the enemies aren't just nameless fodder, they actually have personality to boot.

Falco is coming out today. I saw bestbuy team member put up all pre-ordered stickers for instore pick up yesterday. Still have few more left to go :)
Yep, there was a big preorder sticker on the back of mine. I told the BB employee to give me on with no stickers on it. They had 18 non preorders in stock.

There were like...30+ pre-orders in the big case behind the pick up section (whole thing was FULL of Falco, it looked like TRU's wall of amiibo). Only 8 were available for people without a pre-order, and all got snatched up at opening.

On another note, because I remembered someone asked this, I pre-ordered two seperate Falco just to see what would happen if I did. The manager smiled as he got them, didnt say a word about it. So..yeah. I guess you can pre-order two separately for pick up if you want (ymmv though).

I could have picked up an extra but a quick search on ebay showed them selling for $19.

Figure with a 7% sales tax and GCU, you are paying $11.12

Add the $2.50 to ship it and the 13% ebay/payapal fees on a $19 sale price and you have a net profit of $2.91.

Not worth the time to buy a 2nd one if your intent is resale on ebay....

There were like...30+ pre-orders in the big case behind the pick up section (whole thing was FULL of Falco, it looked like TRU's wall of amiibo). Only 8 were available for people without a pre-order, and all got snatched up at opening.

On another note, because I remembered someone asked this, I pre-ordered two seperate Falco just to see what would happen if I did. The manager smiled as he got them, didnt say a word about it. So..yeah. I guess you can pre-order two separately for pick up if you want (ymmv though).
well even if people missed out they can still order it on the website.

Both my Mewtwo and my Falco were shipped from the Findlay, Ohio distribution center via UPS SurePost, and were each in boxes the right size to deliver them with minimal to no damage to the packaging.

I guess that's the magic source for BBY amiibo shipping.

well even if people missed out they can still order it on the website.
Honestly, I can't imagine anyone actually missed out what with the pre-order never going out of stock..although...I was really surprised when I learned all 8 were snatched up, by different people as well. Wonder why they didn't pre-order.

But anyway, it's nice to finally have the original roster finished (both in box and out).

Honestly, I can't imagine anyone actually missed out what with the pre-order never going out of stock..although...I was really surprised when I learned all 8 were snatched up, by different people as well. Wonder why they didn't pre-order.
Besides being oblivious, the only excuse I can think of is they wanted to check out paint jobs on them. If there was only 8 to sell though can't imagine they had much choice. I'm sticking with being oblivious.

no idea how some Best Buys got a few HUNDRED Falcos.  these numbers seem to exceed any other amiibo shipment.  I haven't checked near me yet as I have 2 arriving in the mail. 

After the recent restock of previously rare and store exclusive figures, I have a feeling that Best Buy worked a big deal with Nintendo. They'd have to place those orders to get that many and pay up front. Maybe that's why store exclusives are now seeing staggered releases instead of larger waves.  The retailers aren't stupid.  They've been seeing people camp out for these things for almost a year now.  They know they're losing money by not having them.

Bowser Jr??
I know you are mostly a lurker and you don't keep up with amiibo news but this still made me laugh.

After the recent restock of previously rare and store exclusive figures, I have a feeling that Best Buy worked a big deal with Nintendo. They'd have to place those orders to get that many and pay up front. Maybe that's why store exclusives are now seeing staggered releases instead of larger waves. The retailers aren't stupid. They've been seeing people camp out for these things for almost a year now. They know they're losing money by not having them.
Only problem is that implies that the retailers haven't been ordering more since Day 1, which is pretty much false. I don't pretend to know how the store exclusive nonsense worked, but I do know Best Buy and Gamestop have been pushing and pushing for restocks on the original trinity, at the very latest since Wave 2 hit, not to mention pushing for restocks on tons of others as each wave passes.

Nintendo is the one who, until recently, chose to leave those orders unfulfilled. I can only assume that things changed recently because more $$$ has been offered.... which all ties back into the artificial scarcity plan people insist on ignoring.

Last edited:
IT's xmas season.  A big reason for the extra stock is because of that.  Nintendo does a huge chunk of their business in the next 5 weeks.

Plus remember, as far as Falco goes, Star For Wii U was slated for release this December up until 2 months ago.  That would have only increased the amount ordered.

People think the other 700+ Pokemon is Nintendo's next path, but they have loads of other well defined characters. One of the hallmarks of Miyamoto's best efforts is the enemies aren't just nameless fodder, they actually have personality to boot.
I'd love a Goomba amiibo.

Yep I saw it. They are going to make both of them along with the Moses amiibo compatible with the long awaited NES sequel, Bible Adventures 2 for Wii U.

256px-BibleAdventuresBoxart.jpg
Was already remade on Sega Geneis, but it's time for Bible Adventures HD to go along with Bible Adventures 2! Could be Quran Adventures...

I know you are mostly a lurker and you don't keep up with amiibo news but this still made me laugh.

Only problem is that implies that the retailers haven't been ordering more since Day 1, which is pretty much false. I don't pretend to know how the store exclusive nonsense worked, but I do know Best Buy and Gamestop have been pushing and pushing for restocks on the original trinity, at the very latest since Wave 2 hit, not to mention pushing for restocks on tons of others as each wave passes.

Nintendo is the one who, until recently, chose to leave those orders unfulfilled. I can only assume that things changed recently because more $$$ has been offered.... which all ties back into the artificial scarcity plan people insist on ignoring.
I think you got the wrong person buddy... I'll always helping people on the chatline when I can, my collection is completely up to date, and I love reading the stupid arguments on here, some including you right or is it that nothing guy..i get confused

I don't know how many my store got, but when I picked up my Falco a few moments ago I went to the game section and they probably had about 10 out for the general public. 

Hoping Roy gets the same treatment over at Gamestop. He's the one I want the most.

Is it me or does it sound like some of you guys are bitching because, there's too many, Falco?
I am distraught at how messed up the marketing is for this... and all of the recent amiibo. The re-stocks should have been held for Black Friday and there was no need to make so many Falco all at once because there could have been a re-stock in a few weeks. No one is really into these any more except the hardcore fans, and that means Nintendo won't be as willing to do things in the future because the average public isn't into the amiibo as much anymore. Already we saw some clearance discounts on some of the Super Mario World series, and those weren't produced in nearly the numbers as these latest rounds.

I am distraught at how messed up the marketing is for this... and all of the recent amiibo. The re-stocks should have been held for Black Friday and there was no need to make so many Falco all at once because there could have been a re-stock in a few weeks. No one is really into these any more except the hardcore fans, and that means Nintendo won't be as willing to do things in the future because the average public isn't into the amiibo as much anymore. Already we saw some clearance discounts on some of the Super Mario World series, and those weren't produced in nearly the numbers as these latest rounds.
I am definitely not going to complain just because, when I go in to buy an Amiibo, I actually find them on the shelf, as opposed to the empty racks I used to find. I do not think it is a bad thing that the only ones buying them now are the people who actually want them, instead of those looking to flip or trade.

Last year: "Ugh this sucks, I can't find the amiibo I want on the shelf!"

This year: "Ugh this sucks, there's TOO MANY AMIIBO I want on the shelf!"

I really wanna get my Falco amiibo waiting for me this weekend, but I don't want to drive in the snow to get it.  :wall:

I miss the hunt somewhat but at this point in the game. I like no longer having to check amiami every night waiting for amiibo (Famicom ROB was funny, I thought that was going to be a nightmare). If your new I can see it being a struggle still (so much b**ching about Lucina and Robin restocks) but really really really happy Smash is starting to come to an end, big hopefully!!

Time for these to sit on the retailers' shelves for a few months until clearance just like Nintendo tried to avoid in the beginning. We went from 6-12 per store to 410 in some stores? Maybe Nintendo isn't the genius marketing company everyone thought they were. Should have started a tad higher in the beginning (30-40) and a little higher now (50-75). Say what you want but there's going to be so much excess. My Best Buy has 20+ Marth, Little Mac and like 200 Falco. They're not moving at all anymore.

Anyone else gets these pity messages on eBay?

Hi there. I am in a huge dilemma.... My 11 year old little boy is terminally ill with Duchenne muscular dystrophy and is asking Santa for this mega yarn Yoshi. Our Toys r us sold out before I could get there. You may verify our story on Facebook. Dalton Defeating Duchenne or my page is more current and public ... Stacie Al-Chokhachi.

We can not afford to pay the prices these are going for. I wish money wasn't an issue so I could give him all he desires. I am asking if you would be willing to make the price more affordable so Dalton may have it on Christmas morning. If not, it is ok. God will provide one way or another. Thank you for your time and I look forward to a response!!

In Him,
Stacie

Even if your answer is no..... Will you please let me know so I can look elsewhere. Thanks!
BLESSED! LIVE ON PURPOSE!

- 901stacie

Whether or not that person is just a collector like me or an actually terminally ill child, for you to post that you have a problem with someone wanting to purchase the Yarn Yoshi at a reasonable price while you bought it to sell on ebay is ridiculous.

You should be ashamed and embarrassed.

Its no doubt that resellers like you will be ruining someones holiday. And you're fine with that to make $20.

No I'm not making fun, I'm just asking people are these eBay pity messages ever real. I've been getting bombarded with messages (some hostile..) over these mega yarns.
Reach out to her via her Facebook page and verify it's real. If it is, personally, I would just send it no charge but I would understand selling it at cost. MD is a horrible disease to suffer through.

I find it equally offensive that people would throw around their child's illness as an excuse to not have to pay for things. I don't want to sound like a jerk but if my child was terminally ill I would have made sure I was first in line for the toy he wanted for Christmas instead of advertising it to people that I didn't care enough to do anything in my power to make it happen. Requests like these always feel disingenuous to me because if this really is the one thing he wants they could have made it happen. If I couldn't make the release date I would have called and spoke to the store manager and pleaded with him with our story. Who's not going to set aside a toy for a sick child? How much over face value are these going for? Is it so much that it's worth losing your dignity or self-respect for?

I find it equally offensive that people would throw around their child's illness as an excuse to not have to pay for things. I don't want to sound like a jerk but if my child was terminally ill I would have made sure I was first in line for the toy he wanted for Christmas instead of advertising it to people that I didn't care enough to do anything in my power to make it happen. Requests like these always feel disingenuous to me because if this really is the one thing he wants they could have made it happen. If I couldn't make the release date I would have called and spoke to the store manager and pleaded with him with our story. Who's not going to set aside a toy for a sick child? How much over face value are these going for? Is it so much that it's worth losing your dignity or self-respect for?
Really if your child was terminally ill I feel like you'd be spending all the time you can with them and not standing in line for hours away from them for a toy.. But either way it's a sad sob story meant to pull on the heartstrings.. It's just silly to then involve "the Lord" and say he will provide one if you don't.. I guess you'd be off the hook then right? Also though, assuming the story is true.. I'm guessing most money goes to medical bills or something.

The skeptic in me wonders why they think he'll deliver a toy instead of saving the kid, though. There's gotta be a point where you question that kind of stuff. Either way though, I feel like if I was sent the message I'd have to give it to them to keep my moral compass pointing in the right direction.. Even if theirs isn't..

bread's done
Back