amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Gamestop let me down on Ike but at least it was online.... assuming they fulfill that order.

Just need Robin and Lucina now.  Can't believe how far we've come, this is great.

B2G3 is still up at Gamestop if anyone hasn't been in on it yet. Was able to buy 3 Amiibos and 2 Infinity figures as placeholders, just went to another Gamestop and switched out the Infinity figures for Amiibo. 

Originally I wasn't going to collect the SMB series, but this was a pretty good deal. Was able to get 5 out of the 6 for $24.xx. 

Also, The Amiibo end level display is on sale at Amazon For $19.99. I plan on picking it up to display my new SMB amiibos.

http://www.amazon.com/POWER-amiibo-Level-Display-nintendo-3ds/dp/B00XJ5EOWI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1448900132&sr=8-1&keywords=amiibo+display

Mewtwo and Inkling girl showing up in the lightning deals on Amazon in 20 minutes.

Some people on Reddit are reporting a $20 off $40 amiibo deal that has been going on at TRU lately, possibly a result of a combination of multiple promotions.  Apparently Mega Yarn Yoshi is ringing up at $19.99 with the promotion.  Don't have any details on it as I haven't tried it myself.

Some people on Reddit are reporting a $20 off $40 amiibo deal that has been going on at TRU lately, possibly a result of a combination of multiple promotions. Apparently Mega Yarn Yoshi is ringing up at $19.99 with the promotion. Don't have any details on it as I haven't tried it myself.
There's a $20 off $40 deal for Skylanders. I've seen others say they got the $20 off by having a combination of Skylanders and amiibo in one purchase over $40, even if their Skylanders portion didn't add up to over $40. Either these people on reddit bought a Skylander or TRU is recognizing Mega Yarn as a Skylander too.

There's a $20 off $40 deal for Skylanders. I've seen others say they got the $20 off by having a combination of Skylanders and amiibo in one purchase over $40, even if their Skylanders portion didn't add up to over $40. Either these people on reddit bought a Skylander or TRU is recognizing Mega Yarn as a Skylander too.
Yeah I'm wondering if the $20 off $40 is for all Toys to Life, not just for Skylanders. Apparently Disney Infinity is allowing the discount too. I'm not able to test his theory though as I won't be able to get to TRU for at least another day. I wouldn't mind picking up a bunch of Animal Crossing amiibo card packs if they are getting the discount too.

Yeah I'm wondering if the $20 off $40 is for all Toys to Life, not just for Skylanders. Apparently Disney Infinity is allowing the discount too. I'm not able to test his theory though as I won't be able to get to TRU for at least another day. I wouldn't mind picking up a bunch of Animal Crossing amiibo card packs if they are getting the discount too.
Interesting. You could get 7 packs for $22 or $3.14/pack if this is true.

With the current $10 offer you can get 6 packs for $26 which isn't bad wither. $4.33/pack.

It's supposed to be Skylanders only, but it wouldn't surprise me if it's glitched, and works with any order that has at least one Skylander in it.

Was the chibi robo game fun and worth paying the price for it?

Also litepink of course giving awesome info, kohls indeed have yarn yoshi amiibi for 12.99. Saw a pink one today, so if people are looking that is better price even with GCU.

Was the chibi robo game fun and worth paying the price for it?

Also litepink of course giving awesome info, kohls indeed have yarn yoshi amiibi for 12.99. Saw a pink one today, so if people are looking that is better price even with GCU.
Thanks! :wave:

It's not extraordinary, but it isn't bad that's for sure. I liked utilizing the amiibo features and leveling up my little Chibi so that I could use Super Chibi Robo more times in a day.

Worth $25 with amiibo if you plan on getting the amiibo anyways. Same goes for the GCU price of $32. $40 would be a bit much though.

Went to TRU to find Mega Yoshi. Asked the worker if he has any. He said, "someone bought the last one. To be honest with you, I got it. Sorry". What a d*ck.

and people wonder why workers lie to them instead of telling the truth
I'd rather be lied to than told something stupid like that.

Reminds me of the employees in the electronic section at the Target's in my old town. After months of absolutely terrible clearance showings I finally found a good deal, and when I get to the register the guy says "Wow you are lucky to get that, me and my friends have been pretty good at catching all this stuff early to put in the backroom"

I'd rather be lied to than told something stupid like that.

Reminds me of the employees in the electronic section at the Target's in my old town. After months of absolutely terrible clearance showings I finally found a good deal, and when I get to the register the guy says "Wow you are lucky to get that, me and my friends have been pretty good at catching all this stuff early to put in the backroom"
You would have preferred to not know and continue missing out on clearance items at that store? I don't get it.

After he said that you could start shopping at another Target. Or complain to his managers in order to change things around there, if you so wanted.

You would have preferred to not know and continue missing out on clearance items at that store? I don't get it.

After he said that you could start shopping at another Target. Or complain to his managers in order to change things around there, if you so wanted.
Have preferred not to know some guys hoarding and selling them on Ebay/Craigslist was the reason why the store stopped having good deals.

I'm assuming someone else must have beat me to it (Or they did something stupid), because I didn't see them there any more after that

Went to TRU to find Mega Yoshi. Asked the worker if he has any. He said, "someone bought the last one. To be honest with you, I got it. Sorry". What a d*ck.
Heaven forbid someone else other than you buy it. Employee or not workers are entitled to buy the same things as everyone. Now hey, if he intentionally hid it or just kept it in the back then yeah, dick move, but assuming it was out there in the open and he got it on his break/lunch,whatever then fair game. Not saying this to you specifically but as someone whose mother has worked in retail for over 15 years now it irritates the hell out of me when people stomp in there thinking they are above the employees. This goes for any business front, not exclusively retail, but it seems like it's the one which attracts the biggest snobs and brats.

I don't even see anything wrong with keeping one in the back to buy after your shift is over. It'd just be a perk of working a low paying job and having to deal with idiots all day long... It's really not a big deal unless workers are hoarding multiples to try and make a profit. If I worked at GS, TRU, or wherever I would totally set one of X item aside for myself to buy... I'm also guessing most of us would in that situation.

Crying about it because you didn't get the chance to buy it is just silly.

I don't even see anything wrong with keeping one in the back to buy after your shift is over. It'd just be a perk of working a low paying job and having to deal with all day long.
Precisely. It is one of the perks of working there. People often take jobs at places where they're interested in the products, and that's a good thing.

I don't even see anything wrong with keeping one in the back to buy after your shift is over. It'd just be a perk of working a low paying job and having to deal with all day long... It's really not a big deal unless workers are hoarding multiples to try and make a profit. If I worked at GS, TRU, or wherever I would totally set one of X item aside for myself to buy... I'm also guessing most of us would in that situation.

Crying about it because you didn't get the chance to buy it is just silly.
Working retail is supposed to suck. That's what pushes people to do better, and partly why all this "$13 an hour for retail/fast food employees!!!!!" bullshit is laughably stupid (even if the insane hoarding of wealth by the top 400 is just as bad).

All that aside, you shouldn't get "perks" that inhibit your customers.... if I found out one of my employees was pulling something like that at the expense of the customer their ass would be out the door before they could even start to beg forgiveness.

And you can't say it's ok to store one in the back and yet it's not ok to store multiples in the back.... that's a pretty big double standard.

Putting it on the shelf at opening then going to buy it yourself AFTER YOUR SHIFT IS OVER is one thing.... I wouldn't mind that. Hiding it until you can buy it should be a fire-able offense.

Last edited:
Working retail is supposed to suck. That's what pushes people to do better, and partly why all this "$13 an hour for retail/fast food employees!!!!!" bullshit is laughably stupid (even if the insane hoarding of wealth by the top 400 is just as bad).

All that aside, you shouldn't get "perks" that inhibit your customers.... if I found out one of my employees was pulling something like that at the expense of the customer their ass would be out the door before they could even start to beg forgiveness.

And you can't say it's ok to store one in the back and yet it's not ok to store multiples in the back.... that's a pretty big double standard.

Putting it on the shelf at opening then going to buy it yourself AFTER YOUR SHIFT IS OVER is one thing.... I wouldn't mind that. Hiding it until you can buy it should be a fire-able offense.
Everything you just posted here is stupid, and wrong.

You are a terrible person.

You are a terrible person.
Because I believe in paying a person what they earn instead of handing them a living for free? Or because I don't think employee discounts are enough of a perk? Or because I believe a worker should, while they are on duty, put a customer's needs before their own?

Please, enlighten me on what a terrible person I am.

Not that you care and not that you asked, but I have always paid my workers pretty damn generously. Not just out of the goodness of my heart, but because a free market dictates that if I don't take care of them, somebody else will, then I'll be left with the bottom of the barrel. So I would never stand for them abusing the system like Navex's guy may or may not have. If your store discount isn't enough of a perk, quit and find another job.

When you start letting your employees walk all over your business and putting themselves ahead of the customer though, that's not good for anybody. I've learned that the hard way, and anybody with a lick of sense should see that.

Last edited:
Because you get off by making obscenely bigoted troll bait posts in the amiibo thread.
Ah yes, contributing to a conversation is what makes me an awful person. How dare I think I should be allowed to respond to an existing discussion!

Last edited:
The employee buying an item before a customer had a chance to? There's nothing wrong with that. As some have already pointed out, it's a slight advantage of being employeed at a retail establishment. One of the very, very few advantages that retail employees have in this day and age. They have exposure to these items before any customers, and purchasing one for themselves is not something that warrents criticism or discipline of any kind.

Now, actively buying multiple copies of an item, with the express intention of reselling them, that's a different matter. At that point, the employee in question is engaging in direct competition with his/her own employer, and that's not okay. A scenario like that, where an employee is actively withholding deals from customers in order to personally profit from them later, is something that retailers have to watch out for and stop. Any manager worth their wage is going to be on the look-out for such practices.

In the scenario originally described, the retail employee should probably not have mentioned that they bought the last unit. While there is nothing particularly wrong with what they did, they shared a little too much information with the customer. Simply letting them know that the item was out of stock, and sympathizing with their plight would have been more than enough. That would have been the diplomatic approach. It's not a matter of right or wrong, but simply a matter of tact.

Pot calling the kettle black much?

Never understood the saying, like pots and kettles can be multiple range of colors, wouldnt like "grass calling the tree green" make more sense?

There are a lot of those sayings that are confusing, like there is one about making a mountain out of a mole hill, like isnt that all based on perspective? Like it would be a mountain to ants and like giants see mountains as like hills.

The giant in jack in the beanstalk did he have parents or like a family? Did he have a cat because he always seemed like a cat giant to me.

Arent lions like giant cats, I know they call them big cats but like in the animal kingdom are they like equivalent to giants to other cats?

I wonder if the animal kingdom is really a monoarchy, we just assumed they they have kings and queens, maybe they have a different establishment of goverment?

Finally made it out to a Target post Black Friday:  just tons and tons of Dr. Mario and Lottie.  I wonder if Target is going to bother with an exclusive next time (or has that already been revealed?)

Finally made it out to a Target post Black Friday: just tons and tons of Dr. Mario and Lottie. I wonder if Target is going to bother with an exclusive next time (or has that already been revealed?)
Timmy and Tommy Nook will be exclusive. They probably already made a huge order too like with Lottie and Dr. Mario.

I'm guessing Dr. Mario sold just fine. They just had plenty to meet demands. Lottie, unfortunately, I have a feeling didn't get close to meeting demands. I was the first person at a very busy Target to ask about it 3.5 hours after opening. That's just sad. Poor Lottie.

Timmy and Tommy should sell much better than Lottie though.

bread's done
Back