amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you brave enough to climb Falco Mountain?
HXty3mV.jpg

There were more on the shelves :p
What the heck!? My area is dry on Falcos. I couldn't find some until after going through three Best Buys, even then that store only had a few left.

I got to my target around 11 this morning and they hadn't even pulled the Lottie's out from the back to start selling. I had to track down an employee to show her the item on my phone and give her the DPCI to look the item up. She called to the back room to have them bring them up. They were busy and understaffed, so I just left and placed an order online because it was taking them a long time to bring them up. But apparently I was the first person to ask about them today.

Something tells me these Animal Crossing amiibo aren't going to be as popular as the smash ones are....
Same with mine. Went in at 11:45 and they didn't even know there was a release today. They had 48 in the back when I asked, so I was the first sale. This is at a busy store too.

It's partially cause Lottie is from Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer, so she hasn't had an appearance in a main line game yet. If it had been Tom Nook or K.K., it would have sold a lot better.

More like only some are collecting Animal Crossing amiibo in comparison to smash
Though, I'm liking the Animal Crossing line a little more. They're just so stupid cute.
While I really like that the Smash Brothers line exists and so many characters you never thought would get a toy have one now, they just don't have anywhere near the cute factor that the Yarn Yoshis and Animal Crossing figures have.

If only we had a real animal crossing game that these amiibos could really shine on... Dont get me wrong, Festival is fun in its own way, but its by no means a game that screams "Omg collect all amiibos"

At least ten lotties as of 6PM local time. Hype train is dead unless being advertised as limited.
Inventory trackers like brickseek were showing nearly 100 per store for Lottie. Targets in my area alone had over 500 between each store. She's also part of a series that doesn't really have much amiibo functionality, and she's a new Animal Crossing character, only just premiering in that home design game.

What the heck!? My area is dry on Falcos. I couldn't find some until after going through three Best Buys, even then that store only had a few left.
One Best Buy near me had a shit ton of Falcos, and one had absolutely none, though there is a chance they had them in the back (didn't ask).

Lottie was down to 3 left at my local Target as of 6pm yesterday but again they may have had more in the back. I guess I could check Brickseek today to see the damage from yesterday to today in stock numbers.

Dont get me wrong, Festival is fun in its own way, but its by no means a game that screams "Omg collect all amiibos"
I must be getting you wrong, because I honestly can't understand how anybody would use "fun" to describe that PoS.

I'm surprised with all of his market research and general business acumen rcerboss doesn't understand the concept of "kid's game."

I'm surprised with all of his market research and general business acumen rcerboss doesn't understand the concept of "kid's game."

</sarcasm>
I didn't realize children were fond of shitty games. Because last I checked, most were capable of recognizing a turd just like anyone else.

I didn't realize children were fond of shitty games. Because last I checked, most were capable of recognizing a turd just like anyone else.
Actually, funny you should mention that. I fondly remember a lot of games from my childhood but when I've revisited them a good number of years later, a good number of them seemed to be quite shitty and didn't age well. Though that could be because of the limitations of the systems back then versus what's available now.

Actually, funny you should mention that. I fondly remember a lot of games from my childhood but when I've revisited them a good number of years later, a good number of them seemed to be quite shitty and didn't age well. Though that could be because of the limitations of the systems back then versus what's available now.
But that's different. I don't think anybody here would argue the N64 versions of Goldeneye or Perfect Dark were awful games when they came out, but they certainly haven't aged well either. And nostalgia can be a powerful thing.

None of that applies to a game that has sucked from Day 1 though. Let's be honest: If it didn't have the Nintendo name attached to it, nobody would call it anything but shovelware. And if it didn't happen to have an Animal Crossing theme, nobody here would even give it a 2nd glance.

Other news:

-Isabelle getting a separate release per CPSIA page via @amiiboalerts

-Shovel Knight release date now shows January 8th, 2016 | Best Buy

-Kohl's selling amiibo in stores for the holidays. Free $15 Kohls cash when you spend $50 (or close to it). Essentially B4G1 since you can use your Kohls cash on another amiibo if you like.

If they continue tying exclusive figures like Digby to purchasing (dogshit) games it will make for an easy stopping point for buying amiibos. 

I thought it was always known Isabelle would be sold separately. Digby is supposed to be the exclusive.
Yup, I remember that. This further solidifies that and possibly points to a release soon (January 22nd probably?)

My WiiU physical copy of Shovel Knight is ready for its amiibo!
Me too! I hope they are easy to come by.

If they continue tying exclusive figures like Digby to purchasing (dogshit) games it will make for an easy stopping point for buying amiibos.
Not me, I'm weak.

I mean, it sucks, but I got amiibo Festival for about $37 after B2G1, Wishlist app, canvas bag, and REDcard, and taxes and Target, and just traded it in to Gamestop for $16. I'm happy with that.

Just be careful - Kohl's cash expires real fast.
Usually it goes:

Earn Kohl's Cash one week

Redeem it the next

I usually have no troubles since I get emails all the time from them to remind me.

Some of these other places like Gymboree or Old Navy are like weeks away and I always forget by then. :wall:

I meant to post these pictures a week ago when I took them at Best Buy on the 17th.  I just think that it's really cool how the majority of amiibos are so easily available for regular customers now compared to where we were at the start of the year. 

IMG_2292_zpsvlpbuhav.jpg

IMG_2293_zpskbwtsbqb.jpg

Bought two packs of amiibo cards at TRU's buy one get one 40% off. Half the one pack is a duplicate of the other pack! WTF am I going to do with two Bluebear, Cobb, and Peanut cards?

I meant to post these pictures a week ago when I took them at Best Buy on the 17th. I just think that it's really cool how the majority of amiibos are so easily available for regular customers now compared to where we were at the start of the year.

IMG_2292_zpsvlpbuhav.jpg

IMG_2293_zpskbwtsbqb.jpg
True, though it does only seem to be certain stores are well stocked (Best Buy and TRU). Other retailers like Target, Wal-Mart and Gamestop are still as barren as always (though that may change after Black Friday).

True, though it does only seem to be certain stores are well stocked (Best Buy and TRU). Other retailers like Target, Wal-Mart and Gamestop are still as barren as always (though that may change after Black Friday).
There's still a problem. For people just getting into them, most of the original SSB roster have become the new unicorns. Not to mention those like Pit, Lucina, and WFT that haven't seen a proper restock yet.

As somebody who's been at it from Day 1 though I'm FINALLY happy. Assuming I can get the DLC characters with no issue I'm just missing the FE characters.... if they restock with Fates I'll be set.

Then go buy the Samus types on Ebay for $30 each.  Imports cost half of that on Amazon.  Anyone who has put in a little effort during most of 2015 could have easily completed a set.

There's always problems for people who always have problems. 

I wonder if Toys R Us will get the mii trio or mega yoshi back in for Black Friday.

I'm all caught up again except for those two.

Mega Yarn Yoshi was advertised as a limited release so we'll see if there's ever a restock.
On the nintendo amiibo site it says it was exclusively there 'at launch', so if it's anything like the other launch exclusives it will probably pop up in other stores eventually.

Usually. This can be gotten around quite easily by using alternate emails and credit cards. I almost always order two (or more) from Walmart through multiple accounts that each use a different card.
Watch out for amiibo online purchase. Do not buy 2 at the same time! Some idiot worker will jam 2 amiibos in 1 small box. It happens to me 2x. I will do 2 seperate orders.

Whether or not that person is just a collector like me or an actually terminally ill child, for you to post that you have a problem with someone wanting to purchase the Yarn Yoshi at a reasonable price while you bought it to sell on ebay is ridiculous.

You should be ashamed and embarrassed.

Its no doubt that resellers like you will be ruining someones holiday. And you're fine with that to make $20.
Oh go fuck yourself you SJW clown. Trying to give me your liberal shaming bs. "You should be ashamed and embarrassed." I can't stand this PC/SJW shaming tactics you idiots love to use. SJWs want to act so holy when they push gentrification where they are pushing out minorities left and right and they call the police on their neighbors to make them uncomfortable. All while pushing that racist street harassment bs.

SJWs from Neogaf post on here? Where is Evilore when you need him. I loved it when he smacked down that SJW kittensdx because that clown tried to shame him because he had the "audacity" to say the Ahmed kid's clock scam was a setup. Lo and behold a few months later he is suing for 15 million! I'm pretty sure Evilore can't stand SJWs lmao.

bread's done
Back