amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
amiibo Festival down to $30.80 as of this post: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00ZSHRPN0/

If you purchased this on day one from Best Buy you are eligible for a one time price match/adjustment still under their holiday return policy.
you have a link to that actually says that? im looking at their holiday return policy page, but dont see anything about that

EDIT: nvm, i was able to get a price match in after talking to them on the phone. thanks for the tip!

Does that work even if you don't have the original packaging?
In my experience, no. It also doesn't work if it's opened.

What you can do is buy a 2nd copy and return it using the first receipt. That has always worked for me to get around Best Buy's ineptitude.

Does that work even if you don't have the original packaging?
Always works for me. I just bring in the receipt (or have them look it up, preferably by date) and let them know I have a one time price adjustment to make and have had no issues. I do it regularly, which helps, so my local store knows how to do it and what policy is. If you purchased online then call 888-BEST-BUY.

If for some reason you are denied a match, buy a second copy by price matching the Amazon price at the point of sale and then return your 2nd copy of the game with your 1st receipt.

Best Buy is the same price as when I bought it, but you're telling me I can request an adjustment if a competitor lowered their price?
The way policy reads is that you can do it once during the return period, and the return period is longer for the holidays. Competitors count too for price matching, and in a way is easier because you don't need to explain Gamers Club to the employee or phone rep.

Gamestop is still running the buy 2 get 3 free on pre owned games to life figures until 1/10/16.  The hard part is finding a store with enough amiibos in stock you want. I was able to find one with 4 of the mario party amiibos I was missing and a luigi smash amiibo.  They also had captain falcon and fox preowned but I already had them.  There seem to be a lot of preowned splatoon amiibos  at most of the stores I visit but they do not appear on the website.  A great deal if you don't mind amiibos without the box

Gamestop is still running the buy 2 get 3 free on pre owned games to life figures until 1/10/16. The hard part is finding a store with enough amiibos in stock you want. I was able to find one with 4 of the mario party amiibos I was missing and a luigi smash amiibo. They also had captain falcon and fox preowned but I already had them. There seem to be a lot of preowned splatoon amiibos at most of the stores I visit but they do not appear on the website. A great deal if you don't mind amiibos without the box
Mine usually only has Smash Bros. Mario but the other day there was a Toon Link, which wasn't too bad. I open mine so this would be great but I get everything on release day because I'm too impatient.

Gamestop is still running the buy 2 get 3 free on pre owned games to life figures until 1/10/16. The hard part is finding a store with enough amiibos in stock you want. I was able to find one with 4 of the mario party amiibos I was missing and a luigi smash amiibo. They also had captain falcon and fox preowned but I already had them. There seem to be a lot of preowned splatoon amiibos at most of the stores I visit but they do not appear on the website. A great deal if you don't mind amiibos without the box
I bought 2 SB Amiibos and 3 Skylanders and I've been able to switch the Skylanders out for amiibos at other locations. I was able to find 5 Super Mario Amiibos for the 2 I bought. I wasn't originally looking to collect the SM amiibos, but this is too good of a deal to pass up.

Since Yacht Club says they'll ensure there's enough stock, I'll wait for Shovel Knight to be available again at Best Buy so I can use GCU.

If anyone is interested in just noticed the Tom nook amiibo is $5.91 on amazon

Sorry on mobile and can't get link to load right

3 Pack can be had for $19 from 3rd party on Amazon w/ free shipping. Wonder if we'll find these for a penny at Gamestop with the old game guides.
Yeah, looks like the $23 price I quoted was 3rd party but fulfilled by Amazon. Shipped and sold by Amazon price is $23.80, but only for Prime members. $19 with no shipping threshold is obviously best.

Sorry dumb question but do the Animal Crossing Amiibos work with any other games? Do they do anything for Super Mario Maker at all?

Sorry dumb question but do the Animal Crossing Amiibos work with any other games? Do they do anything for Super Mario Maker at all?
You can always check here:

http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/compatibility

But yes, you unlock their respective costumes in Super Mario Maker, and they work in Mario Party 10, Captain Toad, Hyrule Warriors, and Chibi-Robo in minor capacity (as can any other amiibo really).

And of course, amiibo Festsival and Happy Home Designer.

If anyone is interested in just noticed the Tom nook amiibo is $5.91 on amazon

Sorry on mobile and can't get link to load right
This really goes to show you how poorly these ones have been selling. I wonder if Nintendo will begin to lower the supply again in the future. There's actually still a lot of ignorant people out there that think new amiibo characters are hard to find.

If anybody bought Tom Nook at Best Buy at launch you can return him till 1/15/16 with their holiday return policy. Think I'm gonna do that myself since this is such a deep discount.

You should be able do a one time price adjustment too, if that works out easier.
I thought you could only price adjust if Best Buy lowers their own price? Always thought price matches had to be done at time of purchase.

Not sure I'd do that anyway though since I used a GC and not sure if I still have it. The few times I've had to call in and have BB send me a new gift card it ends up being even more of a hassle.

I thought you could only price adjust if Best Buy lowers their own price? Always thought price matches had to be done at time of purchase.

Not sure I'd do that anyway though since I used a GC and not sure if I still have it. The few times I've had to call in and have BB send me a new gift card it ends up being even more of a hassle.
Looking at the terms, you're right, it does appear to say they will match their own price within the return period. I just did it the other day price matching Tom Nook, Mabel, 3-pack, and amiibo Festival to Amazon's price but maybe that was YMMV. If you did it online it would probably just be easier to return them in-store and repurchase by price matching Amazon like you said too.

Got my pre-orders in. No slipping off to the store after the morning meeting for me this time. I'll be picking them up from my front door.

Yeah, they'll probably be cheaper in a month, but I really want them now. GCU helps with that.

Ordered two sets of 3 AC card packs as well on two different Amazon accounts.

bread's done
Back