amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If I'm not able to secure one, would anyone be willing to do $50 shipped for one? I don't get out of work til 11:45am, and I doubt they'll be in stock by the time I get out.

If I'm not able to secure one, would anyone be willing to do $50 shipped for one? I don't get out of work til 11:45am, and I doubt they'll be in stock by the time I get out.
Are they confirmed to be in stock today? Closest TRU is an hour away. It is thunderstorming today and peak Spring Break traffic here right now. Don't want to make the trip for nothing. If they are in stock, I can try to grab one for you ...

Are they confirmed to be in stock today? Closest TRU is an hour away. It is thunderstorming today and peak Spring Break traffic here right now. Don't want to make the trip for nothing. If they are in stock, I can try to grab one for you ...
I called last night, and the representative mentioned they're going on sale tomorrow. He also mentioned they had 3 cases so I'm assuming like 16 or so since the packages are pretty big. You don't have to risk your time especially being that far. I appreciate the offer. I'm hoping my gf/friends come through. Ton of websites mentioned TRU was getting them today as well.

I called last night, and the representative mentioned they're going on sale tomorrow. He also mentioned they had 3 cases so I'm assuming like 16 or so since the packages are pretty big. You don't have to risk your time especially being that far. I appreciate the offer. I'm hoping my gf/friends come through. Ton of websites mentioned TRU was getting them today as well.
I originally read that as "girlfriends" and was like... Damn, this dude has chicks running all over scouring stores for amiibo! :lol:

First in line here and store opens in about 30 minutes. I missed the 11/15 stock and never heard the end of it ... went to Universal Studios for the day that day, just the wife and I. Time for Dad to redeem himself ...

TRU put a Yoshi aside for me b/c they had them on the shelves and people broke the line on original release. Took my step son to work so I am in line anyway. They just handed out tickets. Columbus Oh Polaris.

Guess I'll have to stop by TRU on my way to work this morning and see if I get lucky - MYY and Gold Mario are the only two I'm missing ATM.

If, *if* they still have them on Monday, I'll see if my wife can grab one for someone. I had no interest in it, as I'm sticking to the SSB series.

Local store also had a sign that said one per customer.

EDIT:  Nevermind, sorry!  She has the first part of the week off!

Just bought two copy of ryu and famicom ROB on target using the sale today and while it was there, two copy of Dr. Mario too since it is store exclusive. Today is a good day.

Was able to secure one at my local TRU! Looks like these amiibo are flying off the shelves. I think they had two more boxes of them. Also picked up Ryu, Roy and Famicom R.O.B from BBY/GS. If you want one, I would get to the store today. Good luck!!

Got to my TRU nearly two hours after they opened and they still had plenty of Mega Yarns.  I forgot the day he came out last time and nearly did it today too.  Glad I got one though, he is super cute.

Got Mega Yarn Yoshi & Ryu 40% off. The MYY's seemed to be going quick. Saw about 11 sell within the first 20 mins of opening, only me & 2 other people were there for him b4 they opened but then a bunch of walk in customers came within minutes after opening. Pretty sure they were all gone by 10:30-11 am.

Was able to snag one. If you buy two does 40 percent come off one? They wouldn't let me try...I could buy two but not on same transaction. I figured the store was trying to not give a discount

South attleboro, ma store on route 1 has 3 boxes of Mega Yarn Yoshis as of 4:30pm. I'd have gotten more than 1 but it was 1 per customer but the kid told me he had 3 boxes left and each box looked like it could hold 3-4 MYYs. So just a heads up for anyone in that area.

It's also b1g1 40% off. I had all the amiibos that they had already so I just grabbed a pack of amiibo series 3 cards. Would've been nice to get 2 yarn yoshis, one for 40% off but alas, no luck

For those with Fred Meyers nearby they have B2G1 on Amiibo, DI, and Lego Dimensions fun packs.  The DI and Lego stuff is also on sale for $9.99 making then pretty cheap. (I got 6 DI figures, including the new Boba Fett, for $40).

Unfortunately the Amiibo are not otherwise on sale, but with the coupon I picked up Rover, Timmy/Tommy, and Kapp'n for $8.66 each.  I'd have waited till they were $5-$6 on Amazon but it looks like that may not happen with this batch (at least with the Nooklings).  I was able to cancel my Amazon Famicom ROB order (thank goodness I chose no-rush shipping) and will return my Ryu to Best Buy.  Then I can go back and buy those along with Link (which I apparently never picked up) for $8.66 each as well.

I'd have waited till they were $5-$6 on Amazon but it looks like that may not happen with this batch (at least with the Nooklings).
Mind if I ask why you think? I didn't buy Kapp'n and Rover because I'm waiting for the $6 price point in a couple weeks from Amazon.

Mind if I ask why you think? I didn't buy Kapp'n and Rover because I'm waiting for the $6 price point in a couple weeks from Amazon.
Those 2 maybe. But when I saw Timmy/Tommy OOS already at a few places I asked about it here and people said these newer ones had lower print runs. Don't know if that is confirmed or not, but I figured why take a chance when I can get them in the $8 range now anyway.

South attleboro, ma store on route 1 has 3 boxes of Mega Yarn Yoshis as of 4:30pm. I'd have gotten more than 1 but it was 1 per customer but the kid told me he had 3 boxes left and each box looked like it could hold 3-4 MYYs. So just a heads up for anyone in that area.

It's also b1g1 40% off. I had all the amiibos that they had already so I just grabbed a pack of amiibo series 3 cards. Would've been nice to get 2 yarn yoshis, one for 40% off but alas, no luck
Looks like we may be shopping in the same area for the next little bit. Was going to swing by that store when I was in the area today but ran out of time -- hopefully they'll have some more tomorrow. Mega Yarn Yoshi is the only one I still need from the original releases. You didn't happen to buy all their Mario64 DSs did you? ;)

Those 2 maybe. But when I saw Timmy/Tommy OOS already at a few places I asked about it here and people said these newer ones had lower print runs. Don't know if that is confirmed or not, but I figured why take a chance when I can get them in the $8 range now anyway.
I pre-ordered the nooklings on Amazon and they charged me $8 + change. They have me the prime discount twice for some reason, so that was an automatic keep. I burned myself the past two waves by not waiting and of course the wave I decide to wait on, may be the wave less were made of. smh

Went to my local Toys R US (Clinton, MD) when it opened in hopes of picking one up (and also the two for $70 sale on select games).

Not sure if there's still some left for tomorrow, but when I checked, there were plenty of Yoshis there (along with the new Amiibo), and I was pretty much the only person there interested in video (compared to people lining up during my Amiibo excursions last year).

Looks like we may be shopping in the same area for the next little bit. Was going to swing by that store when I was in the area today but ran out of time -- hopefully they'll have some more tomorrow. Mega Yarn Yoshi is the only one I still need from the original releases. You didn't happen to buy all their Mario64 DSs did you? ;)
Is that the Mario 64 DS game that came out years ago back when the fat DS came out? No, cuz I've had Mario 64 DS since it's launch. All I grabbed was MYY and one pack of series 3 amiibo cards

I went into the only TRU near me at 1:30 this afternoon, and I was suprised to see not only that they still had a MYY - but they had about 20 left.  Then I asked for 2 (to get the discount) and was told 1 per customer.  Really?  I mean I get the idea behind it - but this was the day after and they had a ton.  It's not like they were flying off the shelves.  So I just left.  Maybe I'll call later in the week to see if they still have that restriction in place.

I forgot about Roy.  I'm pretty sure I preordered that but no call from GS.  I'll have to go and see I guess.

I forgot about Roy. I'm pretty sure I preordered that but no call from GS. I'll have to go and see I guess.
I went to pick mine up two days later and there were a few on the shelf behind the counter, but the mother fucker grabbed one off the peg hook on the sales floor. Why the hell do I pre-order things again?

bread's done
Back