amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
well tonight at opening, thanksgiving day. Mot stores are opening at noon but the ads dont start till in think 6pm. Best bet is get there at 5:00 so you ahve time to find parking and get in the store. Get near electronics area and just get it at 6pm..buy and get out of there before the chaos starts.
No, if you're talking WM, go earlier in the day, as a majority of sale prices will already be in effect. The BF merchandise (that which is not normally on the shelf, which will include MM at most stores) will most likely be in a completely different area from where it normally is, and inaccessible, due to tape and/or employees standing guard, until the stroke of 6. At the one near me the area they use for this is typically in the Market section.

Went to Walmart tonight and they had a bunch of Modern Mario available.

I highly advise you guys who ordered online to check in store though if possible...my store had a bunch with imperfections on the face or body.

Went to Walmart tonight and they had a bunch of Modern Mario available.

I highly advise you guys who ordered online to check in store though if possible...my store had a bunch with imperfections on the face or body.
That's very strange as the classic 8-bit Mario I came across were all perfect, and I'm that kind of guy who will look through every copy of an amiibo the store has looking for imperfections, and will walk away empty handed if the paint jobs aren't perfect. How could this be any different when it's literally the same mold? I felt safe ordering online, but I guess I will check in store tomorrow

I saw at toys r us villager, lucario, captain falco, and the splatoon 3 pack, any of those hard to get? Was going to pick some up because its buy one get one 40% off.

That's very strange as the classic 8-bit Mario I came across were all perfect, and I'm that kind of guy who will look through every copy of an amiibo the store has looking for imperfections, and will walk away empty handed if the paint jobs aren't perfect. How could this be any different when it's literally the same mold? I felt safe ordering online, but I guess I will check in store tomorrow
Maybe my store just got a bad batch but it seemed like there were a decent amount of ones where the paint jobs were not good at all.

No, if you're talking WM, go earlier in the day, as a majority of sale prices will already be in effect. The BF merchandise (that which is not normally on the shelf, which will include MM at most stores) will most likely be in a completely different area from where it normally is, and inaccessible, due to tape and/or employees standing guard, until the stroke of 6. At the one near me the area they use for this is typically in the Market section.
Mine had them in electronics behind the service desk, my walmart doesnt even have a market that is a seprate place thats the next town over called walmart market. We wanted a market here attached to the store but the building next store is a supermarket so they wouldnt allow it etc..same with the rest of the walamrts around here except valley stream which had no market there or it went out of business i forget which.

Finally got Ike. I overslept because I was planning on going to GameStop at 5, but I didn't get there until 6. They had about 15 Ike available. Also picked up Helldivers/Battlefield 4 (sealed). Awesome day so far!

Waited in line at 4:30 am for Ike, was about 25th in line. Grabbed one of the last 4 Ikes (all the boxes were damaged). It was about 5:45 when I left and went to another Gamestop and they hadn't even sold a single Ike yet. I was able to pick out a second better Ike as no one was there. Planning on returning or keeping the first Ike I bought.

If your Gamestop is sold out of Ikes, check another one. It seems like it depends on the specific location as far as the demand goes.

Got Ike and Shulk at Gamestop.  Got Modern Mario at Walmart.  Surprised to still see so many Modern Marios. Then again, the Walmart employees stocked them with the Disney Infinity figures, away from the Amiibo pegs. Probably extras at the beginning of the sale nobody seemed to notice. lol

Went in well past 10 and found a whole bunch of Falcon, Fox, Little Mac, Shulk, Lucario, Greninja, and Ike still sitting in the display. Picked up an Ike since i got most of the others from BBY. And with that, barring a Lucina restock or a lucky roll on a Gamestop B2G3 online (which I thought they advertised for Black Friday, but nope), I am out of the hunt.

Maybe my store just got a bad batch but it seemed like there were a decent amount of ones where the paint jobs were not good at all.
Well it turns out you were right...went to two different Walmarts...the printing on all of the Modern Mario amiibo was poor. I'll wait on the one I have coming in the mail and pray that one's good, though the odds are against it. I have to wonder if the amiibo from the bundle were like that as well.

Well it turns out you were right...went to two different Walmarts...the printing on all of the Modern Mario amiibo was poor. I'll wait on the one I have coming in the mail and pray that one's good, though the odds are against it. I have to wonder if the amiibo from the bundle were like that as well.
Yeah, its a real bummer. I have 2 coming in the mail as well (wasnt sure what stock would be like in store) so gonna return whatever looks worse.

I got both an extra modern mario and classic (I have one modern on the way that I got online the other night, unless it cancels on me for some reason). If someone wants either for cost/shipping and I'll throw in a mario anniversary poster, let me know. If not it is going back. I picked the best of the 2 I found left at a walmart and it might have some imperfections on the cardboard.

Might have been mentioned somewhere in this long topic but the Amiibo figures are $9.99 at Kohls. My store only had the Super Mario Bros series left though when I was there today.

Might have been mentioned somewhere in this long topic but the Amiibo figures are $9.99 at Kohls. My store only had the Super Mario Bros series left though when I was there today.
Oh wow really? Because they have yarn Yoshis too and they were priced $12.99 before, I will wonder if they're $9.99 now too.

Oh wow really? Because they have yarn Yoshis too and they were priced $12.99 before, I will wonder if they're $9.99 now too.
They are but it seems like scalpers cleaned them all out. Went to two of them yesterday looking to find one. They're all mostly cleaned out in my area.

Are most of these figures still hard to find or has nintendo actually produced enough? I was thinking of buying a wii u for my daughter because she likes the amiibos but I honestly have zero interest in having to hunt these down or pay scalpers

Are most of these figures still hard to find or has nintendo actually produced enough? I was thinking of buying a wii u for my daughter because she likes the amiibos but I honestly have zero interest in having to hunt these down or pay scalpers
yes everything as of late has had plenty of stock, except mega Yoshi. we are seeing a lot of restocks on the older ones that were hard to find, about the only ones that haven't had a real restock are robin, Lucina, king dedede, meta knight, and maybe a couple others. though some of the early ones like Kirby and Samus which weren't hard to find have disappeared from shelves haven't seen a restock and who knows if they will. do you know which ones your daughter wants?

Per the Toys R Us Ad this week, save $10 when you purchase $35+ in toys to life or video game accessories. Guess if you are looking for a Mii Fighter 3 pack you'd need a 1 cent filler.

There seems to be waves of shortages now for the Smash Bros series... as in newer stuff is easier to find while older stuff dissappeared but are coming back. It's been easier to get new release figures (with the exception being Mega Yoshi, which seemed to be shorted deliberately) but many of the store exclusives and "unicorns" have been reproduced and distributed on a massive scale, to the point where even eBay prices are pretty reasonable. But now, some of the commons are hard to find, like Samus and Link (though I believe Link received a recent shipment). I've seen tons of Marths, Shulks, Lucarios, and even saw a spare Cap Falcon at TRU recently but no Mario, Yoshi, Peach (except from the SM line).

I'd argue that if you did want to jump into it, I'd argue that now is probably the best time to get into it if you're patient. When these first launched, they weren't as popular (less competition) but Nintendo also seemed very non-committal to reproductions. When they eventually did announce a Marth reprint, it after like 3-4 months and then another 3-4 months before a very minor restock happened but the recent restock was huge.

The SM and Animal Crossing lines are fairly easy to find. Yoshi ones are fairly uncommon and the pink/blue ones are fairly rare and Splatoon seems to be somewhat rare, at least in my area. I don't hunt in store but I go an look every now and then when I'm at TRU, Target or BBY and I have never seen any on store pegs yet to date.

Even if you don't find one in store, eBay prices aren't that bad... I did buy my first non-retail Amiibo on eBay for $19 (Ness).

I wish the pink and blue yoshis would restock at BB. I am too cheap to pay full price.
Check Kohls. They have a Nintendo shipper with amiibo and has 2x blue and pink yarn yoshis. They scanned $9.99 over the weekend but are $12.99 now if you can still find them

Yea the yarn yoshis were slightly more at $16.99. If you saw them cheaper then u found some kind of sale or mislabeling.
At Kohls they were priced wrong in the system.

They had all the amiibo priced at $12.99 and were on sale for $9.99 and didn't differentiate so the yoshis scanned at that price too

Wish I would of thought about waiting but I was in Louisville KY. Was it that much at target? I bought it last weekend a week ago.

OK, thanks for the Kohl's update.

You know the amiibo craze is on life support when Toys R Us has the same dump bin of amiibo as Best Buy. So sad how this was handled at the end...

Per the Toys R Us Ad this week, save $10 when you purchase $35+ in toys to life or video game accessories. Guess if you are looking for a Mii Fighter 3 pack you'd need a 1 cent filler.
Ok, Mii Fighter 3 pack is $35.99 MSRP actually, so the $10 would come off without a filler.

Ok, Mii Fighter 3 pack is $35.99 MSRP actually, so the $10 would come off without a filler.
Actually I was just about to point this out. TRU sells the 3 packs for $35.99 so the TRU Tax is actually beneficial for once lol. Also, Mega Yarn Yoshi would be $29.99 but I doubt any stores have it in stock anymore.

bread's done
Back