amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got newer bestbuy Visa Credit card from Bestbuy 2 weeks ago and now my ordered R.O.B & Ryu is terminated.  I forgot updated my credit card.  Oh well, i will be outside best buy at 10AM tomorrow buy 2 R.O.B and 2 Ryu  and go back on Sunday price match with Target BOGO 1/2 off ;)

Yeah, i wonder what peoples tallies are and how much theyve spent
for me Te only amiibo I spent retail price for was luigi when the first wave was released then after a year I got link,gamondof,and little mac(Japanese) for 10 each. I then got a coupon from eBay and got olimar free. Then when I was in Mexico I saw peach and bowser on special which came out to be 8 dollars. And recently I got the modern 8 bit Mario amiibo for 5 cause of the Walmart deal and all of them are open so 8 smash amiibo. For animal crossing I have them all sealed and I have the amiibo festival bundle for 30 and tom nook with Mabel 10 fr both. And then I price matched at bb the animal crossing 3 pack amiibo for 18 with a gift card and with that same gift card I got the splatoon 3 pack for 20 when I price matched Walmart. Oh and chibi robo for 4 so 19 amiibo fr about 150 (110 if not including the gift cards) so I would say not too bad

My Ryu and Famicom ROB shipped from Best Buy.

Still haven't heard a damn thing from Gamestop about why they canceled my Roy order (and sent me no notification). I don't trade stuff in there, and I don't cancel orders, and I don't order multiple copies of anything...so I'm truly stumped whey they did that. The figure was still available on their site last I looked (yesterday).
Maybe that store didn't get enough? Also, did you pay in full?

I got a phone call the other day too, they said to pick it up in 48hrs... or else!!!

Just got my Ryu delivered. My Roy preorder shipped this morning. I forgot I even ordered him or I might have cancelled and tried to get it in store...how is the stock on Roy since hes a FE character lol?

**peaks in to see what's new with amiibos. not a ton, apparently**

I think Deader and Mixer are nice guys with helpful posts  :grouphug:

**scurries back into oblivion**

It has been over a year since Gamestop last called me about anything. I thought they stopped doing that?
I used to get calls for pick up from a REAL person... her name was Ashley. Yeah, totally real and based on her voice, hot as fuck. I think she just used the "I'm just calling to let you know your order is ready for pick up" line as an excuse... pretty sure she just wanted the D. Of course, she's never there when I go... I just see neckbeards and fat girls.

Just got newer bestbuy Visa Credit card from Bestbuy 2 weeks ago and now my ordered R.O.B & Ryu is terminated. I forgot updated my credit card. Oh well, i will be outside best buy at 10AM tomorrow buy 2 R.O.B and 2 Ryu and go back on Sunday price match with Target BOGO 1/2 off ;)
In my experience, Best Buy (as well as every other retailer) does not match B1G1 offers whether the second item is free or a certain percentage off. They consider it a "bundle". Best of luck to you if you can get them to do it.

Best Buy has all the new releases available for instore pickup. Oddly, Famicom ROB is saying 3-5 days for in store pickup at all locations around me.

Best Buy has all the new releases available for instore pickup. Oddly, Famicom ROB is saying 3-5 days for in store pickup at all locations around me.
The Targets near me are only getting in 2-4 copies of Famicom ROB. I've also heard the Best Buy stock situation is similar. This definitely seems to be the scarcest of the new ones, though it really can't be all that scarce since it's still available on most websites.

The Targets near me are only getting in 2-4 copies of Famicom ROB. I've also heard the Best Buy stock situation is similar. This definitely seems to be the scarcest of the new ones, though it really can't be all that scarce since it's still available on most websites.
It is probably wise they didn't go overboard with stocking Famicom ROB. Those that were interested in him are the hardcore collectors, the figure won't generate much interest in someone that didn't have a Famicom 30 odd years ago. Casual interest in ROB was probably fulfilled by the Gamestop triple pack, and that didn't really sell all that well (and was overstocked). Gone are the days when simply being a new Amiibo was enough to make it sell.

That feel when the Amiibo rush is dead and they aren't as fun to hunt for anymore....
It's a big change from a year ago. I'm finishing out the Smash collection for completion's sake. Picking up Roy on the way home and don't really care much for Famicom Rob or Ryu that are being delivered from Best Buy today.

My wife was able to pick up Roy today at a store near her.  Ryu and ROB should show up in the next couple days.

So, for Smash, we just need:

Cloud

Corrin

Bayonetta

...can't wait for them to be released and be done with these!

My wife was able to pick up Roy today at a store near her. Ryu and ROB should show up in the next couple days.

Cloud

Corrin

Bayonetta

Agreed....i think at this point i will finish this set out and only get what i want in the future

My wife was able to pick up Roy today at a store near her. Ryu and ROB should show up in the next couple days.

Cloud

Corrin

Bayonetta

Yep...Just ready to be done at this point.

Cloud

Corrin

Bayonetta

It's been a long year and a half, but I can't wait for the last of the Smash line to be released so I won't need any more. Aside from those 3, all I would need is Palutena, and I'm not even stressing over that one. I'll probably just import one since I open them all anway

I wasn't going to buy Ryu, but saw it at Best Buy today and I remembered the old days playing Super Street Fighter II Turbo on the SNES and had to buy him. 

Stopped by target today after 2PM.  Kinda shocked I only 1 person buying Amiibos today.  Store have 3 Ryu and 3 R.O.B.  Also, Picked few Superchargers.  Will come back sunday or later next week return & Rebuy for BOG1 1/2 off ;)

After looking it over, Ryu might be the best looking "human" amiibo I've seen thus far... No trace of derp face whatsoever.
I noticed the same thing, I can't find any paint defects on my Ryu. Almost like they actually put forth real effort for one figure.

Big difference since the old Amiibo days.  Dropped by to pick up a Roy pre-order at my Gamestop this evening, the employee walked over and took one off the wall.  Guess they don't even bother to hold them anymore, they still had several.  Had several Ryus and Famicom ROB as well, but I got Ryu at Best Buy and didn't care about that ROB.

I find it hilarious that Nintendo advertised Digby as an exclusive for a limited time when buying the amiibo Festival bundle. That bundle is everywhere and if you paid attention to previous trade-in promos you could have gotten the amiibo for 5-10 after trading in the game (cheaper than buying them separately)

I wasn't going to buy Ryu, but saw it at Best Buy today and I remembered the old days playing Super Street Fighter II Turbo on the SNES and had to buy him.
I was actually going to buy Ryu and ROB today, but after looking at how many Ryu's GS had, I figured I'd wait on a sale for him. I did get rob though.

Anyone think Pokken will get more amiibo cards? Obviously it seems like they won't be adding anymore fighters, but maybe to use as special unlocks or something?

It just seems weird to me that they're only doing one... Especially since Pokemon is probably the franchise they could sell the most figures and cards of. I think it'd be kinda cool if they made amiibo cards that doubled as TCG cards.

Anyone think Pokken will get more amiibo cards? Obviously it seems like they won't be adding anymore fighters, but maybe to use as special unlocks or something?

It just seems weird to me that they're only doing one... Especially since Pokemon is probably the franchise they could sell the most figures and cards of. I think it'd be kinda cool if they made amiibo cards that doubled as TCG cards.
I expect amiibo for Sun & Moon. Wouldn't be surprised if the card that comes with Pokken does something for the games as well.

I expect amiibo for Sun & Moon. Wouldn't be surprised if the card that comes with the game does something for the game as well.
Also a possibility.

I understand that the Pokemon Company is a separate entity, it's just weird that they haven't done much with the most obvious franchise to make amiibo out of. Usual backwards Nintendo...

I didn't even realize there were already more AC Amiibo out.  But what's the deal with Timmy and Tommy Nook?  I saw some in Best Buy (happened to be there and saw the new ones otherwise I had no idea).  But it is not available for shipping from Best Buy and is only 3rd party sellers on Amazon.  Is that one just way more popular than the others?

I didn't even realize there were already more AC Amiibo out. But what's the deal with Timmy and Tommy Nook? I saw some in Best Buy (happened to be there and saw the new ones otherwise I had no idea). But it is not available for shipping from Best Buy and is only 3rd party sellers on Amazon. Is that one just way more popular than the others?
They didn't make as many as the others it seems.

Damn I forgot they were getting mega yarn yoshis. I thought it was the 20th when they got them. I'll have to swing by one after work and hope for the best

$40 is still too much for me to spend on an amiibo... Especially if half of us would laugh at the price tag if it didn't say "amiibo" on the box.

I don't care if it ends up being the only one I don't own, I gotta hold my ground on something with these things!

bread's done
Back