amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know what Walmart does if you never pickup an online order for instore pickup?

I bought modern Mario for $14. Then by time that order was ready to get picked up they had him for $10 with free shipping, so I pulled the trigger again.

Obviously, I don't want the original order anymore.
Oh god dammit. I just went to pick up my Modern Mario Amiibo preorder that finally arrived at the Neighborhood Walmart a few weeks ago. I was supposed to get it by the 14th but couldn't get down there yet they still had it there today (the 21st). Since when the fuck does Walmart have free shipping on anything? Now I have to order another and return this one ;).

I also went in to a normal Walmart to pick up a Light effect Luke DI character (no free shipping was offered on that) and once again their actual Amiibo section was a wasteland. I've never seen anything good actually in their stores dating back to when I used to chase down Skylanders.

Edit: Never mind, there is no free shipping. They want to charge me $4.97 like with everything else I try to order from them. I'll could order another for pickup and return this one at the same time but I'm not sure that is worth the hassle just to save $3 (my original order was just $12.96)...

In any case Walmart can bite my shiny metal ass. I hate that they get exclusives for this stuff since their stores are crap, their prices are crap, their sales are crap, their "clearance" is utter crap, and their no free shipping is crap. OK, I'm just a little salty. I had a typical slow-ass incompetent Walmart experience with my Luke store pickup tonight. At least this store wasn't the hideous post-apocalyptic wasteland that most of their stores are (since it is brand new). The only worst place for exclusives is TRU since they charge more for everything (and also rarely, if ever, have free shipping). But I get that a Toy-exclusive kind of place would get those sorts of deals. Walmart just sucks across the board.

Walmarts store pickup function is awful. A few weeks ago I ordered a Luke FX figure, watched a 40 minute show, went to Target to pick up a Just Cause 3 Steelbook, then walked into the store and grabbed the figure myself and was on my way home from the next stop before I got the email that my order was ready. An hour and 45 minutes before it was ready and I couldn't even cancel it when I got home. I remember when Circuit City would give you a gift card if your pickup wasn't ready in 24 minutes.

Walmarts store pickup function is awful. A few weeks ago I ordered a Luke FX figure, watched a 40 minute show, went to Target to pick up a Just Cause 3 Steelbook, then walked into the store and grabbed the figure myself and was on my way home from the next stop before I got the email that my order was ready. An hour and 45 minutes before it was ready and I couldn't even cancel it when I got home. I remember when Circuit City would give you a gift card if your pickup wasn't ready in 24 minutes.
Maybe thats why they went out of business?

Famicom ROB arrived from Amazon Warehouse, still sealed and looks great.  Why was this sold on the warehouse, is it because they can't sell it through the standard means?

Lucina is the last one I need, then my collection will be completely up to date.  

Last edited:
Was at Meijer trying to take advantage of the Destiny deal, found a slightly damaged Sonic for $6.5

Considering it's apparently not easy to find, I'll take it  :whistle2:

I'm gonna return the AC amiibos I picked up at launch back to BBY. They're getting close to clearance prices on AMZ and I just... had no interest in AC to begin with. No reason to horde these things, especially since there's no use for them in games. If Amiibo Festival is any indication... I don't even want them to make games that specifically take advantage of amiibos :'(

I will be happy once I round out the SSB line with Cloud. Maybe they'll give us a break after that >.>

That feel when AC festival is tanking so fast in price it makes the amiibo basically MSRP.

Probably will bite once it hits sub 30. Especially since I still have that 5$ credit they gave out

I bought Amiibo Festival when it hit $36... Figured even if I hated the game in the end it would only be costing me $10 since it comes with the two amiibo.

I know the game has been flamed by critics and other people, but I don't get it. The wife and I played couple of rounds over the long weekend and enjoyed it. I'm not sure what people were expecting, it's a board game with an AC theme. *shrugs*

An average score of 43 (Metacritic) would normally imply to me that a game is either broken or has major outstanding flaws. I didn't notice either. It's supposed to be a family party game, not a full-blown AC experience... It's a solid 6.5 - 7 to me.

I have been collecting amiibo banking on the idea that down the line their functionality would mean something to me... The AC ones don't have that appeal since I'm not a fan of the series and any game they could release that supports the amiibo still wouldn't justify the cost.

If they keep releasing physical amiibos in the AC line it'll get to the point where I don't even know who that townsperson is... So I stopped. It's amazing my hording complex hasn't made me buy any amiibo cards, but I'm thankful for that too.

I don't know why they don't just do a true Animal Crossing on Wii U. I'd even settle for a remake of New Leaf with better graphics and little enhancements here and there (like being able to play as your Miis, and maybe have some live there among the animals.

At this point they're probably saving a real AC game for the NX. I'm not a fan, but I think most people prefer playing AC in portable form in spurts on the go anyway... right?

At this point they're probably saving a real AC game for the NX. I'm not a fan, but I think most people prefer playing AC in portable form in spurts on the go anyway... right?
I was thinking about this the other day and came to the same realization, AC is the perfect portable title.

I think Nintendo has realized this and that's why we haven't seen a console entry in a while. I'm sure they'll still make them, but they don't need to rush them out every generation since the series can remain viable on portable consoles.

On a non-amiibo note,

I decided to the pick up the Majora's Mask New 3DS cover plate and it looks great. I wasn't sure at first, but seeing them in hand and on the system makes this a worthwhile buy. They should have announced the new 3DS with this cover plate here in the states when they announced the game earlier in the year instead of the gold New 3DS XL. If anyone is debating about picking up this cover plate, do it. Well worth the money and look.

new-nintendo-3ds-cover-plates-no-056-the-legend-of-zelda-majoras-396483.2.jpg

On a non-amiibo note,

I decided to the pick up the Majora's Mask New 3DS cover plate and it looks great. I wasn't sure at first, but seeing them in hand and on the system makes this a worthwhile buy. They should have announced the new 3DS with this cover plate here in the states when they announced the game earlier in the year instead of the gold New 3DS XL. If anyone is debating about picking up this cover plate, do it. Well worth the money and look.

god no. I mean I'm glad you are happy with what you got but the gold N3DSXL looks a million times better to me. Had they released this instead of that I'd still be playing with my launch 3DS lol.

I have been collecting amiibo banking on the idea that down the line their functionality would mean something to me... The AC ones don't have that appeal since I'm not a fan of the series and any game they could release that supports the amiibo still wouldn't justify the cost.

If they keep releasing physical amiibos in the AC line it'll get to the point where I don't even know who that townsperson is... So I stopped. It's amazing my hording complex hasn't made me buy any amiibo cards, but I'm thankful for that too.
I don't get this. Why would anybody start a collection based on vague promises of "content" that may or may not ever be fulfilled? Are you new to Nintendo? They have a long history of abandoning virtually all add ons very quickly (e-reader, GBA/GC link cables, WiiSpeak, ect).... correct me if I'm wrong but amiibos have already outperformed all of that in terms of in-game use so it's more than I was expecting.

I'm not sure what you were expecting, but if you ask my SSB is the only one that's gotten it even halfway right. I wouldn't even have bought for that though, I just liked the idea of having yarn yoshis and collectable SSB trophies.

Last edited:
I bought Amiibo Festival when it hit $36... Figured even if I hated the game in the end it would only be costing me $10 since it comes with the two amiibo.

I know the game has been flamed by critics and other people, but I don't get it. The wife and I played couple of rounds over the long weekend and enjoyed it. I'm not sure what people were expecting, it's a board game with an AC theme. *shrugs*

An average score of 43 (Metacritic) would normally imply to me that a game is either broken or has major outstanding flaws. I didn't notice either. It's supposed to be a family party game, not a full-blown AC experience... It's a solid 6.5 - 7 to me.
Well the board game itself.. is rather meh. I mean you are FORCED to huddle around the gamepad for amiibos, Easier for 1 player just to move for everyone. That right there sucks.

However the mini games. The escape mode. Thats where the game shouldve kept its focus as that part is fun. =D

On a non-amiibo note,

I love the N3DS myself as well. I have imported probably 20 plates so far lol.

My favorites would either have to be the see through Pokemon ORAS ones, the Fire Emblem Fates one (Which I havent taken off yet and gets tons of comments from people), or the new Mario Hanafuda ones from Japan.

Well the board game itself.. is rather meh. I mean you are FORCED to huddle around the gamepad for amiibos, Easier for 1 player just to move for everyone. That right there sucks.

However the mini games. The escape mode. Thats where the game shouldve kept its focus as that part is fun. =D
I can see where that would be more cumbersome when there are more players... However it was just me and my wife so the gamepad sat on the coffee table right in front of us, didn't cause any issues. Haven't even tried the mini-games yet.

I still stand by my statement though, the game is totally not a 43.

On a non-amiibo note,

I have the gold N3DSXL, but I'm indifferent to it. I do have to say though that I'm not a fan of busy designs like that with all of those colors... I have to imagine it looks a little tacky and gives a 3DS that "toy" look when it's installed.

I can see where that would be more cumbersome when there are more players... However it was just me and my wife so the gamepad sat on the coffee table right in front of us, didn't cause any issues. Haven't even tried the mini-games yet.

I agree, its not a 43. But yea, you really need to unlock the island escape mode. Least that one, depending which AC Cards you use. Each character has a diff skill and perk. Making each map different and fun to try to beat!

I agree, its not a 43. But yea, you really need to unlock the island escape mode. Least that one, depending which AC Cards you use. Each character has a diff skill and perk. Making each map different and fun to try to beat!
Thanks! I'll have to check that out over the long weekend.

I know it's off topic but since people were talking about cases, for the covers for the New Nintendo 3DS LL/XL what's the difference between TPU and PC? I'm looking at a Dragon Quest VIII TPU cover with all the slimes and a DQVIII  PC cover that only has one slime. I like both designs but if TPU is better (or vice versa) I'd prefer to go with the best case.

Edit: N/M should have kept searching on Google. I found out the TPU would be better for what I'm looking for. It's more scratch resistant without adding a lot more size.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/blog/34651/the-quest-for-the-perfect-3ds-xl-case

Bought AC:AF for my kids for Christmas this year, knowing full well of its shortcomings beforehand, but given the target audience I went ahead with it regardless. Both of them love playing it (3 and 6), and the only real complaint I do have is the gamepad tossing with four players, but they both liked tapping dem amiibos.

I knew my wife would at least partially get into it since she is an AC fan herself, though somewhat surprisingly we've been playing the main board game even without the kids. With the gamepad issue nonexistant with only two players, my main gripe is put aside, plus there is a bit more strategy to the game once you unlock the ability to use the amiibo cards to roll for your main character (increasing the likelihood of certain dice rolls). It puts the game more in your control, even if artificially so.

As noted the Desert Island Escape game is awesome if you have a bevy of cards, plus my wife really gets into customizing the main board, all and all I'd rate it at least a 6/10 if you have kids / spouse to play with.

A lot of the N3DS plates (including the one mentioned) look great, but I'm not willing to go down to a smaller screen for them. If only they did that for the XL version too =/

I just wanna know when an all-black N3DS model gets released. I'm all about the black for pairing with the interchangeable plates. The white is cool too, but it scratches too easily and wouldn't contrast as well with the plates I like.

I love the N3DS myself as well. I have imported probably 20 plates so far lol.

My favorites would either have to be the see through Pokemon ORAS ones, the Fire Emblem Fates one (Which I havent taken off yet and gets tons of comments from people), or the new Mario Hanafuda ones from Japan.
I've only bought two, this one and the K.K. Slider one. Had the K.K. one on since the system came out and only decided to get the Majora's one yesterday. Amazon same-day delivery really sold it for me. Stupid, but putting on new cover plates makes you feel like you just got a new system. I was going to get the other Legend Of Zelda cover plate, but my manager has that one and I just didn't like it. Maybe because the look contrasted poorly with the white system, but it looked off in hand. If they sold an Earthbound one, it would be an insta-cop for me. Definitely a missed opportunity by not selling cover plates at most stores.

I haven't kept up with this thread in a bit, considering I'm not collecting the AC amiibos. Has there been any word on Roy or Ryu?

I haven't kept up with this thread in a bit, considering I'm not collecting the AC amiibos. Has there been any word on Roy or Ryu?
Both are releasing on 3/18 I believe. All signs point to Roy being a Gamestop exclusive, but no "official" word on it yet. Ryu seems to have no exclusivity as of yet.

I preordered all five, thanks!

Mega Man Legacy with gold amiibo is available for shipping too.

https://twitter.com/AmiiboNews/status/682239963832922113 

Not really the place, but figure it would do some good here.

Bestbuy is sending out promo codes for those Mario Maker pins for the people who pre-ordered 2 eligible titles. The pin set is 75 dollars, but the code obviously makes it free for you. Seems like I'll be getting my set on Jan. 6th. Just a friendly post to keep an eye out in your email if you took advantage of that promotion.

Bestbuy is sending out promo codes for those Mario Maker pins for the people who pre-ordered 2 eligible titles. The pin set is 75 dollars, but the code obviously makes it free for you. Seems like I'll be getting my set on Jan. 6th. Just a friendly post to keep an eye out in your email if you took advantage of that promotion.
Were one of your preorders Star Fox? I guess codes are rolling out but I was one of the ones who had Star Fox as one of my preorders. They say I still qualify but I'm still nervous.

Just got my email for it. Placed the "order" for it. Curious how big they will be for a $75 value.

Also placed my order for all 5 amiibo that were just put up. At least the hit on the wallet isn't that big ...

I just got my email right after reading this... And I cancelled my original order that was made during the promotion... Thanks Hubert!

bread's done
Back